Hulk vs. Silver Surfer - Gladiator style!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3127/hulk95a6ua.jpg

Cover to Incredible Hulk #95. Looks interesting. I'm actually rooting for the big green guy. First Planet Hulk issue was pretty good. Hopefully this will be too.

--------------------

Anyway, here's the fight. Surfer is NOT allowed to uses blasts or draining or any kind of power like that. He's also not allowed to fly. Each character has what they have on the cover. Fight takes place in a big roman gladiator stadium thingy.

Who wins...?

wannabe
Fight will go on and on and on and on....

grey fox
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3127/hulk95a6ua.jpg

Cover to Incredible Hulk #95. Looks interesting. I'm actually rooting for the big green guy. First Planet Hulk issue was pretty good. Hopefully this will be too.

--------------------

Anyway, here's the fight. Surfer is NOT allowed to uses blasts or draining or any kind of power like that. He's also not allowed to fly. Each character has what they have on the cover. Fight takes place in a big roman gladiator stadium thingy.

Who wins...?

Awesome cover..... eek!

The Ion
I get the feeling that if Hulk wins that fight we'll be seeing a whole new batch of Hulk/Superman threads...

jrodslam
I dont think Surfer can hang with Hulk pound for pound. Thats just me.

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
I get the feeling that if Hulk wins that fight we'll be seeing a whole new batch of Hulk/Superman threads...

And the outcome wil still be the same Ion. Supes wins.

The Ion
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont think Surfer can hang with Hulk pound for pound. Thats just me.
I agree but he does have the speed to never get touched.

TheKahn

Yep sad

I'd say Surfer should win. I think he can increase his strength to a almost unlimited level and thus should be able to KO the Hulk before the Hulk gets mad enough where he would be a threat.

jrodslam
I agree but he does have the speed to never get touched.

Does he? Without flying on the board? I didnt know that. erm

Hit and Run
It ought to be interesting. We almost NEVER see Norrin fight with fisticuffs or weapons like this.

supervenom
Hulk of course. Come on, this is with no powers.

King_Mungi
Zombie Hulk just bit off Silver Surfer's head in Marvel Zombies #3

thesilverspider
Surfer has taken mindless hulks hits and shaked them off.Can surfer amp himself to match Hulks strength?

Mindship
Coupla questions...
1. What were the events leading up to this confrontation?
2. If the Surfer is not allowed to use energy, why is he wielding what looks like an energy mace? (borrowed from Hawkgirl?)

Although Surfer should win because he can augment his strength and speed (plus he already has a level of durability shown to be Hulk-proof on many prior occasions), I could see him losing cuz the writers will generally reason along these lines...
1. We're not used to seeing Surfer use fisticuffs (though he has and to good effect); he's an "energy guy," so let's stick with that and keep him otherwise nigh-helpless;
2. If the Hulk loses now, then what good is he? We've leveled the playing field as much as possible; if they're just gonna punch each other, shouldn't Hulk win? I mean, this is what he does: bash things with his fists!

Great pic.

Hit and Run
Nowadays, the Hulk seems to lose to everyone. Writers just don't seem to make him out to be the powerhouse that he used to be.

In recent comics, I've seen the Thing take out Hulk with one blow and the New X-men kids beat him like he was a common bank-robber. And in some scans, I've seen Spider-Man beat the Hulk by dropping a truck on him and Titannus take him out in three punches.

He's just become a plot device to for other characters to beat up and show how tough they are.

roughrider
Originally posted by TheKahn
Yep sad

I'd say Surfer should win. I think he can increase his strength to a almost unlimited level and thus should be able to KO the Hulk before the Hulk gets mad enough where he would be a threat.

I would agree. Only difference is that Surfer isn't as used to duking it out with an opponent as Hulk is. He's just average h2h. And while Surfer is not allowed to fly, Hulk can still leap, so is more agile here.

spideycarnage
for some reason i dont see hulk using that shield, surfer will crack him on the head with that energy mase.

thesilverspider
From the looks of it Surfer is using his board as his shield so his mental commands can let it block where ever he wishes........

The Ion
Originally posted by roughrider
I would agree. Only difference is that Surfer isn't as used to duking it out with an opponent as Hulk is. He's just average h2h. And while Surfer is not allowed to fly, Hulk can still leap, so is more agile here.
Surfer should have a super leap of his own.

jgiant
hulk will thrash surfer

golem370
pics

golem370
another cool pic

golem370
one more

roughrider
Originally posted by golem370
one more

WTF? He knows Jennifer well. And what was her problem?

Where is Hulk's mental state these days? He's articulate, so not a full savage. But he's not Professor Hulk anymore either.

golem370
But

golem370
one more

thesilverspider
Originally posted by roughrider
WTF? He knows Jennifer well. And what was her problem?

Where is Hulk's mental state these days? He's articulate, so not a full savage. But he's not Professor Hulk anymore either.
That's like the first time surfer and she-hulk met.

roughrider
Originally posted by thesilverspider
That's like the first time surfer and she-hulk met.

Don't know about that, unless it's some kind of flashback.
Jennifer was there with the FF, the day Surfer figured out how to escape the field Galactus put in place, to keep him on Earth. Then he made a successful deal with Big G for his freedom.
That's Ron Lim's art; he came on board the new Surfer series in it's second year. Think the writer just forgot some past history.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Zombie Hulk just bit off Silver Surfer's head in Marvel Zombies #3 I can not wait to get that issue!

Jesse7
post scans of marvel zombies #3!

Hit and Run
WTF is Marvel Zombies anyway? I feel so left out of the loop.

Mider
marvel zombies is were all the characters are zombies seriously. Anyway so now Surfer is even more durable then onslought?

Jesse7
When was it stated that he is more durable then Onslaught?

Jesse7
post scans of zombie hulk biting off Silver Surfer's head.

ExtraMision5555
i think i read some zombie marvel

isint magento a main char ni that? or at some point wasnt he a main char or am i getting my serieses mixed up

GODSCRIBE
it really depends on how much Surfer amps himself up. he can absorb enough energy to put Hulk down.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Jesse7
post scans of zombie hulk biting off Silver Surfer's head.

Here ya go

badabing
Gladiator style? So they both have mohawks?

Lucid Lui
Possibly. But then they'd both cop a beating from Gladiator for stealing his look.

Jesse7
Thank you Tassadar

rorschach_beast
hulk owns. the end
he's too powerful

but when surfer touch the hule so he can take his power and defeat glactus, the hulk got very weak and turn back into bruce...

iceman24567
It's obvious Surfer wins here.

d3str0ya10
so when SS is off his board he can amp his powers up?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by d3str0ya10
so when SS is off his board he can amp his powers up?

Yeah his board is just a means of transportation and can be used offensively sometimes but by no strech of the imagination does he need it to access his powers (FF4 s movie sucks balls ... ahem... who said that?)

d3str0ya10
LOL well than he's off the damn charts and would **** hulk and a-bomb at he same time in a way cause he could amp his power and durablity to there level and with the power of cosmic omg its a stomp but i dont like how some people say that carnage with cosmic could beat SS because last time i checked power cosmic is form the sun which is heat and symbiote are weak to heat so the minute he summoned the cosmic his symbiote would be like "im out".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.