RoTJ, Was Luke faking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NPC
No this is NOT off topic as it has to do with Mace Windu an Sidious/Palpatine fight as well in Episode 3.

Question, Mace seemed to know how to block lightning with his saber. We also saw Obi-wan do this against Dooku. The real question for me is was Luke faking in return of the jedi when Sidious was hitting him with lightning? For one thing if Obi-wan knew how to block lightning with his saber Luke would then have been taught that an be very away of that force power of Sidious. 2nd, considering how quickly Mace died from the lightning, Luke shoulda got fried in Jedi like 3 times over. Was luke using healing force/absorb force when he was getting hit with lightning an just trying to bait his father into being good again?
Because if the emperor forsaw Luke destroying him, yoda an Obi-wan would of had him much better prepared since they knew all of Sidious's force powers.
I think all of this points towards Luke was toying with Sidious in order to turn his father back from the darkside. The exact same way Sidious toyed with Mace to turn his father to the darkside. Kind of a, it took this to take him to the darkside, now it takes the EXACT samething to bring him back from the darkside. Since Anakin watched Mace die like that, an of course must of felt guilty all of those years. Then he saw Luke dying the same way an couldnt take it.
More evidence, Anakin/Vader got hit with Lightning for a few seconds when he was throwing Sidious/Palpatine off the ledge and it killed him in the end. Yet Luke was taking lightning for days an not dying.

PVS
no, luke was getting his ass handed to him.
only yoda seemed powerful enough to do a barehanded block,
and when he wasnt blocking, look how he got shot across the room
sizzling like high speed flying green bacon.

one of two things happened.

1-ben/yoda were thoughtless in not saying "um...btw luke, the emporer can shoot lightning from his fingers and kill you...use your lightsaber to block it.

or

2-luke made a leap of faith, believing that his father would turn and save him.

...but make no mistake, luke was frying and in alot of pain. also palps was toying with him. thus the zap, pause, gloat, zap, pause, gloat routine.

also keep in mind that force lightning is...the force. so it stands to reason that palps can control it to the point of deciding whether to launch someone across the room or put them right on the ground.

Jedi Priestess
Dude you copied a thread that was closed?? Yeah good luck on this. laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Dude you copied a thread that was closed?? Yeah good luck on this. laughing out loud

omg...just searched his profile and saw the other thread

what a shmuck

Jedi Priestess
Well damnit man, not to mention we have discussed this topic to death already. Why is it so hard for people to use the search button?

NPC
That "something" moderator closed it for no good reason. He believed it was off topic? Yet he has this dumb ass long post with HIS name in the TITLE that has nothing to do with the topic. His ass should be in hot water not mine.

PVS
well, sometimes thread titles are vague...there are plenty of valid excuses.

but reposting a thread which was closed is just....uber stupid

Jedi Priestess
LMAO @ uber stupid laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by NPC
His ass should be in hot water not mine.

please, i dont want any mental pictures of queeq's ass in hot water. sick

NPC
So if it has been discussed in the last month its not a valid topic? An I didnt discuss it at all? From my "search" it seems it was last discussed in april 04'? that too early to bring it back up?

Ast
I could of swore ROTJ was not a prequel. blink

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by NPC
So if it has been discussed in the last month its not a valid topic? An I didnt discuss it at all? From my "search" it seems it was last discussed in april 04'? that too early to bring it back up?

NO, the smart thing would have been to use the thread provided. yes

NPC
Originally posted by Ast
I could of swore ROTJ was not a prequel. blink

Im saying the RotJ fight mirrored the Sidious/Mace Windu fight.
Only Luke takes Maces place.

Ast
Originally posted by NPC

Okay, well say it in the right place.

KENobi™
Originally posted by NPC

It doesn't matter. The main focus of this thread is the showdown between Luke and Palpatine, just because you make mention of a PT scene as well doesn't mean it goes here.

Undermining a moderators action is means for a warning.

Ushgarak
If you want to question a Moderator's decision, do it by PM. Do NOT re-open a closed thread.

I hope you listen to that.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.