The Usual Suspects

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkWizard
It appears there isn't a thread about the Usual Suspects in the MDF, but there is one within the old 'Movie reviews' forum.

Anyway, I watched it last night and loved it.

T.M
This is a great movie. when ever I want to watch a movie but don't know which one to watch I put this on. The ending was amazing IMO the best twist ever. And when ever I watch it I notice more things in the movie that I didn't see before.

truly a great movie.

DarkWizard
What I loved about it, was that it made you believe one theory. And then, it totally shit on you at the end. Throwing that old theory away, and finding the new one.

T.M
Originally posted by DarkWizard
What I loved about it, was that it made you believe one theory. And then, it totally shit on you at the end. Throwing that old theory away, and finding the new one.

yes When I watched it for the first time I went through every single cast member and said thats Keyser Soze.. then a minute later I was like no that person is. laughing out loud and I got it wrong yes

papabeard
Good Film, Story, Acting, Script, Ending.

T.M
Originally posted by papabeard
Good Film, Story, Acting, Script, Ending.

yes

IMO it is pretty much a perfect movie.

Deathblow
Originally posted by T.M
when ever I want to watch a movie but don't know which one to watch I put this on.

That's exactly how I feel about it. It's so fun and easy to watch, for me, only Pulp Fiction, Buffalo Soldiers and The Big Lebowski stand up to repeated viewings as well as Suspects.

It also reminds me a lot of Tarantino, mainly due to the dialogue and the completely flawless teamwork of the ensemble cast. Del Toro and Pollak are hilarious, Palminteri and Byrne are intensity personified and it's the only time I've ever liked Stephen Baldwin. Spacey is all of the above and more. It's just a really good, modern movie.

Nevermind
Excellent movie. The acting was brilliant, I didn't see one flaw with the cast. Probably one of the best casts ever. I absolutely loved the story, kept me guessing the whole way through. The whole thing is fantastic. One of my favourite movies of all time.

MildPossession
I enjoyed Buffalo Soldiers a lot!

As for The Usual Suspects, I love Del Toro in the film, excellent excellent film.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by T.M
yes

IMO it is pretty much a perfect movie.

I only have one complaint.

Sometimes it was difficult to recognize the switch in flashbacks, even further flashbacks, and present time. I could tell when the times were transitioned. But, It was difficult at first.

BackFire
It's a good movie and all, but I think it's extremely overrated. The twist wasn't that great, man. It was solid, but nothing overly mindblowing.

GCG
Originally posted by DarkWizard

*cough* spoiler *cough* roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkWizard
Originally posted by GCG
*cough* spoiler *cough* roll eyes (sarcastic)

A very Mild and Vague spoiler. But I'll tag it. erm

DarkWizard
Favorite lines from this movie?

"GIMMIE DE KEYS! YOU ****IN' C**K SUCKA MUTHA ****A!!"

APOCALYPSE NUR
Actually it's :

GIMMIE THE KEYS, YOU ****ING C**K SUCKER MUTHA ***KAAAAA
BLAAHH BLAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkWizard
yeah.

I wasn't sure how to add the "BLLLLLAAAAHHHH BLLLLAAAHHHH"

And then there is Del toro's attempt.

"gimmeiadakeyvs yafuggancoshuchaka."

OR

"I Flipp you" laughing out loud

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by BackFire
It's a good movie and all, but I think it's extremely overrated. The twist wasn't that great, man. It was solid, but nothing overly mindblowing.

I respect your opinion and vice versa, but c'mon! Name me some better endings than that of Spacey having made up an entire story by merely looking at things in an office, piecing them together to sound factual, and then having played Chazz ****in' Palmentari..Sonny..Primo Sidone..like a fiddle, only to get in a car at the end..scott free of having murdered a literal boatful of men.

To think, the guy never wrote a movie before, and it was Bryan Singer's directorial debut. I just don't get how anyone couldn't think that crazy pretzel of an ending was short of genius.

T.M
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I respect your opinion and vice versa, but c'mon! Name me some better endings than that of Spacey having made up an entire story by merely looking at things in an office, piecing them together to sound factual, and then having played Chazz ****in' Palmentari..Sonny..Primo Sidone..like a fiddle, only to get in a car at the end..scott free of having murdered a literal boatful of men.

To think, the guy never wrote a movie before, and it was Bryan Singer's directorial debut. I just don't get how anyone couldn't think that crazy pretzel of an ending was short of genius.

Agreed.

DarkWizard
Good points there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.