Prometheus runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
How far does Prometheus (DC) get? Can he clear the Gauntlet?

1 - Bane
2- Venom
3 - Thing
4 - Angry Hulk
5 - Terrax
6 - Thanos

PM gets an hour prep before each fight in which he can download any information from any database the Avengers/JLA has on any of the characters in the Gauntlet.

He also gets full use of his Cosmic Key.

GM (Grant Morrison) Modes ON> cool
Motivation: Neron will bring back his parents if PM clears the gauntlet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Prometheusdc.gif

Mider
what can his cosmic key do? i personally think if he can find a way to drain the gama radiation out of hulk he can get to terrax......how he would defeat him im not sure but then again id say he'd have to find a way to drain the very power cosmic, and he'd have to do the same with thanos. if i was him id download mantis fighting skills and then he'd kick the crap out of both thanos and terrax :P this is the same chick (mantis) who did a nerv pinch on thor and thanos and i dont think she even has super strength GET HER SKILLS DUDE YOU'LL MAKE IT TO THE END but if you cant get her skills better find a way to drain the power cosmic out of terrax and thanos oh and on another note if angry hulk can be mentally controlled thats another way prometheus can beat him since he is suppose to be able to controll minds right? also he can mess with hulks mind using the strobe lights.

chilled monkey
1 - Bane- Prometheus wins this one. He downloads Batman's skills, outmaneuovres him and rips the tubes out of his head.

2- Venom- No problem. He carries sonic weapons anyway and accesses files on Venom so he knows this weakness.

3 - Thing- I think that seismic generator in his nightstick could shatter Thing. Plus various gadgets can keep him off-balance.

4 - Angry Hulk- Strobe lights disorientate him and put him to sleep.

5 - Terrax- Tricky. Even if he could access the data to build a power-cosmic draining machine, could he build it in an hour? I'm not sure how the Cosmic Key works either. If he can use it to teleport Terrax to the Ghost Zone, then he wins.

6 - Thanos- As above. Plus Mider's idea about getting hold of Mantis's skills.

Cool thread by the way.

Darth Kal-El
You know, i have no idea. Due to hulk's ultimate regenerative ability, i say he either stops at 4 or 5.

golem370
A couple pics

golem370
Also

Darth Kal-El
who is that and what does he have to do with this thread?

golem370
Well that Pskylops and he trying to use mind blastes on Savage Hulk and it's not really working

profile-Powers/Abilities: Pskylop has hypnotic powers in the form of eye blasts that could force his victim to do his bidding as well as alter that victim's perception of reality. Psyklop can lift 25 tons and has superhuman speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes, as well as metahuman durability, though he is only an average hand-to-hand combatant. He also had double jointed limbs, sharpened canine teeth, a single compound eye, and four clawed digits (including opposable thumb) on each hand.

Psyklop is an inventive genius and has mastery of the advanced technology of his race, as well as some knowledge of the mystic arts. Psyklop had access to a large supply of incredibly advanced technology, including a hand-held ray-blaster capable of knocking out the Hulk via concussive force or sonic disruptor beams, and Spasm-rays, able to disrupt the nervous system of victims. His other equipment can shrink others to sub-atomic sizes, erase memories, teleport, etc. He used giant Lemurian slug creatures, giant robots, planetary view-scanners, a dreadnought-drill (capable of producing planet-wide earthquakes), and an essence-urn (capable of storing life forces of living beings).

Height: (On Earth) 8'
Weight: (On Earth) 450 lbs.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Mider
what can his cosmic key do? i personally think if he can find a way to drain the gama radiation out of hulk he can get to terrax......how he would defeat him im not sure but then again id say he'd have to find a way to drain the very power cosmic, and he'd have to do the same with thanos. if i was him id download mantis fighting skills and then he'd kick the crap out of both thanos and terrax :P this is the same chick (mantis) who did a nerv pinch on thor and thanos and i dont think she even has super strength GET HER SKILLS DUDE YOU'LL MAKE IT TO THE END but if you cant get her skills better find a way to drain the power cosmic out of terrax and thanos oh and on another note if angry hulk can be mentally controlled thats another way prometheus can beat him since he is suppose to be able to controll minds right? also he can mess with hulks mind using the strobe lights.

Good Question. His cosmic key can:

A: Absorb essences and matter.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7643/retro5xi.th.jpg

B: Teleport himself or others with a thought in and out of limbo.
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4412/pro4yl.th.jpg

Mider
that sounds kinda like the soul gem so he can use that on the last three actually HE HAD BETTER USE THAT DAMN KEY or download mantis skills :P

And question has he always had that cosmic key or when did he start using it?

Tron
Originally posted by golem370
Well that Pskylops and he trying to use mind blastes on Savage Hulk and it's not really working

profile-Powers/Abilities: Pskylop has hypnotic powers in the form of eye blasts that could force his victim to do his bidding as well as alter that victim's perception of reality. Psyklop can lift 25 tons and has superhuman speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes, as well as metahuman durability, though he is only an average hand-to-hand combatant. He also had double jointed limbs, sharpened canine teeth, a single compound eye, and four clawed digits (including opposable thumb) on each hand.

Psyklop is an inventive genius and has mastery of the advanced technology of his race, as well as some knowledge of the mystic arts. Psyklop had access to a large supply of incredibly advanced technology, including a hand-held ray-blaster capable of knocking out the Hulk via concussive force or sonic disruptor beams, and Spasm-rays, able to disrupt the nervous system of victims. His other equipment can shrink others to sub-atomic sizes, erase memories, teleport, etc. He used giant Lemurian slug creatures, giant robots, planetary view-scanners, a dreadnought-drill (capable of producing planet-wide earthquakes), and an essence-urn (capable of storing life forces of living beings).

Height: (On Earth) 8'
Weight: (On Earth) 450 lbs.

I'll repeat the last question:

What does that have to do with this thread?

Mider
hes just saying if another mind controlling mutant cant take over hulks mind neither can promethus since i believe promethus can hypnotize with his helmet but anyway i think he can defeat all these guys especially since he has the cosmic key

Sixth_Winged
Prometheus is soo not that currently....

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Mider
that sounds kinda like the soul gem so he can use that on the last three actually HE HAD BETTER USE THAT DAMN KEY or download mantis skills :P

And question has he always had that cosmic key or when did he start using it?

He's always had it, it's part of his standard gear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.