I think this might deserve its own thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NPC
Question, Mace seemed to know how to block lightning with his saber. We also saw Obi-wan do this against Dooku. The real question for me is was Luke faking in return of the jedi when Sidious was hitting him with lightning? For one thing if Obi-wan knew how to block lightning with his saber Luke would then have been taught that an be very away of that force power of Sidious. 2nd, considering how quickly Mace died from the lightning, Luke shoulda got fried in Jedi like 3 times over. Was luke using healing force/absorb force when he was getting hit with lightning an just trying to bait his father into being good again?
Because if the emperor forsaw Luke destroying him, yoda an Obi-wan would of had him much better prepared since they knew all of Sidious's force powers.
I think all of this points towards Luke was toying with Sidious in order to turn his father back from the darkside. The exact same way Sidious toyed with Mace to turn his father to the darkside. Kind of a, it took this to take him to the darkside, now it takes the EXACT samething to bring him back from the darkside. Since Anakin watched Mace die like that, an of course must of felt guilty all of those years. Then he saw Luke dying the same way an couldnt take it.
More evidence, Anakin/Vader got hit with Lightning for a few seconds when he was throwing Sidious/Palpatine off the ledge and it killed him in the end. Yet Luke was taking lightning for days an not dying.

KENobi™
First, this belongs in the OT forum, and second I believe this has been discussed before.

queeq
Closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.