Favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger Film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
He's had so many classics and non-stop action movies!

Which ones were your favorite?

Just in case anyone forgot, here is a link to a list of his films (you may need to scroll down a bit):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger#Filmography

Come, Arnold-fans, and rejoice!

cool

Spartan005
I think True Lies and Terminator 2 and 3 were his best movies cool

ikklezoe
I Love Terminator 2... the others wasn't tooo bad but i prefer the 2nd one!! oh and i had to admit it but Kindergarten Cop oh and jingle all the way hehe

WrathfulDwarf
Conan The Barbarian

MildPossession
Terminator
Terminator 2
Total Recall
Predator
True Lies

Mr Parker
The original Terminater baby.Then Terminater two then Conan.Spartan,pleaseeeeeee tell us you made a mistake and meant to say terminater one and two were your two favorites and not that god awful terminater 3? sick

Darkman87
Terminator movies. He was pretty good acting as a machine.

Scarecrow756
The Terminator
Terminator 2
Twins
Eraser
Last Action Hero
Jingle all the way
Junior

Spartan005
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Spartan,pleaseeeeeee tell us you made a mistake and meant to say terminater one and two were your two favorites and not that god awful terminater 3? sick

Actually the third one was probably my favorite.... and since I was born years after the first one came out, I guess I just don't really appreciate it as much.

DarkWizard
Predator
Terminator 1/2
Last Action Hero

He also made an appearance in 'Crash'...

ninja

Ast
T2 cool

Myth
Originally posted by DarkWizard

Terminator 1/2

I don't believe there was a Terminator 1/2. wink

I say Terminator 2, Predator, then Total Recall.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Myth
I don't believe there was a Terminator 1/2. wink

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Terminator 1 & Terminator 2.

Impediment
In a film that showed off his acting abilities: Predator and Terminator 2

In a film that showed him as a complete badass: Conan the Barbarian and Terminator.

King_Thorin
Conan the Barbarian
Terminator
True Lies
Kindergarten Cop
Red Dawn
Total Recall
Running Man

Nevermind
I'd probably say these:

Terminator 2
Total Recall
Last Action Hero
Kindergarten Cop
Junior
Twins

Myth
I'm surprised how much Predator is being overlooked here. Last Action Hero on a list without Predator? Blasphemy!

papabeard
Predator / Total Recall and Running Man, depending on what mood im in, arrrgghhhh I cant decide, maybe commando.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by papabeard
maybe commando.

Commando was hilarious! laughing

papabeard
Originally posted by DarkWizard
Commando was hilarious! laughing

I know, and I f@cking love it laughing

Goon - " you said you would kill me last......."

Arnie - "I lied" laughing out loud

and I love Conan the Barbarian too, is he in Red Sonja also?

SnakeEyes
Yup...

Nobody's mentioned End of Days. It's not a classic of his....but....

HE TAKES ON SATAN!

Gotta give him credit for that.

Spartan005
^ That movie was kinda weird actually

Another movie of his that was pretty good was Eraser.... I just saw it for the first time a couple weeks ago. cool

King_Thorin

and I love Conan the Barbarian too, is he in Red Sonja also? yeah, if you pay attention, the movie seems more about him.erm

Wolfie
Total Recall

DarkWizard

I liked the beginning.

"Woah, I could sense a Chopper from 100 miles away" laughing out loud

Or when they slam into the pole with the car, and then it's perfectly untouched seconds later.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Spartan005

Actually the third one was probably my favorite.... and since I was born years after the first one came out, I guess I just don't really appreciate it as much.

well you sure are the first person I have ever heard say they like the third one the best.

general-pain
Predator
True Lies
The Terminator
Terminator 3

lordofwar
Commando
Cooke: You scared mother****er? Well you should be because this green beret is going to kick your big ass.
Matrix: I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry.

Bennett: John, I'm not going to shoot you between the eyes. I'm going to shoot you between the balls.

Matrix: Let off some steam, Bennett.

True Lies
Helen Tasker: Have you ever killed anyone?
Harry: Yeah, but they were all bad.

Makedde
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yup...

Nobody's mentioned End of Days. It's not a classic of his....but....

HE TAKES ON SATAN!

Gotta give him credit for that.

I though EOD was scary...

NPC

No,Its

Anrie" I like you Salie. I'll kill you last."

then later its

Arnie-" Remember when I said I'd kill you last?"

Salie-" Ya, you did! You did say that!"

Arnie-" I lied."

Predator, I think this is the only movie were Arnie is the underdog TRYING to win, lol.

Mišt
Batman and Robin no expression

But seriously...probably Eraser or End of Days as 'normal' films, T2/Commando for action, and Kindergarten Cop for 'comedy'.

"Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina" laughing out loud That always cracks me up...

Silverstein
Kindergarten cop and Jingle all the way are the best

VIDEODROME
Total Recall is my favorite. It's just great as an action movie and also has really great sci-fi in it to.

Quiero Mota
Predator

The Running Man

The Terminator

Twins

Raw Deal

redcaped
Bump Bump Bump Bump....Bump Bump Bump Bump!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Raw Deal

I think Raw Deal is one of his underrated action movies. Fairly good action film.

CrazyDragon
Terminator big grin

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by lordofwar
Commando
Cooke: You scared mother****er? Well you should be because this green beret is going to kick your big ass.
Matrix: I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry.

^ That made me laugh for at least ten minutes straight. I thought that was hilarious.

My favorites are T2, T3, Commando, Kindergarten Cop and Collateral Damage.

rockycairns
Terminator 2
End of Days
Commando
Conan the Barbarian
Terminator
Predator
Last Action Hero

sammii
Twins

carita
true lies

Metallikid
Probebly Last Action Hero and Predator 1

K.Diddy
He has had many but Total recall would have to be my favourite

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Metallikid
Probebly Last Action Hero and Predator 1

I hated Last action hero, one of his worst, imo

DarkWizard
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I hated Last action hero, one of his worst, imo

<- Liked it.

Thought it was a good idea. Good characters. Funny jokes.

gvendur_1
Terminator 1 and 2
True Lies
Conan The Barbarian

Were his best films

SnakeEyes
Never saw Conan... how good is it?

Pandemoniac
Conan is the mother of swords 'n fantasy movies! The storyline is rather simple but mostly entertaining and has a real epic feel about it. The photography and sets are excellent, lots of action and superb fights and a tight pace which however does leaves room for some humor and drama.
Arnold plays his most brutal character ever and the baddies are well developed with James Earl Jones ruling the screen as the ice cold remorseless leader.
Now off course this movie is already 24 years old, so the visual and violent impact it had on it's release won't be as impressive in these days, and it has a few flaws concerning the acting, but it is definitely a movie you must see.

Makedde
I loved the Conan movies, and True Lies is another favourite of mine, as well as Colateral Damage.

soleran30
Pumping Iron especially in the end when you see Arnold stoned drinking wine with a shirt on that say Arnold is numero Uno singing happy birthday to Lou Ferigno........................priceless that movie shows Arnold. Conan both movies and Predator after that.

Ethan Edwards
His best film is Terminator 2, by a wide margin, I'd say. A great action/thriller with some weight to it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by gvendur_1
Terminator 1 and 2
True Lies
Conan The Barbarian

Were his best films

yeah I totally agree with you.Especially with terminater 1 and two.those were masterpieces.

Buckaroo
kindergarten cops

PunisherKevin
I would have to say Terminator 2 but I do like Total Recall and most of his other movies.

Mindship
T1
T2
Predator
Pumping Iron

...not necessarily in that order.

Storm
If I have to make a choice, The Terminator.

T.M
T2 obviously..

True Lies.
Eraser.
Collateral Damage.

OK kidding on Collateral Damage.

systemshock2
Last Action Hero remains probably my favorite of his. It's a great movie within a movie, and I love all the little fun that it pokes on typical Hollywood movies and their action stars. Any movie where one of the characters asks Arnold how in one scene he can go from being completely oil-drenched to oil free is awesome IMO. This is one of the few movies where Arnold looks like he's having a blast throughout the entire thing. My favorite scene remains the one where he's hanging on the building elevator, and then in slow motion it breaks and he begins to fall down. That look on his face is priceless.

Darth Martin
1. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
2. Predator
3. The Terminator
4. Eraser
5. Commando/True Lies/Total Recall

ragesRemorse
Predator was the movie that made him a hero for me, but true lies and total recal are probably my favorite movies of his

exanda kane
Total Recall. Phillip K. Dick, you legend.

Tempe Brennan
Terminator 2 - definatley one of the best movies of the 20th century.

I doubt anyone would go for any of his comedies, lol

apoc001
Jingle All the Way

"He got two!"

"Put that cookie down! NOW!"

SelinaAndBruce
Terminator 2
Kindergarten Cop
Twins

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by apoc001
Jingle All the Way

"He got two!"

"Put that cookie down! NOW!"

JediSamuraiMRB
The Terminator and Conan the Barbarian

endrict
Terminator
Conan the Barbarian
Predator
Total Recall
Commando

Mr Parker
1.Terminater.
2.Terminater 2.Judgement Day
3.Conan The Barbarian.
"Terminater 3 sucked."

Blax_Hydralisk
I actually liked T3. The scene with the tow truck was awsome, and there's generally a lot of cool action and destruction in the movie that made it cool.

Also, Arnold's acting ability is really underrated. People have no idea how hard it is to have the same indifferent look on your face in every scene of a movie, as well as using the same tone of voice.

Mr Parker
Didnt you mean to say that his acting is under rated? From what you said after that it sounds like your very impressed with what he did in those movies? confused

Blax_Hydralisk
Meant to say underrated, yeah stick out tongue

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Meant to say underrated, yeah stick out tongue

LOL. big grin

Darth Martin
Terminator 3 as an action movie was good. It just didn't live up to the expectations of a "Terminator" film and failed to surpass or come anywhere near the first or second installment.

Blax_Hydralisk
I actually found T:II to be boring. And I didn't like that they killed off the black guy for literally no reason at all.

DarkC
Jingle all the Way.

laughing

SelinaAndBruce
T2? Boring? I think it was awesome. One of the rare sequels that surpassed it's predecessor.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
T2? Boring? I think it was awesome. One of the rare sequels that surpassed it's predecessor. Well it was kinda boring when they are showing Sarah Connor in the prison/institution. The rest is dope. cool Can't decide which one I like more btw T1 or T2. But Predator is aweswome.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Also, Arnold's acting ability is really underrated. People have no idea how hard it is to have the same indifferent look on your face in every scene of a movie, as well as using the same tone of voice.

I agree with that - no one could play Terminator quite like him. smile

Faith27
Termiantor 3 and True Lies....

SelphieT
the first Terminator

And of course Total Recall

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
I agree with that - no one could play Terminator quite like him. smile wink

JediSamuraiMRB
Also a good Schwarzenegger movie...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/PREDMOVIE.jpg

DarkC
Damn. I haven't seen True Lies for a really long time.

I just remember the scene where the dumb woman drops an Uzi down a flight of stairs and 'accidentally' kills like 5 terrorists. laughing Only in Hollywood.

bob4444
Terminator 1 and 2.

regina414
Funny, but my favorite is Jingle All The Way. I love to see Arnie doing comedic stuff.

Bicnarok

DarkC
Originally posted by regina414
Funny, but my favorite is Jingle All The Way. I love to see Arnie doing comedic stuff.
Yay, someone else who likes that movie...

=Tired Hiker=
I used to love Commando the most, but now I probably like Total Recall.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
T2? Boring? I think it was awesome. One of the rare sequels that surpassed it's predecessor.

yeah that makes no since whatsoever how anybody can say that movie is boring. roll eyes (sarcastic) a movie that had so much incredible action in it? whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic) now if someone said they didnt like it because it was too gory,well that would be a criticsm.but boring? laughing whatever.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Terminator 3 as an action movie was good. It just didn't live up to the expectations of a "Terminator" film and failed to surpass or come anywhere near the first or second installment.

yep.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I used to love Commando the most, but now I probably like Total Recall.

Commando was actually the most violent film I have ever seen, and still is

Menetnashté
I guess I'd have to say Predator. But it's hard to pick I love so many of his, I mean Jingle All The Way was great so were the terminator films. And of course Conan.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah that makes no since whatsoever how anybody can say that movie is boring. roll eyes (sarcastic) a movie that had so much incredible action in it? whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic) The action was sub-par and the kid was annoying as f*ck.

regina414
Arnie in a comedy flick is something nice. I like him in Jingle All The Way. Go Turbo Man!

Bardock42
Totally Total Recall for me.

Discos
call me plain, but it will always be Terminator 2.

second favourite?....probably between Total Recall or Running Man.

I was a total Arnie-head back in my early teen years and have seen motly all of his movies, but most of them seemed similar to the other. Commando was great but I really hated Predetor for some reason.

Darth Martin
Predator is probably his best acting performance along with the The Terminator. But the best movie he happend to star in was Terminator 2: Judgement Day with a great deal of praise going to Robert Patrick and Linda Hamilton.

aciam
Terminator 2 and True Lies- love the team-up with Jamie Lee Curtis

Darth Martin
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.