Superman vs Members fo the X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spideycarnage
Ok lets put Superman against:

Xavier
Magneto
Cyclops
Rouge
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Iceman
Cable(not godlike)
The team gets 3 days prep..Superman chills on the urface of the sun for a hour. who wins?

The Ion
It comes down to Magneto and Iceman. Rest of them aren't doing anything.

TheKahn
This is a joke, right? confused

spideycarnage
wat u dont think the team can't do it?..cycl is probally the best stratagest marvel has he's up there with captain america not to mention they got cable, also magneto him self would give superman trouble. rouge can hurt superman with a touch.Ice man speaks for himself. And they got Xavier, with prep time.

TheKahn
A sun-dipped Superman could just push the earth into the sun. Aside from that I think they would have a hard time against Superman given his speed advantage.

The Ion
I'd like to see Rogue try and touch Superman. It'd be Infinite Crisis #4 all over again.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by The Ion
I'd like to see Rogue try and touch Superman. It'd be Infinite Crisis #4 all over again.

wat happned???

Femi32
Superboy accidently knocked someone's head off. That's what happened.

Thorin
superman would toss the old man from his wheel-chair, magneto would give a fair fight, cyclops would hit him with his blast and not hurt him, rouge could possibly hit superman, but thats about it, when supes hits back he might kil her,night crawler would disapear when he see's rouge go down, colossus, would get owned, ice man could try and freeze him but not to much effect since supes has heat vision, and cable would be next after mags, to put up a good fight. but would eventually get owned.

The Ion
Originally posted by spideycarnage
wat happned???
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=191ac.jpg

Thorin
who was that that got their head popped off.

Superherovandal
Pantha.

Thorin
sucks to be her.

supremthor
Originally posted by Thorin
sucks to be her.

superman could just do thiis and kill everybody... gameover

slade10
Originally posted by supremthor
superman could just do thiis and kill everybody... gameover

You realize, in that pic, that:

1. Superman has absorbed solar energy from cannibal planet; and

2. He's only raising the planet's temperature a few degrees.

Superman wins this fight pretty handily. But not because of that pic.

The Ion
Originally posted by slade10

Well he is 200,000 miles away. I doubt Earth would look too nice if he did that inside the atmosphere.

snoopdogg
If Superman was written to fight to win actually using his powers to their maximum he can win this and probably easily.

NoFate007
Rogue, Colossus, Cable, and Cyclops are basically useless here.

Nightcrawler could try the whole "teleport something into his head" thing, not positive if it would work though, but its worth a shot. Xavier's got a good shot at taking Superman down if he's fast enough with his telepathy. If he is able to subdue Superman that way, then Magneto and Iceman can go to work, and technically speaking, if Iceman freezes Superman, and Nightcrawler teleports him off the battlegrounds, the X-Men win. Those last 4 are the real people in this fight. The question above all though, is whether or not Xavier has enough time with the deaths of the others at first in order to start the whole telepathy stuff.

I'd say, written well, X-Men win this.

inamilist
at the very least doesn't iceman stalemate him since he can exist without a physical form?

Blair Wind
Iceman by himself is a threat to Superman, and if your superman bias go read the entire Iceman vs Superman debate one of the best threads this place has had in awhile. With Cable and Magento helping these team should win.....though Superman will take some wins...

slade10
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iceman by himself is a threat to Superman, and if your superman bias go read the entire Iceman vs Superman debate one of the best threads this place has had in awhile. With Cable and Magento helping these team should win.....though Superman will take some wins...

How is iceman a threat? Can you point to a feat that suggests anywhere near the power level required to harm superman?

Magneto and cable are the threats, imo. If cable can mind control him, then fight is obviously over. I doubt that will happen, however, especially if sm blitzes him.

Mag can win if he turns off sm's bioelectric aura. Not clear he could do so, however. If he can't, he goes down as easily as the rest.

Femi32
You realize, in that pic, that:

1. Superman has absorbed solar energy from cannibal planet; and

Superman wins this fight pretty handily. But not because of that pic.

Actually, the thread starter said Superman has been on the surface of the sun for 1 hour. That scan is valid for this fight.

slade10
Originally posted by Femi32
Actually, the thread starter said Superman has been on the surface of the sun for 1 hour. That scan is valid for this fight.

If you think absorbing the energy from cannibal planet, which had been sucking the sun for who knows how long (but long enough for it to turn almost black), is equivalent to sitting on the sun for an hour.

Blair Wind
How is iceman a threat? Can you point to a feat that suggests anywhere near the power level required to harm superman?

Magneto and cable are the threats, imo. If cable can mind control him, then fight is obviously over. I doubt that will happen, however, especially if sm blitzes him.

Mag can win if he turns off sm's bioelectric aura. Not clear he could do so, however. If he can't, he goes down as easily as the rest.

basically his run in Xmen forever, by freezing the stranger (whos one bad mofo) his heat beams and a celestial ship (everything that the ship IS, not just the ship itself
He can exist as water vapor, Superman would not be able to see him since how can you tell the difference between water vapor....and water vapor??? He can rip any liquid from his body....so many options, go to the link on my sig, you'll see what Im talking about.

slade10
basically his run in Xmen forever, by freezing the stranger (whos one bad mofo) his heat beams and a celestial ship (everything that the ship IS, not just the ship itself
He can exist as water vapor, Superman would not be able to see him since how can you tell the difference between water vapor....and water vapor??? He can rip any liquid from his body....so many options, go to the link on my sig, you'll see what Im talking about.

Can you post scans?

Blair Wind
Can you post scans?

its all in my respect thread bro, too tired to go get them, so just press the link

slade10
its all in my respect thread bro, too tired to go get them, so just press the link

I did. And didn't find anything when I searched each page for "stranger"

That's a pretty ridiculously powerful feat. Not clear to me how in hell iceman could do it. Is he tapping an infinite power source for freezing purposes?

Blair Wind
I did. And didn't find anything when I searched each page for "stranger"

That's a pretty ridiculously powerful feat. Not clear to me how in hell iceman could do it. Is he tapping an infinite power source for freezing purposes?

go to the third page

Femi32
If you think absorbing the energy from cannibal planet, which had been sucking the sun for who knows how long (but long enough for it to turn almost black), is equivalent to sitting on the sun for an hour.

He absorbed energy from the planet? His insignia has the same pattern as the sun. The scans where he is attacking the planet are confusing.

AJ4LIFE
if bats can take on x-men then so can supes

supremthor
Icman is a powerful mut that with out a ?... but I think his powers would have ne effect on superman. the reason i say this is because superman insides are also protected.. like in a comic when superboy shrinked to micro size and went into supermans body..superboy was unable to even hurt one of supermans cells.. so bobby turning in vapor and going into supermans body is not realy gonna do anything..supermnan aura goes in and out his body thats why i think the xmen best chance in mags... also the temp thats bobby brings is nothing new to superman...

demigawd
Superman is more powerful than a buttload of X-men.

But Iceman or Magneto can do it on their own.
Xavier, when written well, could also do it alone. If Superman KO's him Xavier would actually take Shadow King-like form and just attack from the Astral Plane, where Superman is totally helpless...

AJ4LIFE
supes takes it

MattDay
If they are all written well, it would be a good, fight, but supes got such a powerful immunity to mind attacks that they'd be wasting time as he keeps killing them off one by one. Supes take it.

demigawd
There's a pretty big difference between showing resistence to mental control and being immune to just being mindblasted. Superman has shown the former....he hasn't shown the latter. And the fact that Xavier can continue fighting from the Astral Plane after losing consciousness has to be taken into consideration - how will Superman fight him then?

How will Superman beat Iceman? He also can exist without a body, and can just stop every molecule in Superman's body. Just stop it entirely.

Superman just doesn't have the arsenal necessary to defeat non-physical opponents like them.

TheKahn
Originally posted by demigawd
There's a pretty big difference between showing resistence to mental control and being immune to just being mindblasted. Superman has shown the former....he hasn't shown the latter. And the fact that Xavier can continue fighting from the Astral Plane after losing consciousness has to be taken into consideration - how will Superman fight him then?

How will Superman beat Iceman? He also can exist without a body, and can just stop every molecule in Superman's body. Just stop it entirely.

Superman just doesn't have the arsenal necessary to defeat non-physical opponents like them.

What was the deal with the fight between Superman and Dominus? Did Superman take him into DC astral plane or just into his mind? I can't tell.
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=torquasmvo4po.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo23kw.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo31hz.jpg

As far as Iceman, yeah I don't see how Superman will beat him as he doesn't have to have a "body". Its kind of like putting someone up against Classic Juggernaut; his durability makes just about every fight end up a draw.

demigawd
Originally posted by TheKahn
What was the deal with the fight between Superman and Dominus? Did Superman take him into DC astral plane or just into his mind? I can't tell.
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=torquasmvo4po.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo23kw.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo31hz.jpg

As far as Iceman, yeah I don't see how Superman will beat him as he doesn't have to have a "body". Its kind of like putting someone up against Classic Juggernaut; his durability makes just about every fight end up a draw.

Sounds like he created a "psychic arena" or somesuch in the real world. Doesn't sound like the Astral Plane, though.

Again, though, it sounds like it would be useful for fending off attempts to take over his mind, but not so much for defending against a psiblast, which has nothing to do with willpower.

TheKahn
I'm not too familiar with the whole Kryptonian Theta state deal myself. Does anyone know exactly what it is and how he can use it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.