Me (Jack Hawksmoor and the "evil" doctor) vs spawnrules (flash and GL)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khellendros
Fight takes place on Coruscant, the city-planet. Both teams get one minute of prep, but are not allowed to leave the planet during that time.

Dizzle
Ouch. Hurts to be GL. Planet sized living battlesuit stomps the crap out of both of them. Doctor can even get housed inside and turn everything organic on the planet into cologne. It's a favorite tactic.

Spawnrules
He is physically unable to survive outside of an urban environment for long; however, when he is within an urban environment, he has vast, poorly-defined superpowers linked to the city, such as superhuman agility and strength, and telekinesis over infrastructure and architecture. though this may have changed. His powers and weaknesses are entirely symbiotic; the larger or more populous the city, the greater his abilities; and, conversely, if the city is damaged, he becomes less effective or develops an injury.

its says that if the city is damaged he gets terribly weakend and also is weak on urban enviroments.

flash will move so damanging the city and Kyle will give him a boost to crush the city even more, kyle will

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
Fight takes place on Coruscant......

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345948&highlight=Coruscant

smile

Quick Freeze
does anyone else hear a train coming?
put your ear to the floor next to the computer

yup, it's definately the sound of the Khell Express with the latest shipment of Spawnrules' @$$

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Scoobless
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345948&highlight=Coruscant

smile
kyle will make billions of people, population is jacks weakness

Scoobless
Originally posted by Spawnrules
kyle will make billions of people, population is jacks weakness

no it isn't

Sir Whirlysplat
no it isn't

No but the planet knocked off it's axis causing all the buildings to collapse would be. As would asteroid bombardment from space.

Scoobless
population of Coruscant must be close to 100 billion (or more) no GL would kill all of those people to beat one guy

Spawnrules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hawksmoor

Spawnrules
Flash will help transport them

Sir Whirlysplat
population of Coruscant must be close to 100 billion (or more) no GL would kill all of those people to beat one guy

Hal Jordan would have at one point, and this is no hold barred right!

The Ion
John Stewart would. laughing out loud

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Hal Jordan would have at one point, and this is no hold barred right!

its also bloodlust

Sir Whirlysplat
In that case GL simply stops time, which he can do smile

Spawnrules
Originally posted by The Ion
John Stewart would. laughing out loud

ion thank god, you want to be kyle

Spawnrules
In that case flash simply stops time, which he can do smile

says so in the respect thread

Scoobless
The Doctor can turn the Speed Force into the Slow Force..... causing Flash to be unable to move faster than a turtle crawling along broken glass with three of it's flippers chopped off and weged into it's mouth

Sir Whirlysplat
The Doctor can turn the Speed Force into the Slow Force..... causing Flash to be unable to move faster than a turtle crawling along broken glass with three of it's flippers chopped off and weged into it's mouth

The Doctor needs time to make a mental image of whatever he wants it to do. Flash takes him out in a picosecond with the UMP. His toast. Look at What Swift did to him with speed in Earth inferno and Apollo did in the Sun problem was both didn't destroy his brain immediatly. Also it depends if Flash can stop his thought process which I guess he would as he would even steal the speed of the nerve impulses. smile No Doctor does well with his brain destroyed, look at Kevs revolver.

Spawnrules
The Doctor needs time to make a mental image of whatever he wants it to do. Flash takes him out in a picosecond with the UMP. His toast. Look at What Swift did to him with speed in Earth inferno and Apollo did in the Sun problem was both didn't destroy his brain immediatly. Also it depends if Flash can stop his thought process which I guess he would as he would even steal the speed of the nerve impulses. smile No Doctor does well with his brain destroyed, look at Kevs revolver.

wow thanks

Spawnrules
human are not worthy to live there

In the forgotten underlevels of the city, there was darkness, pollution and crime. Higher up, there were government offices and penthouses owned by the elite. Coruscant was most likely the homeworld of the Humans, who may have evolved from the proto-human Zhell, and the Taung species. The Zhell were dominant until the Taung conquered them. The Taung became known as the Dark Warriors, and in the middle of their epic battle against the Zhell, their efforts were helped by an erupting volcano that wiped out the major Zhell city

Dizzle
Too bad Jack would also be pretty speed godly, eh? He's Spiderman level in Earth cities, Coruscant is millions of times bigger. He can make the buildings protect the Doctor while Jeroen creates the Slow Force. There's just WAY too much godly power on the Authority side this time. Even asteroids wouldn't do much, Coruscant has a LOT of firepower spread across it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Dizzle
Too bad Jack would also be pretty speed godly, eh? He's Spiderman level in Earth cities, Coruscant is millions of times bigger. He can make the buildings protect the Doctor while Jeroen creates the Slow Force. There's just WAY too much godly power on the Authority side this time. Even asteroids wouldn't do much, Coruscant has a LOT of firepower spread across it.

Nah he has to think to do this dizzle Flash is so much faster than thought, you're clutching.

DigiMark007
Problem with whirly's theory is, the fight gives them a minute of prep. The Doctor would turn that into a decade of prep, and if we're being really cheap he could travel time to before Flash existed and kill his mother or something.

Blair Wind
and flash cant do the same thing? roll eyes (sarcastic)

demigawd
Better yet...Flash just lends his speed to the GL, who, in speedforce time, will stop time, locate both Jack and Doctor and obliterate them before any of them can complete a single thought.

Easy enough.

Speedblitz rules!

Spawnrules
Originally posted by demigawd
Better yet...Flash just lends his speed to the GL, who, in speedforce time, will stop time, locate both Jack and Doctor and obliterate them before any of them can complete a single thought.

Easy enough.

Speedblitz rules! rock

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Not as easily. How often has a Flash or GL traveled time? The Doctor does it on a whim.

And there's still prep. Before Flash can do anything offensive, Jack will have melded into the city so they can't even find him. Then they'll be fighting a planet-sized city...Jack'll just make it swallow Flash, regardless of where he is.

The Ion
This battle is over quick. Flash speedforce dumps Hawk and Kyle makes a heroin needle construct for Jeroen.

thumb up

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind

No.... he's dead! (didn't you read Digi's post?)

stick out tongue

The Ion
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not as easily. How often has a Flash or GL traveled time? The Doctor does it on a whim.

And there's still prep. Before Flash can do anything offensive, Jack will have melded into the city so they can't even find him. Then they'll be fighting a planet-sized city...Jack'll just make it swallow Flash, regardless of where he is.
Planet sized city? confused

Spawnrules

Kyle and flash will go to hall and kilwog and borrow theres rings then.

Dizzle
Nah he has to think to do this dizzle Flash is so much faster than thought, you're clutching.

Am I incorrect, or does Jack not get faster in a larger city, just as his strength and such go up? He would be nearing lightspeed himself, he's easily fast enough to prevent a speedblitz. The Doctor is safe inside a battlesuit and creating the "slow force" while Flash tries in vain to get in to hit him.

DigiMark007
Kyle and flash will go to hall and kilwog and borrow theres rings then.

And this would help how??

There's still a minute prep people. Jack's gone literally "into" the city and The Doctor has disappeared and will murder their grandfathers as soon as they ring the bell.

Just read my earlier posts. Doctor with any sort of prep is well above Skyfather....and this is the "evil" Doctor, so there's not even the drug addiction to cling to as a feeble argument.

Spawnrules
when he is within an urban environment, he has vast, poorly-defined superpowers linked to the city, such as superhuman agility and strength, and telekinesis over infrastructure and architecture.

DigiMark007
Pointless really the Doctor because if he has time to form a thought he wins, if he doesn't he loses.

Quoted from the other forum. I think this says it all.

Give him 5 seconds of prep and fanboy-Doctor owns all!

leonidas
damn it! wish i knew the authority better!! this little debate may well require me to do a bit of research on the enemy!!

however, i believe that no action can be taken against opponents before the prep time is up, correct? so doc can have the slow force in mind, but he can't make it real UNTIL AFTER the prep. before he even has the chance to release the spell, flash would remove his head with an IMP. that would leave only hawk. against both a gl and flash?

death

Spawnrules

i think your giving up, admit it digi

DigiMark007
Nice try leo. But he doesn't need to make an offensive maneuver. During prep he flies into the air where Flash can't reach him, creates some shields to slow GL, then time-travels and murders their ancestors in the first few seconds of the fight before they can get through his shields.

The Ion

Sounds like the typical Dr. Strange argument...

Spawnrules
Nice try leo. But he doesn't need to make an offensive maneuver. During prep he flies into the air where Flash can't reach him, creates some shields to slow GL, then time-travels and murders their ancestors in the first few seconds of the fight before they can get through his shields.

what do you mean flash cant reah him, when he fought supergirl he ran to the moon

DigiMark007
Sounds like the typical Dr. Strange argument...

Except it came from Whirly....one of your own. Also one of the few who knows both sides well enough to truly know what's going on.

demigawd
Wait...what's the definition of a "city"? I mean, Earth is filled with cities...Jack can't draw on the power of every city on Earth at once. What's the definition of a city? Does that mean anything separated by any degree of water or landmass vacant of buildings, or...what?

The Ion
Except it came from Whirly....one of your own. Also one of the few who knows both sides well enough to truly know what's going on.
*speedblitzes Whirly*

DigiMark007
what do you mean flash cant reah him, when he fought supergirl he ran to the moon

Fair enough. But he still has shields. And let's make him invisible and intangible to boot. All he has to do is think about it, so his powers are really only limited by the imagination of who's arguing for him.

Spawnrules
Fair enough. But he still has shields. And let's make him invisible and intangible to boot. All he has to do is think about it, so his powers are really only limited by the imagination of who's arguing for him.
all flash has to do is stop time

Khellendros
Damn, lots of things to reply to.

smile
Heheheh yep. I remembered that, and it inspired this thread.

In that case GL simply stops time, which he can do smile
Right, and then the Doctor restarts it and unmakes Kyle's ring. Big deal.

Am I incorrect, or does Jack not get faster in a larger city, just as his strength and such go up? He would be nearing lightspeed himself, he's easily fast enough to prevent a speedblitz. The Doctor is safe inside a battlesuit and creating the "slow force" while Flash tries in vain to get in to hit him.
You are correct. His speed, jsut like everything else, gets amped in proportion to the city he's in.

Anyways. Jack controls the entie planet, which means he controls everything in it. What does that mean? Shield generators. Oh yes. Shields powerful enough to withstand bombardment by a fleet of Star Destroyers and the impact of dozens of world-killing asteroids placed in orbit by Admiral Thrawn. It also means large, mounted weapons, with which to defend the city

In addition, Jack can control the gravity within the city he's in. In the largest Earth city, that means he could levitate a good sized building and in New York it meant he could drag an invading force of huge aliens into the ground. Just imagine he could do when working on a planetary scale.

That doesn't even cover the evil Doctor. With the one minute of prep, he can make himself indestructible. He can change the worlds atmosphere so that the very air explodes in the vicinity of anything moving over 500 mph. He can "draw a detailed mental picture" in which Kyle's ring is shunted into a pocket dimension and cut off from his control.

My team WINS.

demigawd
Super combo still works. Flash gives speed to GL, GL uses the advantage to stop time. From there they can destroy every building on the planet at their leisure. Or the GL ring can just locate the Doctor and Jack for them, where they can pick them off at their leisure.

Easy enough!

DigiMark007
Yeah, and Flash has stopped time what, like every 3 issues, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fighting a guy who can do the same thing, and rearrange the universe for fun while he's at it...Flash is over his head.

Spawnrules
Yeah, and Flash has stopped time what, like every 3 issues, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fighting a guy who can do the same thing, and rearrange the universe for fun while he's at it...Flash is over his head.

remember this is bloodlust he will do anything to Jack

The Ion

Since when does it matter how many issues he does it? Galactus jobs in every issue but that doesn't mean he isn't still the world devourer. smile

DigiMark007
You realize their tactics here, right boys? They have more members. More members = more posts. But as we know, Crap posts don't = winning the fights....but they'll try and make us see otherwise. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I don't have the stamina to fight off 20+ ignorant JLA fanboys who've probably never read more than a few bios on the Authority (except for whirly and a few others).

Spawnrules
You realize their tactics here, right boys? They have more members. More members = more posts. But as we know, Crap posts don't = winning the fights....but they'll try and make us see otherwise. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I don't have the stamina to fight off 20+ ignorant JLA fanboys who've probably never read more than a few bios on the Authority (except for whirly and a few others).
stay on to the fight, not us

Khellendros
Super combo still works. Flash gives speed to GL, GL uses the advantage to stop time. From there they can destroy every building on the planet at their leisure. Or the GL ring can just locate the Doctor and Jack for them, where they can pick them off at their leisure.

Easy enough!
The Doctor has remake anything you destroy after restarting time. And getting to the Doctor is going to be hard when the very air all around you explodes more violently the faster you move.

DigiMark007
Ah, but what is this fight really about? The characters, or JLAKMC vs. KMC Authority? That's what I'm getting at. With neither team ever willing to concede (unless we drug leo or something...lol) I envision a lot of debates that lead us nowhere.

A fun idea, but definitely one that favors the larger side. I'm simply beginning to see the need for a change of strategy for the Authority.

...I may have some new ideas that spawn off of this, but for now I hereby remove myself from the debates.

And The Doctor wins. stick out tongue

Khellendros
Ah, but what is this fight really about? The characters, or JLAKMC vs. KMC Authority? That's what I'm getting at. With neither team ever willing to concede (unless we drug leo or something...lol) I envision a lot of debates that lead us nowhere.

A fun idea, but definitely one that favors the larger side. I'm simply beginning to see the need for a change of strategy for the Authority.

...I may have some new ideas that spawn off of this, but for now I hereby remove myself from the debates.

You're right. This is quickly going to become pointless. Probably not a great idea, in the end.

The Ion

pwnt

Dizzle
Since when does it matter how many issues he does it? Galactus jobs in every issue but that doesn't mean he isn't still the world devourer. smile

Hawksmoor's going to be running/flying around at near lightspeed as is. Flash tries a speedblitz and gets his head torn off. If GL gets a ring, Hawksmoor will have built Doctor a battlesuit during prep, or immediately after the bell. (he's fast enough, remember?) Once inside, both would have a hard time hurting the Doctor, who is an offensive force. You can say Flash stops time, or Flash time travels, but what's stopping Jeroen from doing the same? Flash won't get to him in time, Doctor turns all of the organic material on the planet into cologne. If we really get into time manipulation, this will become a contest of which version is better, as both teams have the capability to do so.

Also, it wouldn't be in character for Flash to immediately stop time... Where it WOULD be in character for Hawksmoor to tear his limbs off when Flash tries a speedblitz and has the buildings on either side of him grow arms that move as fast as he does.

Khellendros
Dizzle, for the record... this si the evil doctor, not Jeroen.

DigiMark007
You're right. This is quickly going to become pointless. Probably not a great idea, in the end.

I'm not trying to be a boner-killer in this case...just realistic.

A more structured challenge system would work better. One-on-one fights, with a pre-set neutral judge, and each person gets, say, 3 posts to make his/her point. Something like the recent signature duel forum. And you'd agree on the stipulations before the match.

Khellendros

A more structured challenge system would work better. One-on-one fights, with a pre-set neutral judge, and each person gets, say, 3 posts to make his/her point. Something like the recent signature duel forum. And you'd agree on the stipulations before the match.
Yeah, I was sorta under the impression it would be a one-on-one debate this time around...

DigiMark007

...just to bump my idea to this page.

Dizzle
That's a good idea. No massive, 20 page pile of gibberish for the JLAers and a limited amount of sophisticated wit and genius debating tactics for the Authority... Yeah, personalizing it sounds good though.

leonidas
that's actually more along the line of what i had in mind. i was thinking 1on1 for a single hour, with a neutral judge. don't want to read a 1000 pages!! anyway, i'm all for a modified form of this little challenge, if everyone else agrees to it.

oh, and wouldn't it come down to a race as to who can stop time faster? flash stops it firt, and the doc's brain stops with it. once he's stopped, he's not gonna be able to restart as khell said.

flash wins!!Jumpy

DigiMark007
Yeah...I don't want us burning out trying to fight the uneducated swarms.

Intelligent backlash, assemble! stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by leonidas

flash wins!!Jumpy

*sigh* Not when there's prep....we'll teach you yet leo.

Spawnrules
if wally ever dies, you know what happens, the ion is unleashed, the flash and kyle have been very close friends

Spawnrules
thats why i chose him if wally dies, the ion will come

dman2008
stay on to the fight, not us

You tell him Spawnrules smile

Spawnrules
Originally posted by dman2008
You tell him Spawnrules smile

thank you

Sir Whirlysplat
Yeah, I was sorta under the impression it would be a one-on-one debate this time around...

The JLA is a team smile

demigawd

And The Doctor wins. stick out tongue Originally posted by Khellendros

Remember, there's a 10 page/one week max on these threads. Then neutral parties pick the winner. So it won't go on forever. In fact, it's half done already, in just a day.

Now stop being pussies...

Sir Whirlysplat
Remember, there's a 10 page/one week max on these threads. Then neutral parties pick the winner. So it won't go on forever. In fact, it's half done already, in just a day.

Now stop being pussies...

I don't think any neutrals exist smile

demigawd
I'm neutral smile

Sir Whirlysplat
I'm neutral smile

no

Spawnrules
this thread should be closed, Cause i win, but guess who the mod is.

DigiMark007
this thread should be closed, Cause i win, but guess who the mod is.

Hahaha! At least you know your place. stick out tongue

Anyway, I didn't know there was a limit to these things demi. I guess 10 pages is manageable....though I think I'll probably end up being lazy and just writing out one huge argument then re-quoting is as the threads go on.

Still...Doctor wins! He has freaking prep so that he can think anything into or out of existence, even if it's not directly offensive against the other team.

Even whirly stated it in another thread (which I quoted here earlier).

Spawnrules

DigiMark007
Dutch: Ker-vottin snortin' krishnacht Authority kikkin' asses-blitzen!

Spawnrules

demigawd
Don't you KMC Authority people read? All the stips are on my challenge thread.

10 pages, or one week. Neutral parties vote. And there are still lots of neutral parties. Get LethalFemme or Illadelph or something...

And it's supposed to be one character vs. one character, but that's ok...

demigawd
Hahaha! At least you know your place. stick out tongue

Anyway, I didn't know there was a limit to these things demi. I guess 10 pages is manageable....though I think I'll probably end up being lazy and just writing out one huge argument then re-quoting is as the threads go on.

Still...Doctor wins! He has freaking prep so that he can think anything into or out of existence, even if it's not directly offensive against the other team.

Even whirly stated it in another thread (which I quoted here earlier).

Don't quote Whirly...he didn't realize Doctor was going against the speedforce. wink

Doctor is super dangerous as long as he gets the chance. But my supercombo is impenetrable. As long as Flash and GL work together...Doctor will never get his one thought.

Swanky-Tuna
So it's just Khell vs spawnrules? Nobody else is to throw in their 2 cents?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Please, go ahead. I think that was the original plan, but no one's following it.

demigawd

Well, the stipulations say melee combat for the group. It makes more sense than one on ones, since we so vastly outnumber KMC Authority.

If you guys want to change that up, let me know and we'll change it up. I just don't want a bunch of overeager noobs accepting every unreasonable challenge and messing up our points, lol. Scoobless and Digi are experienced pros and should only be handled by a select few...

Dizzle
I'm pretty sure we were going to change it to 1v1... Because of the massive amounts of JLA spam that would end up clogging the threads. Basically, we're pushing to make it more formal, similar to the sig duels in (ohmahgawd) the signature forum. You have millions of people, but does 30 people saying "SP33DBLITZZ!!!" necessarily mean it would work? I don't care how hard he tries, Green Arrow will NOT speedblitz Apollo.

Oh, and before the fight, the Doctor slows down time, effectively making him a speedster to whatever degree he chooses. Before Flash can react, both him and Lantern are puddles of cologne.

DigiMark007
Scoobless and Digi are experienced pros and should only be handled by a select few...

Wow. Most respect I've gotten as a debator in a long time. And from the other side, no less.

superman

P.S. And yeah, what Dizzle said above me...one of the better plans I've heard in a while on this thread.

Dizzle
Scoobless and Digi are experienced pros and should only be handled by a select few...

No love for the eternal second... Or the guy who masterminded the 2 greatest street level amalgams in the history of the world. Fear the GODLIKE. Fear the Brite more.

DigiMark007
Rainbow Bright rocked....did she ever fight though? I thought she was just GODLIKE's cheerleader (coughbootycallcough).

whistle

I should bust out Megaballz too. Or better yet, sig-a-tize him!

*runs off to the Carrier*

demigawd
I'm pretty sure we were going to change it to 1v1... Because of the massive amounts of JLA spam that would end up clogging the threads. Basically, we're pushing to make it more formal, similar to the sig duels in (ohmahgawd) the signature forum. You have millions of people, but does 30 people saying "SP33DBLITZZ!!!" necessarily mean it would work? I don't care how hard he tries, Green Arrow will NOT speedblitz Apollo.

Oh, and before the fight, the Doctor slows down time, effectively making him a speedster to whatever degree he chooses. Before Flash can react, both him and Lantern are puddles of cologne.

Bah, during prep time, Flash/GL stop time, stand right behind Doctor and Jack, and vibrate their molecules until the fight starts, then instantly kill them before they realize where their opponents are...

No love for the eternal second... Or the guy who masterminded the 2 greatest street level amalgams in the history of the world. Fear the GODLIKE. Fear the Brite more.

Oh yeah, and Dizzle, too.

big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Please, go ahead. I think that was the original plan, but no one's following it.
Well, I was thinking it wouldn't be beyond reason for Coruscant to tell Jack where the enemy team is, if prep takes place on the planet. The renegade doctor could then learn everything about the enemy team as if he was there in a matter of seconds. The advantage of knowing exactly where and what your opponents can do is astronomical. Through telepathy, they would learn the plan and know to be ready for speed blitzes and time manipulation.

demigawd
Well, I was thinking it wouldn't be beyond reason for Coruscant to tell Jack where the enemy team is, if prep takes place on the planet. The renegade doctor could then learn everything about the enemy team as if he was there in a matter of seconds. The advantage of knowing exactly where and what your opponents can do is astronomical. Through telepathy, they would learn the plan and know to be ready for speed blitzes and time manipulation.

Not sure how you could be ready for a speedblitz even if you know it's coming, unless you take defensive action before the match starts...which you're not allowed to do.

Khellendros
Not sure how you could be ready for a speedblitz even if you know it's coming, unless you take defensive action before the match starts...which you're not allowed to do.
The younger Green Arrow proved it was possible. He noticed a Flash clone was moving in a predictable pattern and shot at where he would be, not where he was. Also, I forgot to mention that cities give Jack prescience. Meaning he WILL know exactly what they are going to do before they do it.

outarddwarf
I don't think any neutrals exist smile

I am quite neutral, except when it comes to juggernaut, but hey that is like a given!

Swanky-Tuna
What's the purpose of prep then? Everyone always invents a scenario for their team to do right off the bat anyway so the need for the characters to converse is eliminated.

Spawnrules
By DRACO69

A description of his powers: (Background makes it hard to read)

> Flash Respect Thread Prelude:
>
> Powers:
>
> Superspeed
> Wally West is the Fastest Man Alive, and so far as is known, the Fastest Man Ever. He is capable of moving at just under the speed of light, and in truth his top speed, if he has one, is hard to guage since once he goes beyond lightspeed, he enters the Speed Force. As far as is known Wally is the only speedster to enter the Speed Force entirely and re-emerge, which helps account for his incredible gifts. His connection he has with the Speed Force is stronger than any known person has ever attained. It's far more than enough to allow Wally West to run up sheer or even upside-down surfaces to defy gravity, or to allow him to run over liquids as if they were as firm as concrete. He can catch bullets out of the air as if they were stationary, and could quite probably dodge lasers.
>
> Molecular control
> The gifts of the Speed Force include the ability to control every molecule of Wally's body to where they can be vibrated and made to phase through solid matter. These days, doing so can charge whatever he phases through with kinetic energy and cause that matter to explode violently. This is both a good and bad thing, in that he can use the ability to charge matter to explode as a weapon, but in doing so he harms whatever he phases through. Since the Flash's recent increase in speed, his control has been enhanced to where he may choose either to kinetically charge what he vibrates through, or not do so and pass through solid matter harmlessly. Another facet of his molecular control is that Wally can vibrate himself to where his body becomes invisible and light just passes through it. Yet another ability related to his vibrational molecular control is that Wally can attune his ears and eyes to hear and see the vibrations of radio waves or other forms of light, thereby tuning into any frequencies he cares to listen to or see just as if they were normal sound and light. Through the control of his vibrations, he is even able to heat up substances that he touches or impart heat energy into an object on contact.
>
> Turbocharged brain
> When Wally moves into superspeed his perceptions change radically and the world appears to move by at a snail's pace. If he's going fast enough, the world even seems to have frozen. This altering of perception is vital in order for Wally to function at the extreme speeds that he can reach, and allows him to manage his movements and environment with awareness and accuracy. It's also a power that he can activate without physically moving any faster, throwing his thought processes into overdrive to where his perceptions and thoughts fire off faster than the processes of a supercomputer. He can, if he chooses, read a book (a big one like Lord of the Rings) in less than a second with full comprehension and the only speed motion required being the turning of the pages.
>
> Speed force aura
> When moving at superspeed, Wally West is able to surround himself with an aura of Speed Force Energy. It extends out from his body enough to cover objects or even persons carried by him, and allows him to treat them as extensions of his person for purposes of speed powers. The aura also protects Wally from the effects of hitting stationary objects (so instead of turning to hamburger he'd just hit as if he were running normally and ran into it) and keeps his passing from causing sonic booms and massive collateral damage everywhere he goes at superspeed. The aura can be controlled to where such sonic booms and effects on the environment are allowed, however.
>
> Kinetic energy control
> Wally West is able to both steal and give energy of motion from and to an object. He can take the velocity out of a moving object and cause it to stand still as well as charge an object with motion and propel it into possibly ridiculous amounts of speed. This is only possible in either case with objects that happen to be or are caught in Wally's wake as he passes or moves over them. In a sense it's really contact and proximity to his Speed Force Aura that enables him to add to or take away from the velocity of other objects, and he can either drag objects behind him at his speed or move past an already-moving object and take its speed away to leave it standing motionless behind.
>
> Speed tricks
> Among the various tricks that Wally can perform with his powers are:
>
> The Snap - Where through manipulation of the Speed Force Aura and a superspeed motion (often a snap of the fingers or clap of the hands) Wally causes a deafening and highly damaging sonic boom that can knock down walls and stun opponents.
>
> Cyclones - Where through moving his limbs in various fashions the Flash may cause extreme winds that can blow about objects with force similar to a tornado.
>
> Dismantling - Where through a simple series of appropriate motion Wally just dissects things like cars, weapons, furniture, down to the limit of his understanding of how to take apart a given device or object. That's assuming he wants it to be able to work when reassembled...
>
> Bombs - Where through taking advantage of the explosive kinetic charge that Wally endows an object by phasing through it, he intentionally charges things to explode in order to use them as weapons. They can be as simple as walls or trees, or as clever as throwing a rock without opening his fist and letting that rock phase through his fingers, charged to explode as it hurtles toward its intended target.
>
> Vibro Hands - Where Wally can saw through solid objects with his hands (as an example) by vibrating his body and basically blasting his way through said object on contact.
>
> Hot Touch - Where through vibrational control, Wally can heat up an object as much or as little as he likes just by touching it and concentrating on the energy he imparts to it.
>
> Speed force suit
> Through his control of Speed Force Energy, Wally is able to form a suit around his body in the approximate shape and color of his original Flash suit he inherited from Barry, only made of pure Speed Energy. This suit is more convenient than the old ring-pop-out suit, and it is capable of acting like armor to absorb great amounts of kinetic energy.
>
> Healing
> Wally is able to use the Speed Force in order to speed up the healing of injuries to himself. In essence, he is able to heal minor cuts, abrasions, and bruises in a matter of minutes. More major or deep wounds might take hours. The greatest limit to this ability are broken bones, as they take much longer to heal...perhaps days or weeks in spite of his powers of speed and healing.
>
> Sustenance
> Through his link with the Speed Force, Wally is able to draw sustenance from that energy field that allows his body to channel Speed Force Energy without having to stuff his body with carbs and food to keep going. It also provides him with the needed energy to keep running and running even if it's all the way around the globe.
>
> Time travel
> Wally West can travel through time in three ways:
>
> Speed Force - By reaching the Speed Force and bouncing off of the barrier at the edge of it, Wally will often skip forward or back in time unpredictably. Alternately he can cross that barrier and enter the Speed Force entirely, then exit to any possible point in history. Unfortunately by this method the Speed Force has a way of controlling when he comes out and ends up. About his best bet in doing this is to run right along the Speed Force wall. Doing so, Wally can read the different eras that he passes up and just stop at the one he wants. So far, Wally is the only speedster that can reliably perform this mode of time travel.
>
> Temporal Vibrations - By attuning his physical vibrations to those of another timeframe, Wally can basically fade into another time/dimension. The only trouble doing this is that he doesn't necessarily know the proper vibration for a given time in a given dimension, and just experimenting with different vibrations to see where you end up is about as smart as stabbing yourself in the brain with a needle to see what cool things you can make your leg do.
>
> Cosmic Treadmill - By using this invention of Barry Allen's, Wally has only to get on the treadmill, set it to the time and place he wants to go, and run to power it. It's been the cause of a few excellent adventures, as well as some bogus journeys.
>
> Speed force attunement
> Because of his link with the Speed Force, Wally West is able to commune with it and sense and track any speedster, no matter when or where they are. It's a subtle but very useful aspect of his power.
>
> Quick formula
> Wally knows the speed formula which gave Johnny and Jesse Quick their speed. He doesn't use it often, and the first time was to give him an extra boost on top of his natural superspeed and to help him reach the Speed Force. Since then, his natural speed has been adequate to get there alone, so he's never had to use it. He still knows the formula, however, and by reciting the equation "3x2(9yz)4a" and conceptualizing the fourth dimensional construct that goes with it, Wally can stack the added superspeed of the Quick's on top of his own. A side effect of when he does this is that for a brief moment, time is frozen for everyone except Wally during which the added link to the Speed Force seems to interfere with his natural one, or perhaps elbows it aside for a bit in order to provide its form of superspeed. The effect is unnoticeable to anyone in the normal timestream, however, and as soon as the "time-hiccup" or whatever one calls it passes, Wally has extra superspeed. This added link to the Speed Force neither supercedes nor interferes with his natural link besides that momentary timefreeze, and it allows him all of the normal powers that he normally has with his own superspeed.

Quick Freeze
and the doctor still turns him into a retarted duck as soon as the match starts the match starts big grin

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
and the doctor still turns him into a retarted duck as soon as the match starts the match starts big grin

flash transcendent speed. remember

Quick Freeze
um jeroen will already have shields up before the match starts, so even if he doesnt decide to make flash's head lemonade, flash cant touch him

Spawnrules
in prep flash and gl find a weak spot to break the generator, and destro it

Quick Freeze
roll eyes (sarcastic)

demigawd
The younger Green Arrow proved it was possible. He noticed a Flash clone was moving in a predictable pattern and shot at where he would be, not where he was. Also, I forgot to mention that cities give Jack prescience. Meaning he WILL know exactly what they are going to do before they do it.

But that's the thing...when you move THAT fast, it doesn't matter if someone can predict where you're going to be. Flash would be able to see that arrow on its way to intercept him, and he's just change on the fly. It's like when you're running down the block, and you see some old lady on a collision course with you, do you just say, "Oh no, we're going to be in the same spot at the same time, I'm doomed!"? No, you get out the way...you're fast enough and she's slow enough to pull it off.

Ditto with an arrow and a FTL runner.

What's the purpose of prep then? Everyone always invents a scenario for their team to do right off the bat anyway so the need for the characters to converse is eliminated.

I always saw prep as what you do to build devices, bring stuff to the fight with you, etc. But not take offensive or defensive action. At least that's how I saw it?

Dizzle
I always saw prep as what you do to build devices, bring stuff to the fight with you, etc. But not take offensive or defensive action. At least that's how I saw it?

Depends who you are... Reed Richards would best spend his prep like that, where the Doctor best spends his prep time making himself faster than Wally, 50 feet tall, and covering himself with a forcefield. It's all taking defensive action, really, just from a different source. Prep time also implies that there wouldn't be offense going on too, so I'd agree there.

I'm still a fan of the Doctor making himself a speedster though. It's like 1 upping Wally with a GL ring...

Oh, and Quick Freeze, this is the Evil Doctor, not Jeroen. (don't worry, I called him Jeroen for a page and a half too...)

Quick Freeze
"evil" should be in caps!!! embarrasment

it still doesnt make a difference, evil doc can take both these guys in the first second hands down when given prep

speedblitz thumb down

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
"evil" should be in caps!!! embarrasment

it still doesnt make a difference, evil doc can take both these guys in the first second hands down when given prep

speedblitz thumb down
you guys are repeating the same reason over and over, again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.