Dear Wendy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
Have not seen it yet, for I'm not very "in" with all of this artsy cinema. But a friend of mine thought it was really great.

Anyone seen it?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0342272/

Myth
I've always wanted to see it since I saw the trailor. Looks excellent but never got a chance to see it.

MildPossession
I've seen it, can't wait to add the dvd to my collection. It didn't do to well with critics I don't think. I adored the film, with a nice Zombies soundtrack! Recommend it.

Nevermind
Sounds like a nice film. Doubt it'll come out here.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Nevermind
Sounds like a nice film. Doubt it'll come out here.

I don't think you'll like it. No ones told you how the acting is and/or whether the editing is really good...

Also, it's a Lars on Trier movie...perhaps it'll be too intellectual for you aswell.

Welcome.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't think you'll like it. No ones told you how the acting is and/or whether the editing is really good...

Also, it's a Lars on Trier movie...perhaps it'll be too intellectual for you aswell.

Welcome.

Love starting the fire, don't you? What can Solo say about a film he hasn't seen? He's just asking what's it about. So he can't say much. No one else has said much about it either. I've read the imdb page. Like I said it sounds like a nice film.

DarkWizard
YKF, Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack. Show some Common courtesy.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Hi! Hello! Hey! I was simply using my previous interactions with dear ol' Nevermind to help clarify his judgement! I was helping him! He seemed to have forgotten that he can only base his opinion on a film by reading about 'production values'...

Don't castigate me for helping a fellow member.

DarkWizard
Hi! Hello! Hey! I was simply using my previous interactions with dear ol' Nevermind to help clarify his judgement! I was helping him! He seemed to have forgotten that he can only base his opinion on a film by reading about 'production values'...

If you are going to help someone. Do it in a Respectful manor.

On The Helping Scale, Your insults outweighed your assistance by a long shot.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
How did I insult him? He told me before that he doesn't like 'intellectual' movies, and that he needs to know about production values to form an opinion on a movie that he has yet to watch!

Nevermind

I did judge the film on a production value. The story. Nice going with that one. No, you don't have to base your opinion by production value alone. Production value just gives hard evidence. Let's not bring this thread off topic by creating the same argument we've had before.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Actually, the term 'production value' does not incorporate the story. Nice try. I enjoy seeing you attempt to hide your previous display of ignorance, however it only serves in making you look more so.

DarkWizard
Stay on the Topic like Nevermind Suggested.

Smartest move in this conversation yet.

Solo
I'll be watching this tomorrow, I'll tell you all what I have think.

Nevermind
Actually, the term 'production value' does not incorporate the story. Nice try. I enjoy seeing you attempt to hide your previous display of ignorance, however it only serves in making you look more so.

Story's part of a script, no? And I do think a script is part of a production.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Solo
I'll be watching this tomorrow, I'll tell you all what I have think.

Sounds good, fill us in.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Nevermind

Cinemaddiction

laughing out loud

Classic.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Would you like to state your source? Because, funny enough, I couldn't find your definition in two dictionaries and google.

Aha! There's a good boy, Damiano! You've been doing some research on your own! I am proud. However, the reason you couldn't find a definition in a dictionary is because they contain words, rather than phrases. The phrase 'production values' does not have the same meaning as 'the value of a production'. Ahh, there it is! Are things becoming clearer now? Good.

Myth
Edit: Unnecessary joke. Don't worry, wasn't directed at anybody.

DarkWizard
Aha! There's a good boy, Damiano! You've been doing some research on your own! I am proud. However, the reason you couldn't find a definition in a dictionary is because they contain words, rather than phrases. The phrase 'production values' does not have the same meaning as 'the value of a production'. Ahh, there it is! Are things becoming clearer now? Good.

Oh My God!!! Who Cares!? Take this mindless altercation through PM or nowhere at all!

And if you don't I'll Just abuse my privelages and edit your posts!

Take some time off, YKF. To Cool off a bit.

Solo
In least words as possible, "Dear Wendy" was a very unique and strikingly original movie. A very great performance came from Jamie Bell. I was quite pleased with how this one turned out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.