Aquaman vs Super-Skrull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marvelprince
Ok, so Aquaman, the water-bearer, vs that alien menance the Super-Skrull. Discuss

AJ4LIFE
can skrull be afffected by mentall powers or not

samishe
Who's Skrull?

AJ4LIFE
explain who skrull is and what he does to samishe

marvelprince

AJ4LIFE
wow this goes to skrull i think

samishe
Enhanced strength of all members of FF? Aqua will be dead in 0.00001 second.

AJ4LIFE
hes got his mental powers as well thats somthing to think about
might not be so uneven as we think what do u think prince

King_Mungi
Meh! Sasquatch overpowered Super-Skrull, he is often an idiot with his powers.

TheKahn
Plus he doesn't seem to have any problems with alien minds
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/aquaman52.jpg

samishe
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Meh! Sasquatch overpowered Super-Skrull, he is often an idiot with his powers.

May be so, but he can fry Aqua with 1,000,000 degrees flames.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by samishe

Meh!...Aquaman could probally shut his brain off before that happened. He took down a White Martian, even causing him to have a seizure.

samishe
Not fair! Damn left hand! Damn TP!

AJ4LIFE
hes not that powerful of a telapaf he admited johns 100 times the telapaf he is, and other reasons i cant bother to mention, help me out sam

samishe
I'm starting to think of making thread "Is there anyone in comix who can beat Aquaman?". wacko

King_Mungi
He's still a powerful tp user, even proped John's mind without him knowing it. Hell he beat a White Martian....they are the same league as Martian Manhunter

King_Mungi
I'm starting to think of making thread "Is there anyone in comix who can beat Aquaman?". wacko

There is a lot who can beat him.

Mindship
This is a cool match cuz the two combatants are so different. This could be a very cool fight if done right. There could be great scenes, but in the end I see AM winning cuz I think he is more of a tactician (he is a king; he does have to think in big perspectives). Plus he can launch (?) a telepathic assault.

marvelprince
lol, nice one samishe.

Yea, Aquaman is a telepath, but a mild one at that. Without his hand he doesn't even have the capabilty to probe minds. However I think Aquamna could take this. Even without the telepathy, his hand is just too much. Plus it has been shown to cure mutations so maybe it could even reverse the process that gave the Super Skrull his powers

samishe
Originally posted by King_Mungi
There is a lot who can beat him.

You mean except Galactus? smile

King_Mungi
Originally posted by marvelprince
Yea, Aquaman is a telepath, but a mild one at that. Without his hand he doesn't even have the capabilty to probe minds.

No even before his waterhand he could probe minds.

1. http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

Read "Telepathy on a human, claming down steel" and "Aquaman using his telepathy on Polaris"

AJ4LIFE
samishe is getting better i cant wait to see him in a future arguement with grey fox both of them are my freinds so i would stay nuetral

TheKahn
I'd rank MM just a little higher with the telepathy than Aquaman. But just a little
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6908/aquamanv536058jh.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9896/aquamanwaterhandabilities063hv.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/dcb/attachments/051018011425/Aquaman%20vs%20Despero%20004.jpg

and he does have a little protection from heat
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027072713/Aquaman-temperature-extremes.jpg

AJ4LIFE
he admitted to mm that mm is 100 times the telaphaf he is

King_Mungi
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
he admitted to mm that mm is 100 times the telaphaf he is

When? he has taken out a White Martian easily.

AJ4LIFE
well im on my own now so i doubt i can conpete with u because prince is gone and so is sanishe my pateners are gone so speak to u tomorow, well continue tomorow if not in bed,bye

Lucid Lui
Super Skrull is pretty much always written as a jobber, written to his full potential he'd be a force to reckon with. Which i think we'll see during Annihilation. But for now, Aquaman wins. Just.

AJ4LIFE
aqua will have to use every abilitie in that hand of his if can ou victorie

DarkCrawler
Or just defeat him with telepathy...

AJ4LIFE
i dont see this happening he admitted he was better telapaf on page on
http://www.superherohype.com/forums...mp;postcount=99 above when on there u will see a one saying he probes mm mind click on there
and u will see a converstaion between them

Lucid Lui
Of course MM is a better telepath than Aquaman. Much better. That doesn't mean Aquaman isn't a great telepath himself though. He still managed to probe MM's mind without him knowing, and shut down a White Martian. And many other feats you can find in the Aquaman respect thread.

AJ4LIFE
yeah but skrull would proberly still win

DarkCrawler
Um...no...just because he is not as good as MM, he isn't bad. Can you even say why Skrull would win?

AJ4LIFE
look at how many powers he has but anyway i said he would PROBERLY win but im not saying aqua wouldnt win he stands a good chance,

DarkCrawler
None of his powers help against telepathy...so I don't see your point. erm

I think Aquaman has the better chance here.

AJ4LIFE
ive changed my mind i reakon aqua will win u made me think that aqua will win smart thumb up

Washco
Yeah but can Super Skrull be mind-controlled? Does his shape-shifting powers make it harder for someone to mind control him? I dont know, just throwin this out there.

AJ4LIFE
lets find someone who knows

marvelprince
IIRC, the skrulls do normally don't have any defenses against telepathy. But Super-Skrull is one of their top warriors and some of their warriors have been able to shield themselves from telepaths on the X-men team before. But without the telepathy Aquaman still wins, he has resistance to fire, and is still stronger. SS would still though have the power of invisibilty lus force fields. This would be close. Im gonna still side with Arthur for now though. That hand is just bad assed

AJ4LIFE
thanks for confirming it and im supporting aqua still

grey fox
I'm not sure....

On one hand Super Skrull can simply place a force bubble within Arthur's skull and expand it causing his head to explode . But then we have to take into account weather or not Super skrull would be smart enough to come up with an idea like that. Also a possible resistance to TP could help greatly.

On the other hand though Aquaman could mind-wipe superskrull in an instance , or take away his powers (of course this is debatable on weather or not you consider artificially giving a skrull powers a mutation) .

If it came down to hand to hand though I'd have to give it too super skrulll , simply because of reeds body + things strength = Unbeatable combo..... although if SS's strength hasn't evolved like things then it's a clean win for curry.

Pepito
Super Skrull is too versatile

Wally West
Anyone know if Sue's shields block out telepathic attacks?

grey fox
Originally posted by Wally West
Anyone know if Sue's shields block out telepathic attacks?

Doubt it.

marvelprince
No, Sue can't block out telepathy. SS is very versitile, but so is Aqua. SS isn't as strong as he is, but Reed's powers make him sort of invunerable to physical attacks. Hmm, he could use his hand to drown SS, since its magic based it can't be evaporated by flame

And np AJ, glad i could help

AJ4LIFE
thanks pal glad to hear from u, did u read private message by the way

JOE NUNEZ
superskrull hes a better brawler..

marvelprince
Super Skrull may be a better brawler, but how does he win. However much damage SS manages to do, Orin can heal from, he could shut down SS's mind plus he may even be able to take SS powers away

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by TheKahn
Plus he doesn't seem to have any problems with alien minds
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/aquaman52.jpg

Maybe, but Skrulls have latent telepathy and are mostly immune to it.

vpokdekjyafmidp

Water > Fire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.