Hulk vs. Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
who wins?

Darth Kal-El
Hulk lands two punches on Aquaman and he's down. Hulk's mind is immune to telepathy.

Pepito
Hulk - unless Aquaman is at his lifting cities level

marvelprince
Aquaman. He can just "cure" Hulk of his gamma poisoning and he'll revert back to Bruce

Wally West
Hulk smash.

marvelprince
Plus Aquaman is really fast, Hulk will have trouble hitting him. The Orin, from the goodness of his heart will just cure him. Aquaman is seriously underrated here

grey fox
Aquaman cures hulk of his gamma-mutation reverting him to grey hulk , he then dodged the blows until he drags the oceans to move the moon . Causing hulk to revert back to normal.

Sixth_Winged
Not before he gets thunderclapped to infinity and beyond. Hulk, gamma radiation didn't poison hulk in anyway, but affected his DNA. Haven't seen him also do that to devolve mutation.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Haven't seen him also do that to devolve mutation.

Aquaman de-evolved Shark
Aquaman de-transformed a mutated Black Manta back into a human with his magic hand.

Sixth_Winged
He had....hmm....orin gets powerup. I guess he have a chance here. Still Hulk trumps this due to his thunderclap and the plot device rage to fight things like that.

Draco69
I don't think a simple thunderclap is going to put him down. The guy's taken hits from Despero and Wonder Woman.

soleran30
the hit doesn't have to put him down just stun him...............so hulk can do other things

Draco69
Hulk is considerably slower than Aquaman. The guy can reach Mach speeds in water...imagine how fast he is OUTSIDE of water.

Sir Whirlysplat
Been done smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=374704&highlight=hulk+aquaman

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337756&highlight=hulk+aquaman

soleran30
Originally posted by Draco69
Hulk is considerably slower than Aquaman. The guy can reach Mach speeds in water...imagine how fast he is OUTSIDE of water.

lol so mako sharks are incredibly fast underwater................but I doubt they can do the same thing on landsmile

Hulk is fast as well....................its not like you can throw around hundreds of tons without getting some quickness in there.

Take out that lame ass PIS magic hand and Hulk blows him up. With the hand anything can happen cuz thats magic

GODSCRIBE

this is a joke right?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
this is a joke right?

No it's not. There is a scan about it somewhere too.

It's logical. He can move faster then humans under incredible pressure (underwater)...and when the pressure is off, he can move even faster.

Juntai
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No it's not. There is a scan about it somewhere too.

It's logical. He can move faster then humans under incredible pressure (underwater)...and when the pressure is off, he can move even faster. Yep, I believe there's a scan of him talking about it in the AM respect thread.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Juntai
Yep, I believe there's a scan of him talking about it in the AM respect thread.

please post it!

soleran30
lets get something stright though i could care less if AM is "fast" that won't give him the win by itself it gonna be that PIS hand not his speed.

The Ion
please post it!
I think this is it. 10,000 ft per second

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1876/aquamanswimmingat10000fps3pd.jpg

King_Mungi
please post it!

1. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/aquaman21.jpg

soleran30
lol Wolverine has speed feats like that........................

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
lol Wolverine has speed feats like that........................ The first post explained that he was able to move at 10k ft per second. And the second explained he was even faster out of water.
Regardless of the actual feat involved, chopping the gun. It's a clear explanation.

soleran30
The first post explained that he was able to move at 10k ft per second. And the second explained he was even faster out of water.
Regardless of the actual feat involved, chopping the gun. It's a clear explanation.

Yup and neither of those things amount to beating the hulk who has jumped at escape velocity....................AQ without magic hand gets smashed pretty hard by the hulk unless they hit the surfsmile

GODSCRIBE
The first post explained that he was able to move at 10k ft per second. ]

uhh no

the first post explained that he moves at that speed, jumping air-borne out of water FROM depths of 20,000 ft or less. says nothing about his running speed. in fact thats more of an IN WATER feat.

GODSCRIBE
chopping the gun. It's a clear explanation.

it isnt clear at all. weve just seen his hands move rapidly..how does that reflect his running speed?

Draco69
Well if he can move 10,000 feet per second just by swimming (using his legs) than in a water-less environment....

GODSCRIBE
Well if he can move 10,000 feet per second just by swimming (using his legs) than in a water-less environment....

He is an AQUATIC being. Ian Thorpe is a quicker swimmer than Maurice Greene who moves his legs more rapidly. Does that mean Ian Thorpe is the faster runner? lol

soleran30
Point is Hulk is gonna stomp a mud puddle in AM.

Draco69
He is an AQUATIC being. Ian Thorpe is a quicker swimmer than Maurice Greene who moves his legs more rapidly. Does that mean Ian Thorpe is the faster runner? lol

Aquaman, despite his name, is not an aquatic being to truthfully. His body is meant to breathe oxygen and withstand the pressures of the deep...but his swimming ability is purely muscle power. He doens't have fins. He doesn't tail fins. He just has legs.

And yes swimmers can be very fast runners as the two professions often corelate each other. If you can swim at high speeds using your lege muscles through a denser environment than air, than if trained properly, you can be a very fast runner. It's simple logic.

Have you ever moved your arm that was completely underwater? Notice how slow it moves compared to being OUTSIDE water? Water is a denser environment. If Aquaman can move THAT fast in such a dense environment than OBVIOUSLY he's going to be incredibly fast on land.

Draco69
Point is Hulk is gonna stomp a mud puddle in AM.

Unlikely.

A) Hulk is too damn slow. Aquaman will be dodging and weaving away from his blows like Spider-Man on Red Bull

B) Hulk needs quite a few hits take Aquaman down. Aquaman only needs ONE. One shot from his magic hand and BOOM....Hulk is Banner again.

Sixth_Winged
Hulk is slow? I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

And his water hand effect doesn't take that instant one punch.

Draco69
Hulk is slow compared to Aquaman.

His water hand effect only has touch Hulk for the effect to take place. The first time Arthur did it he didn't know what he was doing. Now that he's had practice, all he needs to do is poke him (not literally...) and bam Hulk is cured of his gamma whatchmecallit.

Sixth_Winged
But the margin of speed isn't that high to matter this fight that way. It's like a lightweight fighting a heavyweight. Aquaman is faster and more nimble though a Hulk isn't that disadvantaged cause the speed difference isn't that high.

And current Aquaman isn't that well versed on the water hand either. It still has uses he hasn't tapped yet. However point remains that the effect on his opponents isn't that fast nor can be done in an instant with one blow. Unless Hulk suddenly developed Superman's allergy to magic, he's not gonna be down with one punch. What Aquaman needs to do is to at least cling with his hand and hope his magical hand could devolve him before he could grab him and pound him to smitherins.

GODSCRIBE
you can be a very fast runner. It's simple logic.

Have you ever moved your arm that was completely underwater? Notice how slow it moves compared to being OUTSIDE water? Water is a denser environment. If Aquaman can move THAT fast in such a dense environment than OBVIOUSLY he's going to be incredibly fast on land.

Penguins are land animals and move like bullets in water, but on land a toddler can outrun them. Same thing with frogs and turtles and No it isnt about logic. It's about science. There are many variables to consider here.

And I always thought Aquaman was from Atlantis..lol Whether or not his physiology is "made to breath water" here is irrelevant. He is still an aquatic being. Whales breath oxygen, but they are still AQUATIC beings.

Draco69
But the margin of speed isn't that high to matter that much. It's like a lightweight fighting a heavyweight. Aquaman is faster and more nimble though a Hulk isn't that disadvantaged.]

Hulk has difficulties against slower foes. I see it as Hammerhead facing Spider-Man. Aquaman can go at Mach speeds in water and his reaction times allow him to sidestip bullets at point blank range. Hulk is fast for a guy his size (discounting his patent super-jump) but not fast enough to do many hits against Arthur.

And current Aquaman isn't that well versed on the water hand either. It still has uses he hasn't tapped yet. However point is, the effect currently or from the past hasn't showed it to affect it's target that quickly nor with a single punch. Unless Hulk suddenly developed Superman's allergy to magic, he's not gonna be down with one punch. What Aquaman needs to do is to at least cling with his hand and hope his magical hand could devolve him before he could grab him and pound him to smitherins.

The only powers he managed to practice is the curing effect, the "Red Nile" effect and the "magic nullifying" effect. This much is true. But based on his abilities Aquaman should be able to devolve the Hulk as soon as he touches him since it worked on Manta. And he doesn't even need to be NEAR him for the water hand to work. He can "distach" or "stretch" the hand to operate on its own.

Draco69
Penguins are land animals and move like bullets in water, but on land a toddler can outrun them. Same thing with frogs and turtles and No it isnt about logic. It's about science. There are many variables to consider here.

Bad example. They all have FINS. Arthur does not have fins. He swims just like every other swimmer....except several thousand times faster.

And I always thought Aquaman was from Atlantis..lol Whether or not his physiology is "made to breath water" here is irrelevant. He is still an aquatic being. Whales breath oxygen, but they are still AQUATIC beings.

Arthur is an aquatic being, yes. But you're missing the point. His body was made to LIVE in water. But certainly not to move around in it as well as fish. Everyone else in Atlantis is either a mutated fish-man or a mermaid. Not Arthur. They all have FINS that allow them to move quickly through water. Arthur solely relies on his legs and arms.

Sixth_Winged
Hulk has difficulties against slower foes. I see it as Hammerhead facing Spider-Man. Aquaman can go at Mach speeds in water and his reaction times allow him to sidestip bullets at point blank range. Hulk is fast for a guy his size (discounting his patent super-jump) but not fast enough to do many hits against Arthur.

The only powers he managed to practice is the curing effect, the "Red Nile" effect and the "magic nullifying" effect. This much is true. But based on his abilities Aquaman should be able to devolve the Hulk as soon as he touches him since it worked on Manta. And he doesn't even need to be NEAR him for the water hand to work. He can "distach" or "stretch" the hand to operate on its own.

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/2600/quicksilver9xj.jpg

so can quicksilver. Too bad it didn't stop him from getting pimp slapped.

And the effect of his hand once again isn't instant even if it stretch or ditach, point remains that it needs some time to work, time which he doesn't have till hulk claps and stuns him.

GODSCRIBE
Bad example. They all have FINS. Arthur does not have fins. He swims just like every other swimmer....except several thousand times faster.

Arthur is an aquatic being, yes. But you're missing the point. His body was made to LIVE in water. But certainly not to move around in it as well as fish. Everyone else in Atlantis is either a mutated fish-man or a mermaid. Not Arthur. They all have FINS that allow them to move quickly through water. Arthur solely relies on his legs and arms.

so by your "logic" if he moves at 20,000 feet per sec and mach speeds underwater, he should be able to move at sub-light speeds outside of water. and theres nothing to prove that, especially not those scans you posted.

Draco69
so by your "logic" if he moves at 20,000 feet per sec and mach speeds underwater, he should be able to move at sub-light speeds outside of water. and theres nothing to prove that, especially not those scans you posted.

If walks like duck, quacks like duck....

Can he move at sublight speeds outside of water. Possibly. But he may not be able to sustain it:

A) Because he may not be able to breathe at such speeds.
B) The friction may set him on fire.
C) His reaction times may not be up to the task.

I'd say he can move at mach speeds comfortably and efficently outside of water.

It's not that hard to comprehend. If Arthur using only his legs can move incredibly fast underwater in a much denser environment then in waterless environment in much less denser environment, without several thousand tons of pressure upon him...

Kinda like the Gravity Chamber in Dragonball Z.

Lucid Lui
And the effect of his hand once again isn't instant even if it stretch or ditach, point remains that it needs some time to work, time which he doesn't have till hulk claps and stuns him. It barely takes much time at all to reverse the mutation.

1. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3548/aquamanwaterhandabilities057hm.jpg

And the fact that he could de-tach it, send it round back and just make it grab onto Hulk's leg or something, while also keeping Hulk busy, means he'd have more that enough time that way.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
It barely takes much time at all to reverse the mutation.

1. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3548/aquamanwaterhandabilities057hm.jpg

And the fact that he could de-tach it, send it round back and just make it grab onto Hulk's leg or something, while also keeping Hulk busy, means he'd have more that enough time that way.

Uhhmmmm.. no. Am i blind or something? cause it sure as hell doesn't look instant at all.

And like i said, it doesn't matter whether he detaches it or not, since it's not gonna stop a thunderclap. Not to mention the fact that he has resisted transmutation and devolved before.

King_Mungi
Uhhmmmm.. no. Am i blind or something? What i see is his hand sticking at the body for about a few panels.

the second panel Black Manta is already getting transformed and the first was just explaining what he was going to do. That's damn fast...Plus his hand was weakened by the Thirst, since he only had three fingers.

Draco69
Uhhmmmm.. no. Am i blind or something? What i see is his hand sticking at the body for about a few panels.

No. Read the dialogue. See the yellow swirly effect on the second rightforemost panel? That's the effect already healing him. Imagine Hulk. Hulk would be getting weaker and weaker by the second.

And like i said, it doesn't matter whether he detaches it or not, since it's not gonna stop a thunderclap

The hand can become intangible if he wishes to be.

I doubt Hulk would notice an Addams Family-esque walking hand crawling up his back.... stick out tongue

Sixth_Winged
And that's not a punch is it? or perhaps the fact that Black Manta is unconcious? or perhaps that his physiology isn't similar to hulk.

Juntai
You guys are also acting like Hulk is physically WAY out of Aquaman's league, when it's simply not the case. He throws down in class 100 frequently.

Draco69
And that's not a punch is it? or perhaps the fact that Black Manta is unconcious? or perhaps that his physiology isn't similar to hulk.

It doesn't HAVE to be a punch. It can be caress or grope or....

ANYTHING that isn't naturally part of the inflicted's physiology will be cured. It doesn't have anything to do with different physiology.

Sixth_Winged
No. Read the dialogue. See the yellow swirly effect on the second rightforemost panel? That's the effect already healing him. Imagine Hulk. Hulk would be getting weaker and weaker by the second.

The hand can become intangible if he wishes to be.

I doubt Hulk would notice an Addams Family-esque walking hand crawling up his back.... stick out tongue

And imagine the hulk grabbing his wrist while on the process and slamming him to the ground first face and pounding him till he is unconscious. The first thing Aquaman needs to worry is getting close which i doubt he can do before hulk lays a clap.

And what good does the intagible hand do if Aquaman's unconcious?

Juntai
And that's not a punch is it? or perhaps the fact that Black Manta is unconcious? or perhaps that his physiology isn't similar to hulk. Non-point, now you're just arguing that it -isn't- Hulk on panel getting de-mutated. In his comics he cured all sorts of mutations, natural or magical or whatever. It's a good way to stop Hulk.

Lucid Lui
Uhhmmmm.. no. Am i blind or something? cause it sure as hell doesn't look instant at all.

And like i said, it doesn't matter whether he detaches it or not, since it's not gonna stop a thunderclap. Not to mention the fact that he has resisted transmutation and devolved before. It starts curing straight away. It might take a little while to cure Hulk, but somehow i think he'll be a bit preoccupied with the fact that he's shrinking and getting weaker to use a thunderclap.

Draco69
You guys are also acting like Hulk is physically WAY out of Aquaman's league, when it's simply not the case. He throws down in class 100 frequently.

No. They're just irritated that the JLA's previously thought most useless member suddenly has the goods to take down one Marvel's top dogs.

And I don't blame them too much.

Draco69
And imagine the hulk grabbing his wrist while on the process and slamming him to the ground first face and pounding him till he is unconscious. The first thing Aquaman needs to worry is getting close which i doubt he can do before hulk lays a clap.]

Hulk won't be able to grab Aquaman because he's simply too fast for him.

Didn't we just establish that. You're thinking Hulk will be able to grab a guy who can approach mach speeds on land...

And what good does the intagible hand do if Aquaman's unconcious?

What good is a thunderclap when Hulk is getting rapidly weaker and weaker by the second?

Sixth_Winged
Non-point, now you're just arguing that it -isn't- Hulk on panel getting de-mutated. In his comics he cured all sorts of mutations, natural or magical or whatever. It's a good way to stop Hulk.

Or perhaps the fact that it is true and you can't accept it. Aquaman is good and he gets his fairly due respect here. You make it sound though that he doesn't and that anyone who disagrees with Aquaman's following is simply a fanboy.

And speaking of class 100, Hulk throws more than that. If Aquaman is class 100, hulk justifies that he should be far above.

Lucid Lui
And imagine the hulk grabbing his wrist while on the process and slamming him to the ground first face and pounding him till he is unconscious. The first thing Aquaman needs to worry is getting close which i doubt he can do before hulk lays a clap.

And what good does the intagible hand do if Aquaman's unconcious? Look. Aquaman detaches the hand. Send it to grab onto Hulk. He then keeps a far enough distance so as not to get hit, but keeps Hulk busy while the hand grabs on. At this point Hulk starts devolving back into Banner, which also means Aquaman could beating the crap out og him as he's devolving.

Sixth_Winged
Non-point, now you're just arguing that it -isn't- Hulk on panel getting de-mutated. In his comics he cured all sorts of mutations, natural or magical or whatever. It's a good way to stop Hulk.

And your'e arguing that it is? WTF? show me an issue where the guy who was de-evolved was conscious and resisted de-evolution?

Sixth_Winged
Look. Aquaman detaches the hand. Send it to grab onto Hulk. He then keeps a far enough distance so as not to get hit, but keeps Hulk busy while the hand grabs on. At this point Hulk starts devolving back into Banner, which also means Aquaman could beating the crap out og him as he's devolving.

You make it sound like Hulk will stand there doing nothing as the hand approaches.

Draco69
Look. Aquaman detaches the hand. Send it to grab onto Hulk. He then keeps a far enough distance so as not to get hit, but keeps Hulk busy while the hand grabs on. At this point Hulk starts devolving back into Banner, which also means Aquaman could beating the crap out og him as he's devolving.

It's not like Hulk is gonna LOOK for a half-foot in area water hand flying around the place:

Hulk: HULK SMASH!! HULK.....AGGGGGHHH! WATER HAND!! ME HATE WATER HANDS!! rolling on floor laughing

GODSCRIBE
i see.

Draco69
You make it sound like Hulk will stand there doing nothing as the hand approaches.

You make is sound like Hulk will NOTICE a nearly invisible small target swooping around the place. He WON'T. He'll be FAR more concerned with Arthur in his bright orange swimsuit.

Sixth_Winged
No. They're just irritated that the JLA's previously thought most useless member suddenly has the goods to take down one Marvel's top dogs.

And I don't blame them too much.

Irritated? This is the first time I've debated Aquaman vs. someone like hulk. And all of the sudden i'm irritated cause i'm not voting him simply because the argument doesn't favor him in my opinion. WOW

Draco69
That's all nice and dandy, but herein lies the problem. You claim that he moves at such speeds in water due to the rapid movement of his legs. But in the scan you posted he is clearly moving in the classic "flying position". His legs arent even extended...unless hes paddling with one leg. Im curious though..id like you to explain that.

You're saying Aquaman can "fly" through water.? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What? You were excepting to his legs moving right on the page? It's called art, dude.

Lucid Lui
You make it sound like Hulk will stand there doing nothing as the hand approaches. He won't because Aquaman will be distracting him. Not to mention it doesn't have to look like a hand if Aquaman doesn't want it to. It could just be a puddle moving towards Hulk.

Draco69
Irritated? This is the first time I've debated Aquaman vs. someone like hulk. And all of the sudden i'm irritated cause i'm not voting him simply because the argument doesn't favor him in my opinion. WOW

I'm actually referring to solean30 and godscribe...but now that you mention it you do sound a bit irritated.

Sixth_Winged
You make is sound like Hulk will NOTICE a nearly invisible small target swooping around the place. He WON'T. He'll be FAR more concerned with Arthur in his bright orange swimsuit.

Why in the world would he have to notice it when he could just go for the main target.

And yes, Hulk can sense magic and will definitely sense it coming. It's been one of his plot device powers since the 70's.

Draco69
He won't because Aquaman will be distracting him. Not to mention it doesn't have to look like a hand if Aquaman doesn't want it to. It could just be a puddle moving towards Hulk.

HULK: AGGGH! PUDDLE!

King_Mungi
And your'e arguing that it is? WTF? show me an issue where the guy who was de-evolved was conscious and resisted de-evolution?

Aquaman vs. The Shark
----------------------------------------------
Orin defeats the Shark by devolving him back into a... shark.
7. http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3056/aquamanv531201vj.jpg
8. http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4126/aquamanv531217qn.jpg
----------------------------------------------

Sixth_Winged
I'm actually referring to solean30 and godscribe...but now that you mention it you do sound a bit irritated.

ok, sorry my bad then. I thought i'm suddenly one and got offended.

GODSCRIBE
You're saying Aquaman can "fly" through water.? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What? You were excepting to his legs moving right on the page? It's called art, dude.

No dummy..

I was refering to the position I thought he was in. I mistook GL's legs for his.

Draco69
Why in the world would he have to notice it when he could just go for the main target.

Before Aquaman detachs the damn thing and dodges any blows coming his way? Unlikely.

And yes, Hulk can sense magic and will definitely sense it coming. It's been one of his plot device powers since the 70's.

And? The Hulk won't see anything around him except Aquaman himself. Being the rather not too bright guy he is, he's going to assume Aquaman is the magic-user....and it would be partially right.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King_Mungi
..... Not to mention he did that solely with his telepathy. No magic hand involved.

Draco69
No dummy..

I was refering to the position I thought he was in. I mistook GL's legs for his.

Than why did you mention it?

Moving on...

GODSCRIBE

irritated about what? im just trying to find something out. stop reaching.

King_Mungi
Not to mention he did that solely with his telepathy. No magic hand involved.

Bingo, Arthur is a badass

GODSCRIBE
Than why did you mention it?

Moving on...

because i just took another look at the scan prick.

Sixth_Winged

WOW. See the hook. No magic hands there.

That's telepathy. Hulk has resisted and beaten telepaths before

Draco69
because i just took another look at the scan prick.

As I said...MOVING ON. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sixth_Winged
Before Aquaman detachs the damn thing and dodges any blows coming his way? Unlikely.

And? The Hulk won't see anything around him except Aquaman himself. Being the rather not too bright guy he is, he's going to assume Aquaman is the magic-user....and it would be partially right.

Once again, thunderclap. He cannot just simply evade the distance it covers when put to its maximum power.

He can see astral forms. Doesn't get more invisible than that.

Lucid Lui

That's telepathy. Hulk has resisted and beaten telepaths before Conventional telepaths. Has Hulk ever gone up against a telepath that attacks solely through the parts of the brain derived from our marine ancestors?

Draco69

Agreed. The telepathy won't work on him. That's why Arthur's best bet is magic.

King_Mungi

I know, but this is a different form of telepathy. De-evolving someone is an insane ability.

GODSCRIBE
As I said...MOVING ON. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No you're not *****. Back to the issue at hand!

One punch from an enraged Hulk should put Aquaman on his seat.

GODSCRIBE
this is best aquaman scan ive ever seen. Damn it wouldnt load. Its the one where he demands respect from Superman.

Badass.

Draco69
Once again, thunderclap. He cannot just simply evade the distance it covers when put to its maximum power.

Once, again. Intangiliblity.

He can see astral forms. Doesn't get more invisible than that.

The magic hand isn't an astral form. It's piece of water in the shape of a hand. Hulk would be very hard pressed to see a small piece of water floating in the air. It would be invisible. Hell, like Lucid Lui said, it doesn't HAVE to be a hand. It could be a puddle, water vapors, etc.

Sixth_Winged
I know, but this is a different form of telepathy. De-evolving someone is an insane ability.

It is because King shark apparently had the brain functions to transform back.

I dunno why it happened? But i sure as hell know telepaths have been trying to do that for years to hulk to no avail. Only with that stupid onslaught arc did someone like Jean Grey who was permitted to hulk's mind got in.

Draco69
No you're not *****. Back to the issue at hand!

One punch from an enraged Hulk should put Aquaman on his seat.

Like Despero tried to do? Pfft.

Like we said, he isn't going to land many if any blows. Arthur is too fast.

Lucid Lui
One punch from an enraged Hulk should put Aquaman on his seat. And you're basing that on what?

Aquaman took a punch from an pissed off Wonder Woman, and got straight up. He's taken punchs from many Class 100's. One punch will not take Aquaman down.

Sixth_Winged
Once, again. Intangiliblity.

Of his water hand. Not Aquaman who is still susceptible.

The magic hand isn't an astral form. It's piece of water in the shape of a hand. Hulk would be very hard pressed to see a small piece of water floating in the air. It would be invisible. Hell, like Lucid Lui said, it doesn't HAVE to be a hand. It could be a puddle, water vapors, etc.

I know very well it's origins coming from the lady of the lake. Point is though, that it's not gonna stop Hulk that instantly from using a thunderclap or using his land speed(yes i've heard it was 300 m/s or something).

King_Mungi
It is because King shark apparently had the brain functions to transform back.

We still don't know what would happen with Aquaman using "the clear" on Hulk and if he could manipulate him or not. You asked for scans of him de-evolving people and I posted it.

GODSCRIBE
And you're basing that on what?

Aquaman took a punch from an pissed off Wonder Woman, and got straight up. He's taken punchs from many Class 100's. One punch will not take Aquaman down.

I know WW is strong, but surely not on the level of an enraged Hulk.

Draco69
I know WW is strong, but surely not on the level of an enraged Hulk.

Hell yes, she is. yes

Juntai
Hell yes, she is. yes Co-sign.

soleran30
lol Hulk has only to stun AM grab him and throw him into space............bam later AM

Hulk stopped the matter antimatter equationwhich is one of those infinite strength pieces doesn't get any harder then that.

Draco69
Lucid and Mungi can handle this. I have to do my readings for Chinese Politics. I learned that they are communists. I never knew THAT! eek!

cool

Sixth_Winged
We still don't know what would happen with Aquaman using "the clear" on Hulk and if he could manipulate him or not. You asked for scans of him de-evolving people and I posted it.

Isn't Clear is basically telepathy? And i haven't seen him use it for years or at least a mention of it. I might be wrong though, since i've forgotten what the hell it is.

King_Mungi
Clear is basically telepathy. And i haven't seen him use it for years.

No it's similar to "The Red", where "The Clear" seems to function as a universal consciousness of all sea life.

Sixth_Winged
No it's similar to "The Red", where "The Clear" seems to function as a universal consciousness of all sea life.

Well, i've seen do it once and explained that it was gonna affect you if you have a medula oblongata against the white martian. But it's still definitely telepathy.

he doesn't need it anymore though, cause he now has been retconned to have geniune telepathy.

King_Mungi
Well, i've seen do it once and explained that it was gonna affect you if you have a medula oblongata against the white martian. But it's still definitely telepathy.

he doesn't need it anymore though, cause he now has been retconned to have geniune telepathy.

He always had telepathy and then later got "The Clear", which is completly different

1. http://207.56.98.122/dbase_deo/profiles/aquaman/aquaman.html

Lucid Lui

Here's a good page describing the clear.
1. http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6908/aquamanv536058jh.jpg

he doesn't need it anymore though, cause he now has been retconned to have geniune telepathy. It hasn't been mentioned or used in a very long time, but it still hasn't been said that he doesn't have it anymore.

soleran30
The poor AM is gonna have alot of difficulties with life after the Hulk wrecks him.

Lucid Lui
The poor AM is gonna have alot of difficulties with life after the Hulk wrecks him. So... you haven't being paying attention to anything in the tread then?

Sixth_Winged
So Clear doesn't have anything it can do offensively? It doesn't look much cept some sort of depowered cosmic awareness.

soleran30
So... you haven't being paying attention to anything in the tread then?

Nope I have and I also said that without the Hand its a CURBSTOMP!

That hand is just PIS all over the place...................AM by himself or with 2 normal hands or his harpoon would be destroyed.

Lucid Lui
So Clear doesn't have anything it can do offensively? It doesn't look much cept some sort of depowered cosmic awareness. Because he's connected to all marine life, it means he can control all marine life. It also gives him a greater affect on the marine parts of the brain in tother beings that've evolved from marine life. Humans, martians etc.

And i just remembered the Clear being used recently. Though it's not said to be the actual clear. It's the same ability.
1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9778/aquamanv618169gq.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3986/aquamanv618176zw.jpg
3. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1831/aquamanv618188ar.jpg

Lucid Lui
Nope I have and I also said that without the Hand its a CURBSTOMP!

That hand is just PIS all over the place................... How is it anymore or less of a plot device than the speed force? Or a Green Lantern Ring? Or the power cosmic?

AM by himself or with 2 normal hands or his harpoon would be destroyed. I agree that without the hand, Aquaman would lose the majority of times. Would he be easily defeated? Not at all.

Most of the cases of Aquaman going up against high Class 100 people, he didn't have the hand or didn't use it in the least.

soleran30
How is it anymore or less of a plot device than the speed force? Or a Green Lantern Ring? Or the power cosmic?

I agree that without the hand, Aquaman would lose the majority of times. Would he be easily defeated? Not at all.

Most of the cases of Aquaman going up against high Class 100 people, he didn't have the hand or didn't use it in the least.

Its not its just they needed to get fish boy more showtime so they had to give him a water hand so he can be outta the water now and boost his TP and etc etc etc

Anyone that thinks arthur is quicker more agile then this guy in the clip is crazysmile

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/8161/spiderspeed6uy.jpg

even with the Hand its not a win for arthur anyway it just means he has a better chance.

Hulk can sense all magical things not just astral

http://img137.exs.cx/img137/8595/mysticsense5ho.jpg

Lucid Lui
Its not its just they needed to get fish boy more showtime so they had to give him a water hand so he can be outta the water now and boost his TP and etc etc etc So you think Aquaman is the only character ever to be upgraded downgraded and all round graded? Almost every single super hero character has had power upgrades or downgrades. You make it sound like Aquaman's the only one.

Anyone that thinks arthur is quicker more agile then this guy in the clip is crazysmile

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/8161/spiderspeed6uy.jpg More agile? No. Quicker? Yes. At the very least he's on par with Spidey. And that's being generous to Spidey.

And that hit, did it knock Spidey out? Do you think that would knock Aquaman out?

even with the Hand its not a win for arthur anyway it just means he has a better chance.

http://img137.exs.cx/img137/8595/mysticsense5ho.jpg Ok. So Hulk is going to sense magic. From the start of the fight, he'll sense it on Aquaman. Aquaman will turn his hand into a puddle, and send it to grab hold of Hulk. Hulk will sense the puddle. And then what. He'll start trying to beat up some water? Yeah, that'll work. Hulk will sense thehand is attached to him (which once it is it starts de-mutating him back into Banner), and then what? Hulk smash? He'll start punching it? Yeah, that'll work.

Tony Stark
Its not its just they needed to get fish boy more showtime so they had to give him a water hand so he can be outta the water now and boost his TP and etc etc etc

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/8161/spiderspeed6uy.jpg

http://img137.exs.cx/img137/8595/mysticsense5ho.jpg

clap

HULK dunks AM's head in a bowl of tartar sauce and has a quick bite to eat... and uses the hand as a waterpick to clean his teeth.

HULK 11/10

soleran30
Has that hand ever demutate someone he isn't actually touching..............I am thinking probably not since it does take concentrion from AM.

Then again one of these will certainly lift up AM and give Hulk time to smoosh him. That hand weighs what 1lb so its blown so far away from hulk its a nonissue.
http://img226.echo.cx/img226/3624/shockwavethunderclap078zz.jpg

Sixth_Winged
Because he's connected to all marine life, it means he can control all marine life. It also gives him a greater affect on the marine parts of the brain in tother beings that've evolved from marine life. Humans, martians etc.

And i just remembered the Clear being used recently. Though it's not said to be the actual clear. It's the same ability.
1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9778/aquamanv618169gq.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3986/aquamanv618176zw.jpg
3. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1831/aquamanv618188ar.jpg

Uhmmm.....ok. Isn't that basically fish tp(in fact, i already stated the part about the *edited* basal ganglia, which aquaman claimed a primitive part of a brain more susceptible to his control). Anything offensive it can do?

King_Mungi
Has that hand ever demutate someone he isn't actually touching..............I am thinking probably not since it does take concentrion from AM.

1. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7198/aquamanwaterhandabilities030nz.jpg
2. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3569/aquamanwaterhandabilities046yc.jpg

He can manipulate the hand without it being in contact with him.

Lucid Lui
Uhmmm.....ok. Isn't that basically fish tp(in fact, i already stated the part about the medula oblongata, which aquaman claimed a primitive part of a brain more susceptible to his control). Anything offensive it can do? You mean like this...

1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2841/go2017tn.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7430/go2028cn.jpg

soleran30
1. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7198/aquamanwaterhandabilities030nz.jpg
2. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3569/aquamanwaterhandabilities046yc.jpg

He can manipulate the hand without it being in contact with him.

No I realize that however more specifically I wanted to know if he has demutated anyone while controlling the hand remotely............

and it wouldn't matter anyhowssmile One thunderclap and if that hand isn't attached to AM its gonna be flying miles away from AM.

King_Mungi
No I realize that however more specifically I wanted to know if he has demutated anyone while controlling the hand remotely............

From what I recall...no, does that mean he can't? far from it.

Sixth_Winged
You mean like this...

1. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2841/go2017tn.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7430/go2028cn.jpg

ok, i already stated that a while ago knowledge(though i was wrong about that brain part being the medula) of his showings with the white martian, anything else?

Lucid Lui
He can manipulate the hand without it being in contact with him. And he was manipulating it while his mind was at the bottom of the ocean thousand of miles away in the body of a fish that had been eaten and was being digested.

If ever there's a time it'd be hard to concentrate, that'd be it.

Lucid Lui
ok, i already stated that a while ago knowledge(though i was wrong about that brain part being the medula) of his showings with the white martian, anything else? Offensive wise, that the only showing i recall. There are many other showings of him probing humans mind, claming them, creating mind blocks.

Whit Martians are TP users on the level of the Martian Manhunter, yet Aquaman still affected him because his TP works in a different way.

Hulk has resisted conventional telepathy. Has her ever gone up against TP that works solely through the parts of the brain inherited by marine ancestors?

soleran30
From what I recall...no, does that mean he can't? far from it.

just means more work for AM...........anyway one thunderclap and its a moot point anyway the hand is gone if its unattached.

How many people in Marvel have TP that works that way? No but he has resisted the some of the greatest TP folks in Marvel and I would put them a step above AM regardless of the mechanism AM's TP works.

AM just doesn't have what it takes to put Hulk down consistently............however Hulk can throw down on AM all day long.

Lucid Lui
How many people in Marvel have TP that works that way? No but he has resisted the some of the greatest TP folks in Marvel and I would put them a step above AM regardless of the mechanism AM's TP works. So you have nothing in terms of Hulk resisting telepathy that works the way Aquaman does.

I have Aquaman affecting a TP user on the level of Martian Manhunter who would no doubt have TP blocks up to stop TP attack, yet Aquaman still takes him out like nothing.

Obviously we have nothing conclusive about whether or not Aquaman's TP would affect him or not. But based on what we do have, Aquaman is mkjore likely to be able to induce a seizure on Hulk than not. IMO

Sixth_Winged
Offensive wise, that the only showing i recall. There are many other showings of him probing humans mind, claming them, creating mind blocks.

Whit Martians are TP users on the level of the Martian Manhunter, yet Aquaman still affected him because his TP works in a different way.

Hulk has resisted conventional telepathy. Has her ever gone up against TP that works solely through the parts of the brain inherited by marine ancestors?

There was a control helm once that targeted parts of his brain. He has also shrugged most tp attacks even magical.

soleran30
so what if he does it wouldn't last but a second hulks healing is MUCH stronger and faster and better then AM's TP. Great let AM try to put him in a seizure that would last a second while AM uses up his energy HULK would own his amphibious asssmile

Lucid Lui
So what, you don't think a seizure is going to give Aquaman enough time to turn Hulk back to Banner? How bout two? Or three?

Anyway, obviously you've got your opinion and i've got mine. And this debate isn't going anywhere anymore.

IMO, Aquaman wins 6/10. And i'm out (unless something new comes up).

soleran30
Later..............passing out doesn't turn hulk into banner all the time eithersmile And its it up int air whether or not any of AM's TP tricks would do much to him cuz of that and after readin much of this even with the magic hand hulk 8/10................

Warmonger
So lets see Aquamna's advantages are some rather suspect pseudo telepathy and some undeveloped powers of "demutation"?

While Hullk has amazing damage resitence insane Healing, surprising speed, and Strength that keeps escalating exponentially.

Yeah Hulk 9/10

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Warmonger
So lets see Aquamna's advantages are some rather suspect pseudo telepathy and some undeveloped powers of "demutation"?

While Hullk has amazing damage resitence insane Healing, surprising speed, and Strength that keeps escalating exponentially.

Yeah Hulk 9/10

Way to put it in perspective.

thumb up

marvelprince
Um, I know all the Hulk fans here feel that Hulk would win cause he stronger, has healing, etc But I haven't seen a credible reason why devoling the Hulk wouldn't work. Sure, Hulk can thunderclap him, won't do much. I doubt the thunderclap is stronger than a pissed off WW, even if it did Orin can just heal himself with his hand. All he really has to do is turn his hand into water vapour, send it over to Hulk and then its hello Banner

Warmonger
Originally posted by marvelprince
Um, I know all the Hulk fans here feel that Hulk would win cause he stronger, has healing, etc But I haven't seen a credible reason why devoling the Hulk wouldn't work. Sure, Hulk can thunderclap him, won't do much. I doubt the thunderclap is stronger than a pissed off WW, even if it did Orin can just heal himself with his hand. All he really has to do is turn his hand into water vapour, send it over to Hulk and then its hello Banner

I fail to see why it would work. IT seems to be a one shot thing.

Also the Hulk has repeadetly shown resistence to several alteration effects from disintigration to being turned to stone. Also considering that the Hulk is acutally just a facet of Banner there is no reason to be belive that it would work at all.

But there is the possibility that it could. That is why I said 9/10 instead of 10/10.

bigboygreen
Hulk drinks him.

Dayscribe
Originally posted by bigboygreen
Hulk drinks him.

He's not made out of water.

Magic Hand for the win

grey fox
Hand of Jobbing brings it Home for the King of Atlantis.....

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by grey fox
Hand of Jobbing brings it Home for the King of Atlantis..... See, i don't understand why people have called it the "jobbing hand".

If someone can name ONE person who has jobbed to Aquaman because of the hand, the you get a prize.

Madvillain
magic hand

Aqua-pimp
Aquaman wins 7/10
cool

guy222
Originally posted by Madvillain
who wins?

Hulk ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.