Nightwing(Dick Grayson) vs Red Hood(Jason Todd)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
Who'd win in a fight?

(gadgets and prep time allowed)

The Ion
Nightwing especially with prep. Jason isn't much quite frankly. Only reason he's still around is because Batman has been playing with the kid's gloves. Not anymore though.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5118/scan00196rt.th.jpg http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4780/scan00208jd.th.jpg

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
Nightwing especially with prep. Jason isn't much quite frankly. Only reason he's still around is because Batman has been playing with the kid's gloves. Not anymore though.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5118/scan00196rt.th.jpg http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4780/scan00208jd.th.jpg Yep, and now the guy whos' been doing Vigilante will take over as Batman's writer.
The past year has been a great story for Batman.
Then again, they usually all are, given he gets prioty with writers/artists often enough, given his sales.

klwiggs
Jason Todd is a hot head and impuslive, that's what got him killed in the first place. While Jason is still struggling to come to terms with Batman and his supposed death, Dick has become his own man and moved past being in Batman's shadow. Dick takes this as he has more experience and fighting ability.

Wally West
Dick would destroy him, in fact I hope we see it happen in OYL.

King_Mungi
Batman slicing his throat open? that's a little dark..even for him.

The Ion
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Batman slicing his throat open? that's a little dark..even for him.
Well he was pretty torn up about it later. laughing out loud

Pepito
Nightwing is too skilled and brutal. He wins.

King_Mungi
Well he was pretty torn up about it later. laughing out loud

What did he send him a "get well card"?

The Ion
Originally posted by King_Mungi
What did he send him a "get well card"?
Nah, he just crumbled to his knees and let out a big yell. Considering he arrived in Bludhaven to lecture Dick soon after, it had to make him feel better about it. laughing out loud

olympian
"Batman slicing his throat open? that's a little dark..even for him."

It was a shoulder wound. After that the whole building exploded with the three inside. Hardly a *fight* However Jason isent in Batmans league. Hes below. And so its Nightwing.

Jason as Red Hood, for me has been impressive and looked better against Bats the two times he faced him. First in Hush (yes the first round it was him, its cannon) and the second in this whole storyline. Nightwing the time he went against Bats, got served.

In OYL things might change since theres the rumor, Nights might take Bats place.

The Ion
Except Batman has never gone all out against Jason. When he did Jason got served by a batarang. I'd like to see Todd go toe to toe with Slade like Dick did in Nightwing #117.

olympian
And Batman played around with Nightwing once, and when he got tired, he served him.

Jason as of now has two figths, with Bruce. One without prep, and another with. With prep he had the edge. Without he held its own.

How many times Nightwing looked impressive against him?

The Ion
Todd has never been impressive against Bruce. The whole point of the Red Hood storyline is that Bruce hasn't had his head in the game. Black Mask even called him on it. When Bruce got serious, all it took was a batarang.

Judging by how Dick faired against Slade last issue, I'd say he do better against Bruce than Todd ever would. Todd didn't even take out Drake that easily.

olympian
Your forgetting the Hush fight.

And sorry, it doesnt play. The first time he went against Red Hood, he didnt even knew who he was. He was hurt and turn up in the end. It was impressive.

That statement its true due to the question that the story brought of "why hasent Bruce taken Jason yet"

Because he was holding back. Thats something else.

Two impressive showings against none. About how that last one plays, well wait to the next issue.

King_Mungi
I thought DC executives said that was Clayface and not Todd, I'm probally wrong.

Wally West
Bruce trained Dick a lot longer than he trained Jason, it makes sense he would know how he works and how to combat him better. That said Dick is constantly improving, Deathstroke could barely get a hit in on him in the last issue of Nightwing.

The Ion
Originally posted by olympian
Your forgetting the Hush fight.

And sorry, it doesnt play. The first time he went against Red Hood, he didnt even knew who he was. He was hurt and turn up in the end. It was impressive.

That statement its true due to the question that the story brought of "why hasent Bruce taken Jason yet"

Because he was holding back. Thats something else.

Two impressive showings against none. About how that last one plays, well wait to the next issue.
I haven't forgotten Hush and that wasn't impressive either considering Todd had to use GUNS to get an advantage on Bruce, a guy he had been setting up the entire time with help from The Riddler. Still, Batman was waxing him before he brought those out even though he landed some hits.

As for the last one, whats there to wait for? He got owned by a batarang at point blank range. There's nothing to wait for.

dman2008
Originally posted by Juntai
Yep, and now the guy whos' been doing Vigilante will take over as Batman's writer.
The past year has been a great story for Batman.
Then again, they usually all are, given he gets prioty with writers/artists often enough, given his sales.

Nope the gu who is writeing vigillantee ( Bruce Jones) is going to be writing Nightwing not Batman.

James Robison is going to write to the first arc of Batman of OYL, followed by Grant Morrison.

Mider
whats OYL?

The Ion
One Year Later

All DC books starting this week take place one year after their previous issue.

Juntai
Originally posted by dman2008
Nope the gu who is writeing vigillantee ( Bruce Jones) is going to be writing Nightwing not Batman.

James Robison is going to write to the first arc of Batman of OYL, followed by Grant Morrison. Right right, my bad, got em confused. I collect all of those titles. big grin

Dark-Kenshin
One year later? For what? Is there really any logic behind this?

The Ion
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
One year later? For what? Is there really any logic behind this?
It spins out of some big event in Infinite Crisis #5. The logic is allowing creative teams to no longer have to write Crisis tie ins month after month and to give readers something besides said tie ins.

klwiggs
Plus OYL will also has a bunch of year long mysteries that will be answered in "52" every week.

olympian
"I haven't forgotten Hush and that wasn't impressive either considering Todd had to use GUNS to get an advantage on Bruce, a guy he had been setting up the entire time with help from The Riddler. Still, Batman was waxing him before he brought those out even though he landed some hits."

Batman # 618. -No- gun was used. Batman got the last two hits. Jason hit him until then.

It was Jason Todd until he jumped to the church, where he switched with Clayface.

Jason as Robin and starting out, already managed to get hits on Nightwing in the recent Nightwing year one # 105. Jason`s record its good. Unlike someone.

Now, if your copy claims he used guns on Batman, please show us. Seems to me your mistaking Jason for Tommy. That showed up in the next issue btw, using guns and killing Arnold.

- - -

"As for the last one, whats there to wait for? He got owned by a batarang at point blank range. There's nothing to wait for."

Ill wait for the next issue to come up, then ill give my comment. If hes still down or death, or knocked out then Batman beat him silly yes.

As much he beat Nigthwings before. Of course against Dick, he didnt needed to resort to a weapon, just his fists shifty

The Ion
He's unconscious bleeding from the neck and you think he's gonna spring back up from that? He's human, not Superman.

Dick would have never been caught by a batarang in first place since I've seen the kid dodge bullets at close range. Not to mention banking batarangs off walls is a pretty old school trick.

olympian
You dont know. Do you? Jason record as of now its just better.

Especially since in the fight before those scans posted he also dodged two batarangs at close range in the brief fight he had with Bats.

The Ion
laughing out loud I'm not saying he's dead. I'm just saying he isn't going to get up and start boxing. Irrelevant anyway since 651 won't pick up from there.

Juntai
laughing out loud I'm not saying he's dead. I'm just saying he isn't going to get up and start boxing. Irrelevant anyway since 651 won't pick up from there.
Annual looks like it might cap it off.

olympian
"I'm not saying he's dea"

Neither am i.

"I'm just saying he isn't going to get up and start boxing"

And thats what you dont know. You can even be right, but before i see it, i dont make comments. I usually do that before actually checking the sequences.

And Annual seems the one following.

Juntai
Batman owns them both though.
big grin
lol.

Seriously though, Dick is really coming along as an awesome hero.

The Ion
Annual isn't following. Just a one shot to my knowledge.

WrathfulDwarf
Batman threw that batarang pretty hard. Must have been VERY painful for Todd since he got struck in the artery. Can't wait to see what will happen in Batman Annual #25.

As for this classic match...it goes to Grayson. However, I would personally would like Todd to win. Not because of sympathy...but because it would elevate him to a higher level of a villain.

DarkCrawler
I'm making a gigantic Nightwing Respect thread.

People really don't know his capablities that well.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Batman threw that batarang pretty hard. Must have been VERY painful for Todd since he got struck in the artery. Can't wait to see what will happen in Batman Annual #25.

As for this classic match...it goes to Grayson. However, I would personally would like Todd to win. Not because of sympathy...but because it would elevate him to a higher level of a villain.
Yeah, I'd just hate for the writers to kill him off. He makes such a good villain.

The Ion
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I'm making a gigantic Nightwing Respect thread.

People really don't know his capablities that well.
Thanks. I was working on one but it would have taken me awhile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.