Tazire: The Realm of the Forgotten

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dawson
This is the official roleplaying thread for "Tazire: The Realm of the Forgotten". Want to join in? Go Here and follow the instructions. After you've posted a character profile and been accepted, feel free to jump right in.

Setting: The Forest of Rapture backing up to Redburn Cliff.
Forest of Rapture: A dark forest with tall trees that shield the suns rays, yet if the sun is fully shinning small dapples of light flicker around the forests decomposing floor. It is serene, yet in the summer it can be suffocating since very little wind travels through. A few brooks pass gently through, and a couple caves can be found as well. The land is ever changing in elevation, having been placed below Redburn Cliff, so traveling can be difficult if one travels too quickly. Small game is abundant here, such a rabbits, squirrels, and other small beasts, yet deer is scarce due to the hilled terrain.
Redburn Cliff: A great contemplation area. You can go to this large cliff and stare out to the Forest of Rapture, or stare just ahead or at the sky. Sadly(and obviously) you can kill yourself here. If you desire to do so, post a warning post so the others can try to convince you to continue life. It's dangerous for anything young to go to, simply because of their ignorance and the different places where sudden drops occur.

Season: Fall

----------------------

A serene silence enveloped the autumn afternoon, and a creature was carried by the cool breeze, leathery wings flapping only every once in a while. The powerful wingbeats began to be closer and closer together as it came in for a landing upon a ragged cliff, and it, she, drew her wings to her black sides. She was immense, a wolf-like creature standing taller at the shoulder than the waist of the average human. A large head adorned her muscular body, and the silver spikes running down her spine gave her a threatening air, if one had not already been given.

A smirk crossed her features and tugged at her blackened lips as she ruffled her wings and allowed her frame to roll back upon her haunches. Perhaps someone would come along; it'd been a while since she'd seen anyone. Since the killing of the human, at least, and that was over a week ago. It was quiet here now, and the forgotten had scattered.

OOC: Forgive for the horrible post. I haven't roleplayed Ake in a very long time.

Temp3r
A beam of light shone on his gloomy face. Still consumed by what lay on his mind, he wondered if he would pass all his days exactly the same. Looking up, he began counting the many leaves on the tree. How many days had passed and how many more were there to come. Shifting to the corner of his eye, a fallen tree lay on the ground. Am I the same as that tree? An insignificant object to be thrown around at anyones whim?

Grabbing the branches for support, he pulled himself up. Slowly walking towards the rotting tree, a family of squirrels ran out of its trunk. No. It seems even you are more valuable than me...even after you are done with. After resting his hand on the trees' frame, the fallen hero headed for the small opening that lay before him. He stopped for a moment and slowly touched his neck, but soon continued now carrying a look of perplex.

OOC: Just so you know, I haven't RPed in a while, so I'm gonna need a bit of time getting into it again.

sonicthe
No permission.Closed! just kidding! Happy Dance

Dawson
OOC: I'm afraid that I may be the same way. It's been a while since I've done anything but chat-based roleplays.

IC: Her nostrils quivered as she drew in a deep breath, and any movement in her body ceased. There was something, someone, in the forest below; she could smell it, smell him. She took in a few smaller, shorter breaths in a manner often described as "sniffing", and she determined from which direction the smell was coming. A few moments of silent thought had her deciding if she would pursue the scent or not; she decided she would. After all, she was Ake; he wouldn't, couldn't, harm her.

Such was her mindset as she began her movements, and she unfurled her wings and took to the air. Her silver gaze shifted from place to place as she drifted above the trees, but he wasn't visible; the trees were too thick. To fix this problem, her wings drew to her sides, and she plummeted towards the earth, her wings once again unfurling just below the canopy. Sadly, her crashing through the treetops hadn't been the most stealthy of movements; he'd have been able to hear her. Oh well.

Temp3r
Still running around within his own mind, he continued to the bright, lit up, path that lay before him. Hearing a flapping sound, he looked up into the sky, but brushed the thought away thinking of it as being a bird or some gigantic fly. Just as soon as it had started, it stopped, and with a loud "THUD!" he fell off balance. Picking himself up, he peered off into the distance, but his vision was blurred due to the amount of leaves fluttering about.

He looked at the exit and then back again at the blurred creature. He could leave it be and walk away, but his curiosity pulled him towards it. Dropping his busted armor, he unconsciously began running towards the obscure site. Some force had him leashed and was pulling him along faster than his feet could keep up with. Surely enough, he landed before his fascination with his head in the ground and a pair of tangled feet.

OOC: I was hooked onto a game I got the whole day (Digital Devil Saga (It would make a pretty good forum RP as well)), otherwise I would have replied sooner.

Dawson
OOC: 's okay. I'm afraid my reply hasn't been swift either. Skiing.

IC: Composing herself upon landing, Ake shook out her coat to rid it of the leaves that stuck to its thick, black surface. Her gaze shifted about her as she made a search for him, whatever he was, but he wasn't near her yet and not visible through the dappled shadows. So she set out to wait, shifting her wings into a more comfortable position and letting apathy settle upon her face. He'd come, and her facade wasn't going to slip.

And come he did, crashing through the broken sunlight and underbrush as if he were blind and chased by some monsterious creature. But wait.. She wasn't chasing him. What the hell was he doing then? She held back a smirk of laughter and kept her composure as he tripped and fell. She moved towards his bedraggled figure upon the leaf-littered ground, and she looked down at him, a twisted, demonic smirk beginning to twist the corners of her mouth.

"Well. Nice of you to drop in."

DarkDethbringer
~did thi get permission? I am pretty sure it did if Temp3r joined but just asking~

Dawson
Yes, it did.

Temp3r
Kriger sighed as he slowly got up, and scratched his head "...That hurt." Pulling himself together he looked looked down to see a weird creature laughing at him. He couldn't understand its structure, since it seemed to be some kind of crossbreed between a dog and a bird. "Sorry about that. I just thought...you needed hel-" Stopping before he could finish the sentence, he drooped his shoulders and and smacked his face a few times. I was always thinking about saving people...and thats how I got abandoned. Why can't I just let it go? I don't want to lose the next person, if anyone, I meet.

He tilted his head up a bit to return the gesture back to the winged-dog, but while he focused on creating a smile, his face portrayed a frown. Petting the creatures head, he turned around and started walking away as if the whole incident had never happened.

OOC: Oooh skiing! *drools* I haven't gone in so long. I have a fever from work, so I'm home all day.

Temp3r
-Deleted-

Dawson
OOC: That sucks. I'd never actually been skiing before.

IC: "Do I look like I'd ever need help from anything, let alone something resembling a human?"

She spread her leathery wings, and they basically blotted out the sun in that direction. Her eyes took on a slightly crimson tint, and her lips pulled back completely to reveal canines stained by blood. She didn't need anyone's help, and anyone who couldn't see that was obviously blind and stupid, perhaps even more.

Returning to her more placid-looking state, Ake continued to stare at the human-like creature, each muscle in her body rigid but taut, ready to move quickly should the need come. And the need did come, suprisingly enough. He touched her. He touched her. How dare he?! What was she? Some kind of dog? Hell no.

She immedietly snapped at his hand, her jaws clacking together as he turned and she bit thin air. Her lips curled back again, and she stepped in his line of travel, hackles bristling angrily. He wasn't going to pet her like some domestic animal and get away with it.

OOC: Gah! That...sucked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.