The Dark Knight Returns VS Watchmen!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knightfall93
I just read watchmen so which wins your vote? Frank Miller's reinvention of batman or Alan Moore's legendary graphic landmark? Over to you... I would have done v for Vendetta vs watchmen but I havent read V

who?-kid
Please don't do this. Two of my all time favorite stories... that's like choosing between your own two children.

Alright then, hrm, erm, wait... I vote... just a second... still thinking... I'm getting there... well erm...

Mider
what does this batman have that he could possibly take on watchmen?

Knightfall93
If you say that, wghy didnt you vote WEatchen?

Scoobless
I haven't read Watchmen... what's it about?

who?-kid
Originally posted by Scoobless
I haven't read Watchmen... what's it about?
Oh man... you haven't read Watchmen ? Possibly the greatest comic/graphic novel ever ?

It's about a bunch of "retired" superheroes that come together one more time to solve the murder of an ex colleague superhero (not the best summary ever, but it'll do).

It's dark, epic, depressing and has brilliant characters - typical Alan Moore stuff. I am huge fan of course lol.

Mider
like i said what could this version of batman possibly do to the watchmen?

Knightfall93
Exactly, I hate DKR! The greatest "new" hero? RORSCHACH! The charcters rock... but I'm not so keen on Jon!

who?-kid
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Exactly, I hate DKR! The greatest "new" hero? RORSCHACH! The charcters rock... but I'm not so keen on Jon!
I agree, Rorschach is one of the coolest, but Jon is okay also.

Did you know that this particular picture on his mask represents an image we see in the actual comic, near the end, on a wall if I'm not mistaken ?

Etrigan
I say Watchmen.

Although if the question had been V for Vendetta vs Watchmen, I'd have voted for V. I found Watchmen kind of boring towards the end.

Even so, it was better than DKR. And DKR was just as classic.

If we are talking character-wise fight, then it's slightly obvious.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Etrigan
If we are talking character-wise fight, then it's slightly obvious.
Yeah, Jon alone can take half of the JLA.

Mider
who's jon?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mider
who's jon?

God.

Dr. Manhatten, aka Jon Osterman, is one of the characters in Watchman. He is caught in a experiment and granted an assortment of powers such as matter and energy manipulation. Toward the end of Watchmen it is revealed just how powerful Jon has become and it is suggested that Jon has become a god (I've read on theory that Jon is actually the God in the DC universe).

Incidently, I think that Allen Moore wanted to Captain Atom for that character but couldn't because of a dispute over the rights for that character.

For more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Manhattan

Mider
dont get upset at me seesh i know who dr manhatten is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.