Ganthet vs. Uatu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Who would win?

The blue midget head of the Gl or the toga wearing guy with Hydro-cephallus who just observes

no prep
standard rules

Mider
Uatu isnt anywere near as powerful as a gaurdian.

Sixth_Winged
Yeah right....

The Ion
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Guardians ain't that powerful either. Otherwise Parallax or Emerald Twilight wouln't have happened.
No, those events wouldn't have happened if the Guardians got off their ass. They sat there and watched Hal Jordan slaughter the Corps.

EDIT = Pwnt

Juntai
Guardians in a regular showing are VERY powerful. Sometimes however, they die to Doomsday with a GL ring. lol.

However, a guardian has supplied all laterns in all sectors with unlimited energy before while the battery could not support them. We've all seen what the power of the battery can do in a couple different people's hands.

In another showing, the old Guardians, many years ago, made Darkseid stand down on his own planet

In another showing, Kyle commented that Ganthet could crack a planet in half with an absent thought.

Mider
only reason that they got killed by doomsday is cause he had become immune to the gl energy i think

Juntai
Originally posted by Mider
only reason that they got killed by doomsday is cause he had become immune to the gl energy i think Yep, so they just willed him away
lol

Mider
did they?

Juntai
did they? Sent him to Calaton, where he met the energy being seen in Hunter/Prey.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
Guardians in a regular showing are VERY powerful. Sometimes however, they die to Doomsday with a GL ring. lol.

However, a guardian has supplied all laterns in all sectors with unlimited energy before while the battery could not support them. We've all seen what the power of the battery can do in a couple different people's hands.

In another showing, the old Guardians, many years ago, made Darkseid stand down on his own planet

In another showing, Kyle commented that Ganthet could crack a planet in half with an absent thought.

How did they made Darkseid stand down when two thirds of their troops were decimated. IIRC, that showing ended up in a truce between the two factions.

Mider
well i mean seesh there was just so many gaurdians and only one darkseid but they were still not brave enough to deny him a bargen when he demanded to keep one of the green lanterns but yeah the GL battle on apocalypse went so bad it was removed from there history cause Darkseid was prepared and slaughtered thousands of gl's

TheKahn
The Guardians are lazy bastards
The Watchers are even lazier bastards

Ganthet wins by not being as lazy as Uatu.

Sixth_Winged
Yeah. i was originally planning this thread with two of them sitting on a couch and watching TV. Then some come by and changed the channel, left and put the remote on the table. Then the first person to try to get the remote wins. laughing out loud

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by The Ion
No, those events wouldn't have happened if the Guardians got off their ass. They sat there and watched Hal Jordan slaughter the Corps.

EDIT = Pwnt

Well true, but that's trully a bad showing considering they sacrificed themselves for one damn ring.

The Ion
Actually Ganthet wields all the power of the former Guardians.

Sixth_Winged
He did, and created the ring with that power. I don't know if there is still anything to indicate he still possess all the other guardian's powers.

The Ion
Ganthet later created other rings. He can create them pretty casually and easily. Hell, any GL can create another ring.

Also, there's nothing to suggest he doesn't have their power. Kyle created the new Guardians. Ganthet watched.

Sixth_Winged
Ganthet watched.... So? is that suppose to indicate any kind of power just because he can observe?

And also, if he still retains those powers, that could mean a normal guardians power w/o any further extra-amplification wouldn't be as high. That would mean his recent high-end showings might be impossible if he didn't get that powerup.

The Ion
Ganthet watched.... So? is that suppose to indicate any kind of power just because he can observe?
No. It indicates Ganthet didn't give up any power to restore the Guardians.

Sixth_Winged
No. It indicates Ganthet didn't give up any power to restore the Guardians.

And why would he? IMO there are 3 feasable possibilities why 1) his power is not strong enough 2) he just can't 3) he doesn't really need to considering Ion's power is more than enough.

The Ion
And why would he? IMO there are 3 feasable possibilities why 1) his power is not strong enough 2) he just can't 3) he doesn't really need to considering Ion's power is more than enough.
3 is exactly why and what I've been saying. What is there to suggest Ganthet gave up the energy he absorbed from the old Guardians? Absolutely nothing.

Sixth_Winged
3 is exactly why and what I've been saying. What is there to suggest Ganthet gave up the energy he absorbed from the old Guardians? Absolutely nothing.

Well to tell the truth. I think it's one and 2. If he really has the power why didn't he create them long ago.

The Ion
Well to tell the truth. I think it's one and 2. If he really has the power why didn't he create them long ago.
Non interference. Why didn't Ganthet tell anyone about Parallax until Rebirth? Sure would have saved a lot of time.

Sixth_Winged
Non interference. Why didn't Ganthet tell anyone about Parallax until Rebirth? Sure would have saved a lot of time.

I don't think that's because of non-inteference. I think it's merely to hide the fact of it's existence otherwise someone who try to do something about it might get corrupted. They never really intended to die against hal/parallax either.

The Ion
I don't think that's because of non-inteference. I think it's merely to hide the fact of it's existence otherwise someone who try to do something about it might get corrupted. They never really intended to die against hal/parallax either.
At the time? Maybe not but practically everything has been retconned as part of their great purpose.

GODSCRIBE
bump..good fight

vpokdekjyafmidp
uatu kicks his ass, just to piss of mider

GODSCRIBE
lol.......

ganthet is supreme i mean he's beaten all sorts of characters he has beaten gog who has beaten a whole bunch of superman seriously he is above skyfather run-on sentence he is a guardian forgot the period and guardians win ill have to give it to ganthet but even it were against the one above all missing comma id still give to him anyway

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
lol.......

ganthet is supreme i mean he's beaten all sorts of characters he has beaten gog who has beaten a whole bunch of superman seriously he is above skyfather run-on sentence he is a guardian forgot the period and guardians win ill have to give it to ganthet but even it were against the one above all missing comma id still give to him anyway

Ganthet has never beaten Gog, but Ganthet does win this.

vpokdekjyafmidp
hahahaha

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Ganthet has never beaten Gog, but Ganthet does win this.

i see you missed it...vodka got it though.

Sir Whirlysplat
i see you missed it...vodka got it though.

Nothing to get, you were mocking Mider. However he is right. Guardians are more powerful than watchers, probably shifty most of the time. However on at least one occasion Watchers have acted. Occasionally Guardians do also.

Krona and the Rogue Watcher spring to mind. Ganthet has pretty awesome power levels btw.

GODSCRIBE
so he beats Uatu?

vpokdekjyafmidp
haha everyone calls me vodka. but the truth behind it is, that i hit random buttons on the keyboard. thumb up

Sir Whirlysplat
so he beats Uatu?

probably.

Mider
yeah why not one watcher owned galactus why wouldnt the strongest watcher own a being BELOW galactus whats Uatu gonna do to him?

Sixth_Winged
Because they have an oath of non-interference and as such no fighting.

There's only a few times they've actually shown to battle much like the guardians.

Juntai
yeah why not one watcher owned galactus why wouldnt the strongest watcher own a being BELOW galactus whats Uatu gonna do to him? You mean Guardian, not Watcher.

leonidas
watchers seem like they should be very powerful -- near galactus levels according tp uatu LONGGGGG ago -- but they have pretty poor showings in battle. a rogue watcher struggled with quasar, (as sixth knows QUITE well . . . big grin) and aron, while powerful, didn't have that great a showing against the ff. course, the watchers were crushed by the celestials -- even the most powerful watcher was destroyed by the judgement of the celestials. i know the celestials are tough, but still . . .

given that ganthet has the powers of the other guardians, i think he'd be pretty well above any watcher.

of course, i was a little surprised to see ganthet taken over by parallax, who was then defeated by 4 gl's. still, i think ganthet has the better showings overall and should win this fight without TOO much trouble.

Sixth_Winged
Well they can erase you from existence if they want.....even their own kin included

http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f4400353nt.jpg
http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f4400360kc.jpg

i just think the two race are comparable

Juntai
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5109074

Sixth_Winged
And does cracking a planet in half with a thought (which is summarized by kyle anyway) greater than being able to erase a fellow watcher from existence with ease or fighting a battle in multiple realities at the same time?

Juntai
And does cracking a planet in half with a thought (which is summarized by kyle anyway) greater than being able to erase a fellow watcher from existence with ease or fighting a battle in multiple realities at the same time? I posted it because it's cool, not because it constitutes victory.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
I posted it because it's cool, not because it constitutes victory.

Ooops, sorry bout that doh. I thought you were trying to diss ol fathead, unlike someone here i know......damn him.

But honestly, i'm leaning towards no one yet. I have seen what Krona can do and Ganthet is a monster

leonidas
erasing could mean a lot of things -- he might have been able to just disintegrate him. watchers ARE powerful. uatu did once say that he was equal to galactus, before g corrected him. however, based on showings i stll say ganthet. if you were using a regular guardian and not ganthet then i might say uatu. but ganthet is no regular guardian.

the races themselves ARE very similar, though . . .

TheKahn
Originally posted by TheKahn
The Guardians are lazy bastards
The Watchers are even lazier bastards

Ganthet wins by not being as lazy as Uatu.

ninja

Mider
any gaurdian wins but ganthet especially

GODSCRIBE
any gaurdian wins

lies...

Mider
yeah everything i say is lies to you PROVE ME WRONG!

grey fox
yeah everything i say is lies to you PROVE ME WRONG!
Ok

You thought an army of gogs could crush a infinetly strong demonic entity who causes an entire race of skyfathers to tremble in their boots.

You are wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.