Thor vs. Ronan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thor

vs.

Ronan

JOE NUNEZ
thor he outclasses ronin in every way right down to the hammer.....

guy222
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor

vs.

Ronan

Thor wins

Estacado
Thor he is on another level.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Faceman
thor he outclasses ronin in every way right down to the hammer.....

Not true. The Universal Weapon is right on par with Mjolnir. And while Thor might be stronger, i would venture to say Ronan is more durable and smarter than Thor. I say this is a split/stalemate.

llagrok
Originally posted by nimbus006
Not true. The Universal Weapon is right on par with Mjolnir. And while Thor might be stronger, i would venture to say Ronan is more durable and smarter than Thor. I say this is a split/stalemate.

I don't think that Ronan is more durable than Thor. He was knocked out during his fight with Gamora after all. Thor has many more high end durability feats than Ronan has.

In the hands of Ronan, the universal weapon seems to be a bit more versatile than Mjolnir, seeing as Thor rarely uses it to anywhere near it's full potential.

With that being said I still think that Thor would take at least 8 out of 10 here. Even though Ronan is especially good against brawlers, Thor has been doing it for many centuries. He can conjure up a lot more power than Ronan can.

Priest
How is the UW on par with the Mjolnir?
Mjolnir is way more versitile than UW, it pretty much replicated almost every power i can think of, from transmution of elements to soul sucking imo..
I highly doubt Ronan is more durable than thor, i cant picture Ronan fighting in the core of the sun..
Ronan may be smarter, but in a fight, Thor probably has the advantage in battle whits and, he's been a warrior for 1000's of years.
Thor also has a MAJOR advantage in strength, Ronan probably woulden't want to slug it out with Thor like he did with Ravenous.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Priest
How is the UW on par with the Mjolnir?
Mjolnir is way more versitile than UW, it pretty much replicated almost every power i can think of, from transmution of elements to soul sucking imo..

I highly doubt Ronan is more durable than thor, i cant picture Ronan fighting in the core of the sun..

Ronan may be smarter, but in a fight, Thor probably has the advantage in battle whits and, he's been a warrior for 1000's of years.

Thor also has a MAJOR advantage in strength, Ronan probably woulden't want to slug it out with Thor like he did with Ravenous.

Universal Weapon can transmute elements, teleport/BFR, Freeze people in a stasis, fire cosmic blasts, etc... the list goes on. Yes i would say its on par with Mjolnir.

I disagree, Ive seen Thor do some pretty dumb stuff in a fight. Ronan is a ridiculous battle strategist.

I agree with your last statement. he is stronger.

Ok maybe hes not more durable... shifty

But Thor has had alot more on panel time to show off his feats dam it

Priest
Universal Weapon can transmute elements, teleport/BFR, Freeze people in a stasis, fire cosmic blasts, etc... the list goes on. Yes i would say its on par with Mjolnir.
it may be able to to all that, but i dont think still its on the same level as the Mjolnir...
Lets take the firing of Cosmic blasts, can the UW pack enough punch like a god blast?.. Im not undermining any of UW ablities but, I think the Mjolnir is on another level of power even if they have a similar niche.

I disagree, Ive seen Thor do some pretty dumb stuff in a fight. Ronan is a ridiculous battle strategist.
True, But Thor has faced tougher much more powerful opponents that Ronan. The fact of the matter is Ronan does not have a track record like Thor does.

I agree with your last statement. he is stronger.
thumb upmuch stronger stick out tongue

nimbus006
I still think if he can beat Black bolt, Genis-vell, the F4, Ravenous and hang with Silver Surfer, then he can definately throw down with Thor and at least stalemate.

By the way they're are scans of him taking on Thor and two or three others in his respect thread. I know thats not the real Thor, but still gives you an idea.

strengthkills
I still think if he can beat Black bolt, Genis-vell, the F4, Ravenous and hang with Silver Surfer, then he can definately throw down with Thor and at least stalemate.

By the way they're are scans of him taking on Thor and two or three others in his respect thread. I know thats not the real Thor, but still gives you an idea. He turned BB's power against him,thats smart but doesnt prove his power(ronans).I can talk to BB for hours if I put him in a soundproof room.

nimbus006

True, But Thor has faced tougher much more powerful opponents that Ronan. The fact of the matter is Ronan does not have a track record like Thor does.

He doesnt have the track record b/c hes never had his own book sad

Dam goldie locks is so freakin popular, even when hes dead they have to make a clone of him. stick out tongue

p.s: I like him too

Priest
He doesnt have the track record b/c hes never had his own book sad

Dam goldie locks is so freakin popular, even when hes dead they have to make a clone of him. stick out tongue

p.s: I like him too
I actually, wanted a mini or something with ronin, he's a cool character, and badass evil face
U know if he's gonna in any of the Annihilation Conquest books?

nimbus006
Originally posted by strengthkills
He turned BB's power against him,thats smart but doesnt prove his power(ronans).I can talk to BB for hours if I put him in a soundproof room.

How does that not prove his power... how many people can contain BB in a stasis, how many characters can even create a containment field like that. Very few... thats a very powerful feat in my opinion

nimbus006
I actually, wanted a mini or something with ronin, he's a cool character, and badass evil face
U know if he's gonna in any of the Annihilation Conquest books?

I had heard something about that a couple months ago, nothing since.

Ill check it out now at Marvel.com

He is badass tho, hes kind of an anti-hero, its what i love about him. Dark but at the same time does good.

quanchi112
thor wins this. and while it might be a good fight. thor wins it all the time.

strengthkills
How does that not prove his power... how many people can contain BB in a stasis, how many characters can even create a containment field like that. Very few... thats a very powerful feat in my opinion Not many,but how would he have fared without it,in a normal fight?

nimbus006
Not many,but how would he have fared without it,in a normal fight?

Probably just fine... but thats one of his powers, its like saying how would Magneto fare without his shields. confused

strengthkills
Probably just fine... but thats one of his powers, its like saying how would Magneto fare without his shields. confused I havent seen him use it in H2H regularly.

nimbus006
Its actually one of his armors powers i believe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/13834_danvers5.jpg

Here he uses it again against Ms. Marvel

He can actually freeze ppl in a stasis.

strengthkills
Its actually one of his armors powers i believe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/13834_danvers5.jpg

Here he uses it again against Ms. Marvel

He can actually freeze ppl in a stasis. Meh,I see now,I dont think thats a durability feat cause his body didnt take it,but I see where you are coming from

nimbus006
Meh,I see now,I dont think thats a durability feat cause his body didnt take it,but I see where you are coming from

No Im not sayin its a durability feat, just simply a display of power.

Cuz u had said i dont see him using the stasis thing regularly in combat, so i was just showing you that he has used it before.

And remember Ronan doesnt have that many showings, cuz he doesnt get written that much.

starlock
Thor for the win

i see a good fight with Thor winning the majority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.