Quicksilver vs Flash in a fist fight no running just a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Since everybody know in a speed fight Flash would be Quicksilver so who would win in a fist fight? Quicksilver can lift 1,000 pounds over his head so he is peak human when it come to strength.The Flash is Barry Allen

AJ4LIFE
flash all the way

spideycarnage
how is flash going to win, without super speed he's just a dumb slow guy.

JOE NUNEZ
AND WEAK MAY I ADD.

Pepito
If Flash has superspeed in his arms he wins. If he doesn't Quicksilver wins. If they can still run around or if Flash has vibration, he especially wins.

grey fox
Flash vibrates his hand through Pietro's chest , seconds later Pietro's torso explodes . Flash wins big grin

Tron
Co-signed

Darth Kal-El
flash looks like he has bigger muscles than Quicksilver.

Tron
It doesn't really matter, he could still hit Quicksilver with an infinite mass punch and he'd be done.

The Ion
Running isn't why QS would lose in the first place. Wally (or Jay, or Barry or Bart or any other DC speedster) still has lightspeed reflexes and reactions.

chris_64256
even without running his reflexes are far superior....

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
Since everybody know in a speed fight Flash would be Quicksilver so who would win in a fist fight? Quicksilver can lift 1,000 pounds over his head so he is peak human when it come to strength.The Flash is Barry Allen

Simply put Quicksilver is simply NOT a match for ANY Flash.
It doesn't matter if QS can lift 1K pounds or not, the winner is still going to be (a) Flash.
Even without running, the Flash can punch/strike/etc at exceedingly high velocities, and (if you took physics) you know that:
Force=Mass X Acceleration.
Thus, you can increase the force applied by either:
1) Increasing the mass while keeping the rate of acceleration constant.
2) Keeping the mass constant while increasing the rate of acceleration.
3) Both.

Also note that the faster an object goes the more mass it 'accumulates.'
Thus a punch from the Flash would be both increasing mass as well as having a very high rate of acceleration.

Anyways, what do you think a human fist, accelerating towards light speed, would be in terms of force application?
And not just force ....that force will be applied over the area of a human fist. Thus a very small surface area.
Note also that the Flash's fist will be protected by the SF, thus he can punch as hard as he wants.

Conclusion: The Flash will not even need to punch anywhere close to his top speed. That would be sheer overkill.
Against a soft human (yeah, I know QS is a mutant, but his body sure is human when it comes to resilience )body ....nice and soft and squishy .....the Flash will take QS out.

The question you should be asking is if Flash (any Flash, from Jay to Impulse .....and actually even add ANY of the other Speed Force speedsters, thus Max Mercury to Jesse Quick) can give Quicksilver a speedforce punch without killing QS.
Golem, the name QuickSilver shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as ANY of the DC SpeedForce users (be they Flashes or other). The differences are too large.

The Flash will just stand there, watching QS start to attack,and then with a flick of a finger (quick accelerating toward sub light speed) he shall flick QS into a coma. Oh....the finger need not even touch QS.
Flash 10/10.

inamilist
Originally posted by spetznaz
It doesn't matter if QS can lift 1K pounds or not, the winner is still going to be (a) Flash.
Even without running, the Flash can punch/strike/etc at exceedingly high velocities, and (if you took physics) you know that:
3) Both.

Thus a punch from the Flash would be both increasing mass as well as having a very high rate of acceleration.

Anyways, what do you think a human fist, accelerating towards light speed, would be in terms of force application?
And not just force ....that force will be applied over the area of a human fist. Thus a very small surface area.
Note also that the Flash's fist will be protected by the SF, thus he can punch as hard as he wants.

Conclusion: The Flash will not even need to punch anywhere close to his top speed. That would be sheer overkill.
Against a soft human (yeah, I know QS is a mutant, but his body sure is human when it comes to resilience )body ....nice and soft and squishy .....the Flash will take QS out.

The question you should be asking is if Flash (any Flash, from Jay to Impulse .....and actually even add ANY of the other Speed Force speedsters, thus Max Mercury to Jesse Quick) can give Quicksilver a speedforce punch without killing QS.
Golem, the name QuickSilver shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as ANY of the DC SpeedForce users (be they Flashes or other). The differences are too large.

The Flash will just stand there, watching QS start to attack,and then with a flick of a finger (quick accelerating toward sub light speed) he shall flick QS into a coma. Oh....the finger need not even touch QS.
Flash 10/10.

lol, i agree with your flash vs quicksilver results, no way QS touches him

but

if said fist is accelerating toward the speed of light, if you want to get into physics, it will generate a mass so enormous that flash, since he doesnt have super str as far as i know, would be pulled to the earth by its weight long before it could reach QS. (not to mention that whole e=mc^2 which, unless im compleatly off base on this one, matter going that speed becomes less like matter and more like energy the closer it gets to lightspeed, or that any small particulate of dust or what have you would compleatly blow his hand apart in a colision at that speed)

If you are talking about him throwing a punch with the force to actually effect its mass signifigantly enough, you then bring in outside forces like gravity and whatever that i dont think the flash's power set would really account for

obviously, he could throw punches that are faster than QS without having to effect the mass of his body in any signifigant way, but ya

rant off

Swanky-Tuna
Anything that mathmatically doesn't make sense is fixed by the speed force for Flash

spetznaz
Originally posted by inamilist
lol, i agree with your flash vs quicksilver results, no way QS touches him

but

if said fist is accelerating toward the speed of light, if you want to get into physics, it will generate a mass so enormous that flash, since he doesnt have super str as far as i know, would be pulled to the earth by its weight long before it could reach QS. (not to mention that whole e=mc^2 which, unless im compleatly off base on this one, matter going that speed becomes less like matter and more like energy the closer it gets to lightspeed, or that any small particulate of dust or what have you would compleatly blow his hand apart in a colision at that speed)

If you are talking about him throwing a punch with the force to actually effect its mass signifigantly enough, you then bring in outside forces like gravity and whatever that i dont think the flash's power set would really account for

obviously, he could throw punches that are faster than QS without having to effect the mass of his body in any signifigant way, but ya

rant off

Good points.
And I agree with most to all of it.
However the Flash is a walking plot point. Any detrimental effects of hyper-velocity are explained away by the Speed Force protecting him eg from heat and friction, particle collusion and attrition, and anything else that would make a carbon body travelling at anything above Mach 1.5 spontaneously exploding in flame. There is a reason the SR-71 was made o a monocoque of the, then, exotic metal titanium, because normal alluminum and steel would have melted at its speeds of Mach 3 .....a carbon based, read human, body would degrade extremely quickly at mach speed, and to be honest wouldn't even survive speeds around 300mph without protection (reason for this being difficulty in breathing ....try sticking your head out of a car moving at 70mph and even then it will be difficult to breath .....actually on second thought that would be dumb ....unless getting one's head torn off is ones idea of fun LOL).
Anyways, in real physics there are very many things the Flash couldn't be able to do .....however the speed force explains all of them.

AJ4LIFE
can qs vibrate through things yes or no it dosent matter if he can or not bedause flash would win anyway

inamilist
Good points.
And I agree with most to all of it.
However the Flash is a walking plot point. Any detrimental effects of hyper-velocity are explained away by the Speed Force protecting him eg from heat and friction, particle collusion and attrition, and anything else that would make a carbon body travelling at anything above Mach 1.5 spontaneously exploding in flame. There is a reason the SR-71 was made o a monocoque of the, then, exotic metal titanium, because normal alluminum and steel would have melted at its speeds of Mach 3 .....a carbon based, read human, body would degrade extremely quickly at mach speed, and to be honest wouldn't even survive speeds around 300mph without protection (reason for this being difficulty in breathing ....try sticking your head out of a car moving at 70mph and even then it will be difficult to breath .....actually on second thought that would be dumb ....unless getting one's head torn off is ones idea of fun LOL).
Anyways, in real physics there are very many things the Flash couldn't be able to do .....however the speed force explains all of them.

lol, no compleatly

this is why im not interested in arguing physics vs comics

i was just sayin' :P

grey fox
3) Both.

Flash 10/10.

I usually suck at physics but that actually makes sense.

The faster you go the more your mass is added onto that object

mASS = 4

Your speed (let's say 1000 miles per hour)

The end result is 4000 times the original mass of your fist ramming straight into Pietro...ouch.

meep-meep
3) Both.

Flash 10/10.

It's probably not smart to try and use real world phsyics here because even if Flash, or whoever has light speed "reflexes," were to strike somebody using them they would succed in doing 2 things. ! the person being struck would likely bust open like a smashed pumpkin and 2 the person striking would probably lose their arm and most of their torso in the same manner. There is no way, logically speaking, that Flash is simply human if he can perform such feats. He'd need to have bones and muscle made of something that is resistant to any shock and could recover instantaneously. At least Quicksilver's physiology can somwhat prove his actual abilities. So, please don't use real world logic to back up the argument you are using.

nigel45
Originally posted by spideycarnage
how is flash going to win, without super speed he's just a dumb slow guy.

That's not even completely true for Wally. And that's especially inaccurate when you're talking about Barry.

Maleficus
Originally posted by meep-meep
It's probably not smart to try and use real world phsyics here because even if Flash, or whoever has light speed "reflexes," were to strike somebody using them they would succed in doing 2 things. ! the person being struck would likely bust open like a smashed pumpkin and 2 the person striking would probably lose their arm and most of their torso in the same manner. There is no way, logically speaking, that Flash is simply human if he can perform such feats. He'd need to have bones and muscle made of something that is resistant to any shock and could recover instantaneously. At least Quicksilver's physiology can somwhat prove his actual abilities. So, please don't use real world logic to back up the argument you are using. You are forgetting that there is also comic book logic placed into that argument as well. Any 'Flash' you choose also has a second power. Besides lightspeed reflexes and stuff like that, the flash can also withstand the amazing force of his own movement, not to mention the attacks he dishes out to his opponents. And even if neither QS or the flash had any powers, the flash would still win because of his intense fighting skill. Not only does he move at incredible speeds, but he's also a master of the martial arts. (At least I think, that might just be Wally West, I haven't read many of the flash comics.)

meep-meep
Originally posted by Maleficus
You are forgetting that there is also comic book logic placed into that argument as well. Any 'Flash' you choose also has a second power. Besides lightspeed reflexes and stuff like that, the flash can also withstand the amazing force of his own movement, not to mention the attacks he dishes out to his opponents. And even if neither QS or the flash had any powers, the flash would still win because of his intense fighting skill. Not only does he move at incredible speeds, but he's also a master of the martial arts. (At least I think, that might just be Wally West, I haven't read many of the flash comics.)

No I'm not forgetting the fact that real logic is often incorportated into comic book logic in these forums. I'm pointing it out. When people use real world logic they usually only do so to refute other posters beliefs or reinforce their own. It has no basis in comic book reality. If it did than their would be logical explanations, based on what we understand now in our universe, for how Lobo can clone himself instantly from a drop of blood, or how a gorilla could become a super genius, telepath besides just saying a meteor crashed near it's once "regular" gorilla tribe. Saying Wally West is capable of moving at the speed of light and alsosaying he is composed of skin, muscles and bones and every other human organ would suggest that if he ever did run at the speed of light he'd be vaporized. Stick with Comic book logic and leave reality out of it. Otherwise you just confuse matters worse.

grey fox
No I'm not forgetting the fact that real logic is often incorportated into comic book logic in these forums. I'm pointing it out. When people use real world logic they usually only do so to refute other posters beliefs or reinforce their own. It has no basis in comic book reality. If it did than their would be logical explanations, based on what we understand now in our universe, for how Lobo can clone himself instantly from a drop of blood, or how a gorilla could become a super genius, telepath besides just saying a meteor crashed near it's once "regular" gorilla tribe. Saying Wally West is capable of moving at the speed of light and alsosaying he is composed of skin, muscles and bones and every other human organ would suggest that if he ever did run at the speed of light he'd be vaporized. Stick with Comic book logic and leave reality out of it. Otherwise you just confuse matters worse.

No the speedforce deals with the various problems you've just raised. Please dont try to ram your opinion down others throats with a snarky post.

inamilist

did you read the posts where me and spetz basically said all this

anyways, the comic writers do enough of this themselves. They incorporated "speedforece" as a be all end all argument for why the molecules in the flashes body dont gain enough energy to break their bonds to eachother as he moves faster.

there are constants in reality that we can work with, given that we take anything that is said by the comic writers as true

in fact, a lot of the threads here end up being discussions of how certain powers would work within the realm of real world physics, especially anything with iceman in it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.