whas the use of god when the world's its goin the way itd go even without him present

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
what im saying is that god simply is USELESS. even with him there{if he is as many believe} all bad n ****ed up things happen. the world is twisted screwed etc. just like there wasnt a god/supreme authority, so what really is the USE of god even if he exists?

leonheartmm
its basically like, u sittin over a universe n not carin or doin anythin in it to influence it even if there are the most unfair and immoral things happenin n u let it continue not bein responsible in any way n still tellin people{in a sense} IM GOD, I CREATED YOU, WORSHIP ME, DO AS I SAY in words alone.

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by leonheartmm
what im saying is that god simply is USELESS. even with him there{if he is as many believe} all bad n ****ed up things happen. the world is twisted screwed etc. just like there wasnt a god/supreme authority, so what really is the USE of god even if he exists?
And in the bible it says that there will be a time when there will be wars, riots the like, technically what you just said. It all leads to the end of earth.

Mr Brightside
its basically like, u sittin over a universe n not carin or doin anythin in it to influence it even if there are the most unfair and immoral things happenin n u let it continue not bein responsible in any way n still tellin people{in a sense} IM GOD, I CREATED YOU, WORSHIP ME, DO AS I SAY in words alone.

Didn't he already do that but using people like Jesus? It would probably please him if we would believe in him WITHOUT a personal appearance.

leonheartmm
wars and riots have been happening since the dawn of mankind, not as SPECIFIC times which are miraculously predicted by the bible{its not much of a prediction to say there will be wars and riots, its a certainty} the world should have ended soon after adam and eve then. n ur not adressing the topic.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mr Brightside
And in the bible it says that there will be a time when there will be wars, riots the like, technically what you just said. It all leads to the end of earth.

War such a new thing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonheartmm
nope he hasnt. jesus was just a man who DIED cause he was gettin too much power and support and the bastard roman emporer cudnt handle it. he was killed just like any other notable enemy of the roman empire would be{the romans did regularly crucify and kill of hunger, people who they wanted to make examples out of, jesus didnt suffer a worse death than most others like him}

Shakyamunison
This world is heaven or hell. We are ones who make it one way of the other.

debbiejo
what im saying is that god simply is USELESS. even with him there{if he is as many believe} all bad n ****ed up things happen. the world is twisted screwed etc. just like there wasnt a god/supreme authority, so what really is the USE of god even if he exists? Well I believe we are always creating with a certain power allotted to us from a divine type source. We are doing it. When you have enough people thinking and feeling the same way, it changes outcomes...

Power of Attraction...Attraction to your thoughts.

sithsaber408
nope he hasnt. jesus was just a man who DIED cause he was gettin too much power and support and the bastard roman emporer cudnt handle it. he was killed just like any other notable enemy of the roman empire would be{the romans did regularly crucify and kill of hunger, people who they wanted to make examples out of, jesus didnt suffer a worse death than most others like him}

But he allowed it all to happen.

Check your history friend. He was executed at the hands of Pontius Pilot, due to the request of the Jewish priests/pharisees.

The king of Judah (Herod) found no guilt and wouldn't order his death. Pilot washed his hands of it because he found no guilt in him either.

That is in Roman history, not just the Bible.

The Jewish priests/phairsees allowed him a way out, ... all he had to do was say that he wasn't the son of God. (that was the whole charge: blasphemy, becuase he was healing people and saying he was God's son).

He could have avoided execution by denying he was the son of God. All he had to do was say so.

He remained silent.

So technically, he killed himself. wink

As my grandpa used to say: "He was either the craziest son of a b*tch that ever lived,... or he was the son of God. It's up to you to decide." smile

leonheartmm
and most captives of war{actually civilians} in kashmir who are unjustly captured and tortured by the indian army{raped etc} are given a choice to say that islam and the prophet is false or die, n almost all choose death{authenticated, this is not sumthin i pulled out of my ass}. may people die for their beliefs, but jesus didnt die a death more painful than other people who went up against n partialy succeded against the roman empire{btw, that IS bible history, cause rome DID turn christian afterwards n many facts were manipulated by the early church n authorities.

sithsaber408
Nobody is saying that Jesus had the worst death of all time, or that he suffered the most. (Heck, Peter was crucified upside down!)

I do believe what you say about the Muslim's, as many people die for their faith.

I don't dispute that the Roman's weren't looking at Jesus, as people at the time were beginning to follow him, but he never "partially succeded in going up against the Roman Empire."

He was never here for that, and never said he was either.

Constantine forming a Christian Rome some years later doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Also, unlike the works of Aristotle or the writings of Ceaser(only ten copies made) which took hundreds of years to be produced from the origianls (I think Aristotle only had 30) there were more than 100 original copies of the New Testament made, and they were all available within 30 years of the events happening.

Any tampering would have been easy to spot, and as the original Greek and Hebrew versions are still availble for viewing today, (with minor translation differences),.... anybody can compare the modern Bible with the "original" Bible and see that it is the same work.

maham
well, we believe that Jesus was only a Prophet n He didn't die but was ascended up to Heavens n that where Allah's help comes.He didn't let Him die.

Wonderer

You are right, God is useless, because God is the world, God is existence. God is not supposed to be usefull, God is nature, and nature is a creative moment of eternal proportions.

God is not something that needs to save or help the world. God is all that you sense around you, and all that you do not sense or understand. That which we cannot explain ever, is God - the mystery and wonder of being. If you realise this, that you are a molecule inside God, you will vibrate to the rhythm of the universe, to the rhythm of the eternity of God.

You see, nature and God do not see evil, good and bad, comfort and suffering in life like we do, it simply is. We label things as good and bad, but in reality things simply are. That's God or being, if you like, and even the atheist experiences God.

finti
not a divine one

debbiejo
Originally posted by Wonderer
You see, nature and God do not see evil, good and bad, comfort and suffering in life like we do, it simply is. We label things as good and bad, but in reality things simply are. That's God or being, if you like, and even the atheist experiences God. That's how I kinda see it too.. It's in everything and changes according to our will if you like. We influence what is around us, visible and invisible.......I think this is what Jesus was trying to say along with other beliefs also. Older ones that realized this.

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by maham
well, we believe that Jesus was only a Prophet n He didn't die but was ascended up to Heavens n that where Allah's help comes.He didn't let Him die.

So your saying that he went on the cross because....?

Mindship
Strictly speaking, God is not a superhero.

Shakyamunison
So your saying that he went on the cross because....?

He? cross?

The biggest conspiracy theory ever.

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
He? cross?

The biggest conspiracy theory ever.
You know something? Now i know you're just searching for excuses!
There is just as much proof of it being a conspiracy as there is proof of aliens visiting the planet.

Shakyamunison

finti
or like this: a bit of both...

A spaceman came traveling on his ship from afar
Twas light years of time since his mission did start
And over a village he halted his craft
And it hung in the sky like a star
Just like a star

He followed a light and came down to a shed
Where a mother and child were lying there on a bed
A bright light of silver shone round his head
And he had the face of an angel
And they were afraid

Then the stranger spoke
He said" Do not fear
I come from a planet a long way from here
And I bring a message for mankind to hear"
And suddenly the sweetest music filled the air - Chris DeBurgh

finti
and for those who havent made the connection yet here is the rest:

And it went la la
Peace and goodwill to all men
And love for the child

This lovely music went trembling through the ground
And many were wakened on hearing that sound
And travelers on the road
The village they found by the light of that ship in the sky
Which shone all around

And just before dawn
At the paling of the sky
The stranger returned and said " Now I must fly
When two thousand years of your time has gone by
This song will begin once again, to a baby's cry "
And it went la la
This song will begin once again
To a baby's cry
And it goes la la
Peace and goodwill to all men
And love for the child

Oh the whole world is waiting
Waiting to hear the song again
There are thousands standing on the edge of the world
And a star is moving somewhere
The time is nearly here
This song will begin once again
To a baby's cry - (still) Chris DeBurgh

debbiejo

finti
There's always the sun.
mmmm
There's always the sun.
Always, always,always the sun - Stranglers

debbiejo
Somebody sure likes singin today... beer

Mr Brightside

Shakyamunison
So he died on a cross.... And for some absolute random reason everyone changes what happens?
And anyway, i've never heard of a story of a UFO change, it has been the simple "I saw this strange light move above one of my cows, and in a blink of light the cow and the light dissappeared!" There is no time to write about them.

It's like the theory of evolution came from the mind of a man who had no proof when he thought it up, and people just built on it so they could try and hide from god.

I guess you are a lost cause.

finti
just like the bible then

Bardock42

You think the world is screwed. God might not.

Then he created all that stuff..makes him useful to some extend. And for some reaosn you seem to have the notion that Earth is somehow important, maybe earth is just a bad example so all other planets can laugh about us.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42

Then he created all that stuff..makes him useful to some extend. And for some reaosn you seem to have the notion that Earth is somehow important, maybe earth is just a bad example so all other planets can laugh about us.

eek! and you are an optimist.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42

Then he created all that stuff..makes him useful to some extend. And for some reaosn you seem to have the notion that Earth is somehow important, maybe earth is just a bad example so all other planets can laugh about us. There are authors that have said the same.....We are the "Dump planet".....The one no one wants to go to...Kinda like hell.... huh

AOR

Bad men are made for good times, and good men are made for bad times. God's the guy in the middle finding the people in the latter....

Lord Follen
It's like the theory of evolution came from the mind of a man who had no proof when he thought it up, and people just built on it so they could try and hide from god.
Their is more proff of evolution than any religon can prove god thanks to Charles Darwin.

Makedde
Jesus killed himself, he allowed himself to die. God just sits back and watches us all die, he watches us start wars, kill people, hate each other etc, and does nothing.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Makedde
Jesus killed himself, he allowed himself to die. God just sits back and watches us all die, he watches us start wars, kill people, hate each other etc, and does nothing.

Or does he? laughing

Makedde
Or does he? laughing

Nah, he sits on his lazy arse and lets us kill ourselves.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Makedde
Nah, he sits on his lazy arse and lets us kill ourselves.

Well, if you see my other post, you will see what I'm talking about. big grin

Wonderer
Stupidity and arrogance is what causes people like you spoiled idiots in this forum not to know what you are talking about.

You can be glad God is not as observant as I am. laughing

Shakyamunison
Stupidity and arrogance is what causes people like you spoiled idiots in this forum not to know what you are talking about.

You can be glad God is not as observant as I am. laughing

Stupidity and arrogance causes smart people to not know what they are talking about as well. big grin

Quiero Mota

God does not physically interfere with Earthly affairs. If two nations decide to go to war, no big magical hand is going to come out the sky and stop it. Free will is a gift that is often abused. However this world is only material and Earthly emotion is merely a temporary thing. If you're also Christian and you're questioning the world, I would advise you to live your life and look forward to a good afterlife.

Wonderer
Stupidity and arrogance causes smart people to not know what they are talking about as well. big grin

Are you trying to be smart, stupid or arrogant now? laughing

Shakyamunison
Are you trying to be smart, stupid or arrogant now? laughing

I like to mix them all and play like I was whob. eek! laughing jk

debbiejo
It's not a multiple choice??? roll eyes (sarcastic) .j/k

leonheartmm
oh no wait, god is not as observant as you are?! your superior to god?! u do realize that u just dismissed god's omnipotence/omniscience dont you?

FeceMan
Look.

If you're going to insult God, you could at least be grammatically correct in doing so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.