-=- The Rolling Stones -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
The Non Fan-girl thread.

They are really good, I recognize there tallent, but there are only a few songs I like from them.

Such as "Painted Black" and "Satisfaction"

I still like them then 97% of all "modern" bands, Me being a classic rock fan. (60ies - 70ies, most of 80ies lost the "sound" and general meaning that is now classic rock. THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIM WILDE AND A-HA!!!)

Your thoughts and imputs on them?

Cinemaddiction
Think they should go ahead and die, personally. After the Super Blow (sic) performance, they've proven they're just a broken hip away from retirement.

BobbyD
laughing

Okay, all kidding aside-I agree with you for the most part, Koala. But, in the present, they are not good. They are living off of their name and old stuff from there younger days, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, they don't stink-they're just not any good anymore.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by BobbyD
laughing

Okay, all kidding aside-I agree with you for the most part, Koala. But, in the present, they are not good. They are living off of their name and old stuff from there younger days, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, they don't stink-they're just not any good anymore.

I compleatly Agree.

They are sell offs.

But one must retire (or not) one day.

At least Pink Floyd (or Roager waters for the most part) is giving there profits to charity.

Long live Pink. (many meanings to that)

Alpha Centauri
I'm gonna not be as extreme as to hope they die, because that's a bit stupid.

They're not as good as they once were because of a multitude of reasons, but they were very good and I like their older work.

-AC

MildPossession
I haven't heard any of the new stuff so can't comment on it, but I love listening to their past work.

Thorin
oooohhhh yeah, sympathy for the devil, wild horses and satisfaction, are some of my favorite songs by them.

oh and paint it black and so hott for you.

Scarecrow756
I have just started listening to them they are quite good I think.

StinkFist462
the Super Bowl preformance was a disaster.

give it up already.

Beyond Image
boy oh boy, do i have some songs that rock. such as

have you seen my baby? from 40 licks album
wild horses...excellent
happy angie...yeah!

and it branches from there on out...with other great bands through out the 60, 70, and the 80. good tunes, won't you say...Koala?

Refused
The only song i like of theirs is She's a Rainbow because i haven't bothered to get one of their albums.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.