Wisdom Teeth Experiences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I just got my wisdom teeth out this past week and it was not fun... Does anyone here feel like sharing their wisdom teeth experiences and how it was for you.

Everyone I've talked to so far has had a different story, so I was just wondering what you guys' had to go through.

wink

DarkC
Where are the wisdom teeth located again?

SnakeEyes
WAY back there. Right behind 12-year molars.

Leo.M
it was okay happy

SnakeEyes
Mine probably sucked because of the fact that they had to split all four of mine in half to get them out properly...

fini
OWWWWWWWWWWW, I have heard about those stories

Some people get lucky, but getting all 4 out, usually requires cutting the gums, which means u cant eat anything for 2 weeks
IT sucks ass.

powerfulone1987
I was given a IV in my arm and I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until I woke up.

They had to put me asleep b/c my wisdom teeth were still under my gums and pushing against my other teeth, causing me to feel pain and I had to take Penicillin a while before I actually went in to prevent infection b/c of the way my wisdom teeth were growing. And for the little parts that had grown above the gum, every blue moon in my life I'd go through these periods where I'd bite the heck out of my jaw with my wisdom teeth when eating or talking or something.

And the surgery could have left me with no feeling in my lips or something to do with my nose like smell or feeling b/c nerves were located near my wisdom teeth where they had to be operation done.

So I woke up and the first thing I noticed was that the thing that they put on your pointer finger had been moved while I was sleep to my other pointer finger.

I was done and wheel chaired out to the car with these cotton balls in my mouth and that was it.

Luckily this happened during the summer, so I wasn't in school for everybody to see my swollen cheeks or for them to see me changing my cotton balls all day long. Now that was annoying. Cotton ball after Cotton ball.

And it hurt to move my mouth and eat and talk and stuff. If I remember correctly, I puked on the way home b/c of the stuff they gave me to put me to sleep, but I could be confusing this with the other time I was put to sleep for something else with gas, which really made me sick for a couple days. I'll never choose gas again.

But yeah, it was a pain to eat. And I didn't think my stitched would ever come out, but somebody I knew who had it happen while they were in school, and she always kept her coat over her mouth to keep people from seeing her swollen face, but we could tell. And she told me how they dissolved and stuff.

For a while I had the stictches still in and like part of it would come out so it felt like a piece of string was protruding out of my gum and just flowing there and I could always feel it and I would try and get it out with my tongue.

Oh, yeah, I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed.

is it comprehensible.....

SnakeEyes
How long do the stitches take to disolve?

Also, when does the swelling completely go away?

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I just got my wisdom teeth out this past week and it was not fun... Does anyone here feel like sharing their wisdom teeth experiences and how it was for you.

Everyone I've talked to so far has had a different story, so I was just wondering what you guys' had to go through.

wink

Sucks that you had to get them out during the school year.

AOR

wink

Because of my biologically enhanced counterparts, my jaw was able to rearrange my teeth and make room for my wisdom teeth. Now they sit and assist my molars

borg

SnakeEyes
Lucky bastard....

AOR
Lucky bastard....

lion

powerfulone1987

sorry, can't remember.

SnakeEyes
Damn...

Mišt
I had mine taken out year before last I think, wasnt too bad, I think I had to get rid of three or something...the stitches took about 2 weeks to completely dissolve for me, sucked ass.

Morning_Glory

wink

i got mine takin out when i was 21... and it didnt hurt one bit, it took about 10-15 mins. -- I hade only 3 of them out (not all 4) and I even had to have stitches... didnt hurt at all and even when the anesethia (sp?) wore off, still was no big deal.

my face didnt even swell... i dont see what the big deal is

SnakeEyes
Ummm, then your surgery was a rarity.

Seriously, that's gotta be very rare to have such a painless/successful operation.

Beyond Image
I never lost any teeth if that's what this thread is about, but I did have three dissolving stitches in my lower lip. There was this pencil tip hole where I could stick a piece of my tongue out.

Morning_Glory
Ummm, then your surgery was a rarity.

Seriously, that's gotta be very rare to have such a painless/successful operation.

I was really nervous too.. I thought it was gonna hurt so bad.. during and after.. erm but it was fine

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Beyond Image
I never lost any teeth if that's what this thread is about, but I did have three dissolving stitches in my lower lip. There was this pencil tip hole where I could stick a piece of my tongue out.

wisdom teeth are teeth way in the back, like mollers... not everyone gets them

Beyond Image
I have those, too.

SnakeEyes
My surgery went on for about 45 minutes I think (I was out for it so I'm not completely sure).

I had an I.V. and everything and it was generally pretty scary stuff.

They had to cut open the gums/split the teeth to get them out and then when I woke up, they moved me to a recovery room.

mysterio69
i was given the i.v. in the arm as well as the mask. it was damn good. the doctor, who coincidentally looked like hunter s. thompson which added to my haze, asked if i could still feel my mouth. i managed to mumble something, and he pumped me full of more sweet drugs. he told me to bring a cd and i brought siamese dream from the smashing pumpkins. holy shit. all my thoughts were green for some reason. when i came to, i fell down some stairs because i was still wobbly and my mom, who picked me up, couldn't carry me. and the moral of the story is, DRUGS ARE FUN. wink

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by mysterio69
i was given the i.v. in the arm as well as the mask. it was damn good. the doctor, who coincidentally looked like hunter s. thompson which added to my haze, asked if i could still feel my mouth. i managed to mumble something, and he pumped me full of more sweet drugs. he told me to bring a cd and i brought siamese dream from the smashing pumpkins. holy shit. all my thoughts were green for some reason. when i came to, i fell down some stairs because i was still wobbly and my mom, who picked me up, couldn't carry me. and the moral of the story is, DRUGS ARE FUN. wink

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

FALL AGAIN FALL AGAIN!!!

mysterio69
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

FALL AGAIN FALL AGAIN!!!

oh, don't worry. i've fallen many times before and since that fateful day. both because of drugs and/or alcohol and sheer stupidity on my part. big grin

SnakeEyes
Yeah, I had gas and an I.V. too.

Morning_Glory
an IV ?? seriously???

powerfulone1987
I just had an IV, but I never fell down.

BackFire
I have one growing in normally, and one growing it crooked. As long as they don't cause me pain I'm not getting them removed, heard way to many horror stories about them.

mysterio69
Originally posted by BackFire
I have one growing in normally, and one growing it crooked. As long as they don't cause me pain I'm not getting them removed, heard way to many horror stories about them.
i'm sure that as long as you don't go to some 'mob doctor' in a back alley, you'll be fine. and with your sig, you're scared of horror stories? stick out tongue

BackFire
Yes, seeing as I've heard some people are stitched to the point of not being able to eat for several days...I love eating.

And besides, my dentist said that as long as they're not hurting me there's no reason to get them removed.

mysterio69
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, seeing as I've heard some people are stitched to the point of not being able to eat for several days...I love eating.

And besides, my dentist said that as long as they're not hurting me there's no reason to get them removed.
but the drugs, man! the DRUGS!!!

BackFire
Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

mysterio69
yes...bad. indeed. thank you, nancy reagan.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
an IV ?? seriously???

an IV's quite typical for wisdom teeth surgery... yes

mysterio69
oooohhhh...all this talk of i.v.'s ...i'm jonesin'!!!

Lightningrod

Takes up to a complete month

Lightningrod
I had mine removed 10th grade, or age 15...

I had an IV, pure oxygen in my nose, and was put to sleep...woke up later with my mouth all bloody filled with gauze and felt like I had a fat lip (Numbness)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.