"what if" superman runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zachrivard
WHAT IF???

Superman is transported to marvel earth by god, he gets in to a fight w/ Dr.Strange and breaks his hands, realizing strange is good he offers to learn magic and protect earth. Strange teaches Superman every thing he knows. Superman becomes earths Sorcerer Supreme. Galacticus comes to earth to eat it, superman offers to join him if he spares earth, Galacticus gives superman the power cosmic, then galacticus realizes that superman is a goodie 2 shoes and ***** slaps him into the sun where he stays for 1 year, meanwhile galacticus gathers up bad guys to destroy superman upon his return.

this is THE SUN DIPPED KYRPTONIAN SORCER SUPREME

with the ablility to do spells hundred of times faster than Strange
Super superman abilitys
The power cosmic amplifying his power even more

this superman runs my gaunlet

1 toad

2 blob

3 magneto

4 Juggernaut

5 onslaught

6 Thanos

7 Tyrant

8 Galacticus

how far does my superman get???

Spawnrules
6. or 7.

zachrivard
i think he could do the whole thing, nobody would stop him

zachrivard
neone else?????

zachrivard
should i edit the gauntlet

zachrivard
what if he faced wolverine or batman??

Femi32
Strange beat up Galactus and held his own against Death. I think The Socerer Kryptonian will clear the gaunlet.

zachrivard
who could stop superman w/ his new powers?

JOE NUNEZ
nobody

JOE NUNEZ
maybe the boy wonder

zachrivard
i doubt the boy wonder could beat him

Mider
heh since this is a what if he would probably win.

Marcus4600
Yeah, whatever. Thanos would kick his ass, but say he doesn't. We've forgetting one thing here. Galactus wields the Power Cosmic. He's invulnerable to anything that "What If" Superman could throw at him. Even if he was destroyed, then you've gotta deal with Abraxas, then Supes is f*cked.

Darth_Erebus
When did Strange beat Galactus? Is this in refrence to that FF issue in the early 80s where Galactus was already near starvation and fighting the FF, the Avengers, and a few others?

To answer the thread, he MIGHT get past Thanos but if so thenTyrant Kills him, even if it's depowered Tyrant.

zachrivard
i think what if superman could beat galacticus

Marcus4600
Well, you can think that all day, because he couldn't. We're talking about the Power Cosmic here. And not just any power cosmic. This is the guy who harnesses it. Any one of Galactus' heralds could easily take down this What If Supes that you thought up, so Galactus wins, no contest. He's look at that Supes and kill him. Heck, I don't even think he'd get past Thanos.

vold
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Well, you can think that all day, because he couldn't. We're talking about the Power Cosmic here. And not just any power cosmic. This is the guy who harnesses it. Any one of Galactus' heralds could easily take down this What If Supes that you thought up, so Galactus wins, no contest. He's look at that Supes and kill him. Heck, I don't even think he'd get past Thanos.
youre an idiot. this is basically silver surfer, strange, sun dipped superman alltogether. he will get to 7 or 8

spetznaz
Any one of Galactus' heralds could easily take down this What If Supes that you thought up, so Galactus wins, no contest.\

Goodness, sometimes the sheer lack of logic in some posts amazes me.

The original poster said that this Superman has:

a) Been taught all the magic that Dr Strange knows (and because of his inherent abilities is able to do them exceedingly fast)
b) Has been granted the power cosmic by Galactus.
c) Has spent a year in the sun.

Thus this is a sun-dipped Kryptonian sorcerer supreme.

Yet you say 'any one of Galactus' heralds could easily take him down.'

Hmmmm ....let's walk through this a while.
The greatest (arguably) herald is the Silver Surfer (at least when it comes to all his showings).
A powerful herald for sure.

However, this 'What If' Superman has:
1) the power of Silver surfer
PLUS
2) the power of an ENHANCED sorcerer Supreme
PLUS
3) the powers of a sun-dipped Superman

Yet you say ANY herald can beat him!?

Goodness, that is like me asking you which is a better deal:

A) Me giving you 100,000 bucks.

B) Me giving you a 100,000 bucks, and then adding another 100,000 bucks to it, AND THEN adding another 100,000 bucks to it.

And you saying that the first option is better.

Goodness!
It always amazes me the sheer lack of logic that (mostly Marvel) fanboys exhibit.

zachrivard
what if superman is the greatest

zachrivard
i should write that comic

Pepito
There is the factor that maybe Superman has a power limit (say the solar energy makes his strength 3000 tonnes but the power cosmic already makes his strength more than that - are the levels added together). I think Onslaught could take him down and definitely Tyrant and Thanos. Juggernaut is always an uphill struggle as well so he might cause some trouble - Superman hits him, he goes flying but then he gets up and says, "No-one can beat the incredibly obnoxious Juggernaut". Eventually the force field shuts down and Supes moves onto next person but its probably tiring. Onslaught is underrated - it took many more heroes than Doctor Strange to kill him and it took a year of general blasting and punching.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Pepito
There is the factor that maybe Superman has a power limit (say the solar energy makes his strength 3000 tonnes but the power cosmic already makes his strength more than that - are the levels added together). I think Onslaught could take him down and definitely Tyrant and Thanos. Juggernaut is always an uphill struggle as well so he might cause some trouble - Superman hits him, he goes flying but then he gets up and says, "No-one can beat the incredibly obnoxious Juggernaut". Eventually the force field shuts down and Supes moves onto next person but its probably tiring. Onslaught is underrated - it took many more heroes than Doctor Strange to kill him and it took a year of general blasting and punching.

Good question.

Think of it this way.
Normal Superman can move around a third of the Moon's mass (meaning he can move 24.7 Quintillion tons i.e 24,700,000,000,000,000,000 tons). That is definitely much more than 3,000 tons.
Now, take All-Star Superman.
He spent a brief amount of time in the sun,and thus his abilities and capabilities (ranging from physical to mental to powers) went off the roof.
In the first comic he was holding up a 200 quintillion ton force....with just one hand ....and not even showing exertion.
Hence he was doing with one hand something that he was not able to do while straining (the Moon's mass is 74 quintillion tons, and it needed Superman, Martian Manhunter and WonderWoman together to move it .......All Star Superman, after a brief time in the sun, was holding up 200 quintillion tons with one hand and not showing effort).
Mull on that a bit.
Then compare it with your 3,000 ton comment.
Thus it shows that a brief sun-dip would be sufficient to make Superman get stronger (and not just mere physical strength, but everything) .....he even developed new powers, as well as immunity to kryptonite, plus an intellect that was last seen during the Pre-Crisis days.

Now imagine what a year long stay at the Sun would do.

Now, add to this the power cosmic and all that it entails (for example matter manipulation).

And then add to that the abilities of a Sorcerer Supreme ....and not just any sorcerer Supreme but one who is far beyond human and can weave spells far faster than Dr. Strange ever could.

That combination is hard to beat.
Honestly speaking the only Superman that would be above him would probably have to be Superman Prime (who spent a millenium in the Sun, compared to one year for this one).
All other Supermen (including Superman 1million and Pre-Crisis Superman) would arguably be below this Superman creation of 'zachrivard,' and the only Superman that would be assured of being able to defeat him would be Superman Prime (again, if a brief dip in the sun could do what it did to All Star Superman, imagine what a millenia long slumber would .....especially when you consider that even BEFORE Prime went into the sun he was said to already be beyond all power known before).

zachrivard's Superman would be tough to beat if he was using all his powers at once (enhanced Superman abilities, coupled with augmented super-sorcery and all that comes with it ....eg the crimson bands of Cyttorak and access to the Vishanti, with the power cosmic affixed to this).
Hard to beat.

Pepito
So Superman has near unlimited solar absoprtion which is added onto his power cosmic. Was the moving the moon thing a plot device feat becuase im sure all the JL are generally around the 100 tonnes level

The Ion
Superman has plenty of feats beyond 100 tons. Seriously, the term "Class 100" is an insult and total misrepresentation of the superhero top tier.

Ex11B
Yep,go ahead and let Galactus die.Then Abraxas comes and destroys Superman

Superherovandal
dude Abraxas isn't in the Gauntlet.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Pepito
So Superman has near unlimited solar absoprtion which is added onto his power cosmic. Was the moving the moon thing a plot device feat becuase im sure all the JL are generally around the 100 tonnes level

The whole '100 ton scale rating' thing is a Marvel scale.

Superman and co. are DC (obviously you know that).

For some reason there is a tendency by some to rank DC characters using Marvel ratings .....which is probably why another poster thought that Marvel's QuickSilver could hang with DC's Flash.
Not even comparable.
Same explanation must be applicable to the (same) poster, when he said that Colossus was STRONGER than Superman.
Goodness, Colossus is not even NEAR Superman's strength (and feat) levels.
Not even close ....it is akin to comparing the lifting ability of a Goliath beetle with that of a Saturn rocket!

Using Marvel scale ratings for DC characters (especially the top-tier) leads to many problems. To be honest with you even Aquaman has done feats (like the whole lifting a city block thing) that in Marvel would be considered quite high, yet in the JLA Aquaman's strength pales in comparison to MM's,WW's and Supes.

There are very few Marvel characters that could transition effortlessly to the DC powerhouse league ....for example the Hulk could (although he would still be too one-dimensional), and the Silver Surfer definitely would fit in (actually SS could easily join the JLA).
Just remember that most of the top-tier DC guys cannot be ranked in a 100 ton scale.
Even a 100+ scale (because the 'plus' aspect of it is simply too great).

zachrivard
yeah in the other superman runs the gauntlet thread some one siad collosus could beat superman or something like that

Femi32
Why would Abraxas be a problem for Sundipped Kryptonian Supreme?. Didn't Dr. Strange stalemate Adam Warlock with the Infinite Gauntlet for a while?

hoorayforpeepee
superman moving 1/3 of the moon isn't really a good test of strength. he was flying; the force of his actual strength is a small part of the force generated, the rest being the thrust from his flight.

and that's true for WW and MM too.

that being said, "what if" superman clears the gauntlet. when superman was given the power cosmic in that classic crossover, he was MORE powerful than tyrant (the comic states that "the kryptonian" is second only to galactus on the corporeal power scale.

then add on to that a sundipping.

then imagine doctor strange with super speed/strength/intellect and his own inherent durability ADDED onto strange's famous shields.

this being would only lose to the likes of TOP level abstracts, and even then the what if superman has a good shot.

Marcus4600
I find it funny that people like Ghost Rider, Professor X, and Kuan-Yin Xorn aren't in this gauntlet. Also, Colossus could beat Superman if he tricked Supes into flying outside the ozone. Colossus in metallic form doesn't need air, Superman does.

Juntai
Provided that Galactus won't just take the power cosmic back from him, that Superman could feasibly defeat Galactus, and likely not strain too much at it.

The Ion
I find it funny that people like Ghost Rider, Professor X, and Kuan-Yin Xorn aren't in this gauntlet. Also, Colossus could beat Superman if he tricked Supes into flying outside the ozone. Colossus in metallic form doesn't need air, Superman does.
That would work if you discount the hundreds of times Superman has fought in space.

Femi32

Colossus cannot beat Superman at all. Besides, Superman flies in space all the time. Superman beats Colossus 10/10.

golem370
Vishanti stop him cold end of story.

The Ion
So what number would that be on the gauntlet?

Originally posted by zachrivard

this superman runs my gaunlet

1 toad

2 blob

3 magneto

4 Juggernaut

5 onslaught

6 Thanos

7 Tyrant

8 Galacticus

how far does my superman get???

Marcus4600
Originally posted by The Ion
That would work if you discount the hundreds of times Superman has fought in space.

Wha, huh? Lemme guess, DC has a lot of continuity conundrums. I've seen versions where he can't live without oxygen, and those where he can. Ugh. I hate it when that happens.

slade10
If he beats onslaught (which he probably will not), he loses to thanos.

Adding up zeros still sums to zero. Superman's base powers and the herald powers are zeros. Strange's powers are arguably higher, but looking over the respect thread, it seems to me all of the doc's best feats are from decades ago. More recently, he's been 1-shotted by wm thor and a weak thanos clone (that warlock defeated).

Darth_Erebus
When will the DC fanboys learn that no version of Superman could ever take Galactus, or Tyrant for that matter? Galactus is simply on a different level. "Sun Dipped" Superman could have the heralds version of the power cosmic, be as powerful as Strange's mentor in the mystic arts, sit in the sun for a million years and it wouldn't make any difference......Galactus would simply vaporize him the way I step on a cockroach.

Ex11B
Originally posted by Superherovandal
dude Abraxas isn't in the Gauntlet.

Well,if Superman does kill Galactus(hahahahaha).Then he will appear .I didnt say Abraxas was in the gauntlet

Wally West
Couldn't Galactus just take away his power cosmic and all the radiation he's absorbed from the sun, leaving him with just the magic powers.

zachrivard
couldnt he protect himself from that with his magic pwoers??

MuffinmanMike
couldnt he protect himself from that with his magic pwoers??

Against Galactus? Not forever.

Plus I dunno if magic would really allow StrangeSupes to negate Galactus from taking BACK his own power.

Marcus4600
It wouldn't. In the Fantastic Four animated series, here's the quote:
"Insolant worm! The Power Cosmic is mine to bestow, and mine to reclaim."
Basically, Galactus would eat StrangeSupes. He'd have him with a side order of Green Lantern and a Martian Manhunter for desert. (sarcasm)

Rewmac
I haven't read all replies just the first page I'm tired...
I don't think Thanos is much of a problem to him without HOTU or Inf gaunlet. The only problem would be Galactus but I think after long and hard fight I don't know what would happen. But Superman isn't that strong that some people want him to be. So I don't know guess full powered Galactus maybe would be a hard fight even enough ti win. Maybeeee....

Rewmac
I thought about it....Galactus would win.

zachrivard
i think galacticus would lose, but not by knockout, superman would trick him into leaveing or somthing like that

Marcus4600
Wow. Somebody close this thread, because it's just getting dumber and dumber, and some fanboys just won't stop.

Pepito
Originally posted by spetznaz
The whole '100 ton scale rating' thing is a Marvel scale.

Superman and co. are DC (obviously you know that).

For some reason there is a tendency by some to rank DC characters using Marvel ratings .....which is probably why another poster thought that Marvel's QuickSilver could hang with DC's Flash.
Not even comparable.
Same explanation must be applicable to the (same) poster, when he said that Colossus was STRONGER than Superman.
Goodness, Colossus is not even NEAR Superman's strength (and feat) levels.
Not even close ....it is akin to comparing the lifting ability of a Goliath beetle with that of a Saturn rocket!

Using Marvel scale ratings for DC characters (especially the top-tier) leads to many problems. To be honest with you even Aquaman has done feats (like the whole lifting a city block thing) that in Marvel would be considered quite high, yet in the JLA Aquaman's strength pales in comparison to MM's,WW's and Supes.

There are very few Marvel characters that could transition effortlessly to the DC powerhouse league ....for example the Hulk could (although he would still be too one-dimensional), and the Silver Surfer definitely would fit in (actually SS could easily join the JLA).
Just remember that most of the top-tier DC guys cannot be ranked in a 100 ton scale.
Even a 100+ scale (because the 'plus' aspect of it is simply too great).

Then no non-cosmic marvel character (and no dc character without super strength) should ever beat any of the dc characters with superstrength becuase enrgy manipulation and other common powers are still around marvel levels in dc universe but for some reason strength is wayabove.

hoorayforpeepee
this is sun-dipped superman (a being that has a great case for low-level skyfather) + doctor strange (a being that also has a great case for low-level skyfather, but with his abilities enhanced by super speed and super intellect) + the kryptonian (who was said to be second only to galactus in the physical universe).

how in the WORLD is this guy going to lose to an average-showing galactus?

zachrivard
superman wins

Marcus4600
No he doesn't. Galactus is INFINATELY MORE POWERFUL THAN ANYTHING UP TO THIS POINT! He would strip the power cosmic, and bat him away like he's a plaything. Do any of you have any idea how powerful Galactus is? He's immesurable. Even when he's weakened, he can fight off most of Marvel Earth's heroes, and this What If Supes couldn't pull that off. All Galactus would do is strap his converter to Superman's head, and eat him. End of story.

Darth_Erebus
No he doesn't. Galactus is INFINATELY MORE POWERFUL THAN ANYTHING UP TO THIS POINT! He would strip the power cosmic, and bat him away like he's a plaything. Do any of you have any idea how powerful Galactus is? He's immesurable. Even when he's weakened, he can fight off most of Marvel Earth's heroes, and this What If Supes couldn't pull that off. All Galactus would do is strap his converter to Superman's head, and eat him. End of story. [/QUOTE

You're wasting your breath. The Superman fanboys just can't accept that Superman is more on par with the Heralds, than an uber being like Galactus. Even the enhancements of this thread and Superman might still be only 1% of Galactus.

Marcus4600
I know. It sucks that the fanboys just don't give up. These are the guys that say Superman can take God and a Kryptonite meteor at the same time. Yeesh.

zachrivard
I know. It sucks that the fanboys just don't give up. These are the guys that say Superman can take God and a Kryptonite meteor at the same time. Yeesh.
i resent that, i am just making fun of the sundipped superman vs thanos thread

Marcus4600
You can resent it all day. It doesn't make it untrue.

hoorayforpeepee
man you can hate on superman all you want, but the addition of the power cosmic (which has previously made superman into a >tyrant level being) and the enhanced abilities of doctor strange (artifacts included, i presume), not even considering that a sundip puts supes well above herald.

come on guys.

Marcus4600
Uh, have you not been reading this thread? Galactus can strip him of the power cosmic. He can't win.

hoorayforpeepee
i'm assuming the thread creator intended to inform us that galactus was barred from that tactic in this fight. otherwise, this what if superman would be weakest when fighting his strongest enemy.

even still, sundipped supes with enhanced doctor strange powers would be a good fight for a hungry galactus.

Marcus4600
For a hungry one, maybe. It wasn't specified if he was hungry or not, but either way, there isn't a way for Superman to beat him, sorcerer ability or no. The only way he could come close is after Galactus was poisoned by Antos.

zachrivard
yes i stated galacticus was hunrgy, " Galacticus comes to earth to eat it"
and galacticus cant take back the power cosmic

Cosmic Cube
yes i stated galacticus was hunrgy, " Galacticus comes to earth to eat it"
and galacticus cant take back the power cosmic

He can't? Why not?

Not that it would matter. This superman is bad-ass, but he won't make it past Tyrant.

For the record, Dr. Strange isn't powerful because he's the sorcerer supreme. He's the sorcerer supreme because he's powerful. It's just a title. Give Superman the power of the Vishanti, and then you're in business.

Darth_Erebus
Who is "Galacticus"? Is this some Roman verson of Galactus?

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Who is "Galacticus"? Is this some Roman verson of Galactus?

All hail Galacticus , eater of gaul , emperor of rome ....

But back to the main point, i'm not a fanboy but i think it could be feasible

WAIT ...before you label me a supes fanboy just listen to my theory.

Thanos did the one thing no marvelite has ever done , physically struck galactus ( to be more exact he knocked the guy straight out of his damn spaceship) , now if thats possible for thanos couldn't it be possible for What if supes to do it .

Also astral projection has hurt galactus before , although would more then likely be no-no considering it would leave his body sitting their unprotected....

MattDay
If a DC/Marvel writer stumbles across this thread we could possibly see the next dc/marvel crossover fight smile

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by grey fox

Thanos did the one thing no marvelite has ever done , physically struck galactus ( to be more exact he knocked the guy straight out of his damn spaceship) , now if thats possible for thanos couldn't it be possible for What if supes to do it .

And Galactus imediately recovered to hand Thanos his ass. It would be the same result with superman.

zachrivard
Originally posted by MattDay
If a DC/Marvel writer stumbles across this thread we could possibly see the next dc/marvel crossover fight smile

yes then i would sue them for a million dollars!!!!! cool

zachrivard
bump

MattDay
haha well i s'pose a million is not much to them, but would be delightful for the average joe, and i think Supes would do his thor buster punch, adding all his new powers to it, making it a galactus buster punch, knocking the galaxy on its arse in the process! lol

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Spawnrules
6. or 7. y0u f00l! sUp3Rm@n PwN5 3v3ry0n3. h3 f1n15h3s Th3 g@UNtl3t w1Th 3@53!

Pepito
Can't Galactus fire bolts of energy as fast as Superman can cast spells. His mind is adjusted to light speed

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
superman moving 1/3 of the moon isn't really a good test of strength. he was flying; the force of his actual strength is a small part of the force generated, the rest being the thrust from his flight.

and that's true for WW and MM too.

that being said, "what if" superman clears the gauntlet. when superman was given the power cosmic in that classic crossover, he was MORE powerful than tyrant (the comic states that "the kryptonian" is second only to galactus on the corporeal power scale.

then add on to that a sundipping.

then imagine doctor strange with super speed/strength/intellect and his own inherent durability ADDED onto strange's famous shields.

this being would only lose to the likes of TOP level abstracts, and even then the what if superman has a good shot.

No because his musculature would fold, he would be between a rock and a hard place if he was not that strong.

zachrivard
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
No because his musculature would fold, he would be between a rock and a hard place if he was not that strong.
huh??

zachrivard
superman wins!

Marcus4600
SUPERMAN, IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR INCARNATION COULD DEFEAT GALACTUS AT ANY TIME OR PLACE! GET OVER IT!

Okay, now this is for all you Supes fanboys that just won't let it go. Superman is a very powerful hero that has had some great feats, and he's a legendary hero. (yes, I'm giving respect to a hero that I despise) However, you need to acknowledge the fact that Superman is not all powerful, and there are beings out there that just own him, like Gog, Doomsday, and obviously Galactus. Am I trying to say that Superman is a bad hero? No. Am I downing you for your love for your favorite superhero? Not in this thread, at least. However, you guys just need to drop it, and post Superman fights that would be interesting, like Superman vs Hyperion from Supreme Power, or Silver Surfer. Superman vs Galactus ends up with Supes like these smilies:
hang giljotiini spam_laser
or this: stretcher death bangin

Don't bring this thread up again! Superman is gonna get b*tch slapped you stupid fanboy!

zachrivard
SUPERMAN, IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR INCARNATION COULD DEFEAT GALACTUS AT ANY TIME OR PLACE! GET OVER IT!

Okay, now this is for all you Supes fanboys that just won't let it go. Superman is a very powerful hero that has had some great feats, and he's a legendary hero. (yes, I'm giving respect to a hero that I despise) However, you need to acknowledge the fact that Superman is not all powerful, and there are beings out there that just own him, like Gog, Doomsday, and obviously Galactus. Am I trying to say that Superman is a bad hero? No. Am I downing you for your love for your favorite superhero? Not in this thread, at least. However, you guys just need to drop it, and post Superman fights that would be interesting, like Superman vs Hyperion from Supreme Power, or Silver Surfer. Superman vs Galactus ends up with Supes like these smilies:
hang giljotiini spam_laser
or this: stretcher death bangin

Don't bring this thread up again! Superman is gonna get b*tch slapped you stupid fanboy!

y u got to be hating, sun dipped superman w/ power cosmic and stranges powers would beat galactus or at leat stop him from eating the world

Darth_Erebus
y u got to be hating, sun dipped superman w/ power cosmic and stranges powers would beat galactus or at leat stop him from eating the world

Fanboy you are being totally unrealistic here. Why don't you just say Superman ccan beat God?

Femi32
Dr. Strange has already defeated Death and Galactus and he has resisted the effects of the IG. The Kryptonian with the power cosmic was said to be 2nd only to Galactus. I don't know if he can defeat a full powered Galactus, but based on Dr. Strange's showings and the Kryptonian, he could beat a normal powered Galactus.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Femi32
Dr. Strange has already defeated Death and Galactus and he has resisted the effects of the IG. The Kryptonian with the power cosmic was said to be 2nd only to Galactus. I don't know if he can defeat a full powered Galactus, but based on Dr. Strange's showings and the Kryptonian, he could beat a normal powered Galactus.

Agreed.

Sorcerer Supreme Magic - Which has defeated Galactus on it's own.

Power Cosmic - A PIS machine in it's own right. If Galactus couldn't take it back from tyrant, I doubt he could take it back from such a powerful Superman. Combined with magic...even worse.

Current Superman - Sundipping (PIS MACHINE) Torquasm VO (PIS ULTIMATE - If the penance stare and Strange's magic have hurt Galan...imagine what this could do with Supes at this kind of level and experience.) Add this with the first two and it's just disgusting.

It's far too much for just about any character to handle that isn't an incredibly high level abstract.

Marcus4600
^ 2 problems there. Galactus can take the power cosmic back, and Dr. Strange stalemated a hungry Galactus. So, The fight would be as such: Galactus steals the power cosmic, then smacks Superman into next month.

Superherovandal
the author of the thread said that galactus can't take the pc back in this thread or it would be kinda useless. seriously its not fanboyism theres is a chance not the best chance but a chance considering Dr. Strange beat Galactus. and this would be a faster stronger more powerful Dr. Strange w/ PC abilities..

Marcus4600
^ No, he didn't. Check the start of the thread.

Femi32
He said it on page 2 or 3, I think.

Marcus4600
To be honest, that's kinda bogus. I mean, you can't start a thread like this and then alter the rules later on. That would be like starting a Aunt May vs Galactus, then two pages later saying that she gained Dormammu's powers. That's just desperation.

Superherovandal
well what's the point of a power if ur opponent can take it back any second. its not much of a fight then.

zachrivard
To be honest, that's kinda bogus. I mean, you can't start a thread like this and then alter the rules later on. That would be like starting a Aunt May vs Galactus, then two pages later saying that she gained Dormammu's powers. That's just desperation.
dude what is your problem?? i try to make decent unique threads and u just gotta be hating on me, whats the deal?

Marcus4600
My only problem is that limiting one oponent to a certain use of his abilities. It would be like if you took your Wolverine vs Slade thread, and then out of nowhere said that Wolverine can't use his claws. It's just killing it. Also, with the abilities of Dr. Strange, he doesn't need the Power Cosmic anyway, so it's still a good fight.

BobbyD
"What if" Clark would run the table....quite easily, in fact. erm

Darth Kal-El
This version of Superman can defeat Spectre....

Darth Kal-El
you're basically having Silver Surfer, Superman, and Dr. Strange merged into one person fighting all these guys.

zachrivard
My only problem is that limiting one oponent to a certain use of his abilities. It would be like if you took your Wolverine vs Slade thread, and then out of nowhere said that Wolverine can't use his claws. It's just killing it. Also, with the abilities of Dr. Strange, he doesn't need the Power Cosmic anyway, so it's still a good fight.
alright but i think it'd be pointless if galactus could just take his powers back, i just like to make interesting threads, i'm sorry if i come off as a fanboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.