What is wit remakes and sequals?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Horror_Chic
Has anyone noticed almost every movie that comes out is either a sequal or remake?? i mean are ppl just lazy or something??
what do u guys think??

Ast
People keep paying to see them, so they will keep making them.

DarkWizard
Discussion over. erm

King_Thorin
yep, uumm hhmm

StinkFist462
wat is wit ur spelin?

King_Thorin
Que?shock

DarkWizard
laughing

Originally posted by StinkFist462
wat is wit ur spelin?

Makedde
Most sequels nowadays are crap.

Ast
*crosses fingers for POTC 2* sad

Impediment
*cough! cough! TCM:Origin Cough! cough! Sequel of a remake? Oh yeah. I'd rather get dental surgery than watch this.

Smasandian
Not all sequels and remakes suck. But the majority of them do.

Lighthammer
Most sequels suck. But there have been a few good sequels, I mena Blade II wsas an awesome movie and Waynes World 2 was okay.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
*cough! cough! TCM:Origin Cough! cough! Sequel of a remake? Oh yeah. I'd rather get dental surgery than watch this.
Don't forget Dawn of the Dead 2.

Eddie Murphy seems to like remakes and sequels to remakes (Nutty Professor, Dr. Dolittle).

Impediment
Originally posted by Wolfie
Eddie Murphy seems to like remakes and sequels to remakes (Nutty Professor, Dr. Dolittle).
The remake of Dr. Dolittle was a complete 180 degree from the original story. Personally, I'd have enjoyed a helluva lot more if they hadn't named it "Dr. Dolittle".

ladygrim
Originally posted by Makedde
Most sequels nowadays are crap.

replace most with all

Lighthammer
Hey all sequles are not crap. Blade II is one of the best action movies everymade, so don't be so quick to label them all bad, though msost are.

Makedde
Originally posted by ladygrim
replace most with all

Terminator 2 was a sequel, and is better than the original.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by DarkWizard
I think there is a thread like this somewhere, but MDF needs new material so here's my opinion.

Terminator 2 was better than The Terminator Because the effects were better, and the Characters were better And overall James cameron had more experience as a director when he Directed T2, Which led to a better overall Sequel. But I prefer The First Terminator over the 3rd. Don't get me wrong, The third one was pretty awesome IMO. But the casting for John connor was pretty bad, to say the least.

Honestley, I liked the First X-men Better than the 2nd. The way they introduce the Characters in the first X-men movie was done extremley well, and I really enjoyed it. But as far as entertainment goes I preffer the 2nd, It was funnier and and had more action, which can really mess up a film when done wrong. But this time it was done right.

I Disliked Star Trek: The motion Picture, because when compared to 'Star Trek 2 The wrath of Khan' it was crap. Star Trek 2 is one of my favorite films to date. Great ending, and great suspense. Live long and prosper.

As Far as Rocky Goes, The origian 'Rocky' movie was superrior amungst other Rocky sequels. I'm still sontemplating on if Rocky 6 will blow, or be half way decent.

I also Disliked all Highlander sequels. But I really enjoy the first. The idea for that film was incredibly original, in a good way. And It's a wonder that Idea wasn't taken before.

The Godfather Part 2 better than the first one IMO. Mostly because of Robert Deniro's performance and story. It was great, and kept me looking at the film a little better than the first. But by all means the first one was excellent too. I just preffered Robert Deniro's little Prequel-like story, and how he came to be the Don.

The indiana Jones sequels were better than the original Indiana Jones film. But that's only my opinion. I think the sequels were done very well, and are the best sequels when compared to the original to date. Again, I'm not saying the first one was bad.

Nightmare on Elmstreet: 3 Was better than the first. It had a better plot outline overall, and I thuroghlly enjoyed every minute of it. High class horror entertainment. IMO.

The bourne Identity is much better than the sequel IMO, it had excellent cinematography for a action movie, and The sequel lagged behind just a tad. I really didn't even feel like watching the second one.

The first Die Hard was excellent, absolutely awesome. But the next 2 were mediocre. and i dont know what the 4th is going to be like. The idea of terrorists threats got dull after a while.

The First Matrix will outbeat the Any of the sequils any fay of the week. I watch the 2nd Matrix for the action, The 3rd matrix for the cool effects. But I watch the 1st because it blends the 2nd and 3rd together and adds originality and story, making it a solid all around fillm.

I could go on for alot longer, but right now I want to mention batman begins. Batman begins is much better than any other Batman film ever made. Chris Nolan And David S. Goyer put their heart and soul into this film, and it prevailed most magninficently.

ladygrim
i thought last year was the year of the sequels but it seems theres more set to be out this year than last erm joy

DarkWizard
i thought last year was the year of the sequels but it seems theres more set to be out this year than last erm joy

Oh yes. But this year is titled 'Return of the Geezers'.

Ast
replace most with all

Thats harsh, there are some sequels that are better. stick out tongue

Remakes on the other hand. erm

Evil_Ash
The horror genre are the most notorious for its spawn of pointless, and amatour sequels. Althought its happen quite a few times that horror sequels have outdone their originals in both pace and in entertainment.

Remakes is now one thing that I'm completly against at, and the Fog is one of the few examples of my hatred for it

Mr Parker
well as long as movies are made well then duh of course theres going to be sequels but thats a good point about remakes I mean geez they just HAD to go and make another king kong movie.that was redicules they already made one in 1976 to the original 1933 one,they sure as hell didnt need ANOTHER one dammit. mad

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Remakes is now one thing that I'm completly against at, and the Fog is one of the few examples of my hatred for it

Reservoir Dogs thumb up = City on fire thumb up

DeVi| D0do
The Cape Fear remake was about as good as the original, and I loved Jackson's King Kong... Those are the only ones I can think of that even come close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.