Roughly, how many were killed in the "A New Hope" Death Star explosion? I found this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
The first Death Star was destroyed in the Battle of Yavin and everyone aboard was lost. Though the Rebel Alliance official reports put the death toll at around a million Imperials, that estimate is based on intelligence about the minimum crew requirements to operate the Death Star. The Imperials tell a different story.

Imperial analysts claim that between 800 million to a billion people were lost in the "Yavin Massacre" This number is based on the flood of missing personnel reports filed in a period of 18 months after the Battle the Yavin. Imperial loyalists claim that the Alliance is intentionally down-playing the loss of life to distract from the fact that the destruction of the Death Star was an equally catastrophic loss of life as the destruction of Alderaan. The crew manifest of the Death Star was classified and destroyed with the station, so the truth may never be known.

DE Calvin
Luke=Mass Terrorist.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Luke=Mass Terrorist.

You know, I think that Imperials actually referred to the Rebel, and anyone associated, as Terrorists.

I forget the book's title but I remember Tarkin talking to Vader about Alderran and something about Tarkin saying that Alderran was a haven for terrorists. That terrorism will not be tolerated while his main topic was the Rebel Alliance.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
You know, I think that Imperials actually referred to the Rebel, and anyone associated, as Terrorists.

I forget the book's title but I remember Tarkin talking to Vader about Alderran and something about Tarkin saying that Alderran was a haven for terrorists. That terrorism will not be tolerated while his main topic was the Rebel Alliance.
I know, but im just saying that Luke destroyed the ANH Death star, making him a mass terrorist.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by DE Calvin
I know, but im just saying that Luke destroyed the ANH Death star, making him a mass terrorist.

Oh.. yea.

From an Imperial perspective, I guess.

But he was considered a freedom fighter by the Rebel Alliance and Old Republic loyalists.

If Alderran was still around when Luke destroyed the Death Star, he would've been considered a hero by it's people. But that's probably because Alderran was probably the most anti-imperial planet in the galaxy.

Captain REX
If you use the numbers that West End provides, you get a total of 1,205,200 Imperial deaths with the destruction of the Death Star.

27,048 officers; 774,576 troops, pilots, and crewers; 378,576 support and maintenance crewers; about 25,000 Stormtroopers.

Alderaan was the home of roughly a billion people.

willman
yeah thats about it. And one wookie (that was captured (he was chewbaccas friend) just before the yavin massacre)

joke.

Darth_Glentract
At least 265 million people.

Ogami Itto
at least the first death star was full of imperials!! the death star 2 was still under construction!!! which means there would have been independent construction crews and other innocent parties aboard............maybe?? I would also like to think the debris from the ds2 totally ****ed the Endor ecology too!!!damn rebels!!! laughing out loud

although having the ds2 that close to a moon is impossible anyway stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
at least the first death star was full of imperials!! the death star 2 was still under construction!!! which means there would have been independent construction crews and other innocent parties aboard............maybe?? I would also like to think the debris from the ds2 totally ****ed the Endor ecology too!!!damn rebels!!! laughing out loud

although having the ds2 that close to a moon is impossible anyway stick out tongue

I'm sure any employee working on the construction of the 2nd Death Star knew what they were building. So they weren't that innocent of a party.

And as for the debris quote, sometimes for the greater good, sacrifices must be made. If it took sacrificing Endor, it's forest moon or it's ecology then better that than the destruction of hundreds of other planets the Death Star would've blown up.

Fishy
Ogami I seriously doubt the Empire would employ independed construction crews, if they would use people outside of the army they would have been slaves or prisoners or whatever and if thats the case then death is probably the better alternative.

Ogami Itto
tell that to wicket laughing out loud
i think the empire would kinda force people to work on it i mean can you imagine someone like the contracter boss telling Sids he don't agree with his policies???

Ogami Itto
i think i remember (correct me if i'm wrong) GL saying that it was the geonisians who built them so there goes my arguements Happy Dance

FistOfThe North
i think i remember (correct me if i'm wrong) GL saying that it was the geonisians who built them so there goes my arguements Happy Dance

yea, i heard that too. But what i heard was that the Death Star was a Geonosian design soon to be a CIS weapon, then I heard it was Raith Sinear's design, Tarkin's childhood friend and current business partner.

Ogami Itto
i'd go 4 GL's explanation

Darth_Glentract
The Geonosians helped design it, but Bevel did most of the work. The Geonosians also helped make it, but then Wookie slaves did most of the actual construction. Whether there were any wookies on the second one, I don't know.

FistOfThe North
i'd go 4 GL's explanation

Well, me too, just saying that's what I heard. But I do think Raith had to do something with the Death Star, heavily. I think his company was gonna actually build it. The Geonosians came up with the design but his company had the contract to construct the Death Star.

After all, Raith's company is the one that built nearly all of the Empire's military vehicles. But they built mobile and immobile weaponry for the CIS, too..

Darth_Glentract
Raith worked for the Republic, not the CIS. Raith and his company made all the TIE snubfighters.

It was Tarkin, Geonosians, and Wookie Slaves that made the Death Star. Raith's company had nothing to do with the Death Star.

JaehSkywalker
counted?!?!?! blink

SS_181st_Snow
Didn't Bevel Lemelisk and Qui Xux design it from the Maw, while the Wookiees worked on it? The Geonosians probably worked on the one at the end of Ep 3, but how can we believe that that's the one used in ANH?

DE Calvin
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Didn't Bevel Lemelisk and Qui Xux design it from the Maw, while the Wookiees worked on it? The Geonosians probably worked on the one at the end of Ep 3, but how can we believe that that's the one used in ANH?
Cause there was only one Death-Star at a time.

Ogami Itto
What it took 20 years to build one, and then about three years to almost complete an even bigger one??

Fishy
What it took 20 years to build one, and then about three years to almost complete an even bigger one??

It took us thousands of years to create the first airplane, how much longer did it take to create jet planes?

Ogami Itto
O come come!! thats a bit different!! anyway they are advanced as hell around a ROTS and it took them roughly 20 years to build the first one !Granted some aspects of building the second DS would be handled more efficiently because of experience of building the first one but i doubt that would take approximately SEVENTEEN yrs off do you?? and remember the second one is a lot bigger AND they are trying to keep it secret from public knowledge(apart from Palpy's little leaking plan)

but all of my arguements don't change the fact that their WAS only one (fully operational) Death star at a time so i you were right DE calvin big grin

Tangible God
The Death Star at the end of ROTS was to be the prototype that was destroyed in the Maw. The real one was completed after Bevel Lemelisk and Qui Xux oversaw the building of the superlaser, which created numerous problems.

Captain REX

Yup! Construction delays by rebel insurgents. Lots of them. And it was the first one.

Ogami Itto
I don't believe that! if the rebels knew about it for 20 years and were consistently sabotaging it the whole GALAXY would know about it ! Did u see Han Solo's reaction in A New Hope when he saw it?!He didn't even believe it was a space station, and he's "flown from one end of this galaxy to the other"!!

Same with Rogue Squadron when approaching at the end, they are totally gob smacked."look at the size of that thing"doesn't sound like the reaction of a rebel squad that had been sabotaging said battle station on a consistent basis for several years!!

also in ROTJ it states in the opening crawl

Little does Luke know that the GALACTIC
EMPIRE has secretly begun construction on a
new armored space station even more powerful
than the first dreaded Death Star.

Whoa JUST BEGUN?? it's almost finished that aint 3 years!!!
i guess they learn REAL quick laughing out loud

Ogami Itto
oops! it doesn't say JUST begun embarrasment so it could have bin 3 years in the makin'

Ushgarak
First of all- Star Wars logic; there were only evil people on the Death Star. That's how it is.

Secondly, directly from GL, the Deeath Star was buuilt by evil Geonosians, and those are the construction workers who died in the second one. No-one innocent died.

Thridly, direct from GL- yeah, it makes little sense about the timing, but we can just assume there were labour and material problems etc. in building the original Death Star, so it was indeed 20 years and then only a few.

That's that.

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Ushgarak
First of all- Star Wars logic; there were only evil people on the Death Star. That's how it is.

Secondly, directly from GL, the Deeath Star was buuilt by evil Geonosians, and those are the construction workers who died in the second one. No-one innocent died.

Thridly, direct from GL- yeah, it makes little sense about the timing, but we can just assume there were labour and material problems etc. in building the original Death Star, so it was indeed 20 years and then only a few.

That's that.

First - Do you mean evil people like Anakin??? big grin SW logic seems to say that it aint that Black and White to me!

Second - Agreed, but surely there were some good geonosians???

Third - Labour and material problems?With a Tyrannical ruler with hundreds of thousands of planets at his disposal i find that hard to buy even 4 SW

Ushgarak
Anakin's the only exception, and that involved intense issues wth the Force and the driving plot of the films.

If there were good Geonosians, they weren't on the Death Star. That's Star Wars logic again.

And that's what GL says, so there you go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.