Nightwing/Robin vs. Nick Fury/Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

klwiggs
H2H fight only, no weapons or equipment.

No prep, who wins?

AcousticDoc
Nick Fury and Punisher. Even tho Nightwing is more skilled than Fury and punisher, those two can take a lot more damage than dick can dish out.

jrodslam
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Nick Fury and Punisher. Even tho Nightwing is more skilled than Fury and punisher, those two can take a lot more damage than dick can dish out.

I agree with Pun and Fury winning. But you think Nightwing is more skilled than them? What does he know? Fury and Pun have the experience edge as well.

brainchild81
Punisher & Fury. Robin will simply get his little @$$ handed to him by whoever he fights & while NW has a pretty good chance of beating either of them in hand to hand. They are both tough enough to last long enough for the other to brutalize Robin and come help. He's not beating them both.

klwiggs
When is the last time Fury got down and dirty in a fight? He seems to be taking it easy as the head of SHIELD for quite some time now. I give the win to Dick and Tim as they have the best teamwork and are more used to h2h combat.

The Ion
Originally posted by klwiggs
When is the last time Fury got down and dirty in a fight? He seems to be taking it easy as the head of SHIELD for quite some time now. I give the win to Dick and Tim as they have the best teamwork and are more used to h2h combat.
Agreed. Nightwing's more skilled and too agile. The guy bounces around like a pinball in his fights. If DD was handing Frank his ass, so will Dick.

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
If DD was handing Frank his ass, so will Dick.

But you also have to remember that DD has the radar that acts as a type of precog. Something NW doesnt have.

brainchild81
Exactly. NW still has a good shot @ beating him, but it would take too long. Frank is a rock.

jrodslam
Originally posted by brainchild81
Exactly. NW still has a good shot @ beating him, but it would take too long. Frank is a rock.

I agree.

I hope it didnt seem as if i think Nightwing doesnt have a chance. Like you stated, whoever he does fight doesnt end before he gets double teamed.

The Ion
I shouldn't have said that. jgiant is going to pound me. sad

Marcus4600
Frank and Fury, as always. 2 upstarts aren't gonna beat seasoned war veterans. It just doesn't happen. Frank taking on the Mongolian is a obvious example. He swung that little f*cker around by his ankles. Eep.

jrodslam
I shouldn't have said that. jgiant is going to pound me. sad

But its true though shifty

Tron
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Frank and Fury, as always. 2 upstarts aren't gonna beat seasoned war veterans. It just doesn't happen. Frank taking on the Mongolian is a obvious example. He swung that little f*cker around by his ankles. Eep.

Ummmm, Nightwing isn't an upstart. Dick has more of a chance than most of you think. Remember, he's use to fighting someone that can kill both of those two in his sleep.

superbatman86
Nightwing owns both of them.This is a guy used to fighting people that can take out the majority of the JLA by themslves.

ExtraMision5555
I wouldent toss it to pun/nick so quickly

Robin aside, nightwing is a huge threat to both of them
plus no prep, it could go either way

jgiant
I shouldn't have said that. jgiant is going to pound me. sad its cool...at least you know when you have made a mistake, nightwing will get slamed by frank...dd got a major ass woopin in that means and ends series...even though dd got the advantage twards the end frank was fighting dd in a stright up fight...and frank had the advantage for a period of time that is saying alot, frank a human fighting dd...frank can take whatever these guys throw at him, and can still kill them in a h2h fight...fury just seals the deal...

jrodslam
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Robin aside, nightwing is a huge threat to both of them
plus no prep, it could go either way

Nightwing wouldnt be that much of a threat. Remember, its only hand to hand combat. No weapons. Prep or no prep doesnt make a difference.

Wally West
I think Nightwing could hang with either a lot longer than most people may give him credit for, hes a lot faster and more agile than both, he could give Frank or Fury a problem or two for a while, but of course Tim will go down pretty quick and he'd be left 2 on 1, and then he really has no chance. Maybe Batman/Nightwing v Fury/Punisher would be a better matchup.

The Ion
Originally posted by jgiant
its cool...at least you know when you have made a mistake, nightwing will get slamed by frank...
Nah, not really. Nightwing would own either of these guys hand to hand. No weapons hurts them a hell of a lot more than it hurts NW.

jrodslam
Nightwing would own either of these guys hand to hand.

You realy think so? I doubt that.

The Ion
Originally posted by jrodslam
You realy think so? I doubt that.
Hell yes I think so and it's something I plan to show soon. For some reason people have it in their heads that Dick is some newbie fighter with escrima sticks. Not the case.

I'm officially in Nightwing mode.

jgiant
Nah, not really. Nightwing would own either of these guys hand to hand. No weapons hurts them a hell of a lot more than it hurts NW. Nightwing will get a few shots in but frank can take it...nightwing will get a few shots in frank will soke it up and then hit nightwing with something that will hurt nightwing even more...like break some bones or groin shot...or ripping a chunck of his flesh out with his teeth...frank will do anything to win...notice how i turned this into a frank vs. nightwing post...fury will fight robin and will beat him...he is on par with cap...

jrodslam
Hell yes I think so and it's something I plan to show soon. For some reason people have it in their heads that Dick is some newbie fighter with escrima sticks. Not the case.

I'm officially in Nightwing mode.

Im not sayig hes a newbie or anything, but i sure as hell wont say that hed own Fury or Frank. Hes much more agile than them, so ill give him that, but as far as experience and toughness, i think Fury and Frank take it. Punisher is able to hold his own against Daredevil who is as agile as NW maybe better in some peoples opinion, but a better fighter and who has radar. Fury has been fighting since the war and has stalemated Cap in hand to hand combat. I just dont see Nightwing owning either of them.

jgiant
poor robin gets his neck snaped before the bell rings...naw robin is ok...but he is a kid...doesn't have anywere near the experience as these guys and nowhere near the toughness...its like sending a pig to the slaughter house...

The Ion
Im not sayig hes a newbie or anything, but i sure as hell wont say that hed own Fury or Frank. Hes much more agile than them, so ill give him that, but as far as experience and toughness, i think Fury and Frank take it. Punisher is able to hold his own against Daredevil who is as agile as NW maybe better in some peoples opinion, but a better fighter and who has radar. Fury has been fighting since the war and has stalemated Cap in hand to hand combat. I just dont see Nightwing owning either of them.
Respect Dick Grayson's pimp hand.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2618/cci000356zh.th.jpg

Wally West
Thats awesome. We need a Dick Grayson respect thread.

Darth Kal-El
Nick Fury and Frank Castle wins.

jrodslam
Respect Dick Grayson's pimp hand.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2618/cci000356zh.th.jpg

But you gotta respect Fury's hand as well.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2731/nickagentv2no28b8zr.th.jpg

The Ion
But you gotta respect Fury's hand as well.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2731/nickagentv2no28b8zr.th.jpg
That's impressive. However I must give Dick kudos for owning Hal (and many others) wearing nothing but his underwear.

jrodslam
That's impressive. However I must give Dick kudos for owning Hal (and many others) wearing nothing but his underwear.

True true. But Fury gets much respect from me when hes busting ass with only 1 eye.

King KAM
I say robin and NW take it, NW can take down pun, and i think robin can hold his own against fury until NW can help him.

jgiant
Originally posted by King KAM
I say robin and NW take it, NW can take down pun, and i think robin can hold his own against fury until NW can help him. really think frank is gunna let nw win...nw won't know what to do with frank...nw kicks him in the face breaks franks jaw and frank just laughs it off and breaks nw's leg...

klwiggs
really think frank is gunna let nw win...nw won't know what to do with frank...nw kicks him in the face breaks franks jaw and frank just laughs it off and breaks nw's leg...

You're saying that Frank is going to be able to catch Dick with a broken jaw. Dick has alot more agility and speed than Frank.

ExtraMision5555
Nightwing wouldnt be that much of a threat. Remember, its only hand to hand combat. No weapons. Prep or no prep doesnt make a difference.
ohh ok i see
didnt catch that
but i still disagree atleast on nightwings behalf

superbatman86
Seeing as nightwing has gone toe to toe with the likes of blockbuster,Bane,and Slade I don't see either one them being any trouble at all.

brainchild81
Punisher can hold his own w/DD. DD would take NW. Pun can @ the very least hold his own with NW long enough for assistance to come. I respect the hell out of NW, but he wouldn't own Fury or Frank. He's definitely got a good chance beating either of them in single combat, but it won't be as easy as some may think. Frank can dish pain out, and he can take an amazing amount of it. Fury is a force to be reckoned with. NW's basically fighting them by himself. He loses.

klwiggs
Originally posted by brainchild81
Punisher can hold his own w/DD. DD would take NW. Pun can @ the very least hold his own with NW long enough for assistance to come. I respect the hell out of NW, but he wouldn't own Fury or Frank. He's definitely got a good chance beating either of them in single combat, but it won't be as easy as some may think. Frank can dish pain out, and he can take an amazing amount of it. Fury is a force to be reckoned with. NW's basically fighting them by himself. He loses.

In the Punisher vs. Dardevil mini, Punisher got in a few punches here and there but basically got his ass handed to him by Daredevil.

brainchild81
I honestly doubt NW'd do much better. DD is a beast. I doubt NW can take as much abuse as Frank did.

klwiggs
Nightwing has about the same agility as DD and Punisher doesn't have his guns like he did in the mini.

brainchild81
NW doesn't have the radar of DD though. I'm not saying NW can't beat Frank or Fury. I'm just saying that he can't do it before one helps the other.

Marcus4600
We've got two guys who aim to kill vs two guys that aim to knock out. I think Frank and Nick are going to win this. Those two came out of Vietnam. Viet-f%^@ing-nam! They're just gonna play baseball with those two. Besides, Frank has taken a lot worse punishment than those two could deal out.

jgiant
In the Punisher vs. Dardevil mini, Punisher got in a few punches here and there but basically got his ass handed to him by Daredevil. not really, they were pretty much even frank had the advantage at one point...and the fight still wasn't over...

DarkCrawler
Nightwing has about the same agility as DD and Punisher doesn't have his guns like he did in the mini.

Unless DD's powers enchance his agility, Nightwing has better.

Of course, if I could see agility feat from DD that beats the ones I showed at the other thread...

klwiggs
not really, they were pretty much even frank had the advantage at one point...and the fight still wasn't over...

Is that why Frank ended up with a broken nose, broken leg, three gunshot wounds and went to jail? Between the two of then I think Frank was hurt more as he even stated that he couldn't move as the police surrounded him.

jgiant
DD wasn't merry sunshine himself...

klwiggs
DD wasn't merry sunshine himself...

I never said he wasn't hurt, I just saying that DD hurt Punisher more.

jgiant
Though that is alot for a human fighting daredevil...

klwiggs
Though that is alot for a human fighting daredevil...

DD is a human too and his radar sense doesn't make him untouchable. The reason he hurt Punisher more is because he has better fighting skills, agility and speed which are the same attributes that Nightwing has over Punisher.

jgiant
DD is a human too and his radar sense doesn't make him untouchable. The reason he hurt Punisher more is because he has better fighting skills, agility and speed which are the same attributes that Nightwing has over Punisher. nightwing is not as tough as dd...

klwiggs
nightwing is not as tough as dd...

Dick is tough enough to walk circles around Frank and take him out. Dick has gone toe to toe with Deathstroke who is far superior to Frank.

Marcus4600
^ Frank has fought guys tougher than Dick before and came out on top. Hell, he killed a guy by swinging him around by his ankle. Nick Fury will just take his belt off and start whipping people.

klwiggs
^ Frank has fought guys tougher than Dick before and came out on top. Hell, he killed a guy by swinging him around by his ankle. Nick Fury will just take his belt off and start whipping people.

How is Frank gonna be able to catch Dick let alone grab him by the ankles? The only thing Frank might have over Dick is durability, everything else in H2H Dick is better at.

While the thought of Fury trying to whip Robin with his belt is funny I can't remember the last time Fury got in into a fistfight. The old man hardly picks up a gun nowadays let alone ruffs anyone up.

jgiant
How is Frank gonna be able to catch Dick let alone grab him by the ankles? The only thing Frank might have over Dick is durability, everything else in H2H Dick is better at.

While the thought of Fury trying to whip Robin with his belt is funny I can't remember the last time Fury got in into a fistfight. The old man hardly picks up a gun nowadays let alone ruffs anyone up. PUnisher is more durable, stronger, has more stamina, and is stronger, their fighting skills are not that much better than punisher's...maybe a notch or two, nothing that frank can't overcome...

superbatman86
PUnisher is more durable, stronger, has more stamina, and is stronger, their fighting skills are not that much better than punisher's...maybe a notch or two, nothing that frank can't overcome...
Punisher fighting skill aren't even close he might be tougher but seeing as I've seen Nightwing fight his way through hundreds of men then hold his own and sometimes win against people like bane and blockbuster I doubt it.Stamina not even close either because of the afore mentioned reasons.Plus Nightwing and Robin have the benifit of excellent teamwork between them.I don't ever remember seeing fury throw down and fight to the finish with just his hands before.

jgiant
Frank will do anything to win...i don't see nightwing fighting as dirty as frank...frank will nail nw in the balls, rip his eyes out, bite his flesh off, anything...nightwing will not expect this...and as stated before i believe that dd can beat nw and since frank put a hurting on dd (even tho he didn't win he came pretty close) i don't think nw can do that to dd...that is y i think frank will beat dd...and fury will hold his own against robin and beat him, again he is on par with cap...

leonheartmm
any man that can beat slade can beat frank PERIOD!

brainchild81
NW, Batman and pretty much any non-meta will lose to Slade without PIS backing them up. NW's a great fighter, but Slade should logically beat his a$$ every time they fight.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by superbatman86
Punisher fighting skill aren't even close he might be tougher but seeing as I've seen Nightwing fight his way through hundreds of men then hold his own and sometimes win against people like bane and blockbuster I doubt it.Stamina not even close either because of the afore mentioned reasons.Plus Nightwing and Robin have the benifit of excellent teamwork between them.I don't ever remember seeing fury throw down and fight to the finish with just his hands before.

You get a better idea of how well they fight in the Marvel MAX series. Frank knows 4 martial arts, and Fury is a good boxer. Also, these two have their toughness and extreme endurance going for them. The kids would tire before they would. jgiant can back me up on the fight with Mongolian, and I doubt either of them could have taken The Russian. Also, don't doubt war veterans. Fury was in WWII and Nam. He's amazing.

Superherovandal
dude NW is very used to fighting tougher opponents. he isn't a newbie. Hes done it for at least 13 years. Seriously he is the elite of agility in DC. He's learned how to survive by Batman. He is respected by DS. and lets not let out Tim who is respected by Lady Shiva who would pwn these fools any and everyday of the week. She trained Robin well enough for him to defeat her with a bo staff. This is hardly going to be an easy fight for Fury and Punisher. In fact I think that Nightwing and Robin take it cause they are well versed in fighting together as a team.

brainchild81
Nightwing will of course put in work, but Robin just ain't ready to deal with killers like Frank & Fury. He'd be nothing but NW's handicap here. If he gets hit once by either of these 2, he's either KOed, immobilized or dead. Whoever fights him won't even break a sweat. If Fury is on par w/Cap then this is really not a good one for NW. Cap would beat up NW pretty badly.

jgiant
You get a better idea of how well they fight in the Marvel MAX series. Frank knows 4 martial arts, and Fury is a good boxer. Also, these two have their toughness and extreme endurance going for them. The kids would tire before they would. jgiant can back me up on the fight with Mongolian, and I doubt either of them could have taken The Russian. Also, don't doubt war veterans. Fury was in WWII and Nam. He's amazing. yup that mongolian was a hardcore martial artist and frank got the sh!t kicked out of him...but frank got right back up grabed his leg and smashed his head open...no matter how much these guys beat frank up he will always come back fighting harder than before...until he eventually hurts one of them bad enough to finish them off...

DarkCrawler
People say that Nightwing couldn't hurt Punisher...

Here he beats on Blockbuster. Blockbuster is a beast, and is able to do stuff like shrug off 13,000 volts, take hollow rounds to chest and level small buildings...Nightwing is capable of hurting him:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsblockbuster17ja.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsblockbuster21kj.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fightsblockbuster37rq.gif
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fightsblockbuster47iy.gif
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fightsblockbuster59en.gif
Check out, he smashed that guy's face on pavement with ease.

Here he puts the hurt on Blockbuster again:
http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsbbagain43hc.gif
http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsbbagain59lr.gif

Here he lifts an fridge like it's nothing and handles it in mid-air:
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1996throwsafridgetoenemies.gif

Here he punches through car window with ease:
http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1996punchingthroughcarwind.gif

Knocking out a guy by throwing a doorknob on him:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1996knocksoutaguywithadoor.gif

Here he lifts a bed above his shoulders like nothing:
http://img458.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997dodgesbulletsandthrows.gif

Here he is reeling Man-Bat, a 200 pound monster in:
http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998reelsmanbatin5gq.gif

Punching through bus windows:
http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998punchesthroughbuswindo.gif

Here he sends three guys and hospital doors flying by pushing a hospital bed at them.
http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998pusheshospitalbed1bt.gif

Nightwing leaps with a full grown man and carries him like nothing:
http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1999doesleapswithaman1ro.gif

Here he handles KGBeast with some nice judo throws. KGBeast must weigh a lot:
http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1999throwskgbeastlikenothi.gif

Here he hits a guy's face through brick wall with simple ease:
http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year2000hitstorquesfacethrough.gif

His strength is really underrated. Frank is stronger, but not by much. Dick's speed and acrobatics outclass Frank by so much that it isn't funny. And he is also better fighter. I would say that without weapons Nightwing would take the majority.

His Respect Thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t394077.html

DarkCrawler
This dude rips steel doors with ease:
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wildebeest9aw.gif

Nightwing topples him twice:

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1987dodgeswildebeestsblows.gif
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1987fightswildebeest6ck.gif

Marcus4600
^ I'm not saying he can't hurt Punisher. I'm saying he can't hurt him enough.

DarkCrawler
Why couldn't he?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
People say that Nightwing couldn't hurt Punisher...

Here he beats on Blockbuster. Blockbuster is a beast, and is able to do stuff like shrug off 13,000 volts, take hollow rounds to chest and level small buildings...Nightwing is capable of hurting him:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsblockbuster17ja.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsblockbuster21kj.gif
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fightsblockbuster37rq.gif
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fightsblockbuster47iy.gif
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fightsblockbuster59en.gif
Check out, he smashed that guy's face on pavement with ease.

Here he puts the hurt on Blockbuster again:
http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsbbagain43hc.gif
http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997fightsbbagain59lr.gif

Here he lifts an fridge like it's nothing and handles it in mid-air:
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1996throwsafridgetoenemies.gif

Here he punches through car window with ease:
http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1996punchingthroughcarwind.gif

Knocking out a guy by throwing a doorknob on him:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1996knocksoutaguywithadoor.gif

Here he lifts a bed above his shoulders like nothing:
http://img458.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1997dodgesbulletsandthrows.gif

Here he is reeling Man-Bat, a 200 pound monster in:
http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998reelsmanbatin5gq.gif

Punching through bus windows:
http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998punchesthroughbuswindo.gif

Here he sends three guys and hospital doors flying by pushing a hospital bed at them.
http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998pusheshospitalbed1bt.gif

Nightwing leaps with a full grown man and carries him like nothing:
http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1999doesleapswithaman1ro.gif

Here he handles KGBeast with some nice judo throws. KGBeast must weigh a lot:
http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1999throwskgbeastlikenothi.gif

Here he hits a guy's face through brick wall with simple ease:
http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year2000hitstorquesfacethrough.gif

His strength is really underrated. Frank is stronger, but not by much. Dick's speed and acrobatics outclass Frank by so much that it isn't funny. And he is also better fighter. I would say that without weapons Nightwing would take the majority.

His Respect Thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t394077.html

good post, i think nightwing is being extremely underrated here
on the other hand, Nightwing is at a disadvantage because It would probably end up being 2v1, robin might not be much help against Pun/Nick
For the record, Nightwing is unquestionably more agile than nick and Punisher combind

jrodslam
Im trying to get more Fury comics, but hes pretty agile as well. Much more than people think.

Edit: Nice scans DC. Noone is saying that Nightwing wont put up a good fight, but hed eventually get double teamed. How good is his h2h skills?

DarkCrawler
I recall him knowing about half a dozen martial arts, if I am right. His martial arts style relies a lot on his speed and acrobatics.

And yeah, he could not defeat both Fury and Punisher. But he could beat them both individually.

Here's him taking on Deathstroke:
http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998fightsdeathstroke18py.gif
http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998fightsdeathstroke23qh.gif

jgiant
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I recall him knowing about half a dozen martial arts, if I am right. His martial arts style relies a lot on his speed and acrobatics.

And yeah, he could not defeat both Fury and Punisher. But he could beat them both individually.

Here's him taking on Deathstroke:
http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998fightsdeathstroke18py.gif
http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=year1998fightsdeathstroke23qh.gif didn't he mention how slade can kill him easily

The Ion
That was a decent amount of time ago. In NW #116, Dick made fun of Slade because he always fails at killing him.

Slade: Give me a reason I shouldn't kill you.
Nightwing: Because you always fail and that makes you mad.

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9396/page000126xw.th.jpg http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6180/page000137oh.th.jpg http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5008/page000143gn.th.jpg http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5880/page000150zn.th.jpg http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9962/page000165bh.th.jpg http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/8451/page000170uh.th.jpg http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/8247/page000183ew.th.jpg

Juntai
Nice catching the sword and stuff. Deathstroke didn't seem all that serious. Perhaps because of Rose kept interupting.

2 or 3 issues before that, Deathstroke KOed Dick in one kick. And that was also largely due to Rose interupting.
lol.

The Ion
Rose should stop cutting in but Dick wasn't serious either. He didn't show up to fight Slade.

Tassadar
Batman>DD>Nightwing
Punisher can keep up with DD, Nightwing and Bats got pwned by Gambit and Wolvie in Marvel/DC (They stole the batmobile) and Punisher or Fury have or would beat either of them in h2h
Even without weapons, Frank and Fury crush the Batman sidekicks

brainchild81
If were talking h2h DD>Bats>Nightwing, but I've heard NW has a mental block when fighting Bruce 'cause he feels like he's fighting a father figure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.