why dint the emperor give darth vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

locuasohappy
in ROTS when anakin was ignited into a sith why didnt sdous give anakin a red light saber showing his alliegance to the dark side of the force? and dont you think it would have looked better in the mustafar battle with kenobi if anakin was red and kenobi was blue?

Cascador
I guess he didn't have a spare one anymore
besides I like the blue vs. blue in the fight

It gives more the impression of friend vs. friend instead of Jedi vs. Sith. Which was exactly the point of the fight.

darthvader_fan
hey stinger

no idea by the way

Captain REX
Hah! Another Stinger?

darthvader_fan
I CAUGHT HIM FIRST

GIVE ME THE CREDIT

GOTCHA NOW STINGER78 YOU LITTLE WEASLE

drex
I think it is because at the time he didn't have the authority to have a red one as he hadn't completed his training so therefore he kept his old one for the batlle

DeVi| D0do
Lol, ignited.

Stinger may be an arse, but he's good for a laugh...

craft-a-saber
if anakin needed a red lightsaber he could of asked me and i would have made him one palps/sidious didnt give him one because lets face it are you gonna mess with a lunatic that kills

"younglings"

besides dont you think its a bit wierd the way palpatine is talking to anakin after the whole mace VS sidious fight i mean he is practicly serenading anakin

"the fooorrrccee is strong with-aa-youuu"
and looks as though hes at orgasm point

perhaps after all that sidious did try to give anakin a red saber

would you take anything from someone who has obviously been playing with himself

aj_vader
i completely agree with Cascador,

you couldnt have put it betta wink lol

but the question was right in a way, he is supposed to be a sith, but Cascador is right wink

kanis
borg Their wasn't time to make one for him then he had to move quickly to convert the republic into the galactic empire and he sent anakin to the lava planet to take care of the confederacy members if obi wan and him never fought maybe when he returned to coruscant he would have remade his to have a red blade instead of the blue. The blue on blue fight does rock.

Padmé Amidala
As everyone keeps saying, the basic reason is that there wasnt time for Darth Vader to make a new one yet..... Other priorities! But, the blue vs blue lightsaber is symbolic of Anakin's conflict within himself. As you see in Episode II, Anakin keeps either nearly losing his lightsaber or damaging it, thats deliberate by Lucas. When he loses his lightsaber, it also coinsides with him losing his humanity completely.

Darth Vious
As well as the reasons already given above for the blue on blue duel, it was most likely for the same reason Luke's lightsaber color was changed from blue to green in RotJ - So the blade would be visible against the surroundings.

willman
ACTUALLY LUKES CHANGED COLOUR BECAUSE HE LOST THE BLUE ONE!!!!!!!DUH!

btw---they did make it red! look, heres a deleted scene, lol.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by willman
ACTUALLY LUKES CHANGED COLOUR BECAUSE HE LOST THE BLUE ONE!!!!!!!DUH!
Luke lost Anakin's saber and then constructed his own. Originally, this was supposed to have a blue blade (and was filmed as such) but then Lucas realized that the blue blade wasn't very clear against the blue of the sky, so the footage was re-rotoscoped so the blade was green. If you're going to be a smartass, at least have all the facts at your disposal.

willman
shuttup

Darth Vious
shuttup
Why? Because what I said was accurate and you don't like it? Ask anyone the production reason that the color of Luke's blade was green, and that's what they'll tell you.

craft-a-saber
dont you think your a little off-topic and should be discussing that in the original trilogy forum

just a thought

Insomnia
It's because Luke was handed a blue lightsaber in A New Hope.

nate100
The weird thing thou is that i bought Vaders Lightsaber from episode three from master replicas when it came out. Its basically his pre a new hope saber.

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_detail.php?pid=8434

So how come it was "made" in production but never used????

Although i read it on supershadow there was a rough script that said something along the lines of:

Obi wan knocked Anakins saber away and thought that he was defensless so tried to talk some sense into him and then anaking pulled a new saber (the episode 3 vader version) from the back of his belt or cloak and the fight continued with a red on blue saber fight.

Personally i think that would have been a good idea. Sure they would have had trouble explainning how he had time to build a new one but it still would have looked cool.

craft-a-saber
Originally posted by nate100
The weird thing thou is that i bought Vaders Lightsaber from episode three from master replicas when it came out. Its basically his pre a new hope saber.

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_detail.php?pid=8434

Although i read it on supershadow there was a rough script that said something along the lines of:

Obi wan knocked Anakins saber away and thought that he was defensless so tried to talk some sense into him and then anaking pulled a new saber (the episode 3 vader version) from the back of his belt or cloak and the fight continued with a red on blue saber fight.

Personally i think that would have been a good idea. Sure they would have had trouble explainning how he had time to build a new one but it still would have looked cool.
it would definately put an end to this thread or perhaps the thread would be called "how did anakin have time to build his red saber"

but i am probably wrong i usually am lol

Mišt

Although i read it on supershadow

All creditability lost.

Talk about vague thread titles....couldnt they have added 'a lightsaber' to the end of it? Would have saved me the trouble of actually reading the thread....

kimmeh

nate100
Yeah i know that point is basically bollocks. From what i can tell the dude is full of shit.

HOWEVER

Why would MR get the licence to make the saber from the film?

It is visibly different from all other vader sabers in the OT so it had to of been planned to put this particular saber in ROTS in the first place.

Bottom line, a saber was made for Vader but for what ever reason it was not included in the film.

Jack Daniels
well vader shoulda coulda woulda ...lol....whipped out the red one and saber slapped obiebiotch when he lost his other 3 limbs and blue saber....just for good measure ya know...LOL...time to go back to queeqs! beer

Darth Vious
Originally posted by craft-a-saber
dont you think your a little off-topic and should be discussing that in the original trilogy forum

just a thought
Not really, because the reason for the blade color in RotS is most likely exactly the same as the reason fot the blade color in RotJ, and it is impossible to explain and prove the point for RotS without refering to RotJ as backup for the premise.

Cascador
I've seen footage of Anakin fighting with a red blade...and it wasn't really a problem that you could hardly see it...it would probably be more difficult to make if it was a red blade...maybe, but you see the blade good.

Anyway I told the other reason why they didn't use a red blade...cause it might look cool, Anakin fighting with a red blade...It just looks wrong.

Exador
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
I CAUGHT HIM FIRST

GIVE ME THE CREDIT

GOTCHA NOW STINGER78 YOU LITTLE WEASLE

How'd You know that was Stinger78

sithsaber408

Supershadow aside, I think he was meant to have a red sabre at first.

All of the publicity stills for episode III that had vader showed his red sabre.

And those weren't old photos, they were new ones, shot with Hayden doing poses in the costume.

So that is the replica that you bought, methinks.

As to why it was changed,.. who knows?

(But several good reasons have already been given.) wink

Cascador
I posted that it just looks wrong...Anakin with a red saber.
Many complained that Anakin turns to the Dark Side too quickly!
Maybe that's true...well Anakin with a red lightsaber would just have made it worse.

craft-a-saber
Originally posted by Cascador
I posted that it just looks wrong...Anakin with a red saber.
Many complained that Anakin turns to the Dark Side too quickly!
Maybe that's true...well Anakin with a red lightsaber would just have made it worse.

yeah people do complain that he turns to the dark side to quickly but if you read in the book it takes a little longer

plus alot of people believe that anakin should have been trained in the dark side from the start

and that the prophecy was for the dark side

but thats a common argument isn't it

willman
Lucas had no choice! he HAD to make the OB1 and anakin fight blue on blue because in ANH, OB1 gives luke a blue light sabre that 'belonged 2 his father!'. He TOOK anakins lightsabre after he won. If it was red then, Lucas would have had had to remake the original 2 films to make lukes lightsabre red. Thats the answer. close the topic now.

preysin
Originally posted by locuasohappy
in ROTS when anakin was ignited into a sith why didnt sdous give anakin a red light saber showing his alliegance to the dark side of the force? and dont you think it would have looked better in the mustafar battle with kenobi if anakin was red and kenobi was blue?

because you can only a red crystal saber when you become a full jedi master. anakin was turning to the dark side in episode III.

Hello Friend
I think they were going to do that originally, but the idea was scraped when it was hard to tell a red lightsaber against Mustafar's background.

willman
no, they had to make it blue goddamit! because in the original trilogy, lukes saber (from his father) was blue. and THAT was the saber that OB1 took from anakin after he had kicked anakins ass.

Cascador
willman, there was the idea, that he pulled out a second saber all of a sudden, a second saber that was red...so that wouldn't be in conflict with the idea that Obi-Wan takes anakin's blue one.
But they didn't use that idea.

Arker

Well....

Blue vs Blue symbolizes hero vs hero rather than hero vs villain.

chinabing
Some of the Mustafar art work "pre-invisioning," Anakin had a red lightsaber. But that's all it means.

Cascador
Originally posted by Arker

Well....

Blue vs Blue symbolizes hero vs hero rather than hero vs villain.

I almost said the same in a previous post...I said that it shows more friend vs. friend than Sith vs. Jedi.

Lord Mader

Why don't u transform into someone who doesn't ask stupid, questions....

Anyways blue and blue *friend vs friend* fits the traitor genre and it's something new.

Darth Vious
Lucas had no choice! he HAD to make the OB1 and anakin fight blue on blue because in ANH, OB1 gives luke a blue light sabre that 'belonged 2 his father!'. He TOOK anakins lightsabre after he won. If it was red then, Lucas would have had had to remake the original 2 films to make lukes lightsabre red. Thats the answer. close the topic now.
Here're some nice pictures to look at...
Anakin's saber in RotS:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/AnakinROTSSM.jpg
and how it appears when Obi-Wan gave it to Luke 20 years later in ANH:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/LukeANHSM.jpg

Here's Obi-Wan's saber in RotS:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/ObiROTSLG.jpg
and here's how it appeared in ANH:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/ObiEPIVOldSM.jpg

Now, are they identical, or, are they different??
For reasons yet unexplained, it's pretty clear that Obi-Wan tinkered with both sabers and changed some of the parts during his exile. Even if Anakin had put a Sith crystal in his saber during RotS, (which he never did) Obi-Wan had 20 years to put a new one in to give it it's original blue blade when he replaced the other components. The saber he gives to Luke, is not 100% identical to when he picked it up on Mustafar, so your argument/hissyfit proves absolutely nothing. It still makes more sense that the reason for Anakin's blade appearing blue on Mustafar is because a) Red would have been harder to distinguish than blue, thus meaning b) There was no point having him re-work the saber in the film to give it a red blade.

Cascador
one thing...there is a mistake in the second picture...it has cuts in the rubber lines on the hilt...it didn't have those until episode V...Luke made them, not Obi-Wan, but you are right, you would say that Obi-Wan changed a lot himself...or not...cause you don't really see the saber in close-up...you know it of course by the replicas, but I think if you follow the story, you assume the one of episode III is the one Ben passes to Luke and he changed nothing...that is at least what I think...but that's the story...why would he change it anyway?

Darth Vious
one thing...there is a mistake in the second picture...it has cuts in the rubber lines on the hilt...it didn't have those until episode V...Luke made them, not Obi-Wan, but you are right, you would say that Obi-Wan changed a lot himself...or not...cause you don't really see the saber in close-up...you know it of course by the replicas, but I think if you follow the story, you assume the one of episode III is the one Ben passes to Luke and he changed nothing...that is at least what I think...but that's the story...why would he change it anyway?
That's true, I'm not sure why the person who created the image did that, because the rest of their saber pictures are flawless as far as detail goes... Ignoring that little thing, I stand by my theory that Obi-Wan tinkered with the sabers whist in exile, although why he did so, could be any number of reasons from replacing less easy to come by parts with ones that were more readily available, to simple boredom...

Cascador
The only thing he would have changed in my opinion is the button...He removed that and attached a D-ring....at least that would have some function...changing other details....he didn't improve anything....on the contrary...

Darth Vious
According to the Visual Dictionary for TPM, the belt clips were charging ports. He might've felt that Luke was unlikely to have one of the belt units (or perhaps they have a finite operating time) and felt that a D Ring and other method of recharge would be more beneficial as the other units might have become obsolete under the Empire... As for the activation plates, it could just been a case of he updated one, and did the other to match... Untill it's clarified why he tinkered with them, the possibilities for speculation are endless.

Cascador
Originally posted by Darth Vious
Untill it's clarified why he tinkered with them, the possibilities for speculation are endless.

true...the bubbles on the activation button should have been placed on the ep III one...they were on the ep II lightsaber.

Darth Vious
true...the bubbles on the activation button should have been placed on the ep III one...they were on the ep II lightsaber.
My thoughts exactly...

nano_probex

Well maybe Palpatine needed the Anakin to go and kill the Jedi immediately. If he had waited for a mere lightsaber to be built (as he doesn't keep them handy) the Jedi couldve made a move. ><

sithsaber408
Yeah i know that point is basically bollocks. From what i can tell the dude is full of shit.

HOWEVER

Why would MR get the licence to make the saber from the film?

It is visibly different from all other vader sabers in the OT so it had to of been planned to put this particular saber in ROTS in the first place.

Bottom line, a saber was made for Vader but for what ever reason it was not included in the film.

Thats very true!!!

They did make one.

(I agree with whoever said that he was originally to whip out a second one at the end, but they scrapped the idea.)

Here's the pic:

(read the article at the bottom that says how they took all previous versions of Vaders sabre and blended them for EPIII.)

Knightfall93
in ROTS when anakin was ignited into a sith why didnt sdous give anakin a red light saber showing his alliegance to the dark side of the force? and dont you think it would have looked better in the mustafar battle with kenobi if anakin was red and kenobi was blue? It's part of the Jedi training to make your own sabre... probably for Sith too!

Cascador
In the story that saber is just the one Vader gets when he loses his original one that Obi-Wan took with him. He probably wears it on the Star Destroyer Bridge scene...

chinabing
I don't think Suited Darth Vader has a lightsaber in ROTS.

Any sharp-eyed viewers see one?

DiamondBullets
Along with a red blade, Anakin shoulda had Sith tattoos like Maul and permenantly yellow eyes. He was just gonna get burnt and masked anywayz, so why not?

Tangible God
Well if he was gonna get masked anyway, why put forth the effort?

Stun

now, if it was my thread? i'd put a '1' on the end of that titleno expression

...that's all i have to say about the matter.

cameron666
A Sith or Jedi always makes their own lightsaber. I'm guessing Sidious would have sent anakin to get the crystals he needs another time

Tangible God
Red crystals are fake anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a challenge for Vader.

kanis
vampire Anyway why would he need a lightsaber on the bridge of the star destroyer when he knows that he can handle anyone who attacks him with the force and plus their is no one who could attack him.

Cascador

Council#13
I guess he didn't have a spare one anymore
besides I like the blue vs. blue in the fight

It gives more the impression of friend vs. friend instead of Jedi vs. Sith. Which was exactly the point of the fight.

I would have prefered a green vs. blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.