Lucas Recieves Technology Award

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
The Academy?

Bah!.... check this out: (from TF.Net)

Saluting "30 years of innovation in visual effects technology in the motion picture industry," President Bush presented George Lucas and Industrial Light & Magic with the National Medal of Technology.

At several points during the Monday morning ceremony, which took place in a packed East Room of the White House, Bush emphasized his administration's desire to promote math and science to kids and encourage them to go into tech fields. Numerous studies have found an alarming decline in tech savvy and interest among American students compared to kids in other countries."

Read the full article here at Variety.com!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117938108?categoryid=1238&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Captain REX
Hurrah for ILM!

KENobi™
This isn't exactly PT stuff though, it's more of Visual Effects for the entire movie industry.

sithsaber408

Stun
lol, if only Lucas mentioned Iraqlaughing out loud

big thumbs up to ILM!cool

Darth Zhin
Gerretings and Salutations to ILM!

((The_Anomaly))
'Bout time IMO

sithsaber408
Yeah, Lucas and Episode III had a good year.

Besides being number 1 in the B.O. totals, Lucas was the 33rd recipient of the AFI life achievement award (that was a cool show, by the way), the People's Choice awards for Best Drama (?) and Best Picture, and now a technology award.

I kinda take back all my b*tching about the Oscar's now that I think about it.

big grin

JaehSkywalker
hwow! salutes and yells, I love you! then walks out with a straight face

but seriously, good job ILM!

DeVi| D0do
Now this is an award well deserved...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.