Galactus Vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
The Dreaded World Devourer vs. The omnipotent, all-father King of the Norse gods....

Black Adam
Isn't Galactus more powerful then Odin?

Thats what I heard anyone can confirm?

TheKahn
Depends on how hungry Galactus is. At full power he is an abstract being but at his weakest just about anybody could beat him

chris_64256
Although Odin was often said to be all-powerful, he did have limitations. He could not time travel unaided. He could not create life from nothingness. With great effort, he can momentarily withhold a soul from entering the afterlife. He required his two ravens to collect information about the current state of Midgard (Earth). Despite the immensity of his powers, they were considerably inferior when compared to those possessed by the Celestials or Galactus. Occasionally, Odin was forced to undertake the Odinsleep; a state of deep sleep where he recharged the Odinforce but left him as vulnerable as a mortal. The duration of the Odinsleep varies from time to time; sometimes it's a single night while other occasions are for more than a week. (Usually, it's one night per year.)

chris_64256
It would take an injury that resulted in the dispertion of a large portion of his bodily molecules to prevent his mystical energies from healing him and cause odins actual death. Galactus takes this fairly easy...

APOCALYPSE NUR
This is stupid, Odin worships the Celestials who are cosmic beings like Galactus.

Thanos fought Odin and took the whole thing and still lived, so......WOW, are you all really arguing about this?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by APOCALYPSE NUR
Thanos fought Odin and took the whole thing and still lived, so......WOW, are you all really arguing about this?

While it's a lopsided fight, "Wow, are you really arguing about this?" isn't exactly the best way to go about discussing it. Some people simply know less about certain areas of comics. That's what these battles are for, largely: Stamping out a definitive hierarchy amongst comic characters. So just be aware of that.

Thanks. smile

-DM

APOCALYPSE NUR
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Stamping out a definitive hierarchy amongst comic characters. So just be aware of that.

Thanks. smile

-DM

yeah, and I don't like to say it; you all are horrible at it.

Hate to be the Simon Cowell of the whole thing but.......yeah.........I......I don't watch American Idol by the way.

DigiMark007
yeah, and I don't like to say it; you all are horrible at it.

Yes, and this will help the process... roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
This is stupid, Odin worships the Celestials who are cosmic beings like Galactus.

if you're getting under digi's skin, you might wanna lay off the insulting tone of your posts. if you feel a thread is not 'worthy of your supersmartness', then don't comment on it. not everyone can be as supersmart as you.

but there are a few of us hanging around . . . wink

Black Adam
I hope he don't get banned.

We need a new wolverine8888.

YES I said it!!! We need a new one!!!

APOCALYPSE NUR
Originally posted by leonidas
if you're getting under digi's skin, you might wanna lay off the insulting tone of your posts. if you feel a thread is not 'worthy of your supersmartness', then don't comment on it. not everyone can be as supersmart as you.

but there are a few of us hanging around . . . wink

I'm not supersmart. I have a learning disablility, but I'm the smartest when it comes to Apocalypse.

leonidas
cool. prove it by backing stuff with scans, and making good arguments. i'm a teacher and work with loads of learning disabled kids. plenty of them are really smart too. just be careful in your arguments not insult people is all. there are lots of good people in the forum, and it's WAY better to have them as friends! big grin

oh, and welcome to the forum!!

TheKahn
Originally posted by leonidas
cool. prove it by backing stuff with scans, and making good arguments. i'm a teacher and work with loads of learning disabled kids. plenty of them are really smart too. just be careful in your arguments not insult people is all. there are lots of good people in the forum, and it's WAY better to have them as friends! big grin

oh, and welcome to the forum!!

That may be one of the sweetest things ever posted on this forum. big grin
Thats pretty cool Leonidas

thumb up smart

The Ion
Originally posted by TheKahn

thumb up smart
Well thats how we roll in the JLA. cool

Tshern
The results depends on the way Galactus is written. I personally dislike comics in which Galactus can be stopped by Alpha Flight, Thor or Fantastic Four, because Galactus is a cosmic entity, he should not be afraid of puny mortals with some inferior superpowers. Indeed he should just roam the universe eating when it is necessary simply disregarding any opponents.

olympian
"This is stupid, Odin worships the Celestials who are cosmic beings like Galactus."

Oly- Excuse me? Odin "workships" the Celestials? Since when?

- - -

"Thanos fought Odin and took the whole thing and still lived, so......WOW, are you all really arguing about this? "

Oly- The whole thing nada. The figth stopped when he couldnt take anymore.

grey fox
Originally posted by Black Adam

I thought that was leonheartmm ?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
I thought that was leonheartmm ?

yes laughing out loud

Diunic
Odin never worshiped Celestials. In a direct confrontation he would lose to Galan but he is to wise to go for it. I bet he would first ask for the help of Zeus, Osiris, Shiva, Dagda, Yu Huang, and some others Sky-fathers then we would have a battle in cosmic scale that would end up with Galactus being imprisoned or without a true side victory.

demigawd
Originally posted by TheKahn

thumb up smart

Leo is all heart. Must be because he's Canadian...

chris_64256
did you people not read my posts? Galactus takes this easy... 10/10

Diunic
No way Chris! I repeat Odin would not enter such a fight by himself alone. Not with his asgardian nigh-omniscience!

inamilist
Originally posted by Black Adam

ya, this board needs some more character

Diunic
Despite all of the so called Fantastic Powers of Galactus he stand no chance against more than ten nigh-omnipotent Sky fathers Odin would put in his cosmic face. Don't get me wrong Galan is a nigh-omnipotent demigod too but he probably would be extra dimensionally imprisoned this time.

chris_64256
With all due respect guy nobody said anything about ten skyfathers killer its a Odin versus Galactus thread. yes its a lopsided little harmless thread if you dont like the way its drawn up make your own thread.

Diunic
HAHAHA! Sorry I was just teasing. But you're right! Odin alone would be atomized w/ little effort.

chris_64256
no prob man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.