Galactus Vs. The Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
It's the Devourer of Worlds vs. Spectre...who wins this one, and how or why?

Darth Kal-El
Spectre because he can do whatever the hell he wants. if he wants to turn coke into sprite, he can. if he wants his eyeballs to turn pink, he can. if he wants to lift North America and South America at the same time, he can.

Mider
he split the earth in two he can make as many of himself as he wishes at unknown power, he can recreate the DCU on a whim he was one of the only beings who stood up to parallathe anti-monitor and actually caused him trouble i think he destroyed darkseid he is beyond galactus and eternity and even the LT maybe only the PF since its said to be megaversal can defeat him only beings who have defeated him though are the presance i believe and others like the morningstar brothers.

Darth Kal-El
Just think of him as the DC version of LT, after he all he went toe-to-toe with LT in the crossovers.

Pepito
No-one can turn coke into sprite and Spectre is on coca cola's payroll.

He'd beat Galactus but lose against Abraxas

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Pepito
No-one can turn coke into sprite and Spectre is on coca cola's payroll.

He'd beat Galactus but lose against Abraxas YOU FOOL! SPECTRE CAN TURN COKE INTO SPRITE, HAM INTO CHICKEN, AND CORN INTO MARSHMALLOWS!

Mider
and he can beat abraxas.

Mider
abraxas aint nothing compared to the anti-monitor spectre would kick his butt, and recently the LT has been depowered to be beneath the pheonix force.

Pepito
Originally posted by Mider
abraxas aint nothing compared to the anti-monitor spectre would kick his butt, and recently the LT has been depowered to be beneath the pheonix force.

a) cosmic entities are always being shifted in hierarchy for story purposes, writer preferences and to emphasise the power of certain entities at certain times. Phoenix was shown to be effected by the ig, while lt was not even fazed.

b) Abraxas is the top enemy of marvel megaverse, if otherwise Eternity would destroy him rather than using the precaution of Galactus but the point is that nothing can. Abraxas is also the sort of cosmic form of Doom inthat he is ridiculously cunning and ruthless but unlike Doom he has multiverse destroying powers to back him up. Antimonitor needed an amry, Abraxas just needs himself

Marcus4600
The funny thing is, Abraxas can't die. Literally. The only way to defeat Abraxas is to bring Galactus into existence again, and if Spectre did that, he'd be doing the same thing for eternity, and finally just say F*ck it. Galactus wins, but only by default.

Darth Kal-El
abraxas isnt even in this battle...

Marcus4600
^ You can't avoid it, to be honest. They're tied together. To get one, you get the other. It's kind of a Galactus fail safe.

kevdude
spectre wins. who are the morningstar brothers??? call lucifer and michael just "the brothers", michael has nothing to do with the name 'morningstar', and isn't the morningstar anyway, thats lucifer himself.

Mider
well if spectre did decide to kill abraxas it wouldnt matter cause he aint from the MU anyway :P

Darth Kal-El
Full Power Galactus has a 50/50 chance of winning

Comicbook_kid
Just a couple of questions I was hoping any of you could help me with...First, who is Abraxus? What is LT? And PF? Who refer to this, but I have no idea what it stands for. Also, where can I read the story that you guys are talking about (Abraxus)? And also, where can I find the issue where Odin faces off against Thanos and beats him? They posted scans on another thread but it got closed and they never said what issue it was from...but I would love to read it. Do any of you know? And please explain this whole "Abraxus" thing to me...

Marcus4600
I'll try to explain it. Abraxas is the result of kiling Galactus in any way, shape, or form. Galactus keeps Abraxas at bay by his existence. If Galactus dies, then Abraxas comes, and he's near omnipotent. Nothing can stop him except the existence of Galactus. So, if you kill Galactus, you're f*cked. If you don't kill Galactus, you're f*cked. Either way, you lose.

Comicbook_kid
Cool...thanks for clearing that up for me, that whole thing makes a little more sense now...but where can I find out and read more about that whole storyline? Who killed Galactus to bring about Abraxus? How did they stop him? Can you provide some issue #'s for me? Sounds cool and I would like to read more about it....Thanks!!!

Mider
happend in fantastic four someone provide issues it was a big issue number as in maybe the 400's? anyway i think galactus was back to consume earth and they led him instead to the shi ar homeworld im guessing since he was already so weak all that combined power of the shi ar empire killed him before he died he said that it would have horribly consequences, later galactus skull fell to the earth and nova was inside but the skull the galactus belonged to as well as the nova inside were not from this dimension because abraxas had been released, he went through a few dimensions and killed all the galactus(s) and sat in a big pile of them he was suppose to be like eternitys evil son or whatever, he was amazinly powerful and brillient he outsmarted the FF from i believe three diffrent dimensions and also he killed the silver surfer he attacked the FF with an army of alternate dimension nova heralds. they thought they could get rid of him using the ultimate nullifier but he had already planned for that and i think he got a hold of it first he was just about to destroy everything or whatever when galactus showed up either he was never really dead or franklin richards brought him back anyway galactus took the nullifier away and im kinda foggy in the last segmanets and by the way

LT=Living Tribunal so called gaurdian of the multiverse who is called a peer to eternity is unsure if he can beat the IG and id below the Phoenix in power

PF=Phoenix Force it has alot of definitions but it is responsible for the creation of the universe i believe she is to the universe what micheal demigore was to the lucifer comics she would both create the big bang i guess and the new abstract entities including the living tribunal ask galactic storm he knows more about the PF then i do

Pepito
PF doesn't actually create LT AND Eternity but carries them from one universe to the next. PF, to them is like Anthropomorpho: essential for certain purposes but far less powerful than the beings it helps. (Eternity and LT can exist without PF but in extremely boring form as abstract concepts but PF can't exist without psionic energy of something created by Eternity and under the power of LT)

Juntai
Spectre grows the size of the cosmos and squishes him in his hand like a bug.

Juntai
That's the short version, the long version would entail them meeting, Galactus talking as if he's so superior, like always, then getting beat up, gets the fear of God put into him. You're needed for the universe? That can be change that by re-writing the laws of the universe. Then gives the huge Spectre "Wrath of God, the one who created all that is, even you." speach. Blow some smoke at Galactus, actually transforming him into a bug, like in Ultimate Universe, and then grows to the size of the cosmos, and squishes him.

Accurate?

golem370
Anybody who can manipulate Matter can turn coke into sprite and Galactus is a matter manipulator on a cosmic scale.

Pepito
Originally posted by Juntai
That's the short version, the long version would entail them meeting, Galactus talking as if he's so superior, like always, then getting beat up, gets the fear of God put into him. You're needed for the universe? That can be change that by re-writing the laws of the universe. Then gives the huge Spectre "Wrath of God, the one who created all that is, even you." speach. Blow some smoke at Galactus, actually transforming him into a bug, like in Ultimate Universe, and then grows to the size of the cosmos, and squishes him.

Accurate?

If Spectre could rewrite universal laws on that scale, nothing like Antimonitor saga or Parallax would ever happen. TOAA creates the universe with those laws to stabilise it and Abraxas is turning up whther Spectre rewrites those laws or no.

Juntai
If Spectre could rewrite universal laws on that scale, nothing like Antimonitor saga or Parallax would ever happen. TOAA creates the universe with those laws to stabilise it and Abraxas is turning up whther Spectre rewrites those laws or no. Funny, there's other stories Galactus died in and Abraxes never happened.
Either way that's not what the thread is about. It's about GALACTUS vs SPECTRE. Do you see Abraxes anywhere in there?

And Spectre in dispatching vengeance mode does pretty much whatever he wants.

And God punished Corrigan for an entire volume of Spectre for NOT preventing Crisis. Meaning it was in his powers to do so. And besides, both of those Sagas ended once Spectre showed up, and he recreated the universe at the end of both of them. Bad examples.

Pepito
Funny, there's other stories Galactus died in and Abraxes never happened.

And Spectre in dispatching vengeance mode does pretty much whatever he wants.

And God punished Corrigan for an entire volume of Spectre for NOT preventing Crisis. Meaning it was in his powers to do so. And besides, both of those Sagas ended once Spectre showed up, and he recreated the universe at the end of both of them. Bad examples.

Actually since universe is far more at stake if Galactus loses, god would if anything weaken rather than empower Spectre. I thin keveryone agreed that Spectre was basically LT in a host body who needed to ask for powers on the scale of LT. He's not that big ofa deal. Spectre doesn't get ultrapowers for petty fights, he gets basic ones.

Juntai
Actually since universe is far more at stake if Galactus loses, god would if anything weaken rather than empower Spectre. I thin keveryone agreed that Spectre was basically LT in a host body who needed to ask for powers on the scale of LT. He's not that big ofa deal. Spectre doesn't get ultrapowers for petty fights, he gets basic ones. Is the fight happening in the Marvel Universe now and against LT instead of Spectre?

You can't just assume LT is on Spectre's level, he just has the same role. Spectre's feats outdo his though.

Spectre's feats prove he's far more than capable of handling someone like Galactus, whos' history of getting beat or killed is larger than anyone would like to admit.

Pepito
If its empowered Spectre he can do anthing so there is literally no point in facing him against anyone, just like there's no point against putting anyone against Classic Beyonder, LT, Thanos with THOTU TOAA or the Infinites. I'm not sure what the exact hierarchy is between them but there is one so there is no point in challenging them against each other either. Since Spectre is being included in a thread, it can only be assumed that he is at his basic level at which he is equivalent to a medium rank marvel entity (Chaos or Order)

Juntai
If its empowered Spectre he can do anthing so there is literally no point in facing him against anyone, just like there's no point against putting anyone against Classic Beyonder, LT, Thanos with THOTU TOAA or the Infinites. I'm not sure what the exact hierarchy is between them but there is one so there is no point in challenging them against each other either. Since Spectre is being included in a thread, it can only be assumed that he is at his basic level at which he is equivalent to a medium rank marvel entity (Chaos or Order) You should read the forum rules. Characters fight at optimum capacity, without PIS. In Spectre's showings, in his comic, and crossovers, he's been portrayed as far stronger than Galactus Who, as I said has a list of beatings longer than anyone cares to admit.

Pepito
You should read the forum rules. Characters fight at optimum capacity, without PIS. In Spectre's showings, in his comic, and crossovers, he's been portrayed as far stronger than Galactus Who, as I said has a list of beatings longer than anyone cares to admit.

Then don't include him in a thread because he can never lose.

GODSCRIBE
Abraxas is like the Great Evil Beast of Marvel.

Juntai
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Abraxas is like the Great Evil Beast of Marvel. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

GODSCRIBE
But it has something to do with a post made in this thread.

Pepito
But that has nothing to do with this thread.

According to your description of Spectre, the thread is totally without use.

GODSCRIBE
That also^

Diunic
Spectre can not be challenged by some weak cosmic vampire-like

Diunic
I'm not saying Galactus is not very powerful but we can't compare him to the Spectre.

Mider
abraxas is nothing compared to spectre so is eternity there nothing compared to spectre only the angels in the DCU come close and probably only the brothers i think the brothers should be put on a megaversal or omniversal scale since there stated to have power second only to the presance.

Tron
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
YOU FOOL! SPECTRE CAN TURN COKE INTO SPRITE, HAM INTO CHICKEN, AND CORN INTO MARSHMALLOWS!

He can't change that Chuck Norris roundhouse kick heading towards his face... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I couldn't resist.

Pepito
Originally posted by Mider
abraxas is nothing compared to spectre so is eternity there nothing compared to spectre only the angels in the DCU come close and probably only the brothers i think the brothers should be put on a megaversal or omniversal scale since there stated to have power second only to the presance.

The presence is one of the brothers. And, if the Spectre is only beaten by the ultimate creators, why put him in a thread? He far outclasses everyone else and then is far outclassed himself by TOAA and Presence.
Any fight involving Spectre results in either: Spectre vanishes him out of existence from a universe away or Spectre is crushed by his boss or his boss's friend.

outavodka
i dunno Cap Marvel was giving it his all not sayin he was beating spect but he was in the thick of it, untill he got the world magic boost thing thn started whoopn his ass, so its like sayin captin marvel could whoop galactic's ass if he had enough magic users channeling to him

The Ion
Spectre's lowest showings, not to be confused with an actual low showing, are always the ones wheres he's forced to interact with other DC heros. In his own series the guy basically does whatever he wants.

Pepito
Originally posted by The Ion
Spectre's lowest showings, not to be confused with an actual low showing, are always the ones wheres he's forced to interact with other DC heros. In his own series the guy basically does whatever he wants.

So why discuss this any further - we have conclusive proof tha there's no point in putting Spectre in a thread as he beats everyone except TOAA and Presence and possibly the Infinites, true Beyonders and LT and all the other high level cosmics. He never wins agains TOAA and Presence and him versus the other cosmics i mention above are basically just marvel v dc. There is no point in going on feats and so on because only Spectre has had a comic in which we get a pciture of his full power. The rest are just mentioned in other comics and have never had their powers quantified so there's no point. If you prefer marvel you'll go against Spectre if you prefer dc you'll go with Spectre but both are basically just listed as omnipotent and feats have no basis as they will not measure to what they can do (christians don't assume that what God does in the bible is all he can do). So no more discussion or fights invloving any of them.

The Ion
I was replying to outavodka's comment about Captain Marvel. No need for the rant, my friend.

Pepito
Originally posted by The Ion
I was replying to outavodka's comment about Captain Marvel. No need for the rant, my friend.

I wouldn't have to rant if people stopped discussing this completely redundant point. It consists of:

dc fans: "Spectre is omnipotent, only beaten by Presence and TOAA"

Marvel fans: "No Galactus destroys multiverses

dc fans: "Spectre held creation in his hands"

slightly more informed marvel fans: "Spectre needs to ask to be omnipotent"

dc fans: "No on the forum he's automatically taken to be in unbeatable mode - lets wax lyrical about Spectre for hours, sustaining a thread which just proves that these kind of battles are pointless, it might as well be Spiderman versus Spectre if looked at realistically or if looked at by the nature of this forum dc versus marvel"

The Ion
Since when does Galactus destroy multiverses? big grin

Pepito

The Ion
Nice job. thumb up

tyranus
A QUESTION: WHATS MORE POWERFUL DC MAGIS OR MARVEL COSMIC ENERGY?

tyranus
i ask because spectre is a being of pure magic while galactus is one of cosmic energy.

i know spectre is far more powerful than galactus, but i was wondering what is more powerful magic or cosmic power?

Juntai
Magic is, imo.
Doesn't even need an explanation.
It's just magic!

Validus
I agree. Magic can simulate everything else including cosmic energy nigh perfectly anyway. Look at Spectre who can use magic to grant himself any power in the universe.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
I agree. Magic can simulate everything else including cosmic energy nigh perfectly anyway. Look at Spectre who can use magic to grant himself any power in the universe. Or Mxy or 5th Dimension Genies like Thuderbolt.

xmeat
ah shazzam and darkseid and nabu fight spectre but big g cant roll eyes (sarcastic)

guy222
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
It's the Devourer of Worlds vs. Spectre...who wins this one, and how or why?

Spectre=LT. LT>Death/Eternity/Galactus. SS #31. Called my avatar, The Living Trinity. Simple answer on who wins. I admire Galactus

xmeat
Originally posted by xmeat
ah shazzam and darkseid and nabu fight spectre but big g cant roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Originally posted by xmeat
ah shazzam and darkseid and nabu fight spectre but big g cant roll eyes (sarcastic) Nabu died.
Darkseid died and came back because he's neccisary to existance.
and Shazzam died.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Same thing would happen to Galactus.

hunbu04
shazam, nabu and darkseid all fought the spectre and it all ended with the same result they all lost effortlessly

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
it is obvious galactus would slaughter dormmy. this is spite at this point given the complete ease with which he has now been shown to be able to devour and amp off magic. this is def something new, though his ability to absorb magic has been hinted at in the past--ie mephisto's realm. still, we've seen nothing to this level. he instantly absorbed an entity capable of battling lt (quick, insert lt lowballing!!11! lol).

this thread is obvious enough now to be closed. i doubt there is a magical entity in marvel that would stand a chance against him, but we'll see what happens next issue. /shrug

leonidas
the galactus in dr strange is a threat to the multiverse--or is at least threatening to change it dramatically. that would certainly place him in spectre's weight class. be interesting to see if he could absorb the spectre. his power (heaven's power) is sort of different from standard magic imo, so not sure how this would go. we'll see what happens next issue and maybe know more. hopefully he doesn't job, but we'll see.

on a side note--it's REALLY too bad spectre wasn't a part of the witch mark arc. would have been interesting to see how he fared. come to think of it, been a while since i've even SEEN the spectre...

cdtm
John Ostrander created a character who channeled the same power. Forget his name, but he was some kind of cleric like character, channeling the power of heaven.

Hard to gauge him overall, but Spectre wasn't able to affect him at all with his powers. The way he finally took him down was funny, creating a whirlwind so he was hit by the debris.

The fact such a character exists, calls into question just how much power there is to absorb, vs what's channeled from a higher power.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
the galactus in dr strange is a threat to the multiverse--or is at least threatening to change it dramatically. that would certainly place him in spectre's weight class. be interesting to see if he could absorb the spectre. his power (heaven's power) is sort of different from standard magic imo, so not sure how this would go. we'll see what happens next issue and maybe know more. hopefully he doesn't job, but we'll see.

on a side note--it's REALLY too bad spectre wasn't a part of the witch mark arc. would have been interesting to see how he fared. come to think of it, been a while since i've even SEEN the spectre...
He is a threat to universe, not multiverse and its due to being a conduit of magic poured into the realm of science.

Diesldude
Originally posted by abhilegend
He is a threat to universe, not multiverse and its due to being a conduit of magic poured into the realm of science. Feats, even chain reaction types from marvel characters are being fabricated to multiverse levels. LOL

abhilegend
Gotta keep it up with DC characters, ain't they?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.