Final Time: was sidious faking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
This has never been done to my knowledge. It was a big argument a few months ago, before we all decided we were right, and it wasn't worth talking about anymore.
Did Sidious let Mace win? You don't have to give reasons unless you want to, i think everybody knows why everyone else thinks what they do. I just want to see in numbers, which theory has the upperhand.

PVS
"Sidious faked being weak only after he tried frying Mace and it didn't work."

but it DID work. he wasnt trying to fool mace into not striking him down.
he was trying to bait anakin into defending him and attacking mace. and he succeeded.

Padmé Amidala
It is plainly obvious that he was faking it, he knew that Anakin would arrive. It was all planned for Anakin, just like the kidnapping was planned halfly for Anakin also, for his test with Dooku.

truejedi
Originally posted by PVS
"Sidious faked being weak only after he tried frying Mace and it didn't work."

but it DID work. he wasnt trying to fool mace into not striking him down.
he was trying to bait anakin into defending him and attacking mace. and he succeeded.

ok, ok, i would change the poll, but it only lets moderators do that, i just mean, from that point, was he faking, or was he faking before that?

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by truejedi
This has never been done to my knowledge. It was a big argument a few months ago, before we all decided we were right, and it wasn't worth talking about anymore.
Did Sidious let Mace win? You don't have to give reasons unless you want to, i think everybody knows why everyone else thinks what they do. I just want to see in numbers, which theory has the upperhand.

what the other 30 times this was asked wasnt enough?

PVS is right at any rate.

PVS
i think he got his ass whooped fair and square.

i think he intended to manipulate the duel and drag it out for anakin's arrival, but as we all know he's overconfident to the point of stupidity.
but luck prevailed as anakin showed up just in time. thats my take

truejedi
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
what the other 30 times this was asked wasnt enough?

PVS is right at any rate.

as far as i know, its never been polled...

PVS
im not up for quote hunting right now, but im pretty sure lucas confirmed that palps was baiting anakin to attack mace.

truejedi
Originally posted by PVS
im not up for quote hunting right now, but im pretty sure lucas confirmed that palps was baiting anakin to attack mace.

He said that sidious pretended to be weak after recieving his own lightning, in order to bait mace. He doesn't confirm whether he had still lost, or if he had faked his way there or not.

((The_Anomaly))
Well Lucas said in the DVD commentary that Palpatine faked the whole lightning part (after he lost his saber). But the saber duel, we can only speculate.

Tangible God
I don't know why, but it was because he snarled so much at Mace that I feel he faked the saber duel. Almost as if he was luring Mace into a false sense of security, by allowing him to think that "the Dark Side is twisted and evil, I mean look what it's done to this guy."

The POW! He shocked Mace with the truth.

NPC
Question, Mace seemed to know how to block lightning with his saber. We also saw Obi-wan do this against Dooku. The real question for me is was Luke faking in return of the jedi when Sidious was hitting him with lightning? For one thing if Obi-wan knew how to block lightning with his saber Luke would then have been taught that an be very away of that force power of Sidious. 2nd, considering how quickly Mace died from the lightning, Luke shoulda got fried in Jedi like 3 times over. Was luke using healing force/absorb force when he was getting hit with lightning an just trying to bait his father into being good again?

An oh ya, of course Sidious was faking the whole thing.

Mišt
...he was playing with Luke...

*zaps*
*pauses*
"..now....you must die.." or something along those lines
*zaps more*

Ushgarak
No no no, we seriously don't need another thread for this. Find an old one.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.