*-WhaTs GoD DoIn 4 tHe WorLd Now-*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sammii
seriously if gods real and amazing as everyone makes out what is he curently doin for the world??

Bardiel13
Well... according to Westboro Baptist Church, he's quite busy blowing up our troops and punishing the homosexuals. Then again, these are the same people who follow the words of someone who said "George Bush worships Mr. Peanut" laughing

debbiejo
OH true true. God is busy punishing the US with all the deasters he's thown our way along with crimes because of our immoral behavior.....I think he's really really P.O'd at the Jews too.... wink

MC Mike
Nothing. What god?

AOR
Originally posted by sammii
seriously if gods real and amazing as everyone makes out what is he curently doin for the world??

He has given many people hope and a set standard. That is, aside from the idea he made every and all things good. However, people made and continue to make the choice to do evil and avoid good.

Arachnoidfreak
That logic is flawed. If God made everything good, that inherently makes people good, and that's obvioulsy not the case.

God done ****ed up.

AOR
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
That logic is flawed. If God made everything good, that inherently makes people good, and that's obvioulsy not the case.

God done ****ed up.

No, God simply gave us a choice. Sadly we didn't win the million dollar question....

sammii
gos dosent have to make everything perfect but why is he letting such disaster happen to people who dont deserve it why are people dying so early when they,ve got there whole lives a head of them

sithsaber408
gos dosent have to make everything perfect but why is he letting such disaster happen to people who dont deserve it why are people dying so early when they,ve got there whole lives a head of them

Thats the world we live in.

Thats the wolrd that people have allowed to happen.

God set this deal in motion, and we ran with it.

The state of the world isn't God's fault.

If you don't believe God is real, then you have only yourself to blame, right?

If you do believe him to be real, then you know that he is perfect, and we are not.

Hence, we have made a fine mess of the world he gave us.

Just one man's opinon. wink

Lana
Originally posted by AOR
No, God simply gave us a choice. Sadly we didn't win the million dollar question....

No, I really don't think you see the contradiction in your post.

You said that god made all things good.

That would make it impossible for people to do evil then, because everything, no matter how inherently evil it'd seem, would actually be good because god made everything good.

Xirius
God gives hope and faith to millions of people all over the world, what have you done lately? stick out tongue

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by AOR

A choice are you talking about the god from the bible?

AOR
Originally posted by Lana
No, I really don't think you see the contradiction in your post.

You said that god made all things good.

That would make it impossible for people to do evil then, because everything, no matter how inherently evil it'd seem, would actually be good because god made everything good.

debbiejo
You spin me right round, baby
right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round

He's been kinda busy spinning us around....pizza

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by AOR
Now, things are either good, or things are either bad. But that's because nothing has free will aside from humans. Therefore "things" that do things, do things with the intent of fullfilling the purpose, and nothing more. Eat to live, live to die. Very basic living style, and yet very very boring. So when free-will is added into the occassion normal things that would usually have a good purpose or a bad purpose are mixed to give the human the actual choice. An example would be like a car. Car's are used for transportation with the additional side use of bragging purposes, and thus making them good, because they have a positive prupose. However because humans, and humans alone, have the ability to chose, the car become a weapon for vehicular homicide, and thus "bad".

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Every animal has free will. Except domesticated and those that are in zoos.

Any animal can play when they want and look for food when they feel like it and shit where they please. Sounds like free will to me.

and besides, flying, or chasing down prey to tear apart with gigantic claws sure sounds boring roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonheartmm
nuthin. probably sittin on his ass, sippin soda made up of burnin crushed HEATHENS while watchin with glee as his followers kill the poor opposition madly and mercilessly while chanting his name and distancing themselves from all things pleasureable and suffering themselves for it not to mention suffering from guilt and disease and from the wrest of the human world. indeed it WOULD make him feal al high and mighty. any1 who doesnt do what he likes will suffer, even people who do worship him and do as he says suffer without realizing n are fud in the head but they blindly keep on doin it cause hes GOD, must be a real ego booster to see such conviction and opression just because of HIM being there and doing nuthin.

FeceMan
How can you say that they did not deserve it?

Any animal can play when they want and look for food when they feel like it and shit where they please. Sounds like free will to me.

and besides, flying, or chasing down prey to tear apart with gigantic claws sure sounds boring roll eyes (sarcastic)
Contrary to your belief, "free will" does not mean that one has the ability to roam where one pleases. With that definition, prisoners lack free will, and I'm quite certain they don't.

JacopeX

God done ****ed up. he made us to do wuts right. He wants to know if we will sin or do the right thing. I belive in god alot and hes fo reel.

Christianity and catholic religion is actually popular world wide so you must face it, god is real ((if you want to belive, im not sayin you have to))

debbiejo
Originally posted by JacopeX
Christianity and catholic religion is actually popular world wide so you must face it, god is real ((if you want to belive, im not sayin you have to)) Hmmmm should we believe cause it's popular???....We can be in the IN crowd!!

JacopeX
No, but there alot of posibility that if you come up to someone and ask em "Do you belive in god?" Big chances thell say yes

debbiejo
Many do because they are afraid to say otherwise though..

JacopeX
Yea, thats jus one of the things people say but it aint true. The reason to belive is becuz of your opinons.

If someone wuz to point a gun to my head and would shoot me if i say yes to his question "Do you belive in god" I would say yes.

debbiejo
Thinking of Columbine High School aren't ya?

AOR

Surly the fool can not call someone a fool, just like the wise can not call some wise. However, surly you can not be as foolish to think that humans are not set apart from animals.

Think of it this way. Deprive a true, loyal soldier of food and water for several days so you can get necessary information out of him, and he can still choose to die of hunger. However you can not apply the scenario to an animal. Deprive him of his necessities and he will always choose life. Because it has a very basic standard: Eat to live, live to die.

An animal plays not when it wants, only during the day with other of it's kind. Why? To merely learn the ways of the wild. They search for food, only when they're hungry, never for anything more. No more can they choose to store food, than can they make a shopping list from which to use at their neighborly Kroger's. As for the crapping statement, discreetness is more of a sign of free will.

Yeah I mean that sure does beat hanging out with friends, playing on a game counsel, reading a book, racing, sky diving, sex, etc...roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
Surly the fool can not call someone a fool, just like the wise can not call some wise.
Wisdom knows.........

botankus
When I read this thread title (or tried to, but I don't do aLtErNaTiNg WhAtEvEr ThE hElL tHiS iS cAlLeD), I thought reading this post was going to suck. Then I opened the thread, and I found out it was worse - it was in pink font.

debbiejo
Don't point...... She has pink eye too...It's contagious...

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by AOR
Surly the fool can not call someone a fool, just like the wise can not call some wise. However, surly you can not be as foolish to think that humans are not set apart from animals.

Think of it this way. Deprive a true, loyal soldier of food and water for several days so you can get necessary information out of him, and he can still choose to die of hunger. However you can not apply the scenario to an animal. Deprive him of his necessities and he will always choose life. Because it has a very basic standard: Eat to live, live to die.

An animal plays not when it wants, only during the day with other of it's kind. Why? To merely learn the ways of the wild. They search for food, only when they're hungry, never for anything more. No more can they choose to store food, than can they make a shopping list from which to use at their neighborly Kroger's. As for the crapping statement, discreetness is more of a sign of free will.

Yeah I mean that sure does beat hanging out with friends, playing on a game counsel, reading a book, racing, sky diving, sex, etc...roll eyes (sarcastic)

A couple of things wrong with this. I'll let that slick little comment about me being a fool slide.

Humans ARE animals, albeit with much larger more efficient brains. What sets us apart is philosophy, that age old question "Why are we here?". The ability to even ask that question sets us apart, but by no means makes us better. Hell, the only other species in the world besides humans that even has the concept of wars is ants.

I didn't realize animals could talk to humans to give out necessary information. My bad. I'll go interrogate the nearest dog, maybe he'll tell me something useful about a terrorist organisation.

That 'eat to live, live to die' sentiment is a little too basic. So how much biology have you researched recently? In the wild, the continuation of the species is the point of living. Animals have emotions just like humans. Don't other mammals and birds take care of their young?

Next, nearly all animals in the wild are natural enemies. Of course they would stay with their 'own kind'. Don't you play with other human beings? When was the last time you had the urge to play catch with a bear? Yet also in the wild, you see birds sitting comfortably inside an alligator's mouth, feeding happily on scraps in their teeth. And contrary to the 'storing food' statement, squirells, racoons, birds, and mice store food outside of their bodies. Bears, snakes, camels, and other species store food inside of their body.

Yea, last time i checked, flying and hunting with bare claws did beat playing on a game counsel and reading a book(incidentally, entire books are written on the very subject of what it would be like to be a wild animal) and also, animals have just as much, if not more sex than humans do. Male lions have sex every 15 minutes during their mating season.

Makedde

Absolutley nothing. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.