(Tug-of-War again)Pre-Crisis Superman vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Master
Pre Crisis Superman held a black hole from expanding and then closed that same black hole with his bare hands, literally.

Juggernaut is unstoppable, but can this version of Superman be enough to win this tug-of-war?

Black Adam
We never would see the outcome of the match because the universe would tear in half!!!

Mr Master
Here it is.

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supes81io.jpg

Mr Master
Originally posted by Black Adam
We never would see the outcome of the match because the universe would tear in half!!!

lol, I think you may be right, but humor me and try and figure out who could possibly win this.

There's so many reasons why Juggs will win, but there's soooo many reasons why Supes is the force that can stop the unstoppable.

By the way Juggs can hold, wrap around his waist or choose any method he wishes to get better leverage on the rope.

badabing
What kind of rope would be strong enough?

Mr Master
Originally posted by badabing
What kind of rope would be strong enough?

Let's use Wonder Woman's lasso, it's been used to pull planets, so I think it will hold.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Mr Master
Pre Crisis Superman held a black hole from expanding and then closed that same black hole with his bare hands, literally.

Juggernaut is unstoppable, but can this version of Superman be enough to win this tug-of-war?

Superman's stronger. Juggernaut's tougher. Tug-of-war is about strength. Superman wins.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Superman's stronger. Juggernaut's tougher. Tug-of-war is about strength. Superman wins.

juggy is unstoppable, he moves in one direction with the rope, he's not gonna stop.

Mr Master
Originally posted by aliveinboston

You got a point, but remember Juggs is not pulling with his arms and hands, he has the lasso tied around his waist and he's walking in the opposite direction.

So the question is, can Pre-Supes stop him from advancing, but better yet can Pre-Supes pull his momentum back ther other way?

I think so, but it's open to debate.

Mr Master
Originally posted by spideycarnage
juggy is unstoppable, he moves in one direction with the rope, he's not gonna stop.

So the man who can close Black Holes with his bare hands can't stop the Juggernaut from moving, hhmm...

Is the force that Cytorrok yields to it's possessor more powerful than the vacuum of a black hole?

I'm wondering too.

badabing
Superman uses heat vision to melt the ground below Juggernaut's feet and then speed blitzs ahead. Juggernaut slides on the molten ground.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by spideycarnage

isint that his thing
"the unstoppable?"

i think that makes sense
pre chrisis tho?

if your gona say pre chrisis supes, then you shuold atleast make it 8th Day juggernaut

i duno
venom wins

charlemagne9746
I know Juggs is unstoppable...but, i just can't comprehend in my mind how Supes could lose this. Superman ftw.

Skeets
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
I know Juggs is unstoppable...but, i just can't comprehend in my mind how Supes could lose this. Superman ftw.
Great bump....no expression

Endless Mike
I thought that was actually a Boom Tube from Apokolips not a black hole

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Skeets
Great bump....no expression

lol...thanks

janus77
Originally posted by Priest
except 1) he has been stopped, a few times and 2) Cyttorak isn't all powerful, the universe/multiverse has many many more powerful beings.

Pre-C Superman would prolly get the win.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by janus77
except 1) he has been stopped, a few times and 2) Cyttorak isn't all powerful, the universe/multiverse has many many more powerful beings.

Pre-C Superman would prolly get the win.

Even post-crisis Supes could turn the wheels of Mageddon. Pre-Crisis could throw around planets like nothing. If Superman could do all that...how could he not stop the Juggernaut in a tug of war contest...especially if pre-crisis Supes is millions of times stronger.

guy222
Originally posted by Mr Master

supes

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I thought that was actually a Boom Tube from Apokolips not a black hole
It was.

Anyway, I think Pre-Crisis Superman is over Cyttoraks enchantment.

Joey Stacks
Pre-Crisis Superman is not stronger then an enchantment casted by Cyttorak

KMC_Drifter
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Pre-Crisis Superman is not stronger then an enchantment casted by Cyttorak

It's debatable..but, I believe Supes' could do it.

Mordum
War Hulk stoped a full motion juggernaut with ease.

guy222
he did

horrorwolf
Superman would win by cheating and using the strength of his flight. without using flight Juggernaut takes this easily.

Priest
Originally posted by Mordum
It is was with ease, Hulk would of been doing the pushing, also Hulk did admit that the Juggernaut was unstoppable.

Knowsbleed33

That was Hulk with celestial enhancements. Without it, Juggernaut would've pushed him around forever. No PHYSICAL for has been proven to stop the Juggernaut. Only Celetial tech and Thors magic. Superman pulling on the rope is physical. Juggernaut having the rope tied around his waist and walking in the other direction would win. I don't care how hard Superman tugged on the other end.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
That was Hulk with celestial enhancements. Without it, Juggernaut would've pushed him around forever. No PHYSICAL for has been proven to stop the Juggernaut. Only Celetial tech and Thors magic. Superman pulling on the rope is physical. Juggernaut having the rope tied around his waist and walking in the other direction would win. I don't care how hard Superman tugged on the other end.
thumbs_up

IceMan2008

Pre Crisis Supes isn't WarHUlk.

Juntai
Originally posted by IceMan2008
Pre Crisis Supes isn't WarHUlk. Correct! He's stronger.

lando005
Originally posted by Juntai
Correct! He's stronger. stronger is an understatment

vlaaad12345
Except ya know wwh stopped juggernaut,pre crisis superman would easily overpower cyttoraks enchanctment,precrisis supermans strength>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>warhulk or wwh.

spetznaz
Originally posted by IceMan2008
Pre Crisis Supes isn't WarHUlk.

Please don't tell me you are in the slightest stating that WarHulk is stronger/more powerful/more potent/mightier/etc than pre-Crisis Superman.

Because if you are then ......wow ....that would be like comparing a Goliath Beetle (WarHulk) with an out of control Locomotive (PC Superman).

Anyways, on the thread: The question basically boils down to Cyttorak and the 'gift' he bestowed on Marko. Think of Cyttorak's offer to Marko of the power of being his exemplar as a super-powerful engine, more powerful than any other engine around. It has such significant torque and overwhelming horsepower, that the engine can basically tow anything.
Now, take PC Superman as another engine that just came .....more powerful than anything that the first engine (the Marko-Cyttorak engine) has even encountered.
IF the second engine (the Superman engine) is more powerful than the Marko-Cyttorak one, then Juggernaut loses. If it is less powerful then Juggernaut wins. If they are equal they basically spin wheels until the juice runs out, and in each of their cases it will either take the Sun dying (think a number of eons), or an Elder God (Cyttorak) losing his power or dying (and if gods do die, I would assume we are talking a good number of eons as well).

Cyttorak is not omni-potent .....although for most characters he might as well be since he is exceedingly powerful.
PC Superman is not omni-potent .....although DC did everything but sell the family silver in their bid to make him almost that, and feat wise he has some of the craziest (and in many ways sillier) feats this side of Elaine Belloc after reading a comic with Mxy in it.

Both bring a lot to the table.

Although if i had to bet money, I would have the slightest advantage on Superman.
Why?
Because even if pre-Crisis Superman did not pull Juggernaut back, Juggernaut would definitely not be pulling PC Superman forward.
And while that looks like a tie, it is not .....because PC Supes basically made the Juggernaut, who is supposed to be unstoppable, not even move.

I don't think Superman would win, but he also would not lose. Meaning that Juggernaut would be pulling, but not moving. Which dents his rep as the 'juggernaut.'

Although knowing PC Superman, there is a chance he might just yank on the 'indestructible rope' and toss Juggernaut, with ease, across the cosmos with such velocity that Cyttorak himself pops out of the dimension he resides in to see who just made a b!tch of his exemplar! It is pre-Crisis Superman after all, and pwning the unpwnabble is what he does.

Mr Master
Holy! ... I didn't even remember making this thread, cool.

It appears the "black hole" was a boom tube-whatever,
see what happens when you take material from "respect threads"
without reviewing the claim yourself,
we all learn as we go, so take heed kiddies. smile

Anywho ...

Originally posted by spetznaz
Please don't tell me you are in the slightest stating that WarHulk is stronger/more powerful/more potent/mightier/etc than pre-Crisis Superman.

Because if you are then ......wow ....that would be like comparing a Goliath Beetle (WarHulk) with an out of control Locomotive (PC Superman).

Anyways, on the thread: The question basically boils down to Cyttorak and the 'gift' he bestowed on Marko. Think of Cyttorak's offer to Marko of the power of being his exemplar as a super-powerful engine, more powerful than any other engine around. It has such significant torque and overwhelming horsepower, that the engine can basically tow anything.
Now, take PC Superman as another engine that just came .....more powerful than anything that the first engine (the Marko-Cyttorak engine) has even encountered.
IF the second engine (the Superman engine) is more powerful than the Marko-Cyttorak one, then Juggernaut loses. If it is less powerful then Juggernaut wins. If they are equal they basically spin wheels until the juice runs out, and in each of their cases it will either take the Sun dying (think a number of eons), or an Elder God (Cyttorak) losing his power or dying (and if gods do die, I would assume we are talking a good number of eons as well).

Cyttorak is not omni-potent .....although for most characters he might as well be since he is exceedingly powerful.
PC Superman is not omni-potent .....although DC did everything but sell the family silver in their bid to make him almost that, and feat wise he has some of the craziest (and in many ways sillier) feats this side of Elaine Belloc after reading a comic with Mxy in it.

Both bring a lot to the table.

Although if i had to bet money, I would have the slightest advantage on Superman.
Why?
Because even if pre-Crisis Superman did not pull Juggernaut back, Juggernaut would definitely not be pulling PC Superman forward.
And while that looks like a tie, it is not .....because PC Supes basically made the Juggernaut, who is supposed to be unstoppable, not even move.

I don't think Superman would win, but he also would not lose. Meaning that Juggernaut would be pulling, but not moving. Which dents his rep as the 'juggernaut.'

Although knowing PC Superman, there is a chance he might just yank on the 'indestructible rope' and toss Juggernaut, with ease, across the cosmos with such velocity that Cyttorak himself pops out of the dimension he resides in to see who just made a b!tch of his exemplar! It is pre-Crisis Superman after all, and pwning the unpwnabble is what he does.
Great post, enjoyable read ... thumb up

On the other hand, here are 10 things that can stop the Juggernaut:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5919/juggssd2.th.jpg

laughing

guy222
War Hulk also

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Except ya know wwh stopped juggernaut,pre crisis superman would easily overpower cyttoraks enchanctment,precrisis supermans strength>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>warhulk or wwh.

WWH stopped Juggernaut? No he didn't. How can you stop something that wasn't even moving? Try again.

vlaaad12345
WWH stopped Juggernaut? No he didn't. How can you stop something that wasn't even moving? Try again.
LOL what?the author himself stated juggernaut was temporarily stopped,you can try again though.

Mindset
LOL what?the author himself stated juggernaut was temporarily stopped,you can try again though.

That was the fight with War Hulk, not WWH.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Mindset
That was the fight with War Hulk, not WWH.
Wrong,it was wwh hulk,the author said that juggernauts momentum was temporarily stopped from hulk forcing it all downwards.

Mindset
scan?

vlaaad12345
scan?
Was a question asked on one of the hulk forums so its gunna take awhile.

Mindset
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/wwh_juggs4.jpg

That the page you're talking about?

vlaaad12345
Thats the page,but what im talking about is someone asked the author in a letter if the hulk actually stopped juggs to which he replied that he did temporarily stop juggs by forcing his momentum downwards.

Mindset
Well he is an idiot.

vlaaad12345
Well he is an idiot.
I agree.

Ptr_Grifin
Thats the page,but what im talking about is someone asked the author in a letter if the hulk actually stopped juggs to which he replied that he did temporarily stop juggs by forcing his momentum downwards.

Redirecting momentum does not mean stopped. When the author said that, he was referring to Hulk stopping Juggernaut from completing his goal. He specifically said in a later e-mail that he didn't mean Hulk stopped Juggernaut from moving forward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.