Yoda ran away?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

locuasohappy
in the ROTS when Yoda was fighting the Emperor why once yoda thrue the big round thing (the seats in the room) the emperor jump down to another one and yoda jump their too with his light saber but then the
Emperor used dark lighting he made yoda drop his lightsaber. i mean the emperor didnt catch him off guard or anything (because yoda had been on their for quite a while) so why did yoda let the emperor take away his lightsaber?

blowup

locuasohappy
well idk

Faroth
He didn't... Sidious knew that he couldn't beat Yoda in the saber fight, so he used lightning. Yoda knew that he couldn't block it with lightning, so he put it away and used the Force instead.

General G
I don't think Yoda was on the seat for a while, I mean, he jumped up on the chair and almost immediately Sidious used Lightning and caught Yoda off guard (i think, I could be wrong) and he dropped his lightsaber to block it with his hands.

Faroth
Besides, this is the wrong forum...

General G
Yeah, it should go in the Prequel Trilogy forum.

Wesker
Yoda had the shits. He had to go go go.

Darth Traya
Yoda ate cake too much. And he had romantic liasons with Vicky Pollard.

Council#13
laughing
No but yeah but yeah but yeah no but yeah no but yeah... ...but no because I'm not even going on the pill... ...because Nadine reckons they stop you from getting pregnant

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Wesker
Yoda had the shits. He had to go go go.

laughing laughing laughing

craft-a-saber
how do you catch the ultimate jedi master off guard were talking about someone/something that is so in-tune with the force he can see what someone is going to do before they do it the fact is yoda has very slimy green skin and when the bolt of lightning hit it it slipped out of his hands like wet soap not even my sabers are grippy enough for a 800 odd year old de-formed frog to keep hold of lol

Sesse
And what did we learn from Episode 3?

If you are having a lightsaber duel, please don't leap for a higher ground. As a result you will only lose your lightsaber (and a few limbs as well) and end up to the bottom of the arena...

Lee-San28
does yoda poop green ? lol

Captain REX
Does it matter? No. *slap*

Sidious pretty much blasted the lightsaber out of Yoda's hand. He wasn't expecting it.

Council#13
Yeah!

spekdah
WHY IS THIS THREAD CALLED "YODA RAN AWAY'?

Lord Mader
Man... GL sucks balls at making movies. Explains everything

nano_probex
Originally posted by locuasohappy
in the ROTS when Yoda was fighting the Emperor why once yoda thrue the big round thing (the seats in the room) the emperor jump down to another one and yoda jump their too with his light saber but then the
Emperor used dark lighting he made yoda drop his lightsaber. i mean the emperor didnt catch him off guard or anything (because yoda had been on their for quite a while) so why did yoda let the emperor take away his lightsaber?
blowup

Firstly *twitches at grammer*

Secondly - If you WATCH closely Yoda is a little caught off guard and knows that at this close range the only way to stop the lightning is to block it via The Force. So, he drops the saber as it's a little hard to block with a saber in your hand... *jeez*

Hit_and_Miss
Q: Why did Yoda run away?

A: Cause his ass got p'owned.... like all aliens do when confronted by humans...

kalsemo
Originally posted by Lee-San28
does yoda poop green ? lol

laughing

Captain REX
It's not that he can't block it with his lightsaber at that close range, but if you see how he's holding the lightsaber, he's not exactly in a position to bring his saber to block, or is he prepared when Sidious intentionally disarms him with the lightning.

green dude
Thank you Captain Rex and Lord Mader if GS sucks at making movies than why do alot of people like them and buy them?. You try it. But back on topic, if you have not seen the clip in slow motion he wasn't expecting a powerful attack, also I think you would run for your life.

lawman
Fact is Sidious tried to run from yoda, a three foot green guy
but he stood his ground with 4 big jedi masters, and why??
because he knew yoda would whup him, the lightning that knocked the lightsaber out of his hand was a desperation move,

when yoda was fightning dooku he fired his lightning back at him yoda could use lightning too,
yoda could fight just as well (if not better) than sidious unarmed
yoda left because there were clonetroopers on thier way. with bigass guns,

Sidious won by chance, in a decent match yoda would have won!

Sesse
Of course he could.
The jedi code should inclue this line:

"
There is no emotion - there is peace
I could - But I won't
"

Sans_Fi
Its because all Prequel lightsaber combats end abruptly, when the choreographer doesnt know what else to do... ALL OF THEM. (on Anakin VS Obi Wan they try to give us a LAME explanation, but they could have continued if they ehm... wanted)

Instead, on the classic trilogy you know when the combat seems to be ending. On a New Hope, becuse Ben sees Luke; on Empire Strikes Back we see how Luke is no match for Vader, it isnt suddenly; On Return of the Jedi, after Vader got Luke angry we see the end coming...
You know why? because Lightsaber combats werent ACTION secuences

preysin
retreat NOT runaway

yoda is no coward. hes a cool jedi too cool.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by lawman
Fact is Sidious tried to run from yoda, a three foot green guy
but he stood his ground with 4 big jedi masters, and why??
because he knew yoda would whup him, the lightning that knocked the lightsaber out of his hand was a desperation move,

when yoda was fightning dooku he fired his lightning back at him yoda could use lightning too,
yoda could fight just as well (if not better) than sidious unarmed
yoda left because there were clonetroopers on thier way. with bigass guns,

Sidious won by chance, in a decent match yoda would have won!

Indeed....

He wasn't exactly running from the clones right away.
If he just could've kept balance on the platform which he was sliding from, he would have finished Sidious off and THEN run from the troopers which arrived soon after the duel.
So yeah....Yoda DID NOT run away from Sidious...(as most people prefer to see it).

Again....this has been discussed many times before!

Council#13
Yoda did not exactly run away. Firstly, according to the Episode III novelization, he knew he could not defeat Sidious. The next part contains pieces of what I think: He decided it would be best to leave to help train one who COULD defeat Sidious. He also had faith in Obi-Wan to defeat Vader.

Now, in the movie, Yoda's saber was blasted away. Both Sidious and Yoda were flung away. Yoda landed heavily on the bottom of the Senate Chambers floor (ouch that must have hurt), while Sidious was still clinging onto one of the pods. Sidious then had the high ground, and if Yoda realized that, without his lightsaber, could not defeat the Sith Lord in a combat with the Force. It would take too long to attempt to reach the Emperor again, and in that short time, Palpatine could summon the Clones. Yoda, weaponless, would not last very long

Tangible God
Yes.

Yoda ran away.

And you know why? Because he's smart enough to know that he couldn't beat Palpatine and a squad of Clones after plummeting 50 feet from a podium in which he had exhausted himself.

J.M FcThumbs-Up

Council#13
Uh... thanks smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.