The Tick Vs. Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Two super-strong, nigh-invulverable, hulking creatures...and neither all that smart!!! Chairface Chippendale unleashes his most horrific idea...he'll trick Solomon Grundy into attacking The City and taking down his greatest nemesis...The Tick; as revenge for thwarting his diabolical scheme of writing his name across the moon.

The Tick and Arthur are having breakfast at their favorite diner with Sewer Urchin and American Maid...when suddenly The Tick hears his name called outside...
"SOLOMON GRUNDY MUST KILL TICK AND DESTROY THE CITY"....

With a mighty leap from the top of the diner, the crowd hears "SPOOOOOOOON!!" and the Tick lands feet first on top of Grundy, plummeting him to the ground...

"Naughty spawn...you interrupted my breakfast...(which happens to be the most important meal of the day for a superhero)...now prepare to EAT MY JUSTICE!!!"

So, does the mighty Tick stop the zombiefied powerhouse from destroying his beloved City???

DigiMark007
SPOOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!

...anyway, fights with The Tick in them are hard. We have no idea of the limits of his strength and durability, mainly because his comics aren't really concerned with them. He's gone throgh some crazy sh*t though, and has never really been seriously harmed (though he's been made woozy a couple of times).

I'd say Tick. But I'm biased and have nothing to back it up. Suffice it to say that these two would be pretty close though. The Tick needs some serious crossover action though. I want specific stats, damnit!

smile

DigiMark007
Also...

Comicbook_kid
yes, I agree...I'm kinda torn between the two also. I know in the cartoon, the Tick has taken A LOT of punishment and just walked away from it like nothing...once in an episode he fell from like a 100 story building, crashed thru the concrete, and got swiped by an oncoming subway train...and he just got up and dusted himself off and he was fine...He's also pretty *$@# strong so say the least...but I'm like you, I wish I knew exactly what his upmost strength level was. If I were to wager a bet, I wouldn't be afraid to say he's everybit as strong as the Thing is...if not a tad above him...

"YA DON'T EAT CRACKERS IN THE BED OF GOODNESS...NO SIR!!!!"- The Tick

DigiMark007
^^ Yeah, that alone makes him above Thing in durability....I guarantee you Thing would at least be in bad shape after something like that.

And while most of the tv shows are based off of comics, they aren't canon...and I'm not sure if that ever happened in a comic (though he's fallen off of plenty of tall buildings).

Dizzle
Hahaha, the Tick... I'm pretty sure he's got "Real invulnerability, as opposed to the wussy fake invulnerablity that everyone else has." The randomness is part of what makes him hilarious. Honestly, would you really LIKE it if his strength and durability were quantified? I ssure as hell wouldn't, "Really strong" is shall stay!

Oh, and Grundy's lost to Batman in pure physical combat. Twice. Two too many for me to take seriously, even if it IS the mightiest jobber aura in comics this side of Wolverine. SPOOOOOOOOON wins the day.

grey fox
The tick , nigh invulnerability , super-strength and a bad-ass catch phrase.

Grundy , a stupid looking albino guy who is in a serious need for some pants

Comicbook_kid
The Tick would say something to the effect of Solomon Grundy smelling worse than his fellow crime fighter Sewer Urchin, and how "bad" smells bad and how "good" smells good...and punch Grundy thru about half dozen buildings....

Comicbook_kid
rock THE TICK WILL ROCK GRUNDY'S WORLD

Tron
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
yes, I agree...I'm kinda torn between the two also. I know in the cartoon, the Tick has taken A LOT of punishment and just walked away from it like nothing...once in an episode he fell from like a 100 story building, crashed thru the concrete, and got swiped by an oncoming subway train...and he just got up and dusted himself off and he was fine...He's also pretty *$@# strong so say the least...but I'm like you, I wish I knew exactly what his upmost strength level was. If I were to wager a bet, I wouldn't be afraid to say he's everybit as strong as the Thing is...if not a tad above him...

"YA DON'T EAT CRACKERS IN THE BED OF GOODNESS...NO SIR!!!!"- The Tick

Don't forget that he survived re-entry from space too.

Tha C-Master
I was just watching the Tick in the superhero bar and the Midnight Bomber of Midnight.

Horrificus
Tick ftw

Tron
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I was just watching the Tick in the superhero bar and the Midnight Bomber of Midnight.

That's "The Mad Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight."wink

Tha C-Master
With bombs... eek!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by DigiMark007
SPOOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!

galan7777777
Anyone that can beat dinosaur Neil's tongue can whoop on Grundy!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/The-tick.gif

complexbrother
SPOON !!!
http://www.thetick.ws/images/tick5sidekick.jpghttp://thetick.homestead.com/Spoon.Denise659.gif

"I'm the grit that irritates the eye of evil, and thy grit name is Justice !" ... The Tick

galan7777777
Originally posted by complexbrother
http://thetick.homestead.com/Spoon.Denise659.gif this scan rocks!

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Galan007
this scan rocks!

Co-signed!! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.