Kosmos vs Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Kosmos-Powers/Abilities: Vast ability to restructure reality. Kosmos is classified as a "minor omnipotent" (levels are detailed in one of her appearances), meaning that her power does not compare to the Celestials, Eternity, the Living Tribunal, etc

The Ion
Ion

Mr Master
Originally posted by golem370
Kosmos-Powers/Abilities: Vast ability to restructure reality. Kosmos is classified as a "minor omnipotent" (levels are detailed in one of her appearances), meaning that her power does not compare to the Celestials, Eternity, the Living Tribunal, etc

she's still stupid powerful,

what i find interesting is that, they always say cosmic cubes are on a global scale,
but when kubik went with the fantastic four to retcon beyonder's pocket universe, kubik not only defeated him but turned his reality into a pebble he nearly crushed between his fingers, now pocket universes are smaller than our own universe but surely far bigger than a planet.

what's ion's powers?

golem370
I think Ion is serously out matched here

The Ion
Of course you do. He is a DC character after all.

golem370
Well ain't you in here to fanboy DC?????????????????

The Ion
Well ain't you in here to fanboy DC?????????????????
Please golem. It doesn't take a genius to figure out you constantly sell DC characters way short of their abilities. This is pretty simple. Cube beings work on a most planetary scale. The Spectre himself told Ion he could alter reality on a universal scale.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5915/greenlanternv3150pg129pg.jpg http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7056/greenlanternv3150pg139mi.jpg

Ion had to power to change history and actually make it so Hal was never The Spectre. Do you know how much power it would take to interfere with The Spectreforce? Much more than Kosmos has.

This isn't even getting into the fact that Ion can replicate himself infinitely and exist in all places in the universe at the same time.

golem370
I think the ability to restructure reality could do the same thing.

golem370
The curret Kosmos might loose but If she add learned to use her powers to there full extent she would win IMO

The Ion
I think the ability to restructure reality could do the same thing.
On a planetary scale? You know you're being ridiculous.

Mr Master
Originally posted by The Ion
On a planetary scale? You know you're being ridiculous.

if cosmic cubes are planetary scale, how did Kubik(cosmic cube) transform the retcon beyonder's pocket universe into a pebble?

Mr Master

i read that scan, nowhere does it say Ion has universal power, he can recreate history/time but this may be planetary, or even less.

The Ion
Because retconned Beyonder himself was just an incomplete cosmic cube? It would make sense for Kubik to be able to undo his work.

golem370
What about the fact that Beyonder was able to kill Death?

The Ion
Originally posted by Mr Master
i read that scan, nowhere does it say Ion has universal power, he can recreate history/time but this may be planetary, or even less.
He could undo Hal's attachment to The Spectreforce. That's beyond planetary warping interfering with God's wrath and all. Then there's the whole omnipresence he had going for himself.

The Ion
Nice illusion.

golem370
Yeah Right.

The Ion
laughing

That's a fact golem. All of Beyonder's high end feats were retconned into mere illusions he created for himself and others.

Mr Master
Because retconned Beyonder himself was just an incomplete cosmic cube? It would make sense for Kubik to be able to undo his work.

i see that, but my complaint is his bio, "he can manipulate reality upto a global scale"
yet the retconned Beyonder's realm/pocket universe was much bigger than a planet(global scale), and he didn't just manipulate but turned it into a pebble,
besides that now that you mention it, it's even more marvel mixups,
retcon Beyonder was half a cosmic cube which means he has half global scale manipulation, yet he creates a pocket universe that could possibly have had hunderds to millions of planets.

Mr Master

that was pre-retcon Beyonder

The Ion
Pocket universes really aren't that great. Not on the cosmic scale. Kyle created a pocket universe before he had the full Ion power. Green Lantern's power ring contains a world.

Mr Master
Nice illusion.

actually pre-retcon Beyonder did kill death and brought her back,
but then later marvel downplayed him into this confused half cosmic cube that was being toyed with by the greater powers for no good reason.

but when he killed death, he really killed death.

Mr Master
Pocket universes really aren't that great. Not on the cosmic scale. Kyle created a pocket universe before he had the full Ion power. Green Lantern's power ring contains a world.

well how big is a pocket universe in your opinion,
compare it to something,
i say it's bigger or as big as a galaxy.

Mr Master
well how big is a pocket universe in your opinion,
compare it to something,
i say it's bigger or as big as a galaxy.

milky way that is

The Ion
actually pre-retcon Beyonder did kill death and brought her back,
but then later marvel downplayed him into this confused half cosmic cube that was being toyed with by the greater powers for no good reason.

but when he killed death, he really killed death.
I know but it was retcon into the higher ups like Death and LT just playing around so all that isn't valid anymore. It's seriously stupid but whatever.

It's hard to say how big a pocket universe is. By definition isn't it the same on a much, much smaller scale?

Mr Master
I know but it was retcon into the higher ups like Death and LT just playing around so all that isn't valid anymore. It's seriously stupid but whatever.

It's hard to say how big a pocket universe is. By definition isn't it the same on a much, much smaller scale?

it may have been retconned but I still think those are valid feats from a different character, i don't even consider retcon beyonder as the beyonder from secret wars, especially when considering the power level difference, and like i said when secret wars beyonder did what he did, he really did it, there was no cosmic comedy invented at the time, that came way later, in other words retconning beyonder was not a reality when beyonder was invented and used on panel, that came after the fact.
as a matter of fact it's time to make a thread where classic Beyonder challenges anyone upto the top, since in my opinion he was the most powerful character marvel ever created. I remeber classic beyonder saying he was more powerful than everything in the marvel multi-verse combined.

and as for the pocket universe, exactly, it is a universe but much much smaller,
still, would that not be much much bigger than even the biggest of planets?
hence, why are cosmic cubes global scale manipulators when Kubik affected retconned beyonder's pocket universe?
sometimes comics contradict themselves.

thesilverspider
Why do people even bother with Golem he's the Dvamp of Marvel..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.