XBOX Live Arcade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ast
Who else has downloaded XBLA games?

I have Hexic(came with console), Geometry Wars(fvckin awesome), Spades(Dad plays it), and Marble Blast.

Spartan005
I wish I could download those games, but I don't have a 360..... yet.

IcePunk
Hmmm wonder why....

PVS
the idea of playing 8-bit games on a next gen console just doesnt make sense to me.

Ast
8 bit? Have you even looked at the games? stick out tongue

KENobi™
Originally posted by PVS
the idea of playing 8-bit games on a next gen console just doesnt make sense to me.

Dude, the graphics of these Arcade games are great, and challenging to.

They are fun to have when you are bored, but don't feel like playing one of your discs.

PVS

H. S. 6

Ast
And every game is XBL compatible with either leaderboards or full on multiplayer. big grin

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by PVS
so i exagerate....16 bit. happy? stick out tongue

I'd have to say it's that or 32 confused

Marble blast is 32 embarrasment

IcePunk
Nah, the other games has to be greater than 32, isnt GBA 32?

Geometry wars is the shit ! rock

LanceWindu
Originally posted by IcePunk
Nah, the other games has to be greater than 32, isnt GBA 32?

Geometry wars is the shit ! rock

Geometry Wars has to be over 32 bit. The animation is so smooth.

AstroFan
Anyone else download Uno? Uno rocks. cool

IcePunk
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Geometry Wars has to be over 32 bit. The animation is so smooth. Exactly

crazy_shadow
well lets see. are you talking about bit as in the processor type or the video memory? cause if it's processor, i doubt some are 64...but if you mean video, yeah im sure a few are 64

Morridini
Wonder why this thread isn't more active...

Anyway anyone got any good recommendations for the Arcade?

I just downloaded a few Trial Games, and then one I liked the most is the Switchball, it's pretty much a 3D version of the game where you try to balance a ball through a maze, however when you zoom all the way in you can really notice the attention to details, plus the physics seems pretty great.

I've not bought any Arcade games yet, only tested trials, but this one and Prince of Persia are definitely on my top "should buy some day", as well as Geometry Wars.

@st
I havent downloaded an arcade games in a long time. I want to see some more classics released, id kill for Perfect Dark with Live multiplayer. stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Marble blast ultra
3D Ultra Minigolf
Frogger
Doom
Hexic HD (because it comes with the console.)

Smasandian
I've only DL'ed Doom, TMMT and Worms.

Lana
Originally posted by @st
I havent downloaded an arcade games in a long time. I want to see some more classics released, id kill for Perfect Dark with Live multiplayer. stick out tongue

That'd be awesome.

I haven't downloaded anything yet, I probably will this weekend though...I know I want Hexic, Prince of Persia, and Puzzle Quest (even though I own it for the DS already, I just can't play that game enough).

Neo Darkhalen
When will the Microsoft Birthday bash happen?

Morridini
Originally posted by Lana
That'd be awesome.

I haven't downloaded anything yet, I probably will this weekend though...I know I want Hexic, Prince of Persia, and Puzzle Quest (even though I own it for the DS already, I just can't play that game enough).

I just downloaded and tried the trial.
Are all the puzzles in the game the one where we shall get three or more of the same color next to each other? Or are there different puzzles?

@st
RUMOR!!!!!

Goldeneye coming to XBLA???

http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-98053.aspx

Like I said, its just rumor, but if its true, OH HELL YEAH!!! Goldeneye on Live. big grin big grin big grin

Neo Darkhalen
Oh yes, I hope it does, what a great game.

Morridini
I soooooooooooooo want this to be true.

Lana
Originally posted by Morridini
I just downloaded and tried the trial.
Are all the puzzles in the game the one where we shall get three or more of the same color next to each other? Or are there different puzzles?

All that type of puzzle.

Originally posted by @st
RUMOR!!!!!

Goldeneye coming to XBLA???

http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-98053.aspx

Like I said, its just rumor, but if its true, OH HELL YEAH!!! Goldeneye on Live. big grin big grin big grin

Ooooooooh I hope that happens. That'd be awesome.

Morridini
All that type of puzzle.

Hmm, that doesn't sound so fun.

Lana
It's incredibly addicting, though.

@st
I soooooooooooooo want this to be true.

Only problem if it is, is that it wont be till the end of the year because thats when the next Bond movie/game comes out. lol

Morridini
It should have been out five months ago sad

WrathfulDwarf
*points finger at myself and sucks for not having XBL account*

Morridini
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
*points finger at myself and sucks for not having XBL account*
Off-topic:

How exactly are we meant to read that?
You point at yourself and suck your finger? Or you simply suck something? As the "sucking" part is part of the action you are doing because it is inside the two *'s.

Neo Darkhalen
It's incredibly addicting, though.

And it set the basis for many another game, and some of its staff went on to produce the fantastic Timesplitters series.

Morridini
Puzzle Quest is the foundation for the Timesplitters series?
I think you misread something...

Neo Darkhalen
Many of the staff including Dr. Doke went and founded FRD, and created a great series, the timesplitters series, the Damn from TS2 is a homage to goldeneye.

laughing out loud good joke.

WrathfulDwarf
Off-topic:

How exactly are we meant to read that?
You point at yourself and suck your finger? Or you simply suck something? As the "sucking" part is part of the action you are doing because it is inside the two *'s.

I just suck for not having XBL. Even after a year of owning an Xbox 360.

@st
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I just suck for not having XBL. Even after a year of owning an Xbox 360.

You are disgrace to your 360 owning kind. no

laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
laughing out loud

BackFire
If this is true I'm going to ejaculate all over the place.

Well, I'm going to do that anyways, but, well, you know.

And WD, for God's sake, get live.

Lana
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Many of the staff including Dr. Doke went and founded FRD, and created a great series, the timesplitters series, the Damn from TS2 is a homage to goldeneye.

laughing out loud good joke.

What joke are you talking about? You just have no reading comprehension - you quoted me talking about Puzzle Quest.

@st
Originally posted by BackFire
If this is true I'm going to ejaculate all over the place.

Well, I'm going to do that anyways, but, well, you know.

And WD, for God's sake, get live.

Notice the rumor said Rare would release other titles too. wink

ULTRAAAA COMBOOOO! stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
What joke are you talking about? You just have no reading comprehension - you quoted me talking about Puzzle Quest.

I was pointing out Moradinis fault, he said puzzle quest started the time splitters franchise of which is obviously incorrect, so unless he was joking he is very simple minded.

Not everything is about you Lana. stick out tongue

@st
She has got you dude, you quoted her saying Puzzle Quest is addicting, then you said all that crap about leading to Timesplitters. Moriddini actually corrected you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Neo Darkhalen
I thought I was talking to moradinis, I have not seen Lana's quote, oh dear sorry for the confusion then....oh boy.

Morridini
Yup, I was correcting up your fault.

Neo Darkhalen
I was really tired yesterday, sorry about that, anyway have any of you brought any Xbox originals of LIVE?

@st
I downloaded Indigo Prophecy, but right now I dont care about originals until they start releasing more. I was hoping for Burnout 3 which they announced but didnt release.

@st
Wow, spoke too soon, its coming monday. laughing out loud

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/844/844726p1.html

Neo Darkhalen
What a coincidence...

Morridini
No originals I think are worth downloading right now, I already have Halo and Fahrenheit (called Indigo Prophecy in the US), Fable looks kinda interesting though.

Hmm, Burnout 3.... was that one good?

@st
Very good, some people say its the best of the series, or the best arcade racer ever.

I liked Revenge on 360 for the online play, but Burnout 3 introduced me to the series.

Morridini
I have played Burnout 1 and Burnout Revenge, liked both of the at least. Is B3 just called that? Or does it have an undertitle?

@st
Burnout 3: Takedown stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Burnout 3 was the best.

Lana
I was really tired yesterday, sorry about that, anyway have any of you brought any Xbox originals of LIVE?

Nope, though it'd likely be cheaper for me to buy the actual game itself anyway.

I'm just not at all interested in any of them.

WrathfulDwarf
Dr. Phil will take on XBL.

no expression

Neo Darkhalen
no expression

@st
Well Goldeneye died, so here is a new XBLA rumor.

Duke Nukem 3D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/845/845449p1.html

Morridini
Sob, take away one of the best games in the world and then give us rumor about another game I have barely heard of.

BackFire
You've not heard of Duke Nukem 3D?

Morridini
Barely heard of, all I know is that it is a Duke Nukem game starring Duke Nukem...

Neo Darkhalen
laughing out loud

@st
Oh sweet, Vigilante 8: Arcade. big grin

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14235444.html

I played the heck out Vigilante 8 on the N64, this will be great online.

Morridini
Screenshots looked oddly familiar...

@st
Its a port of an old game. lol

ragesRemorse
Cant you actually receive free awards with achievements and gamer scores now?

Morridini
The original Soul Calibur game from Dreamcast is coming to XBLA!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189383.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Morridini
So I just downloaded the Trial for Soul Calibur. And loved it, by changing what the X and A button do I basicaly had the exact same setup as SC II on my GC, and alreayd know how to play the game.

Anyone else gonna get it?

jaden101
i have the original and my dreamcast still set up...i never did like soul calibur though...i prefered soul blade on the PS1

ragesRemorse
xbox arcade is ridiculously over priced

Morridini
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
xbox arcade is ridiculously over priced

For most I would have to agree, but this SC one really surprised me with it's price.

ragesRemorse
super contra?

Morridini
Anyone testes Braid yet?
I downloaded the demo, and I found it pretty fun. I finished the first puzzle with all pieces, but only one from the two next puzzles.
I would have bought it, if the price was reasonable. Why would a short Arcade game cost almost as much as an Xbox Original? 1200 points for Braid is way too expensive, very unfortunate when it was a game I would actually have bought.

Also, I found Geometry Wars 2 to be pretty boring compared to number one, I downloaded the trial, tested it a few mins, and it wasn't the least bit as chaotic, frantic and fun as 2 min in Geometry Wars would have been.

ragesRemorse
I never understood the appeal behind geometry wars. The game has pretty colors but it's more redundant that galaga. For 400 points though, i guess it cant be bad huh.

I finally beat Symphony of the night and uncovered 200.6% of the castle. I'm surprised that the xbla version still had all of the cheats and glitches from the ps2 and sega saturn game. and how the hell did microsoft score a sony game anyway?

Neo Darkhalen
I'll be getting Megaman 9 when it arrives.

Superboy Prime
Uno, Texas hold 'em, Castlevania, Prince of Percia, Puzzle Fighter, Geometry Wars and Hexic FTW

ragesRemorse
CLONING CLYDE!!! that game was a lot of fun.

I hate buying anything off of xbox arcade because it's all so goddamned over priced, but i had to get Bionic commando rearmed. That game is actually almost worth $13

ragesRemorse
Does anyone out there play N+?

I've been playing the shit out of this game lately. This is the funnest ( yes i know thats not a word) xbla multiplayer game that i have played yet. Playing through the 100+ levels with four other players is fun enough, but being able to create your own levels to play with people is the best.

The j0keR
I played it single player, never thought to play online. lol

I think the next game I buy will be Duke Nukem, I havent bought a XBLA game in a long time. Actually think it was N+ too. stick out tongue

Morridini
Anyone testes Braid yet?
I downloaded the demo, and I found it pretty fun. I finished the first puzzle with all pieces, but only one from the two next puzzles.
I would have bought it, if the price was reasonable. Why would a short Arcade game cost almost as much as an Xbox Original? 1200 points for Braid is way too expensive, very unfortunate when it was a game I would actually have bought.

To my big surprise Braid was the game Yathzee decided to review this week: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/203-Braid

ragesRemorse
I actually purchased Braid. I'm not entirely convinced that it is worth a $15 price tag. After you beat the game there is no replay value at all, other than achievement points. So, most likely, you will end up deleting this game after you beat it, to make room on your Hard Drive. That reviewer is very right though, the game does have fun and engaging puzzles and beautiful graphics.

Smasandian
How long is it?

ragesRemorse
It took me about a week of casual playing to beat it...,so, maybe, 10-13 hours. I'm sure it can be finished within 5 hours with a dedicated sitting. It's hard for me to complain about the price of Braid because it is one of the most sophisticated games on XBLA. I really wouldn't have a problem with the $15 price tag if it were only for games like braid, but i think we've reached the point where all games are going to be released at $15 as opposed to ten.

Smasandian
I dont really think thats going to happen.

The brand new Bionic Commando Rearmed was released for $10 and thats completely redone.

I heard Braid cost upwards of $150,000. So 15 bucks isnt that much considering people pay 59 bucks or more for an extra 2 hours of gameplay.

ragesRemorse
I surely hope you're right. I just don't have much faith in Microsoft. Most of the content on the marketplace is already over priced and seems to keep increasing.

You're right though, after playing Bionic commando i was impressed that it only cost $10. On the other side of the same coin though, there are shitty arcade ports that only allow you to play on half the screen which cost $10 haha. I hope Microsoft embraces sharing between user created content. I think that feature would instantly make most any game worth $15-$20.

Smasandian
I think so.

I dont know, 10 bucks for a fun diversion is alright. I paid that much for Doom and I still occasionally play it, while I paid over 60 bucks for a game, and I only played it for length of it.

Its just like buying regular games, you see which one your willing to spend on and others your not.

ragesRemorse
The prices for some of the games on XBLA are completely reasonable.however, some have no right being sold as a game on xbla. I feel as though many of the games on the XBLA market place were put there just to make their games library more broad, no matter the quality of content. I hate to complain this much because i do like some of the games on the arcade and i love the concept, but i still think their games lack to many features for being sold from $10-$15. If they would include the ability to give your game to a friend after you are done with it or trade it in for a few points, i dont think anyone could argue the games being worth $15.

Smasandian
Only a few our $15, most are roughly 10 or cheaper.

There might to be arcades games, and usually played numerous occasions. 10 bucks for a game that is good-great is roughly the same as buying a good-great game for 59 bucks.

There will always be crappy ones, or expansive ones, but how is that different than anything else?

The j0keR
I think with games like Braid and Rearmed we are starting to see more depth to XBLA/PSN games instead of quick old school games you just play for 5 minutes out of boredom.

@stroFan
Anyone else purchase Duke Nukem? I played the demo at lunch, then I bought the full game. Brought back memories of playing it on the N64. stick out tongue

Smasandian
I remember playing the Duke Nukem 3rd person shooter for the 64.

It was pretty fun, but annoying as hell because if you died, you had to redo the level again, and they were ****ing huge. Atleast 40 minutes per game. I had to remember each scripted attack.

But it was cool. You went through time and it was pretty cool.

ragesRemorse
I can't play those old first person shooters. After five minutes or so i wonder how ever played them.

Morridini
Yathzee reviews two XBLA games: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
Seems like he hasn't gotten as much hate mail lately, so he added that last comment at the end.

@stroFan
Yathzee reviews two XBLA games: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
Seems like he hasn't gotten as much hate mail lately, so he added that last comment at the end.

He makes a good point though. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
I bought Duke Nukem 3D, it's much better than I remember it being, although I'm sure the enemies were 3D before.

****ing great game. I also have Doom, and while that's fun, it's just not truly that good anymore. Duke 3D is still a brilliant game, so much fun. It has a lot of things in it that modern F.P.S. forget to put in.

I don't think the addition of being able to choose where you respawn from when you die is a good thing, you should just be smart enough to save now and then. Although it does limit it to not being able to go past where you died.

I also have Doom, as previously stated, Ecco the Dolphin (Hardest game ever), Worms and...that's it I think. Any other games I've got are demos that I play when I'm bored, nothing I'd want to own.

I was considering Street Fighter 2, but I hate using the Xbox controller for it, so I doubt I'll be getting it. I've used control sticks so much that my d-pad skills have faded. My legendary Street Fighter thumb callouses are gone now, too.

I fail to see why they haven't brought out Goldeneye yet. Factually would become the best selling game on there, and Rare are already under contract.

-AC

Smasandian
I think Nintendo still has something to do with the Goldeneye series, or that something to do about not having the Bonds franchise.

I love the rewind feature in Duke Nukem. I dont have crazy gaming skills so the rewind feature is just to make it more accessible for some people. I think its great.

Morridini
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
II fail to see why they haven't brought out Goldeneye yet. Factually would become the best selling game on there, and Rare are already under contract.

Even though Microsoft own RARE, the game was first made on the N64, and this puts the rights to the game both to Rare and Nintendo. And for some weird reason Microsoft and Nintendo hate the fans so much that they won't come to an agreement, also, there's a small petition in my sig to make them pull their acts together and release GoldenEye on XBLA (petitions are almost always ineffective, but I sign it out of principle).

@stroFan
Even though Microsoft own RARE, the game was first made on the N64, and this puts the rights to the game both to Rare and Nintendo. And for some weird reason Microsoft and Nintendo hate the fans so much that they won't come to an agreement, also, there's a small petition in my sig to make them pull their acts together and release GoldenEye on XBLA (petitions are almost always ineffective, but I sign it out of principle).

They should just come to an agreement to release it on both consoles. Sure the VC version would be inferior, but people would still buy it. After playing Duke Nukem, im sure Goldeneye can hold hold up just as well, and only be better with XBL support.

@stroFan
Vigilante 8 is coming on November 5th. Happy Dance

Morridini
Banjo Kazooie is out.... very tempted, but don't have money or time atm.

Zack Fair
Gonna love it when perfect dark comes out.

Bought Braid and I like it. It feels unique and I don't think I'm going to delete it. Also bought Castle Crashes and Bionic Commando....kickass games imo.

Yeah went on a arcade spree...blame MvC2.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Gonna love it when perfect dark comes out.

Bought Braid and I like it. It feels unique and I don't think I'm going to delete it. Also bought Castle Crashes and Bionic Commando....kickass games imo.

Yeah went on a arcade spree...blame MvC2.

Wait, wait, wait.....It's out now?!

Kazenji
Originally posted by @stroFan
Vigilante 8 is coming on November 5th. Happy Dance

I played the demo of that version its not as great as the PS1 version.

Zack Fair
Wait, wait, wait.....It's out now?!

no no no.

its just the anticipation drove me nuts lol

Morridini
Fantastic news.

Perfect Dark fromt he N64 is coming to Xbox Live arcade in just a few weeks, and it looks great (in case embeding fails; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UVp1aQjiuU);

4UVp1aQjiuU

Also a GT video but don't know hwo to embed those:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/x10-mission-perfect-dark/61889

Kazenji
Does anyone have problems with Doom freezing up ?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
Does anyone have problems with Doom freezing up ?
Not me. erm When/how often does it happen for you?

Also, still waiting for Killer Instinct.

Zack Fair
Perfect Dark is gonna rock

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not me. erm When/how often does it happen for you?

When i decide to go back the main Menu in the game and also when i finish an episode

i've even deleted and downloaded it again still does it.

Ridley_Prime
mmm That's odd. Never happened to me or anyone else I know on Doom. Might be your system...

Kazenji
But For some strange reason when i'm on logged onto xbox live its fine.

Ridley_Prime
Are you able to keep your Doom progress saved? And is it like the game that freezes or the whole system? Either way, I would kinda suggest contacting Microsoft about it if it happens again.

Kazenji
Are you able to keep your Doom progress saved?

Yes

I've contacted Microsoft did'nt get anywhere with it felt like i was speaking chinese to them when i've cleary said what was happening.

Zack Fair
Perfect Dark will be released on march 17.

I cannot wait! *Fanboygasm* I remember playing this game many, many hours when I was in highschool. PD and GoldenEye warmed me up to FPSers until Halo...which then made me a FPSholic.

Its going to rock. 4v4 split screen with online featuring co-op, counter co-op and even 8 players vs a bazillion bots. Plus every mode available before; 1080p at 60 fps; and all those wicked weapons from the game.

jinXed by JaNx
Yes

I've contacted Microsoft did'nt get anywhere with it felt like i was speaking chinese to them when i've cleary said what was happening.

I think that's because the microsoft techs are chinese. Seriously, any tech problems i have which require a serious inquiry usually always lead me to speaking with someone in a far off country who doesn't appear to know very much about video games.

Kazenji
Nah it was'nt that

i was doing it by email and i told them what the bloody problem was and when i got the replies kept on saying stuff about the lights on the console and other i just gave up on it.

Kazenji
Just downloaed The Dishwasher Dead Samurai

Anyone else tried that game out ?

jinXed by JaNx
Just downloaed The Dishwasher Dead Samurai

Anyone else tried that game out ?

Yeah, i have the Dishwasher. That game is frackin rock hard though. I've been trying to get that multiplayer achievement for ages. My buddy and i can't beat the last level to save our lives laughing out loud I found the difficulty pacing to be a kick in the teeth. It goes from...,"alright, this game is gnarly, i can get into this" to...."WHAT THE mad mad mad is this shit mad !! If you ever need someone to play with on that game i'll go through it with you, maybe you're a guru at it and you can help me obtain that multiplayer achievey laughing out loud

Kazenji
I've only just got up to the second level and **** its hard only playing it on normal.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, the single player, is another story in itself. You really have to be a hardcore motherfo to get that samurai achievement lol

Kazenji
Theres a sequel on its way

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

gYwesyxvF5k

Morridini
Just played some Perfect Dark on my 360. So freaking cool, been such a long time. And the 360 controller works great!

Oh and also, it comes with two Avatar rewards, suddenly got myself a Perfect Dark T-Shirt from playing some multiplayer on Complex.

S_D_J
Just played some Perfect Dark on my 360. So freaking cool, been such a long time. And the 360 controller works great!

Oh and also, it comes with two Avatar rewards, suddenly got myself a Perfect Dark T-Shirt from playing some multiplayer on Complex.

just like they give you stuff on PSHome stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Tried the demo. Now I feel uber bad about spending the 800 microsoft points I had. Looks so great. Makes the original look like a 64 game lol.

Kickass Rare! about fkn time. Been waiting for PD on Live for a long time.

Morridini
Originally posted by S_D_J
just like they give you stuff on PSHome stick out tongue

Ok that was just totaly random. So? This is very rare on the 360 to actualy get Avatar rewards, and it's a lot better then anything you get at home since this you can acualy see within 3 seconds of logging on.

Kazenji
Does anyone now how to turn off automatic renewal?

and yes i've read up on but the 'On' link is'nt working.

Wei Phoenix
Tried the demo. Now I feel uber bad about spending the 800 microsoft points I had. Looks so great. Makes the original look like a 64 game lol.

Kickass Rare! about fkn time. Been waiting for PD on Live for a long time.

Quit waiting and get it. I'll be waiting with a Cyclone!

Zack Fair
Just got it. So good to play the classic~! Too bad the online is laggy. Hope Rare/4J patch it soon. This game is still fun after 10 years, even if it is dated in some aspects. Still funnier than 80% of the shooters out there and the gunplay feels satisfying. After playing for an hour it was so easy to remember why I loved this game so much back in highschool. Even today it still has more content than most games out there, and the multiplayer options are still numerous.

It just sucks how PDZero was no where close to the original.

Wei Phoenix
Just got it. So good to play the classic~! Too bad the online is laggy. Hope Rare/4J patch it soon. This game is still fun after 10 years, even if it is dated in some aspects. Still funnier than 80% of the shooters out there and the gunplay feels satisfying. After playing for an hour it was so easy to remember why I loved this game so much back in highschool. Even today it still has more content than most games out there, and the multiplayer options are still numerous.

It just sucks how PDZero was no where close to the original.

When playing online for the first time did you try to sprint or jump at all?

Zack Fair
I didn't try to sprint nor run because I remembered the formula. However when I played PDZ almost 3 years ago I did try to jump, and got pissed for a sec and then remembered it was PD.

I got me the PD shirt! BTW is it just me or does this game have more soul than most current shooters?

jalek moye
I didn't try to sprint nor run because I remembered the formula. However when I played PDZ almost 3 years ago I did try to jump, and got pissed for a sec and then remembered it was PD.

I got me the PD shirt! BTW is it just me or does this game have more soul than most current shooters?

I had the most fun I've had in a shooter in years when i played this with Wei and some peoplea few days ago. So I say yes.

and I never played it before so It couldn't be nostalgia

Wei Phoenix

We should play this tonight!

S_D_J
Ok that was just totaly random. So? This is very rare on the 360 to actualy get Avatar rewards, and it's a lot better then anything you get at home since this you can acualy see within 3 seconds of logging on.

I was just kidding

I haven't been on Live since last November, I never renew my suscription and I really don't plan on doing so... at the moment.

And to be perfectly honest that was the first time I ever heard of Avatar rewards being hand out by a game no expression

Guess I've been off line for too long

Kazenji

And it also plays like Timesplitters.

Morridini
Originally posted by jalek moye
and I never played it before so It couldn't be nostalgia

I agree, and I was kinda worried about that. I was a huge perfect Dark fan back in the days, so I was kinda afraid that when I finally returned to it, I would discover that it really wasn't that great (like a lot of other nostalgic moments turn out), but now, I see that nostalgia didn't really play a role, it's one awesome game.

Also, it's bloody hard on Perfect Agent, the regenerating health in todays games have spoiled me.

Kazenji
Has anyone got the "Act Your Age, Joanna" achivement

how do you get it ?

Morridini
In the fourth mission, after shutting down the windgenerator you'll see a lot of wine bottles on the shelves. Destroy all the wine, and you get it.

Kazenji
Twisted Pixel's(The Maw, Splosian Man) next game....Comic Jumper

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25431

Kazenji
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/the-insanely-good-looking-insanely-twisted-shadow-planet-is-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade/

jinXed by JaNx
Twisted Pixel's(The Maw, Splosian Man) next game....Comic Jumper

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25431

thanks for the update on this. I love twisted pixel. I'll be looking forward to this.

I've been playing, Toy soldiers and Game room recently

I'm really loving Game room. It's not a game you can play for an extended period of time but the challenge mode and arcade customization really makes this game a blast to play. I've been having challenge battles with my friends. I would like to see this challenge feature be implemented into more games.

Toy soldiers..,not much to say, it's an incredible game. Another classic for Live arcade. This is one of those must owns.

Anyone else own, Game room or, Toy soldiers? If so add me and we'll duel (ragesRemorse)

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Anyone else own, Game room or, Toy soldiers? If so add me and we'll duel (ragesRemorse)

I own Game room not sure if i've added you.

Ridley_Prime
Aww, hell yes. One of my prayers have been answered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj8fm1VRajs

I just hope this time you'll actually get the achievements when playing online with someone (besides the versus ones). Like the avatar awards though.

No End N Site
Can't wait for Jet Grind/Radio to get on Live! Been hyped ever since I heard the rumor.

Ridley_Prime
Don't bother getting hyped over a rumor until it's confirmed to be true. erm

Doom II for the win. Doomguy Space Suit on your XBLA avatar for the epic win. 131

No End N Site
Don't bother getting hyped over a rumor until it's confirmed to be true. erm

There were pictures of it on Kotaku...I was hyped about the rumor and max hyped after seein' the leak.

Kazenji

Doom II for the win. Doomguy Space Suit on your XBLA avatar for the epic win. 131

Hooray !!

lets hope it does'nt have a problem like the first one.

Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah, that too. mmm

Kazenji
Anyone tried Zombie Apocalypse ?

because its the deal of the week for this week.

Warden
I might buy mvc 2 I can't decide

Kazenji
Just found out Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project will be coming to Xbox
live

the same one that got released on PC back in 2002.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>