Doomsday vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mordum
Who wins this battle of power? Both are at full capacity.

Oh yeah im back from my one week of absence. big grin

Also i have recently been able to get all the Dc 1000000 comics so if anyone wants scans posted tell me which issue and which one.

Marcus4600
I think this would be an amazing fight, because Gladiator shows no restraint. He'd use his heat vision to roast all of Doomsday's organs, and disintegrate him as a last resort. He almost did it to the Hulk.

The Ion
Doomsday

golem370
What a surprise Ion laughing

The Ion
Don't try that game with me. Doomsday has super speed so that automatically makes him a better opponent than Hulk. Add in durability and stamina thats greater than Superman and strength thats greater or equal. For the record, Gladiator per his typical showings can't even beat Kal-El.

Stuff it. Let's see you come up with support that doesn't include posting a bio.

golem370
? Can Doomsday fly?

golem370
Speedblitz,weapons from Shi'ar,tossing him into a sun,flying him into a black Hole Speedblitz Speedblitz speedblitz. plus The Hulk can run between 300 & 700mph not to slow for a 1,800pound being compared to Doomsday weighting like 550pounds

The Ion
Nice argument. I'm impressed.

His speed and leaping ability make him a viable match for flyers and gets rid of the speedblitz option. Superman's heat vision (hotter than stars) proved ineffective so there goes Gladiator's one long range attack. His strength and durability allows him to stand toe to toe with Superman who by the way is currently busting through dimension after dimension in his fight with Kal-L.

soleran30
dude no way in hell a speedster jumping should be a match for a flying speedster I mean think about it................

Anyway its highly unlikely Gladiator would beat Doomsday without Shi'ar Tech simply because he wouldn't want to hurt any innocents........

However with Shi'ar Tech Glads should get the win............even if its BFR.

The Ion
Originally posted by soleran30
dude no way in hell a speedster jumping should be a match for a flying speedster I mean think about it................

Anyway its highly unlikely Gladiator would beat Doomsday without Shi'ar Tech simply because he wouldn't want to hurt any innocents........

However with Shi'ar Tech Glads should get the win............even if its BFR.
BFR via tech is the only way but this thread doesn't specify prep or tech.

As for the flight thing, Superman tried a blitz on DD during Hunter/Prey and all he got for his trouble was a punch in the face. Earlier when he saw Supes flying over him he shot spikes out of his knuckles and impaled him on it. DD doesn't just adopt to forms of attack but also battle situations as well. Seriously, he's the biggest plot device in comics this side of magic.

golem370
Superman's flying speed is slower then Gladiators so Speedblitz. Like I also said Gladiator has tech support from the Shi'ar so they could stop Doomsday inless you think he could survive a Nega-Bomb?

The Ion
Originally posted by golem370
Superman's flying speed is slower then Gladiators so Speedblitz. Like I also said Gladiator has tech support from the Shi'ar so they could stop Doomsday inless you think he could survive a Nega-Bomb?
As I already said tech or prep isn't specified in this thread but you can bet thats his only hope.

When's the last time Gladiator flew with significant speed? 1975?

golem370
What about this side of Fury?

golem370
Does that mean that he can't no

The Ion
Originally posted by golem370
Does that mean that he can't no
I'd say so if he hasn't done it in 30 years. By that logic, Superman is still Pre-Crisis, no?

Lucid Lui
Doomsday wins...

Marcus4600
Well, it would be a good fight, but I think Gladiator would pull out all stops, and if worse comes to worse, fly him into the sun.

soleran30
Originally posted by The Ion
I'd say so if he hasn't done it in 30 years. By that logic, Superman is still Pre-Crisis, no?

nope since Marvel didn't have a crisis to update their characters it was HoMsmile

Gladiator has pretty much always had shiar tech its even specualted he has shiar tech to lift and keep buildins together ( I know old but cmon anyone lifting that heavy an object needs some plot device against physics and them crumbling)

Gladiator survived a bomb that could have detroyed half a solar system so I sincerly doubt Doomsday is gonna take it to him hard enough to win...................not to mention Glads isn't against being smart and playing oppossum and using his enviroment to garner wins unlike Superman who kept trying to slug it out with him and not just "sun dip"

The Ion
Theres a sizeable difference between carrying tech to keep buildings together and casually carrying around a galaxy destroying nuke. Irregardless, Doomsday at his best kept dying and reviving himself at the end of time so I sincerely doubt Glads can take it to him hard enough to pull a win.

soleran30
nope he just goes for one kill and BFR no way he could beat doomsday over and over again otherwise Doomsday.................

The Ion
Originally posted by soleran30
nope he just goes for one kill and BFR no way he could beat doomsday over and over again otherwise Doomsday.................
I already agreed Glads could win via BFR. Anyone can win via BFR.

soleran30
I already agreed Glads could win via BFR. Anyone can win via BFR.

except for the people in the respect threads under your sig.................Supergirl........skirt like that more like superslu..........yeah anywaysmile

I agree h/p doomsay is ridiculoussmile Good for beating everyone's favorite brick superhero's.

golem370
Here is something cool

spideycarnage
wow glads looks freakin evil..

juggernaut66666
doomsday would own glads dd almost killed darkseid killed radiation wh is made of pure energy killed a guardian and beat up justice league and beat up an army of gogs

hotforharry99
yeah all that but it is fine if Superman beats him yeah right Gladiator wins this he's more ruthless than supes just as strong or stronger and faster

x_danny_x
Originally posted by hotforharry99
yeah all that but it is fine if Superman beats him yeah right Gladiator wins this he's more ruthless than supes just as strong or stronger and faster

my head hurts just trying to read and understand this post.

but anyway, im still trying to figure out how Superman defeated Doomsday with a 2 punch combo after Doomsday came back with intelligence. It was said that he couldnt be a brainless brute, unworried about everything and now how to fear death and all that crap and so Superman said this , started toying with Doomsday's head and beat him and said you will never ever defeat me.

juggernaut66666
what are you talking about in comics after supermans death doomsday always trashes supeman like shit the fights always end that dd is teleported away

grey fox
Bfr seems the only logical and possible way for a win...although at full power glads is supposedly able to 'rip apart stars with his bare hands'

Mider
yeah who knows maybe doomsday can too

Mindship
DD doesn't just adopt to forms of attack but also battle situations as well. Seriously, he's the biggest plot device in comics this side of magic.

ditto

kgkg
DD wins this Gladiator has nothing new to offer DD.

supremthor
Originally posted by kgkg
DD wins this Gladiator has nothing new to offer DD. eek! eek! eek! embarrasment big grin If he says it then u no its true

supremthor
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Well, it would be a good fight, but I think Gladiator would pull out all stops, and if worse comes to worse, fly him into the sun.

that would be a very VERY stupid move for glad...... it would be like glad fighting superman and someone throws superman into the sun.

Superherovandal
yup DD gets more powerful by the sun.

olympian
"Don't try that game with me. Doomsday has super speed so that automatically makes him a better opponent than Hulk. "

Oly- As it was already said, Hulk has *superspeed* too. He has tagged speedsters and catched missiles.

- - -

"Add in durability and stamina thats greater than Superman and strength thats greater or equal. For the record, Gladiator per his typical showings can't even beat Kal-El"

Oly- I cant see why not when he in average its in the same tier. Its his higher high ends that are above Superman where strenght its concerned.

grey fox
Originally posted by Superherovandal
yup DD gets more powerful by the sun.

Really ? , i understood he was made from genetic material of early kryptonians but i didn't think he would be able to sun dip....

Glimmerone
To grey fox: Yes, he can sundip. He was made from the material of prehistoric krypton creatures who were the fastest, strongest and most fierce creatures in the known universe. The baby humanoid from a world other than Krypton, which is what DD was at the beginning, was evolutionized /genetically engineered in to being enviromentally Kryptonian.

He would have the strength and attributes of a Kryptonian body but none of the weaknesses like kryptonite since he was being engineered to be greater than the Kryptonian creatures who his original DNA was merged with by Betron. He always had lots of Kryptonian DNA in him, but it was an adaptive pass any weakness, genetically engineered type Kryptonian DNA.

He was later after brought back from the end of time, given some of superman's vulnerable to kryptonite DNA( in an effort to be able to stop him when necessary) and that's why he now can breathe/shoot fire out of his mouth. He might have been able to do it anyway, given the situation, necessity and time, but having supes DNA may it a immediate ability.

Also, while affected by kryptonite when expose to it in Doomsday Rex, he didn't seem too weaken by it, he was slowed down for a moment and felt pain but he then bashed on superman, who was unconcious(Weaken by Kryptonite, then attacked by DD) and continued on his path of wreckage.

grey fox
Originally posted by Glimmerone
To grey fox: Yes, he can sundip. He was made from the material of prehistoric krypton creatures who were the fastest, strongest and most fierce creatures in the known universe. The baby humanoid from a world other than Krypton, which is what DD was at the beginning, was evolutionized /genetically engineered in to being enviromentally Kryptonian.

He would have the strength and attributes of a Kryptonian body but none of the weaknesses like kryptonite since he was being engineered to be greater than the Kryptonian creatures who his original DNA was merged with by Betron. He always had lots of Kryptonian DNA in him, but it was an adaptive pass any weakness, genetically engineered type Kryptonian DNA.

He was later after brought back from the end of time, given some of superman's vulnerable to kryptonite DNA( in an effort to be able to stop him when necessary) and that's why he now can breathe/shoot fire out of his mouth. He might have been able to do it anyway, given the situation, necessity and time, but having supes DNA may it a immediate ability.

Also, while affected by kryptonite when expose to it in Doomsday Rex, he didn't seem too weaken by it, he was slowed down for a moment and felt pain but he then bashed on superman, who was unconcious(Weaken by Kryptonite, then attacked by DD) and continued on his path of wreckage.

Ahh , i never knew about the DNA injection , nice. Does DD still have intelligence . Or is he a mindless monster again ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.