Loki full power vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
Who wins Loki as it full power

Murda Mase
Loki

kgkg
SS wins big grin

DigiMark007
Loki has a "full power"?? He's not as dependant on prep as some...most of his power is relatively inherent.

Mider
does Lokis asgradian magic match up to the SS power cosmic? Remeber then SS fought Odin he went down in two seconds Loki held his own against Surter alot longer and was quite impressive. I think it took both thor and odin to take down surter

DigiMark007
I personally think it would be a hella-close fight, but I don't know enough about either character to back that up.

The majority will probably side with Surfer. But when Loki's not being a coward or jobbing to Thor he actually has some good showings. And I could swear that this fight happened in a comic once....I just can't remember where or what happened.

JohnR
I'll give the nod to Loki, but I think their fights will usually be stalemates.

JOE NUNEZ
I always put gods on top of demi gods....loki wins.

JOE NUNEZ
IT was proven to me after i saw dc ares man handle the justice league...

leonheartmm
loki.

olympian
Nods to Loki.

Mindship
Did not Loki and SS come to a draw in the very first SS vs Thor fight? And that was Surfer with only a fraction of his original power.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Mindship
Did not Loki and SS come to a draw in the very first SS vs Thor fight? And that was Surfer with only a fraction of his original power. That's true. Thor can beat Loki in battle, so I'd expect Surfer could do the same. If Loki gets time to prep, then the odds shift in his favor.

leonidas
Did not Loki and SS come to a draw in the very first SS vs Thor fight? And that was Surfer with only a fraction of his original power.

how do you figure he was only at a fraction of his original power? confused

loki was looking for someone to kill thor. he found ss. to test ss he battled him himself. they stalemated in a greco-roman knuckle lock. loki tricked ss and sent him to asgard to kill thor and AMPED ss's power with his own! that first thor/ss battle, thor held his own against a ss who also had LOKI'S power! at the end, thor uses a fist to smash a power cosmic field, and ss admits thor was holding back in the fight and that thor's magic was GREATER than his own power cosmic.

now, before kg gets his undies in a rush, ss has since been shown to have increased his power, somehow, but i still side with thor in the overall power department.

what's all that mean??

means this is a very close fight . . . stick out tongue

i'll side very slightly with loki because of magic and intelligence. i think loki is capable of out-thinking ss and getting the wins.

Diunic
Loki wins! No doubt. As Leonidas said SS was humiliated by Thor without the Odinforce.

Mindship
Originally posted by leonidas
how do you figure he was only at a fraction of his original power? confused

The Surfer which debuted in his first title had been depowered twice. First by Galactus for betraying him (FF#50, was it?); then he really got whammied by the sonic shark in FF#72. In fact, the scuttlebut at the time was that the reason Surfer was depowered in FF#72 was to prepare him for his own title. In other words, it was a way of making him less powerful so writing stories and believable challenges for him, while Earthbound, would be possible.

Diunic
Loki wins anyway man!!

leonidas
he wasn't 'depowered' to my knowledge in ff50. he was stranded, but that doesn't equate to 'depowered'. i also thought the shark incident was a solitary one (ie -- was relevent only to that issue). do you have any actual in-comic proof mindship, to add some credence to these claims? i'll admit to never having heard of either one being used before as claims that ss was depowered early on. don't forget, in those first issues, he battled the stranger and mephisto, 2 very heavy hitters . . .

Diunic
Great reply Leo.

kgkg
Originally posted by Diunic
Loki wins anyway man!! Wow great argument wink

It’s a proven fact that SS was much weaker in his early showing as I have shown many times.

If I remember correctly Loki best weapon couldn’t stop SS later on when he tried to kill Thor with Durok.

Like I have said SS went from a powerful hero ( at that stage)

To a one of the strongest in the multiverse directly stated in his own comics.

As i have shown in the past Simple Cosmic Blast nearly Killed Thor smile , SS actually Killed Durok ......... Someone who Loki and Thor feared cuz of his power

Am not saying this will be walk in the park for Surfer………..But I don’t see him loosing this to Loki …….Someone who regularly looses to Thor.

kgkg
he wasn't 'depowered' to my knowledge in ff50. he was stranded, but that doesn't equate to 'depowered'. i also thought the shark incident was a solitary one (ie -- was relevent only to that issue). do you have any actual in-comic proof mindship, to add some credence to these claims? i'll admit to never having heard of either one being used before as claims that ss was depowered early on. don't forget, in those first issues, he battled the stranger and mephisto, 2 very heavy hitters . . .
He battled both Mephisto , and Strange ....... (both of them were acting retarded trying to use physical atk on SS)

Much later he defeated Mephisto ......... see the difference.

demigawd
I dunno, they both have pretty crappy records against Thor....heh heh

Diunic
That's not suppose to mean he would beat Loki, to defeat Mephisto is easy if you have noble soul that he doesn't have power to handle

kgkg
That's not suppose to mean he would beat Loki, to defeat Mephisto is easy if you have noble soul that he doesn't have power to handle lol not only mephisto

here is the list:

-Stalemated Korvac ( galactus lvl)
-Defeated Mephisto
-Defeated Enslaver ( someone who was powerful Enough to beat marvel earth by himself ( meaning THor , Hulk , IM , etc)
-Defeated Durok ( someone who destroyed Thor........he was said to be more powerful than THor , and Loki)
list goes on

Mindship

In FF#50, Galactus said "I remove your space-time powers!" While not a depowering in the now-surfer-fires-smaller-cosmic-bolts sense, it is still a loss of power in terms of overall ability (there was no Galactian Barrier at first).
At the end of FF#72, the Surfer commented that the shark "...almost totally drained me...of my cosmic power! Thus I stand before you...no longer invincible." The implication (IMO) is that this was permanent.
In FF#74, as the Surfer fires a bolt at Galactus' Punisher, he says, "Though my own power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."
In FF#76, while battling the FF in Sub-Atomica, the Surfer monologues, "Though I no longer possess the limitless powers of the cosmos--still am I the Silver Surfer!"
It was around the time FF#77 came out, that SS#1 appeared.

As to why this depowering was pretty much forgotten...honestly, I don't know. My guess is that it was just convenient for the writers, probably not too different from how Superman's power levels have varied, depending on the story and how to make it exciting.

Diunic
I agree SS is very powerful even if he was depowered, but I don't think he can defeat Loki. Also that doesn't mean SS would be easily defeated but he would lose this one.

leonidas
In FF#50, Galactus said "I remove your space-time powers!" While not a depowering in the now-surfer-fires-smaller-cosmic-bolts sense, it is still a loss of power in terms of overall ability (there was no Galactian Barrier at first).
At the end of FF#72, the Surfer commented that the shark "...almost totally drained me...of my cosmic power! Thus I stand before you...no longer invincible." The implication (IMO) is that this was permanent.
In FF#74, as the Surfer fires a bolt at Galactus' Punisher, he says, "Though my own power is but a fraction of what it once had been..."
In FF#76, while battling the FF in Sub-Atomica, the Surfer monologues, "Though I no longer possess the limitless powers of the cosmos--still am I the Silver Surfer!"
It was around the time FF#77 came out, that SS#1 appeared.

As to why this depowering was pretty much forgotten...honestly, I don't know. My guess is that it was just convenient for the writers, probably not too different from how Superman's power levels have varied, depending on the story and how to make it exciting.

hmm, that's interesting. i don't have that arc you're referring to. but for the removal of the space time abilities, that was just a way to say he couldn't leave earth i always thought.

i suppose what you're saying is possible mindship, though i'm still a bit in doubt. did his powers simply expand over an indefinite period of time then? there really wasn't any 'end' to this 'depowered' era, that i know of, so . . . when did he 'regain' his powers? i'll buy your argument as regards his time on earth, but once he was back in space, he seemed to have been back to himself -- ie - when he got his own series.

as far as beating mephisto -- mephisto has owned ss almost everytime. ss's power in any era has proven to be well below mephisto's. hell, mephisto melted him!

Maestro
I would give the majority to Loki only on the reasoning that SS is pretty vulnerable to magic, and Loki has that in spades, without prep.

Sir Whirlysplat
Of course Silver Surfer actually gave "Life" to Quasimodo whilst depowered!!!

leonidas
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Of course Silver Surfer actually gave "Life" to Quasimodo whilst depowered!!!

damn whirly, nice! i'd completely forgotten that . . .

i take it then we both agree that ss didn't seem to be depowered at the time that first series came about . . .? wink

Diunic
Yeah!!! Galactus was probably talking about the fact that SS was forbidden to left earth by the Big G force field. And there is no way Mephisto can be compared to SS in terms of power, he's immeasurable more powerful.

kgkg
Yeah!!! Galactus was probably talking about the fact that SS was forbidden to left earth by the Big G force field. And there is no way Mephisto can be compared to SS in terms of power, he's immeasurable more powerful.
You don't need to me Mephistos level to beat loki

leonidas
that's definitely true, kg. i do think it's a close fight. ss may be more powerful, i just think loki is a clever sob and his brains would get him a couple wins.

DigiMark007
Good! Loki needs some freakin' respect around here. All anyone knows him for is jobbing to Thor. It's about time he was grouped with the likes of Surfer...even if SS is the slight favorite if they fought.

Mindship
damn whirly, nice! i'd completely forgotten that . . .

Yeah, I have that one, too. Basically, he gave Quas mobility. Nice little story.

i take it then we both agree that ss didn't seem to be depowered at the time that first series came about . . .? wink

I'm not sure what the writers were planning, except, again, as I mentioned in a prior post, the Surfer might've been too powerful as a main character, being Earthbound. More likely, I think it was just the writer version of pushing stuff under the carpet, hoping it goes away.

I'm also not sure where this first appeared, but the Galactian Barrier was not the initial means by which SS was confined to Earth. This appears to have been a later invention (maybe it was intro'd when Doom had stolen SS's powers?)

I have large gaps in my knowledge of Surfer history, though my impression has been that, after he was free from Earth (in the 1980s?), he was full "re-empowered" (if by implication and not explicitly stated). In any event, to return to thread topic: when he fought Loki, it would seem--by continuity--that he was not the powerhouse he initially was.

Diunic
That's true you don't need to be Mephisto level to handle Loki. But that's not the point. Loki is a GOD. SS is nothing comparing to him. SS has very nice heavy cosmic energies to trow at him, but then Loki can become intangible. That said, compare each other powers and just take matter manipulation as an example of Loki's superiority. SS loses 9/10.
HEIL LOKI WOLFFATHER! HEIL!HEIL!HEIL!
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

JohnR
All of this talk about Silver Surfer's power has convinced me. I'm going from Loki 5.1/10 to Loki 8.6/10.

Diunic
ANd that's great!

Maestro
This thread pretty much shows how Loki is underappreciated on the forum, I smell a respect thread happening sometime soon. yes

DigiMark007
^^ I'd love to see one done well. He needs it....and I have exactly 1 showing of his (in a Spidey comic) despite having read some stuff occasionally. Not exactly great respect-thread material though.

Diunic
Totally agree.

Maestro
Originally posted by DigiMark007
^^ I'd love to see one done well. He needs it....and I have exactly 1 showing of his (in a Spidey comic) despite having read some stuff occasionally. Not exactly great respect-thread material though.

At least its a start i guess, ill digg up my Thor comics tomorrow and see what i can find to contribute.

The Ion
It's pretty hard to make a respect thread for villains considering their job is to lose.

Diunic
I like you man!

Maestro
Originally posted by The Ion
It's pretty hard to make a respect thread for villains considering their job is to lose.

They usually have decent enough showings/feats before losing though.

Diunic
NOT JUST THAT BUT THEY HAVE THE GREATEST FEATS EVENTHOUGH THEY ALWAYS LOSE as matter of fact that's exactly why they almost always have the bigger showings.

His Airness
Loki takes a few.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.