domestic violence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chedder Fart..1
why does a home become a place to fear?

who are the ones to blame.

debbiejo
It's an ego problem....Submission by dominance.....From what I've read there is some sort of abuse in 1 out of ever 3 house holds here in the US...Kinda makes staring out your window while driving a little more imaginary.

PVS
if people learned to STFU there would be no domestic violence

JUST JOKING!!!!! eek! *dodges rotten vegitables*

Zebina
Originally posted by Chedder Fart..1
who are the ones to blame.

Ones to blame? As in "Why does a person become violent?"

It's a number of reasons.

The most common is that the person was abused physically and/or verbally.

Example:

Lets say that a boy has been abused since birth basically; Well, as he gets older and the abuse continues, he'll want "revenge" so to speak. He'll want to have others feel the same fear that he felt all his life. He'll want to be that man that "lays down the law".

Another reason is that the child of the same sex as the abusing parent watches the parent abuse their spouse and begins to believe that that is the way you're suppose to act.

There are hundreds of reasons. But there's a couple of the most common for you.

botankus
whow can i change my name!!!

HOW CAN I CHANGE MY NAME!!

PLEASE!>> INFO>>PLEASE!!!!!!

Here's the link, Mr. Cheddar Fart.. And please hurry!

Chedder Fart..1
^ yeah, that's what my brother said. he talked about his class and said almost the same thing.

Zebina
^ yeah, that's what my brother said. he talked about his class and said almost the same thing.

Huh? Said the same thing about what? confused

Chedder Fart..1
he has a class for human services

Makedde
Domestic violence pisses me off, I hate it when women, who have abused for years by their sick husbands, finally break and kill them, then get hauled into court charged with murder.

soleran30
Originally posted by Makedde
Domestic violence pisses me off, I hate it when women, who have abused for years by their sick husbands, finally break and kill them, then get hauled into court charged with murder.

Yeah and I hate when men who have been abused for years and years do the same..............lol numerically women have it worse however that doesn't exclude men.

Alpha Centauri
You'd think the logical female defense would be "It makes me sick that these females stick around and suffer."

I'm aware it's not that simple but it's a much more logical argument than saying, more or less "I wish they didn't get sent to jail for a crime they committed."

-AC

soleran30
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You'd think the logical female defense would be "It makes me sick that these females stick around and suffer."

I'm aware it's not that simple but it's a much more logical argument than saying, more or less "I wish they didn't get sent to jail for a crime they committed."

-AC

Wouldn't it be to easy though if everything was logicalsmile Relationships=emotion which I realise you know but its my low shot at this discussionsmile

Makedde
Originally posted by soleran30
Yeah and I hate when men who have been abused for years and years do the same..............lol numerically women have it worse however that doesn't exclude men.

Men are physically more stronger than women, though. I do believe that men, if they are being beaten around by a woman, could easily defend themsleves.

Alpha Centauri
So it's ok for a woman to do it? See this is what annoys me about male/female violence.

I've never hit a girl, but if there's a guy being pummelled by a woman purely because she believes "I'm a girl, you can't hit me", and he socks her back...let's be fair, what did she expect? No woman deserves beatings, but if a guy hits a woman once in self defense, he's going down to chinatown isn't he?

-AC

Deano
when i was out one night, this one woman was punchin this bloke repeatedly ,and he was just standing there. she finally threw one puch to many and he just banged her out.

harsh but fair

Makedde
So it's ok for a woman to do it? See this is what annoys me about male/female violence.

I've never hit a girl, but if there's a guy being pummelled by a woman purely because she believes "I'm a girl, you can't hit me", and he socks her back...let's be fair, what did she expect? No woman deserves beatings, but if a guy hits a woman once in self defense, he's going down to chinatown isn't he?

-AC

No, of course not, but some men are just gutless.

I remember, about a year ago, a man was put on trial for killing his wife. He argued she had provoked him. Okay, she never hit him, but she had been having an affair, told him to his face that she was having it off with his best friend, and that he (the defendant) was lousy and bed, and sex with him made her sick. He lost control and killed her. I don't blame him for doing that, I would have belted her too.

I don't condone violence against women, not I condone it against women. I just believe, IMO, mind you, that men, being more strong than women, could defend themselves if they wanted to.

A woman threatens a man saying that if he leaves her, she'll kill him? He can leave. Men and more likely to commit murder than women.

Just my opinion, I think men can defend themselves.

soleran30
lol I lived about 15 miles from the bobbets. You know the case where a wife cut off her husbands d#ick and threw it in a field because of how he treated her. He was asleep and they found it and fixed him my point is anywhere anytime you can never guess what will happen and women are as capable as mensmile

Alpha Centauri
No, of course not, but some men are just gutless.

I remember, about a year ago, a man was put on trial for killing his wife. He argued she had provoked him. Okay, she never hit him, but she had been having an affair, told him to his face that she was having it off with his best friend, and that he (the defendant) was lousy and bed, and sex with him made her sick. He lost control and killed her. I don't blame him for doing that, I would have belted her too.

You don't blame him for killing her...because you would have BELTED her? What I've gathered of your mentality is, "If I agree with it, it's fine."

You amaze me with every post, in the worst way.

I don't condone violence against women

You do condone violence against women, you just said you didn't blame the man for KILLING her. What's going on in your mind, Mak?

A woman threatens a man saying that if he leaves her, she'll kill him? He can leave. Men and more likely to commit murder than women.

Just my opinion, I think men can defend themselves.

Don't know if I have the spirit left to even deal with this, but I'll try.

Where did you extract that info?

-AC

Makedde
Men are stronger than women.

It's okay to me if a woman kills her abusive husband. Pat her on the back for it.

soleran30
Men are stronger than women.

It's okay to me if a woman kills her abusive husband. Pat her on the back for it.

and your against abortions..............whats wrong with your morality.

Alpha Centauri
I was thinking the same thing, Sol. Not too sure she's playing with a full deck.

-AC

LethalFemme
physical violence is never the answer.................now self defense can get a little iffy when it involves the opposite sex I myself am all for self defense regardless but, men do have the shorter end of the stick when it comes to this sitch for the simple fact how this world tends to portray them compared to women. But as for who's to blame there can be and most likely are a lot of pieces to the puzzle that can lead up to this such as an abusive childhood, etc but at the end of the day it's the person who does the hitting and for the record women can be just as violent as men for instance I saw this episode of Dr. Phil once when they were discussing and showing women abuse their husbands physically. No matter who does it to who it's not right and not necessary.

Makedde
There is a woman here on trial for killing her abusive husband. She was married to him for 17 years, and during that time, he beat her daily, raped her, tied her up and treated her like a sex slave. She had enough and killed him. She's on trial for murder because she wasn't defending herself at the time. It would have been okay if she killed him while he was beating her, or raping her, but the courts are too stupid to realise you can't kill someone when you're being attacked, or raped.

This poor women was tortured for 17 long years, treated like dirt by the man she married, the man she once loved.

I have no sympathy for this man at all, he got what he deserved. This brave woman not only protected herself against the likes of him, she protected other women.

Now she may go to jail for killing him. If she does, it would be as if the courts condone this sort of violence. People seem to think that if you are being abused, you can just leave. It doesn't work like that. Women are tortured, they are told that if they leave, no one will ever love them, everyone hates them. Their self esteem is ripped away, and when they finally break down, have had enough, they get hauled into court and punished.

Pathetic.

DiamondBullets
Aint nuttin' wrong witta well-deserved pimp-slap!

Makedde
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Aint nuttin' wrong witta well-deserved pimp-slap!

So you condone this? stick out tongue

DiamondBullets
So you condone this? stick out tongue

pimpyes

Makedde
pimpyes

At least someone here does. wink

Alpha Centauri
So by your rationale it's ok to let shit get to a ridiculous point, then kill your way out of it?

I hope you realise how much you're invalidating yourself.

-AC

Makedde
So by your rationale it's ok to let shit get to a ridiculous point, then kill your way out of it?

I hope you realise how much you're invalidating yourself.

-AC

As you are not a woman, you have no idea what it is like to be abused by a man.

Alpha Centauri

Answer my question.

So by your rationale it's ok for a woman to take years and years of abuse, without making an attempt at getting out, by killing their way out?

-AC

K.Diddy
I hit my wife all the time, it makes me feel tough smile

DiamondBullets
Answer my question.

So by your rationale it's ok for a woman to take years and years of abuse, without making an attempt at getting out, by killing their way out?

-AC

The U.S. Supreme Court recently passed Battered Woman Syndrome as valid in a court of law. So a woman who shoots her alcoholic husband who beats her on a daily basis was merely acting in self-defense outta fear of her life.

^These cases are particularly common on Indian Reservations.

Alpha Centauri
The U.S. Supreme Court recently passed Battered Woman Syndrome as valid in a court of law. So a woman who shoots her alcoholic husband who beats her on a daily basis was merely acting in self-defense outta fear of her life.

^These cases are particularly common on Indian Reservations.

Doesn't answer my question. I was asking Makedde if she agrees that it's ok to let things get out of hand then kill your way out, rather than making continual effort, if she believes this is a reasonable course of action. Nobody can answer that but her.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak

What are you, half retarded? Do you know who the number one abuser and muderer of males is? OTHER MEN. In fact, men attack other men MORE than they attack women! Look it up

I'm not saying its right to attack a woman, but women are by no means special in that category. Men are the most violent gender, to anyone and everything

Makedde
Answer my question.

-AC

Not when she is told by her abuser that she will be killed if she dares to leave. Her life or her sick **** of a husband?

As I said, these women are so emotionally damaged, they are unable to seek help, they lack the courage.

Makedde
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
What are you, half retarded? Do you know who the number one abuser and muderer of males is? OTHER MEN. In fact, men attack other men MORE than they attack women! Look it up

This is domestic violence, meaning man beating up his wife, not men being randomly attacked by other men.

Makedde
Doesn't answer my question. I was asking Makedde if she agrees that it's ok to let things get out of hand then kill your way out, rather than making continual effort, if she believes this is a reasonable course of action. Nobody can answer that but her.

-AC

Women will often forgive their spouses for hitting them. They pull the 'I love you, it'll never happen again' and women believe it. By the time they'd want to get out, it's too late.

And I see nothing wrong with a woman killing her abusive husband, if she is in fear for her life, and believes she has no other option. It is not her fault she was abused.

Alpha Centauri
Not when she is told by her abuser that she will be killed if she dares to leave. Her life or her sick **** of a husband?

Bullshit. How can the man kill her if she's gone far away, informed the police etc? Is he omnipotent?

As I said, these women are so emotionally damaged, they are unable to seek help, they lack the courage.

They aren't unable to seek help, they just don't think they can. If they knew they could I'm sure they would.

Women will often forgive their spouses for hitting them. They pull the 'I love you, it'll never happen again' and women believe it. By the time they'd want to get out, it's too late.

Wait....why are the women free from blame then? That's a stupid way of dealing with home abuse. If you're stupid enough to believe the "I love you" trick after the man has just turned your face into a hamburger, then you've got serious issues.

And I see nothing wrong with a woman killing her abusive husband, if she is in fear for her life, and believes she has no other option. It is not her fault she was abused.

It's not her fault she was abused so as a result it's ok to commit murder if she's had a bad life? Be VERY careful how you answer.

-AC

DiamondBullets
Wait....why are the women free from blame then? That's a stupid way of dealing with home abuse. If you're stupid enough to believe the "I love you" trick after the man has just turned your face into a hamburger, then you've got serious issues.

^It's called the Honeymoon Phase, and is a regular part of an abusive relationship.

In the U.S., Battered Woman Syndrome is legally defined as a form of phsychosis and is admissable in a court of law. I don't if it is in the UK or Australia.

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't disprove my claim much. Run through all the psychology in the world and you'll never convince me that a man beating a woman up, then saying "I love you", is some kind of redemption. Anyone should see that.

Alas, it does happen.

-AC

DiamondBullets
Its not a legit form of redemption to you or I, but in those women's warped minds it is. erm

Alpha Centauri
I can understand that and I do respect that it happens, but it's not like a guy being a drinker is it?

The man is beating on you. Nothing say "I love you" less than a beating.

-AC

Makedde
Bullshit. How can the man kill her if she's gone far away, informed the police etc? Is he omnipotent?

Often the woman is scared. Even if the police lock the guy up, she is still afraid he will kill her. They can't help but be scared.

They aren't unable to seek help, they just don't think they can. If they knew they could I'm sure they would.

Correct. They can't seek help. Their abusive husband has conditioned them into staying with them. Women don't seek help simply because they are too afraid.

It happens. Women go back to their abusive husbands all the time, no matter what has happened to them. In a weird way, they love these men, even though they are beaten by them. They should not be allowed to kill and get away with it, but jail time is too excessive.

It's not her fault she was abused so as a result it's ok to commit murder if she's had a bad life? Be VERY careful how you answer.

It's not okay to commit murder. Every murder is different. People kill for all sorts of reasons. They don't kill just for the fun of it. People kill loved ones to free them from pain, people lose control and lash out, and may kill someone unintentionally, people kill because they are defending themselves. Women kill their husbands because to them, they feel that the only way out of an abusive relationship is to kill. We cannot blame them for thinking this way. We shouldnot condone what they have done, but understand them, and offer them advice on what to do if they ever find themselves in the same situation.

Did you know that many women, after leaving abusive relationships, walk straight into another one? These women think they deserve to be hit, that it is their fault, and they deserve it, that they said something wrong etc. No woman should ever think like that, and we shouldn't punish them by locking them away. If we did that, it's like we condone what happened to them.

Bardock42
It's not okay to commit murder. Every murder is different. People kill for all sorts of reasons. They don't kill just for the fun of it. People kill loved ones to free them from pain, people lose control and lash out, and may kill someone unintentionally, people kill because they are defending themselves. Women kill their husbands because to them, they feel that the only way out of an abusive relationship is to kill. We cannot blame them for thinking this way. We shouldnot condone what they have done, but understand them, and offer them advice on what to do if they ever find themselves in the same situation.

Did you know that many women, after leaving abusive relationships, walk straight into another one? These women think they deserve to be hit, that it is their fault, and they deserve it, that they said something wrong etc. No woman should ever think like that, and we shouldn't punish them by locking them away. If we did that, it's like we condone what happened to them.

People kill for the fun of it...we shouldn't blame them for thinking that way ....

THey are not punished for walking into abusive relationships they are punished if they kill their partner..that is quite a difference is it not?

Alpha Centauri
Often the woman is scared. Even if the police lock the guy up, she is still afraid he will kill her. They can't help but be scared.

Well then that's irrationality through emotion. It's not like they can't get away, literally.

Correct. They can't seek help. Their abusive husband has conditioned them into staying with them. Women don't seek help simply because they are too afraid.

Being too afraid to do something and literally not having the means are two different things.

It happens. Women go back to their abusive husbands all the time, no matter what has happened to them. In a weird way, they love these men, even though they are beaten by them. They should not be allowed to kill and get away with it, but jail time is too excessive.

Murder is murder. If you do a crime that can be labelled murder, you do the time.

This is why you're a hypocrite. You're pro-killing when it suits you but then you say murder is wrong etc.

Killing unintentionally isn't murder, euthanasia then...isn't murder. Murder is a very specific crime, not all killing is murder. However, if a woman is getting screamed at by her husband and she kills him, it's still murder. She struck him with intent to kill, with malice. She committed murder so she does the time for murder, simple as. You need to sort out your legal definitions before you go labelling things ok or not.

I totally understand WHY she did it, but she still did it.

It doesn't mean they should get off lightly with murder.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
This is domestic violence, meaning man beating up his wife, not men being randomly attacked by other men.

Have you forgotten that men can be in relationships with other men? The same thing goes on. If you think it only happens to women you are really naive. and im putting it lightly. even so, the attack isnt random 90% of the time anyway, they look for someone weaker than them so they get more confident when they beat him up.

stop acting like women are the only ones in the world who get abused

Zebina
There is a woman here on trial for killing her abusive husband. She was married to him for 17 years, and during that time, he beat her daily, raped her, tied her up and treated her like a sex slave. She had enough and killed him. She's on trial for murder because she wasn't defending herself at the time. It would have been okay if she killed him while he was beating her, or raping her, but the courts are too stupid to realise you can't kill someone when you're being attacked, or raped.

This poor women was tortured for 17 long years, treated like dirt by the man she married, the man she once loved.

I have no sympathy for this man at all, he got what he deserved. This brave woman not only protected herself against the likes of him, she protected other women.

Now she may go to jail for killing him. If she does, it would be as if the courts condone this sort of violence. People seem to think that if you are being abused, you can just leave. It doesn't work like that. Women are tortured, they are told that if they leave, no one will ever love them, everyone hates them. Their self esteem is ripped away, and when they finally break down, have had enough, they get hauled into court and punished.

Pathetic.

She's being punished because she committed a serious crime.

If she was being abused why didn't she leave?
She this is the part of my job I HATE. Have to deal with the deaths of abused women.

Not to be harsh, but most abused women make me SICK. Like the woman you're talking about for insist. She endured his abuse for SEVENTEEN YEARS! Is she really that stupid. She could've left him, gotten a restraining order and stayed a battered womens home, or a girlfriends house, or a family members house.

And FYI women can leave, I see it all the time. I've seen women go into shelters and they were half dead and she'd be screaming about her husband being on her heels.

I'm sorry, but I'd have to say that women do get off easier than men. If a man slaps a women, BAM he's in jail. Woman slaps a man...nothing.

You can't just wake up one day and decide that you had had enough and kill him. If you want to get away, leave.

Self esteem isn't as important as your life. Love isn't as important as your life. And why would you believe a man that beats and rapes you?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Zebina
Not to be harsh, but most abused women make me SICK. Like the woman you're talking about for insist. She endured his abuse for SEVENTEEN YEARS! Is she really that stupid. She could've left him, gotten a restraining order and stayed a battered womens home, or a girlfriends house, or a family members house.

100% Agree!

All she would have to do is tell a male relative. If any man beats one of my sisters, I'll f*cking maim him! No jokes, ese!

Makedde
She's being punished because she committed a serious crime.

If she was being abused why didn't she leave?
She this is the part of my job I HATE. Have to deal with the deaths of abused women.

And FYI women can leave, I see it all the time. I've seen women go into shelters and they were half dead and she'd be screaming about her husband being on her heels.

I'm sorry, but I'd have to say that women do get off easier than men. If a man slaps a women, BAM he's in jail. Woman slaps a man...nothing.

You can't just wake up one day and decide that you had had enough and kill him. If you want to get away, leave.

Self esteem isn't as important as your life. Love isn't as important as your life. And why would you believe a man that beats and rapes you?

You have obviously never been abused. You might think it's easy to just walk out, but how do you know what a womans state of mind is? You don't, and you will never know until you are in the same situation.

You'd like to think she oculd just leave, it's so easy, she's stupid, but that is just ignorant thinking. You have no idea.

Makedde
However, if a woman is getting screamed at by her husband and she kills him, it's still murder.

If a woman is being beaten by her husbnad, and she kills her husband while he is beating her, that is not murder, it is self defense.

StyleTime
You have obviously never been abused.
Have you?
If a woman is being beaten by her husbnad, and she kills her husband while he is beating her, that is not murder, it is self defense.
This is a viable argument, but Alpha Centauri was talking about a situation where her life wasn't immediately threatened.

I agree.

Makedde
I haven't been abused, but I can understand the situation women are in. They are emotionally ruined, made to believe that they deserve to be hit. If a woman believes that being hit is her own fault, she isn't going to leave, is she?

StyleTime
I not saying you're wrong or right, but you were acting like you had more authority on the subject than Zebina.

Remember when you said this?
You don't, and you will never know until you are in the same situation.
You said it like you had been.

I also believe that it is far more complicated, in the head of the abused woman, than simply leaving her abuser. I also have sympathy for them,but it doesn't change the fact that it's still her fault if she stays.

I don't know many people who want this to happen Makedde, but murder can't be condoned because of some women thinking irrationally.

Sidenote: How do you pronounce your name? I keep saying Mekady. Is it Mekeed? Mukeed? Mekeedy? Mekayd?

Alpha Centauri
I haven't been abused, but I can understand the situation women are in. They are emotionally ruined, made to believe that they deserve to be hit. If a woman believes that being hit is her own fault, she isn't going to leave, is she?

Hahaha. Brb, just getting a quote you said earlier...

...back, here:

You have obviously never been abused. You might think it's easy to just walk out, but how do you know what a womans state of mind is? You don't, and you will never know until you are in the same situation.

I think you should be quiet, just for your own sake. You're fast approaching KMC's biggest and most ridiculous hypocrite.

Telling someone they don't get it, and won't until they're abused, then admitting you haven't been either, is never the best way to wage a debate.

-AC

Zebina
I think you should be quiet, just for your own sake. You're fast approaching KMC's biggest and most ridiculous hypocrite.

Telling someone they don't get it, and won't until they're abused, then admitting you haven't been either, is never the best way to wage a debate.

-AC

Exactly What I was going to say.

Makedde
Hahaha. Brb, just getting a quote you said earlier...

...back, here:

-AC

I don't have to know whats it's like to be abused to know how hard it must be for these women. Your a guy so of course you couldn't possibly imagine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The woman who shot her husband because her abused her for 17 was free on Saturday. She was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter. Now she is free and can rebuild her life, and her arsehole husband can rot in hell.

Bardock42
I don't have to know whats it's like to be abused to know how hard it must be for these women. Your a guy so of course you couldn't possibly imagine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The woman who shot her husband because her abused her for 17 was free on Saturday. She was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter. Now she is free and can rebuild her life, and her arsehole husband can rot in hell.

Holy shit, what kind of sexist thing are you?

Alpha Centauri

Are you on a mission to make everyone believe you have nothing worthwhile to say? You're doing a good job.

You've never been abused so you cannot imagine what it's like.

Disgrace. You are without a doubt THE biggest hypocrite on KMC. You don't know whether killing is bad or good.

You like it when it suits you and hate it when it doesn't. You aren't pro-life, you're pro-self.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

Murder is murder. If you do a crime that can be labelled murder, you do the time.

This is why you're a hypocrite. You're pro-killing when it suits you but then you say murder is wrong etc.

Killing unintentionally isn't murder, euthanasia then...isn't murder. Murder is a very specific crime, not all killing is murder. However, if a woman is getting screamed at by her husband and she kills him, it's still murder. She struck him with intent to kill, with malice. She committed murder so she does the time for murder, simple as. You need to sort out your legal definitions before you go labelling things ok or not.

It wouldn't actually be murder.

Diminished responsibility or provocation manslaughter. Possibly even self-defence. Probable sentence- nothing.

Everyone should just stop mentioning murder.

Makedde
Disgrace. You are without a doubt THE biggest hypocrite on KMC. You don't know whether killing is bad or good.

You like it when it suits you and hate it when it doesn't. You aren't pro-life, you're pro-self.

-AC

You are just a pathetic idiot who thinks that women can just up and leave an abusive relationship, but you are very much wrong. Do you think all the women who kill their abusive husbands wanted to kill them? Of course not, they wanted to leave, but felt they had no choice but to kill in order to be free.

And this woman didn't commit murder, eithor, the law says she didn't, so shove it.

Alpha Centauri
You are just a pathetic idiot

Watch your manners.

who thinks that women can just up and leave an abusive relationship, but you are very much wrong.

I said it's easier than people make it seem. I never said it was EASY. Secondly, you have never been abused, so you would have no clue what abuse is like, using your own words against you.

Do you think all the women who kill their abusive husbands wanted to kill them? Of course not, they wanted to leave, but felt they had no choice but to kill in order to be free.

Of course they wanted to kill them, what the hell are you talking about? What kind of stupid, one-sided sexist brain waves are you surfing?

And this woman didn't commit murder, eithor, the law says she didn't, so shove it.

So? She killed to get out of a relationship, that's ridiculous but you believe it's good, or right.

Moreover, you've just advanced a level in hypocricy. Remember:

"I don't give a damn about the law"? Now you all of a sudden care about it.

-AC

Makedde
Watch your manners.

I am just showing you the same respect as you have shown me.

I said it's easier than people make it seem. I never said it was EASY. Secondly, you have never been abused, so you would have no clue what abuse is like, using your own words against you.

I don't have to know what it is like to know how horrible it must be.

Of course they wanted to kill them, what the hell are you talking about? What kind of stupid, one-sided sexist brain waves are you surfing?

I am sure they would have prefered to just walk out of there, but couldn't, so killing them was what they believed to be their only option. At least they get rid of those scumbags, glad they at least have the guts to do away with them.

So? She killed to get out of a relationship, that's ridiculous but you believe it's good, or right.

I don't think it's good, I think it's justifiable homicide. She killed him so she could escape him. I congratulate her on having the courage to do that.

Moreover, you've just advanced a level in hypocricy. Remember:

"I don't give a damn about the law"? Now you all of a sudden care about it.

-AC

The law has brains in this instance, the law cares about abused women.

Alpha Centauri
I am just showing you the same respect as you have shown me.

I call you an idiot because your posts continually prove such. See below.

I don't have to know what it is like to know how horrible it must be.

Yes, you do actually. How dare you be so patronising and hypocritical as to tell people that they don't know and can't comment unless they've been abused, when you haven't even been abused yourself? That's disrespect far beyond anything else I've seen. A woman has been beaten and you say "It's ok, I know what it must be like. Never happened to me, but I know."

This is why I call you stupid.

I am sure they would have prefered to just walk out of there, but couldn't, so killing them was what they believed to be their only option. At least they get rid of those scumbags, glad they at least have the guts to do away with them.

There isn't an invisible barrier stopping them from leaving, it's not impossible. It's not easy, but it's not impossible and it entirely depends on the woman.

You are obviously some kind of feminist who believes in female empowerment via killing or something.

I don't think it's good, I think it's justifiable homicide. She killed him so she could escape him. I congratulate her on having the courage to do that.

Killing him because it's self-defence and killing him because you just didn't try to get out are two different ball games.

The law has brains in this instance, the law cares about abused women.

No, you like the law when it agrees with you. That's what that is.

-AC

Makedde
There isn't an invisible barrier stopping them from leaving, it's not impossible. It's not easy, but it's not impossible and it entirely depends on the woman.

No barrior, but a man who never lets them out of his sight, who rapes and beats, and abuses daily. Tell me, how does someone escape from a man who never takes his eyes off you, calls you constantly to make sure you are home, threatens to kill you if you dared to leave, and tied you up in the basement each night? How does she leave, huh? Climb out the basement window with her hands tied behind her back?

Alpha Centauri
Tell me, how does someone escape from a man who never takes his eyes off you, calls you constantly to make sure you are home, threatens to kill you if you dared to leave, and tied you up in the basement each night? How does she leave, huh? Climb out the basement window with her hands tied behind her back?

You just answered the question yourself:

"Calls you constantly to make sure you are home."

If you're dumb enough to go home instead of going somewhere you know he won't find you, then I have not an ounce of sympathy for you.

Second, not all abuse cases are involved with the woman held hostage, stop blowing things out of proportion.

-AC

Makedde
You just answered the question yourself:

"Calls you constantly to make sure you are home."

If you're dumb enough to go home instead of going somewhere you know he won't find you, then I have not an ounce of sympathy for you.

Second, not all abuse cases are involved with the woman held hostage, stop blowing things out of proportion.

-AC

This case was like that.

Alpha Centauri
So? We're discussing domestic violence.

Not that single case.

-AC

Zebina
Makedde-
Unless YOU have been in a abusive relationship, you have ABSOLUTELY no room to talk.

I've studied Domestic violence for 5 YEARS, not to mention that I had those books and stories shoved down my throat all my life. You have NO idea what an abusive woman thinks, AT ALL. You're just saying what you THINK a woman in that situation would think.

debbiejo
Many times abused women don't believe they are being abused. They are so conditioned.

Zebina
Originally posted by debbiejo
Many times abused women don't believe they are being abused. They are so conditioned.

Depending on the type of abuse, that can be true. but 90% of the time they know whats going on

soleran30
Depending on the type of abuse, that can be true. but 90% of the time they know whats going on

why not 91 percent of the time

Zebina
why not 91 percent of the time

why not 89% roll eyes (sarcastic)

soleran30
why not 89% roll eyes (sarcastic)

Indeed.........................lol its amazing what people will allow themselves to be put through because they fail to realize they have options.

Zebina
If a woman would flip on a TV every once in a while they'd realize that they had choices

Victor Von Doom
If a woman would flip on a TV every once in a while they'd realize that they had choices

Yeah.

Even more with satellite TV.

Makedde
You have NO idea what an abusive woman thinks, AT ALL. You're just saying what you THINK a woman in that situation would think.

Maybe I have more compassion than any one of you hear, so I can understand what it would be like. Your 5 years study of the subject doesn't prove that women can just up and leave, and even if they do know whats going on, they can't just up and leave, walk out. If you think that, no woman would ever be in an abusive relationship, but so many are, because they can't leave.

Zebina
Maybe I have more compassion than any one of you hear, so I can understand what it would be like. Your 5 years study of the subject doesn't prove that women can just up and leave, and even if they do know whats going on, they can't just up and leave, walk out. If you think that, no woman would ever be in an abusive relationship, but so many are, because they can't leave.

And again that's where you are wrong. THEY CAN. They CHOOSE NOT TO.

I understand why they do, the kids, they're scared of what will happen, etc.

But the truth is THEY CAN LEAVE.

debbiejo
Well many have such low self esteem that they don't think they can do anything on their own. Valueless....don't think anyone else would want them....But there are many different cases.

Yeah, I think many do more for the kids.

Makedde
They can leave and be tracked down and killed, you mean? Why leave when leaving places your life in danger?

debbiejo
They can leave and be tracked down and killed, you mean? Why leave when leaving places your life in danger? Yeah, I knew of a couple cases like that. One woman went to a crisis shelter....The other was murdered.

Zebina
They can leave and be tracked down and killed, you mean? Why leave when leaving places your life in danger?

Do me a favor,

do some research BEFORE you start posting what you think is right.

If a woman goes to a shelter, gets a restraining order, has family, she'll usually be fine

LOTRmatrix
Woman and friend abusing guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=qQNzhOW88jc
gofish.com/userVideoPlayer.gfp?gfid=30-1018043

Enjoy Makedde

Makedde
Do me a favor,

do some research BEFORE you start posting what you think is right.

If a woman goes to a shelter, gets a restraining order, has family, she'll be fine

Shows how much you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Women get killed at shelters, did you know that? Women can go to the police about their abusive husband, but all the cops do is tell her to take out an AVO, which does nothing to protect her.

soleran30
Well they could whack the abusize spouse while not legal it is an option.

I hate talking about people who reffuse to empower themselvesand then live in their own lie and miserable to boot.

Yes Mak that could happen and nothing is perfect however there are laws to help prevent that. If thats the greatest factor then the person leaving the relationship needs to take extra precation when leaving.

Makedde
Originally posted by LOTRmatrix
Woman and friend abusing guy.

Enjoy Makedde

As men are physically more stronger than women, they are more able to defend themselves. Men who allow women to beat them are just wimps.

Zebina
Shows how much you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Women get killed at shelters, did you know that? Women can go to the police about their abusive husband, but all the cops do is tell her to take out an AVO, which does nothing to protect her.

re-read my post sweetie. I said USUALLY.

Nothing is ever for certain.

But 98% percent of all abusive relationships ends in murder if they stay together.

If the woman leaves she has a 80% percent chance of living a normal life.

Now you tell me darling, which one sounds better to you?

LOTRmatrix
2 on 1.
He could be drugged or drunk.
They could have earlier with a weapon.

Guys can get hurt be women.

This guy is.

soleran30

But 98% percent of all abusive relationships ends in murder if they stay together.

Yeah know I couldn't tell you which one is better but I can say with reasonable certainty that 50 percent chance of a normal life are pretty good oddssmile 80 just sweetend the pot even more.

Mak you do realize that not making a choice because you "might" be killed just kinda allows people to justify them staying in a shitastic postion without empowering them.

Makedde

And she leaves the guy, who is still alive, so he can then get himself another punching bag, right? Great, I love the idea of letting some arsehole do that.

soleran30
And she leaves the guy, who is still alive, so he can then get himself another punching bag, right? Great, I love the idea of letting some arsehole do that.

maybe however what we need to look at isn't the behaviour of the guy doing the punching but the women getting punched. I know once again with reasonable certainty that you cannot punch me if I am not there.....................same with women and abusive spouses.

Zebina

What do you think she should do kill him?

Sorry sweets, that's illegal. And I would throw her ass in jail so fast she wouldn't know what hit her.

Murder is murder, end of story

Makedde
Murder is murder, end of story

When a woman kills her abusive husband and is found not guilty, the LAW oh wonderful law, has said that she did not commit murder. So there.

Makedde
And yes, killing someone is better than walking away, knowing they will find someone else and put them through the same abuse as you went through before them.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, this is actually getting laughable.

Killing is ok when you say it is, it seems. I suggest you just stop using words. You're digging yourself a hole with industrial strength equipment and machinery right now.

-AC

Zebina
When a woman kills her abusive husband and is found not guilty, the LAW oh wonderful law, has said that she did not commit murder. So there.

Yes and when they DO find her guilty people like you suddenly are against the whole justice system

LOTRmatrix
So to all women.

If you slap your husband every day for a year, and he snaps and slaps you once, shoot him.

You will be a hero, for killing the oppressor and not a murderer.

Good god every abused woman should start shooting men.

Great advice makedde.

Zebina
And yes, killing someone is better than walking away, knowing they will find someone else and put them through the same abuse as you went through before them.

you really don't have a single clue on what you're talking about do you.

soleran30

Wow your twisted where did you come up with your morality scary........

Makedde
Hahaha, this is actually getting laughable.

Killing is ok when you say it is, it seems. I suggest you just stop using words. You're digging yourself a hole with industrial strength equipment and machinery right now.

-AC

Abortion is different because the baby doesn't abuse anyone, the woman abuses it.

And why would a woman leave an abusive relationship, knowing that he will do the same thing with another woman? That's a bit selfish, I'd just kill the bastard, so no other woman would have to end up being abused.

Alpha Centauri
Abortion is different because the baby doesn't abuse anyone, the woman abuses it.

Oh my, this is going further than I thought.

Now abortion is child abuse? Get a clue, jesus christ.

And why would a woman leave an abusive relationship, knowing that he will do the same thing with another woman? That's a bit selfish, I'd just kill the bastard, so no other woman would have to end up being abused.

Wait, you're asking why a woman would leave an abusive relationship when she knows he might do the same thing to another woman? What the f*ck are you on about?

You're suggesting women stick around because it's better to be them than another woman, or to kill him all together?

You are such an idiot.

-AC

Zebina

Again...you don't realize the justice system. Just because he's abusive doesn't make it alright to kill him. If there is enough evidence to prove that she did it while he was abusing her, then she'll get off with self defense.

Otherwise, shes going to prison

Makedde
Why should someone be able to go around and abuse women, and no one stops him? What right does some one have to do that? The cops won't do anything, the courts don't care, at least the woman has enough guts to protect herself and other women from some abuser.

Zebina
Why should someone be able to go around and abuse women, and no one stops him? What right does some one have to do that? The cops won't do anything, the courts don't care, at least the woman has enough guts to protect herself and other women from some abuser.

You're right. That's why myself and tens of thousands of other people have dedicated our whole lives to try and put these assholes in prison.

We really don't give a flying f*ck.

soleran30
OMG Zebina you must be a police person............so literal with the lawsmile

Being abused doesn't justify the victimization of another person..................unless its the death penalty of coursesmile

Zebina
OMG Zebina you must be a police person............so literal with the lawsmile

Being abused doesn't justify the victimization of another person..................unless its the death penalty of coursesmile

I work in the BAU of the FBI as a Criminal Profiler

Alpha Centauri
To be honest, I'm not surprised some law enforcement figures or justice figures seem to not give a shit with people like this demanding the stupidest of laws for their own benefit.

It'd begin to wane on me a bit if I'm being honest.

-AC

Makedde
You're right. That's why myself and tens of thousands of other people have dedicated our whole lives to try and put these assholes in prison.

Try harder then, there are still many out there.

Zebina
To be honest, I'm not surprised some law enforcement figures or justice figures seem to not give a shit with people like this demanding the stupidest of laws for their own benefit.

-AC

Agreed.

But then there are some who actually give a shit. Who are trying to make a difference, but can only do so much.

Zebina
Try harder then, there are still many out there.

Try harder! TRY HARDER!

Why don't you try and do this job for ONE Day!

Try harder, are you really that brain dead?

Makedde
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zebina
Given up finally? Good, guess I'm tried of debating with you, I'm right, you're wrong, period.

Makedde
Given up finally? Good, guess I'm tried of debating with you, I'm right, you're wrong, period.

I love those who claim they are right, you think you're better than anyone else. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zebina
I love those who claim they are right, you think you're better than anyone else. roll eyes (sarcastic)

no...just you

Makedde
I don't claim to be better than anyone, you are the one who seems to think women can up and leave. What a pussy you are.

Zebina
I don't claim to be better than anyone, you are the one who seems to think women can up and leave. What a pussy you are.

It's like talking to a brick wall. You will always be set in your ways (eventhough they're wrong)

Makedde
And you are just...not worth talking to.

Zebina
And you are just...not worth talking to.

and yet....you keep talking yes

Alpha Centauri
Pot/Kettle elements coming into play here.

Makedde, you're being crushed by everyone including yourself, in both threads. You've done nothing but make a dire fool of yourself so I suggest you stop posting until you can do so without calling people pussies.

-AC

Makedde
Pot/Kettle elements coming into play here.

Makedde, you're being crushed by everyone including yourself, in both threads. You've done nothing but make a dire fool of yourself so I suggest you stop posting until you can do so without calling people pussies.

-AC

I am not being crushed, by you or anyone else.

K.Diddy

laughing out loud

Makedde
Glad you liked it. smile

Adam_PoE
What a pussy you are.

What? laughing

Capt_Fantastic

-AC

I like watching the question session with the British Prime Minister. I've been watching it since Majors was there. CSPAN is the only place to get your news.

finti
how do you "educate" yourself for that kinds of a job?

Zebina
Originally posted by finti
how do you "educate" yourself for that kinds of a job?

what do you mean. Is that a shot or a serious question?

If it's a serious question:

You educate yourself the same way you would if you were going to school to be a doctor or a lawyer.

finti
your profiler skill cant tell the difference?big grin

what schools, how many years? ..........................

Zebina
your profiler skill cant tell the difference?big grin

what schools, how many years? ..........................

ha ha ha...how am i suppose to tell what you mean on the Internet.

I went to UCLA, studied for 4 years in criminology.

finti
you graduated high school early then? so we have a little wizz kid here smart

Zebina
Yeah, I was 16 when I went to college

Smallville
Domestic Violence is something I could never really understand.

For example, on Christmas eve there was a shooting involving two people that are part of 2nd Chemical Batallion. I couldnt even fathom what happened, and when I heard more details, I was even more boggled. Apparently, they had an argument over gifts, and there was a bit of a heated argument. The police were called, and when they arrived, they found her blooded and dead, and the husband with a knife in hand. He charged the police, and they shot him.

Sick, huh?

Its Christmas. Understandably, it is something of stressful, but not to the degree where you would want to stab your wife. I mean, this is supposed to be the woman you want to be with for the rest of your life.

Zebina
Originally posted by Smallville
Domestic Violence is something I could never really understand.

For example, on Christmas eve there was a shooting involving two people that are part of 2nd Chemical Batallion. I couldnt even fathom what happened, and when I heard more details, I was even more boggled. Apparently, they had an argument over gifts, and there was a bit of a heated argument. The police were called, and when they arrived, they found her blooded and dead, and the husband with a knife in hand. He charged the police, and they shot him.

Sick, huh?

Its Christmas. Understandably, it is something of stressful, but not to the degree where you would want to stab your wife. I mean, this is supposed to be the woman you want to be with for the rest of your life.

Yes I totally agree. People (not just men) who do that shouldn't be on the streets.

The man obviously had some mental problems.

Smallville
There are more examples, but I cannot understand it.

Women dont make things any easier. Women in the Army are devious tramps who get filled like an application.

Still, I cannot conceive of hitting a woman in anger. I have had plenty of reason, but could never do it.

Zebina
Originally posted by Smallville
There are more examples, but I cannot understand it.

Women dont make things any easier. Women in the Army are devious tramps who get filled like an application.

Still, I cannot conceive of hitting a woman in anger. I have had plenty of reason, but could never do it.

I totally agree.

The thing is, women like to push mens buttons. They like to annoy because they think a man won't hit them

finti
impressive, glad you were able to go so early, I went to school with people who easily could have started college at 16 but they were held back.....talk about wasting the kids time........ well topic again.................you are still pretty young though ,do you feel the work you have to do is a bit overwhelming ............if I may ask you this

indeed.
Sadly many really dont know how to properly react to this scenario though

Zebina
impressive, glad you were able to go so early, I went to school with people who easily could have started college at 16 but they were held back.....talk about wasting the kids time........ well topic again.................you are still pretty young though ,do you feel the work you have to do is a bit overwhelming ............if I may ask you this

indeed.
Sadly many really dont know how to properly react to this scenario though

It does get overwhelming sometimes. But it's also very rewarding.

Makedde
The thing is, women like to push mens buttons. They like to annoy because they think a man won't hit them

I agree with you about this, women do push a mans buttons. There have been two court cases where men are on trial for murder, and both claimed their wives provoked them, by saying they were having affairs and the sex was much better. The women really rubbed it in, like they wanted to be hit.

Zebina
I agree with you about this, women do push a mans buttons. There have been two court cases where men are on trial for murder, and both claimed their wives provoked them, by saying they were having affairs and the sex was much better. The women really rubbed it in, like they wanted to be hit.

Well ofcourse!

Alot of women do it for the attention.

Makedde
Well ofcourse!

Alot of women do it for the attention.

The only attention they'd get is a slap on the face, what sort of attention is that? And once the woman has made her partner slap her, she complains about it. It's like she wants to be hit because she's jealous or something...

Zebina
The only attention they'd get is a slap on the face, what sort of attention is that? And once the woman has made her partner slap her, she complains about it. It's like she wants to be hit because she's jealous or something...

Not his attention,

everyone else's attention. Friends, passerby. I've seen it 1000 times.

NoahMann
Many women do, do it for the attention no doubt and its hard to tell the difference. I guess it really depends on the woman and the situation as a whole.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.