Doomsday Vs. The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
How would Marvel's greatest superhero team fare against the ultimate weapon of destruction? There is no prep because Doomsday attacks Avengers mansion all of a sudden and catches everyone off-guard...

The Avengers roster includes :
1. Captain America
2. Black Panther
3. Ironman
4. Vision
5. Scarlet Witch
6. Giantman
7. Hawkman
8. Wonderman
9. Quicksilver
10. She-Hulk

P.S. - The is NO THOR in this battle due to him having to be in Asgard in another battle...sorry Thor fans embarrasment

Mider
even if thor was there he'd likely get killed and i never knew hawkman was part of the avengers but Doomsday at his best would murder them all.

Comicbook_kid
Sorry, THERE IS NO HAWKMAN in this battle...that was my mistake...so scratch out Hawkman from that list and substitue the Wasp if you'd like...I REPEAT....NO HAWKMAN...my bad!!!!!!!!!

TheKahn
The only way I could see the Avengers winning is for Ironman to use his force fields and toss Doomsday into space. Other than that, it isn't looking too good for them

Mider
ok since when has iron man had that kind of strengh? and i dont think the field is strong enough to keep doomsday from smashing it. Also i think there isnt anyone on the team fast enough to grab him that they would be able to toss him into space.

Comicbook_kid
Just wanted to say that I didn't mean to put Hawkman on the list at the top...that was suppossed to be HAWKEYE....NOT HAWKMAN. That was a mistake on my part, do disregard the Hawkman and substitue Hawkeye instead; but I don't think it's going to make much difference...the Avengers are going to have one hell of a time with or without Hawkeye taking down Doomsday...but the Avengers have taken down some incredibly powerful foes in the past before, so they are not a team to underestimate...

Wynndar
certainly right...one individual DC villain taking on the Avengers is not likely.

Mider
i can see scarlet witches hex being a problem for him even at her original form has doomsday ever encountered magic or things like that?

Marcus4600
Is this post-terragen mist Quicksilver? (now he's quicker than the Flash)

grey fox
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Is this post-terragen mist Quicksilver? (now he's quicker than the Flash)

No he's not , he just has time travel abilities.

And doomsday would tear this team a new one , as earlier stated Ironman's the only one who has a chance. Even then though it's through BFR

Mider
iron man whatttttttt how? his field wouldnt hold up for long and were does he get this strengh to lift up doomsday

grey fox
Originally posted by Mider
iron man whatttttttt how? his field wouldnt hold up for long and were does he get this strengh to lift up doomsday

He'd grab doomsday in a forcefield and fling him out of earth's atmosphere . Bfr .

Mider
hope that field is strong and that wouldnt really work for long he'd make his way back

AJ4LIFE
they are a weak team for avengers the team that could beat him are the 7 best heros in marvel they:
cap america, hulk, spiderman,thor, iron man, namor, worlverine,

Fanboy
Originally posted by Mider
i can see scarlet witches hex being a problem for him even at her original form has doomsday ever encountered magic or things like that?

Yeah when Thor caved his head in JLA/AVENGERS 4/4.

Marcus4600
I could see Wanda turning him into a puppy.

Knightfall93
Is JLA/avengers in continity?

Knightfall93
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
they are a weak team for avengers the team that could beat him are the 7 best heros in marvel they:
So... an arrogant old man, a wimpy professor, a nerd, a mad gy who believes hes a god, a Steven hawkin rip off, a dr spock rip off and an amnesiac with a mad haircut and a wolf fixtion can beat a huge grea monster with venomous barbs and loads of other crap? Hmm...

leonidas
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE

confused

anyway . . .

even dos dd wipes out this set of avengers -- assuming this is sw at her regular level of power. im would be the only 'minor' challenge. h/p or above slaughters them so bad everyone forgets there ever WERE avengers . . .

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
He'd grab doomsday in a forcefield and fling him out of earth's atmosphere . Bfr . You mean, like how Superman tried to fling him out of Metropolis and learned that Doomsday could control his momentum and direction?

TheKahn
Unless they use battle field removal, just about any group of Avengers would eventually get slaughtered.

Juntai
Originally posted by TheKahn
Unless they use battle field removal, just about any group of Avengers would eventually get slaughtered. Pretty much. That's even how they 'beat' him in DC.

Knightfall93
Yeah, but he'll be immune to that now!

Deicide
Doomsday single-handedly handed the JLA their collective asses in the Death of Superman, with one hand behind his back no less!! the JLA are greater in number than both the Avengers factions. so how could the Avengers hold up?? the only one of the JLA who prolly could have dealt with Doomsday would have been Green Lantern, and he wasnt there. Thor could maybe open another dimension and send him thru with his hammer. like banish him to a frozen ice realm or something. if he was quick enough, remember Doomsday was too fast for Supes and the JLA.

grey fox
So doomsday just basically wrecks all of them before dominating marvel earth.

Juntai
Originally posted by Deicide
Doomsday single-handedly handed the JLA their collective asses in the Death of Superman, with one hand behind his back no less!! the JLA are greater in number than both the Avengers factions. so how could the Avengers hold up?? the only one of the JLA who prolly could have dealt with Doomsday would have been Green Lantern, and he wasnt there. Thor could maybe open another dimension and send him thru with his hammer. like banish him to a frozen ice realm or something. if he was quick enough, remember Doomsday was too fast for Supes and the JLA. GL was there, one of the first to go down. They arrived as a unit, and Guy Gardner ran out front and before he could finish saying he'd handle Doomsday that he got beaten and his head smashed on a rock.

Guys rebuttle to this was saying that Doomsday was "so fast he couldn't see him move", and that he was "too powerful" before going unconscious.

olympian
"even if thor was there he'd likely get killed and i never knew hawkman was part of the avengers but Doomsday at his best would murder them all."

Oly- Thor alone has the means to take him out.

- - -

"Doomsday single-handedly handed the JLA their collective asses in the Death of Superman, with one hand behind his back no less!! the JLA are greater in number than both the Avengers factions"

Oly- That Jla team wasent A list either.

leonidas
and that avengers line up has no one close to gl powerlevels.

poor avengers . . . sad

you'd need a special group of avengers to deal with dd. a line up like:

thor
sersi
hercules
ironman
photon
quasar
gilgamesh

may be able to take dd out . . .

but that is one seriously bad ass set of avengers . . .

Deicide
Guy gardner had a yellow ring if im not mistaken. I dont know if that as powerful as a Green ring but I was meaning Hal Jordan GL.

olympian
With that i agree. The team in this thread its weak.

That one you used would win against any regular Doomsday. And have shots against the higher ones.

leonidas
Originally posted by olympian
With that i agree. The team in this thread its weak.

That one you used would win against any regular Doomsday. And have shots against the higher ones.

yes

be interesting to see how they'd fare against h/p dd. that's a powerful line up i whipped together . . . big grin

Juntai
Not a weak team though. Bloodwynd, Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, others.

And Guy was a green lantern at the time. No yellow ring.

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
GL was there, one of the first to go down. They arrived as a unit, and Guy Gardner ran out front and before he could finish saying he'd handle Doomsday that he got beaten and his head smashed on a rock.

Guys rebuttle to this was saying that Doomsday was "so fast he couldn't see him move", and that he was "too powerful" before going unconscious.

I thought guy wasn't a very good Gl , compared to all the others ?

Knightfall93
No... or was it in world without that he had his yellow ring?

Juntai
I thought guy wasn't a very good Gl , compared to all the others ? His willpower's not as strong as Hal's, and his creativity isn't as good as Kyle's. But to claim he's not a very good GL is something else entirely. Guy's a survivor.

grey fox
His willpower's not as strong as Hal's, and his creativity isn't as good as Kyle's. But to claim he's not a very good GL is something else entirely. Guy's a survivor.

Ok , i knew about the lack of creativity (i heard all he used the ring for were a pair of boxing gloves and laser blasts) . I can get the survivor part though , considering that he lived from an attack by doomsday.

Juntai
Originally posted by Knightfall93
No... or was it in world without that he had his yellow ring? He was Green Lantern before he ever got the yellow ring. Guy's been around for a long time, and most of that time, he was Green Lantern.

olympian
"be interesting to see how they'd fare against h/p dd. that's a powerful line up i whipped together . . "

Oly- Your line up has the muscle to put a hurt on him, has the versability and definatly the power. I mean Sersi, Thor -and- Quasar in the same team? Thats huge amounts of power.

grey fox
"be interesting to see how they'd fare against h/p dd. that's a powerful line up i whipped together . . "

Oly- Your line up has the muscle to put a hurt on him, has the versability and definatly the power. I mean Sersi, Thor -and- Quasar in the same team? Thats huge amounts of power.

But isn't H/P DD immune to Super-Strength punches ? , other then a Bfr by Iron man I still don't see how they could beat H/P doomsday.

olympian
"But isn't H/P DD immune to Super-Strength punches ? , other then a Bfr by Iron man I still don't see how they could beat H/P doomsday."

Oly- Imune? Ive read HP Doomsday and i dont recall that.

grey fox
"But isn't H/P DD immune to Super-Strength punches ? , other then a Bfr by Iron man I still don't see how they could beat H/P doomsday."

Oly- Imune? Ive read HP Doomsday and i dont recall that.

No what i mean is , H/P is after his original death correct ?

I heard he had evolved over death by super strength punches.

Juntai
No what i mean is , H/P is after his original death correct ?

I heard he had evolved over death by super strength punches. Not really provable for anyone to argue for or against that.

grey fox
Not really provable for anyone to argue for or against that.

True , because then that's like saying he's evolved beyond punches....hmmmm

leonidas
i think you can say he may have evolved beyond the point that a superman level character can defeat him physically. there is no top tier hero who could beat h/p dd in a strictly physical contest save perhaps the hulk because he is capable of getting stronger as the fight goes on.

grey fox
Originally posted by leonidas
i think you can say he may have evolved beyond the point that a superman level character can defeat him physically. there is no top tier hero who could beat h/p dd in a strictly physical contest save perhaps the hulk because he is capable of getting stronger as the fight goes on.

So we need to get a character who is beyond supes in strength level ... out of curiosity, couldn't supes just sun dip and then beat the living crap out of doomsday ?

TheKahn
So we need to get a character who is beyond supes in strength level ... out of curiosity, couldn't supes just sun dip and then beat the living crap out of doomsday ?

Because it wouldn't have been very interesting if Superman "died" of a heartattack

grey fox
Originally posted by TheKahn
Because it wouldn't have been very interesting if Superman "died" of a heartattack

Wha...?

TheKahn
Wha...?

Doomsday was created to "kill" Superman so even though a quick sun-dip should be enough to take him out now, the writers can't use it as everyone would wonder why Superman didn't do that instead of fighting DD to the "death"

The Ion
Not really. Supes had never gone for a sundip at the time. Even when he did it in Our Worlds At War he noted it was a pretty big risk on his part diving into the heart of Sol.

leonidas

probably -- at least that first version. but then we could say the same thing any number of times. why didn't he dip here, or there, for this or that?

can't forget it's still a comicbook, after all. could sundip beat h/p? hmm, that would be interesting. h/p appeared to be well stronger than regular supes. would be an interesting fight, no doubt . . .

oh, and that bit about needing to be stronger than supes to physically beat him IS just my speculation. he hasn't been defeated physically since then, so it's hard to know just how string h/p or the latest 'ultimate' version of dd is, though the ultimate battled 100's of superman level gogs for many many years . . .

leonidas
Originally posted by The Ion
Not really. Supes had never gone for a sundip at the time. Even when he did it in Our Worlds At War he noted it was a pretty big risk on his part diving into the heart of Sol.

hmm. i didn't know that was the first time he'd one it. still begs the question why doesn't he do it all the time, but that type of question can be asked of many characters and many powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.