Silver Samurai vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Silver Samurai

vs.

Batman

fight occurs in an open field. (no prep)

who wins?

LordFear
Off topic but wasn't Silver Samurai a pussy in Marvel vs Capcom, the game?
He sucked and for a martial artist had no agility. Man what a lame ass character kinda like Omega Red in the game

GODSCRIBE
Yeah, in the game he was...but he'd be more than a handful for Batman in the comics.

jrodslam
Originally posted by LordFear
He sucked and for a martial artist had no agility. Man what a lame ass character kinda like Omega Red in the game

Hell no. Silver Samurai was badass in MvC2. He had combos plus you were able to crosscancel them into his specials. Ome ga Red had plenty of combos as well, but its much much harder to connect it(air combo) in to his special. As much as i love Omega Red and played with him, id have to admit that Silver Samurai was slightly better than Red in that game. It hardly matters to me though becuse Red is part of my Russian Mafia team and i own with them. Happy Dance

Khellendros
Samurai should take this. That sword should slice through whatever protective material Batman is wearing without trouble.

GODSCRIBE
hmm...any takers for Batman?

Tron
Originally posted by Khellendros
Samurai should take this. That sword should slice through whatever protective material Batman is wearing without trouble.

He actually has to hit Batman for that to happen.

Dizzle
Batman's equipment? Bruce is one helluva swordsman by himself. It would also depend on how far apart they started, as Bats is equally wizardly with batarangs. Without any gadgets, I'd go for Samurai, but with the right equipment, Batman should take a good number. Probly 6/10is with a sword, 7/10 with a sword, some batarangs, and some distance between them.

JOE NUNEZ
Knowing bats he would launch a long range attack,with all sorts of bombs and gases even if it becomes a fist fight batman has the advantage due to his various fighting styles plus hes in better fighting shape.

Warmonger
I hate to vote for Batman but I can see him taking a slight majority. While it is true that SS can slice through anything Batman has Bruce is a better fighter and probably a better swordsman. I can see him distracting SS with smoke and gas bombs and such so he can disarm him.. after that Bruce would probalby win.

Etrigan
I don't know....

If Bats is without gadgets, Samurai wins 8/10.
WIthout gadgets but with a sword, Samurai wins 6/10.
Batman with gadgets wins 7/10.
With gadgets and with a sword- 8/10.

Samurai is awesome though.

GODSCRIBE
long range?

whaaa...

Silver Samurai will just teleport out of the way, end up behind Batman and decapitate him. He wouldnt expect it.

And even then he is a master tactician, hand to hand combatant and martial artist.

But the instant tp thing is his biggest advantage. Plus the class 10 strength

Etrigan
Damn, I forgot about his TP skills.

Yeah, he'd win.

GODSCRIBE
Bump....

GODSCRIBE
bump!

Pepito
Easily Samurai

Pepito
Funny how people match Batman with Green Lanterns and so on and argue that he could win and then when he's matched against street levels, people agree he loses. Shows how far fanboys go.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Pepito
Funny how people match Batman with Green Lanterns and so on and argue that he could win and then when he's matched against street levels, people agree he loses. Shows how far fanboys go.

HAHAHA

i noticed that too.

GODSCRIBE
bump!

grey fox
Samurai cut's batman in half. Kind of anticlimactic but really really simple ....

GODSCRIBE
bump..

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by LordFear

High level MVC2 it boils down to Storm/Sentinel/Cable
and a few variables, or atleast 2 of the 3 with a mid-high tier char
Im pertty sure silver samurai was obsolete, and omega red isint much better

jrodslam
^ no

Cable is only top tier due to assist characters. If its just him youre playng, hes obsolete as well. Thats the reason he gets picked so much. Its due to his assist projectile and ability to keep shooting.

Id agree with Storm and Sentinel though. Mags, Ironman and a few others from Marvel are really good without the help of assist characters. Cable isnt one of them lol.

GODSCRIBE
I love Colossus on the assist tip.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Silver Samurai

vs.

Batman

fight occurs in an open field. (no prep)

who wins? Do they have weapons? In h2h, batman beats silver samurai. if Batman has his gadgets and Silver Samurai has his sword, SS takes it 9/10

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by jrodslam
^ no

Cable is only top tier due to assist characters. If its just him youre playng, hes obsolete as well. Thats the reason he gets picked so much. Its due to his assist projectile and ability to keep shooting.

Id agree with Storm and Sentinel though. Mags, Ironman and a few others from Marvel are really good without the help of assist characters. Cable isnt one of them lol.

Nah, cable is aboslutely top tier because he is just plain raw
MAG is who i forgot, mags/cable/storm/sentinel
But no, cable is really good, out here we have some of the best players in the world in mvc2 (washington state)

jrodslam
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Nah, cable is aboslutely top tier because he is just plain raw
MAG is who i forgot, mags/cable/storm/sentinel
But no, cable is really good, out here we have some of the best players in the world in mvc2 (washington state)

Cable is ok. I conseder a top tier character someone who has a good amount of combos(air included) and can do a good amound of damage ON THEIR OWN. Cable is not that. Unless hes getting assists from other characters, hes really not top tier. Ive stated why hes picked so often and it aint because hes a top tier character. Its because of his projectile shots and his ability to do 3 specials in a row. Thats it. If hes the only character left, hes not that good on his own. Hes just mid level/basic like a Silver Samurai or Spiral. Theres plenty of Marvel characters who have more combos than him and do more damage. Hes just a high level character when hes getting assists.

Pepito
It's amazing how much second page posts differ from the actual thread description

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Do they have weapons? In h2h, batman beats silver samurai. if Batman has his gadgets and Silver Samurai has his sword, SS takes it 9/10

weapons...no prep.

GODSCRIBE
now back to the topic

grey fox
What is so difficult to believe about SS cutting Bat's straight in half ?

Black Adam
Originally posted by grey fox
What is so difficult to believe about SS cutting Bat's straight in half ?

It's not. It's what would happen.

GODSCRIBE
It's a plausible scenario. Unless Bats bones are laced with adamantium.

grey fox
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
It's a plausible scenario. Unless Bats bones are laced with adamantium.

Nope , thats darkclaw ...big grin

Etrigan
It would be a simple fight. Batman throws a batarang and SS disappears. Batman spins around, and his head slides off his shoulders before he can even register that SS is in front of him.

bitca730
Silver Samurai wins...

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Etrigan
It would be a simple fight. Batman throws a batarang and SS disappears. Batman spins around, and his head slides off his shoulders before he can even register that SS is in front of him.

sounds painful..

Etrigan
Actually, no. He wouldn't have time to feel any pain.

grey fox

But it still looks cool....

GODSCRIBE

he'd feel pain for a fraction of a second. or SS could make a pez dispenser out of him, like Miho did to Jackie boy. shifty

GODSCRIBE
grrrrr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.