X vs Zero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue nocturne
This thread has most likely been done already but who do you think would win if they fought?

Acrosurge
If it is X and Zero from the start of the X series, then Zero takes a decisive win. His body is initially much stronger and faster than X's and he has more fighting experience.

If the fight takes place mid-way in their fighting careers (around X4), X holds a decisive power, speed, and durability advantage, however he's much more likely to hold back than Zero. This factor makes the fight more even, though I'm leaning toward X taking the win.

If the characters are close to their maximum power (Ultimate X and Maverick Zero) the fight becomes a near stalemate, with both characters being able to access limitless amounts of energy. I'd expect X to eventually win here, since his potential is truly limitless, as opposed to Zero's power, which is dependent upon an external component (an energy matrix that completes his DNA).

Blue nocturne
True but in megaman Z zero is pretty impressive he single handedly defeated omega and the dark elf!!

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
True but in megaman Z zero is pretty impressive he single handedly defeated omega and the dark elf!! But who was it that broke the power of Omega over the Resistance Base without lifting a finger? Who gave Zero access to Omega's final location? X. And all this after his body had been destroyed and his power fading.

Acrosurge
Don't misunderstand, Zero is not weak by any means or description; even in his Copy Zero body, he was still able to take down Omega powered by the Dark Elf and managed to take down Original Zero after that. Zero did this all in an inferior, copied body.

On the other hand, X contained the planet destroying power of the Dark Elf inside his body for decades, while performing various other feats. He could project his "soul" outside his physical body, appear anywhere at will, control technology, and knock reploids unconscious by willing it.

Blue nocturne
What happened to the original megaman by the way he was my fav and all the other characters like bass( Forte) Blues(I hate that name protoman.) and etc...

Acrosurge
What happened to the original megaman by the way he was my fav and all the other characters like bass( Forte) Blues(I hate that name protoman.) and etc... No one knows. Some speculate that the big three (Rock, Blues, Bass) simply grew obsolete and were retired. If find that difficult to believe. Rock would give his life for others rather than willingly be shut down forever. Blues would prefer to operate until his system shuts down from disrepair. Bass would prefer to die in battle. It is possible that these things happened.

Another group of fans speculate that Wily activated Zero early and Zero turned on him. In this theory, Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass were part of a last ditch attempt to put Zero back in stasis, before he destroyed both Light and Wily. This theory says that Zero destroyed them all before he was stopped and that he was responsible for the deaths of Light, Wily, Proto Man, Bass, and Mega Man.

SaTsuJiN
X is more adaptable than zero due to his ability to learn replicant techniques.. but zero does have that energy sword and is more veteran to combat..

should we assume they're both at peak performance?

Dark-Kenshin
X easily. One super nova strike, and zero is taost. Plus, X could just copy all of his moves, making the fight pointless.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
X is more adaptable than zero due to his ability to learn replicant techniques.. but zero does have that energy sword and is more veteran to combat..

should we assume they're both at peak performance? I'm thinking if this fight thread is to continue, Blue Nocturne needs to select power levels. Are X and Zero at full (potential) power? Do they have any armors or upgrades? Have they copied any techniques or abilities?

Right now, the fight I'm envisioning is Ultimate X vs Absolute Zero, both from X: Command Mission. While these are not the true ultimate forms of either character, they are insanely powerful and the fight would be a good one.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I'm thinking if this fight thread is to continue, Blue Nocturne needs to select power levels. Are X and Zero at full (potential) power? Do they have any armors or upgrades? Have they copied any techniques or abilities?

Right now, the fight I'm envisioning is Ultimate X vs Absolute Zero, both from X: Command Mission. While these are not the true ultimate forms of either character, they are insanely powerful and the fight would be a good one.

At there max point of power who would win

Thunder Fox
True but in megaman Z zero is pretty impressive he single handedly defeated omega and the dark elf!! the one in megamanzero series he isn't even the real zero

Acrosurge
At there max point of power who would win I'd still go with X for two reasons. One: He has more impressive feats. Two: His power is innately limitless, as opposed to Zero, who relies on an external factor to unlock his DNA potential.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I'd still go with X for two reasons. One: He has more impressive feats. Two: His power is innately limitless, as opposed to Zero, who relies on an external factor to unlock his DNA potential.

Feats don't win battles.

Acrosurge
Feats don't win battles. Perhaps not, but they do give an indication of a character's abilities and powerlevels.

Zero no longer held an edge in combat experience by the time X reached his strongest powerlevel. In fact, when X was at his strongest, Zero was back in hibernation and X actually attained more experience than Zero! Therefore, "Ultimate" X would have the powerlevel, speed, and experience advantage over Zero.

Shin_Gouken
Feats don't win battles.

Yes they do.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Shin_Gouken
Yes they do.

no they don't.

Shin_Gouken
no they don't.
Yes they do.
You have to be some kinda crack head to think they don't.
I mean seriously, If both of us were in a sword fight and I decided to throw my sword at you. You would have to have the ability to parry it with your own sword (Thus, a feat). If you parried it, I'd be screwed unless I was a master of unarmed combat.

In conclusion, "Yes they do"

Blue nocturne
Yes they do.
You have to be some kinda crack head to think they don't.
I mean seriously, If both of us were in a sword fight and I decided to throw my sword at you. You would have to have the ability to parry it with your own sword (Thus, a feat). If you parried it, I'd be screwed unless I was a master of unarmed combat.

In conclusion, "Yes they do"

genius no they don't in games like street fighter when the low tier characters can survive f5 tornado's while the top tiers are just lifting boulders how do you decide who wins based on feats alone seems like your the crack head here. wink

Blue nocturne
But seriously I meant no offense but how do you decide just by feats alone.

Shin_Gouken
genius no they don't in games like street fighter when the low tier characters can survive f5 tornado's while the top tiers are just lifting boulders how do you decide who wins based on feats alone seems like your the crack head here. wink

Man, I know street fighter but I'm afraid I can't see how what your saying applies, please elaborate.Anyway, feats are a great way of determing a character's ability to get out of sticky situations (something Zero will do a lot of). And besides thats not what acrosurge was saying. He said that their were a few things that allow X to be the victor. Feats was only one of them.

Dark-Kenshin
Batman has beaten Superman around 7 times in the comic book world.

Proof that feats don't determine battles.

Also, pro martial artist have taken down pro-body builders.

More proof.

Shin_Gouken
I never said they detemine battles. I said they help. And you're all going off topic.

Acrosurge
I never said they detemine battles. I said they help. And you're all going off topic. I totally agree. Feats alone do not win battles, which is why I provided other, strong points as to why a character should win, such as combat ability, experience, and range of powers.

Can anyone provide a reason as to why Zero would win with both combatants are at their utmost power?

Acrosurge
Just for kicks, here's a CG pic of X with his Ultimate Armor (mk III).

Acrosurge
And another for Zero. Pic is from Planet Megaman.

Shin_Gouken
I don't really know much about either to tell you the truth. Zero is more experienced than X, but X has more potential. But Ultimate X is a character I know almost nothiang about.

Blue nocturne
I never said they detemine battles. I said they help. And you're all going off topic.

Then what are we arguing about?

Acrosurge
I don't really know much about either to tell you the truth. Zero is more experienced than X, but X has more potential. But Ultimate X is a character I know almost nothiang about. Not true. Zero started out with more experience, though by the time X reached his highest potential power, X had been fighting for a century longer than Zero.

Unknown X is simply the name used to define X at the highest power he ever reached. Similarly, Maverick Zero is Zero's form at his highest potential power, unlocked when he allows his DNA to be fully integrated with the Maverick (or Zero) Virus. Here's a pic of Zero building up to become Maverick Zero.

Shin_Gouken
Then what are we arguing about?
I think it was something like "feats help determine battles". But I won that argument so don't worry about going back to it. lol big grin

Blue nocturne
I think it was something like "feats help determine battles". But I won that argument so don't worry about going back to it. lol big grin

You didn't win anything I said feats don't win battles you said yes and now you say they just help... stick out tongue

Acrosurge
You didn't win anything I said feats don't win battles you said yes and now you say they just help... stick out tongue *Does the happy peace-keeper dance*

And now for something no one asked to see:

...The latest art style for classic Mega Man (not X, the original Mega Man)!

May I introduce you to the sickeningly cute, Mega Man: Powered Up!!!

Shin_Gouken
I originally said feats determine battles. That implies that they help. You originally said that they don't determine battles at all.
I win big grin

Blue nocturne
I originally said feats determine battles. That implies that they help. You originally said that they don't determine battles at all.
I win big grin

I posted feats "don't win battles" you replied "Yes they do" how did that imply they help in that post?

Blue nocturne
You never said they helped until a few post after yet now you say you were implying it when you posted before despite the fact you simply said "yes they do".......Riiiggghttt roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shin_Gouken
You never said they helped until a few post after yet now you say you were implying it when you posted before despite the fact you simply said "yes they do".......Riiiggghttt roll eyes (sarcastic)
"Yes they do" means feats play a roll in winning battles. So they really can be our final deciding factor for who wins. "Yes they do," however, by no means implies that they are the only deciding factor in winning battles. I also did not say they win battles all the time, so again, "yes they do, feats do win plenty of battles." Oh, and saying "feats don't win battles" implies that they never do. big grin

Man... we could go on forever like this...

Blue nocturne
I know since were just typing there's no way of truying knowing what the other imply ed so lets just forget about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.