Green Lantern Or Spiderman ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
SO IF SOME DEVINE FORCE TOLD YOU YOU COULD HAVE EITHER SPIDERMANS POWERS OR GREENLANTERNS RING WITH AN INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL WHO WOULD YOU PICK....AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THOSE POWERS,HELP OTHERS,CRIME,ETC.ETC.

Darth Kal-El
Green lantern

The Ion
Spider powers or a ring that does anything I can imagine?

Hmmmm....

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, Green Lantern for me. I'd probably explore a lot. Fly into deep space or into the depts of the ocean and stuff. I'd probably help fight crime but I wouldn't go looking for it like Superman or something.

soleran30
Oh yeah GL me...................with these powers I would turn everyone into hippies and make them all grow their own food and be vegans!

ExtraMision5555
i guess gl

but spideys powerse are pertty tempting

Marcus4600
Spider-powers, or a decoder ring. I'll take Spider powers, mostly because web-slinging is more appealing to me than flying around. Also, I wouldn't have to recharge my powers with a lantern.

Sixth_Winged
Spider-man's power. I know GL's power is vastly greater and even more ludicrous compared in versatility, but i'm not the type that want my powers relying on a ring or any object for that matter. pete's powerset is probably one of the most well-rounded amonst superheroes without going overboard and the spider-sense comes in real handy when you don't want anyperson touching you.

TheKahn
I'd take the GL ring. Spiderman's powers would be fun, a GL ring would let you take of the world if you wanted to.

marvelprince
Spider-Man's powers. For the same reason I wouldn't want Thor's power cause its mostly dependant on the hammer. This is even worse since you won't have anything if the ring' gone or runs out of juice. Imagine running out of juice in space or somewhere like that. Plus I really love Spider-Man's powers, agility and spider-sense is just too awesome

DigiMark007
Depends. You'd be universally loved if you were Spidey. But you'd have lots more power as a GL. Both of these are high on my list of "Which super hero would I want to be" list.

Marcus4600
Personally, I'd like to be Iron Man or Colossus. There's something about being either virtually indestructible, or flying around with jet-boots that just appeals to me.

JOE NUNEZ
marcus 4600 start that thread ...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
marcus 4600 start that thread ...

Ya know...this could all handily be lumped into "Which super hero would you most like to be" rather than a million "This character or that character" threads.....

Just a thought.

JOE NUNEZ
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JOE NUNEZ
good idea that way we keep the versus forum clear....

The Ion
Originally posted by marvelprince
Spider-Man's powers. For the same reason I wouldn't want Thor's power cause its mostly dependant on the hammer. This is even worse since you won't have anything if the ring' gone or runs out of juice. Imagine running out of juice in space or somewhere like that. Plus I really love Spider-Man's powers, agility and spider-sense is just too awesome
The ring would never run out of charge while you were flying in space.

WrathfulDwarf
Green Lantern...Guardians of different sectors of the universe...travel anywhere their rings take them...etc..etc...

DarkCrawler
GL. I'd be the first man in Mars, etc.

Scoobless
Spider powers.... hmmmm.... you could pick any sport you wanted to compete in (or more than one) and become a world famous millionaire with ludicrous promotion contracts

smile

Draco69
You know...the ring can GIVE you spider-powers if you really want them so bad....and any other power you want.....

Scoobless
But it makes you glow green

still.... you really have to go with GL here

The Ion
Originally posted by Scoobless
Spider powers.... hmmmm.... you could pick any sport you wanted to compete in (or more than one) and become a world famous millionaire with ludicrous promotion contracts

smile
With a GL ring you could just make your own money. stick out tongue

bean_machine
Spiderman, Spiderman!!!

Tha C-Master
I'd pick Spiderman's, he's just more to earth and appealing... having a ring that could do ANYTHING you could imagine would get boring...

spideycarnage
after the month with the ring i think i would also get bord.. i would probally run outa things to do lol.

StyleTime
Everyone is acting like they'd completely master the ring in like two seconds. It would take years to get proficient with it and some people here may not even be able to use it. Green Arrow could only muster a small little arrow before tiring. Who here is even comparable to Green Arrow?

The Green Lanterns are selected. Not just any Joe Schmoe can use the ring effectively. How can you get bored with the power when most of your time will be spent trying to figure out how to actually use it?

It's a tough call on what I'd pick. I'd love the ring but I think Spiderman's powers would be easier to learn. Although I'd love to traverse the depths of space in my free time. Imagine the money you'd save with a ring too. Need an Ipod? Make one. Need a t.v.? Make one. Need a girlfriend? Make one.wink

I'll go with the ring in the end.

Avalonofthewind
No contest here. The GL ring.

Its like choosing between $5 and $10,000 dollars.

cool

Sixth_Winged
I wonder if any of you guys who chose the gl ring can overcame the yellow fear monster. It would suck terribly if one of you got killed by a runaway NY taxi cab laughing

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I wonder if any of you guys who chose the gl ring can overcame the yellow fear monster. It would suck terribly if one of you got killed by a runaway NY taxi cab laughing The ring would regenerate you and bring you back to life. It's happened to Jack T Chance, when Lobo ripped him in pieces. The ring can pull the body back together and heal it.

Hal has also willed himself back to life.

Sixth_Winged
The ring didn't automatically do that. Jack basically had to will his ring ala programming it in the unfortunate event that he would get killed in the fight against Lobo......which he did. it ressurected him a few moment afterwards Lobo has left for him to think Jack was dead and therefore don't have to hunt till completely sure he was dead.

Juntai
The ring didn't automatically do that. Jack basically had to will his ring ala programming it in the unfortunate event that he would get killed in the fight......which he did. lol, you read Lobo too?

Sixth_Winged
Yep smile. anyone who messes with the space dolphins would get fragged like that bastitch that they are.

Juntai
Yep smile. anyone who messes with the space dolphins would get fragged like that bastitch that they are. Did you see when he found one in his freezer, ala Major Force?
I about died laughing when I saw it.

Rewmac
Green Lantern's ring for sure. It more fun to fly than swing. And I can do anything I want. If I want to pick up an airplane than I could do it...While I'm watching TV, I'd make a green copy of myself and make him get hamburger and coke for me big grinbig grin Also get in da club, I'd be all mighty big grinbig grin

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
Did you see when he found one in his freezer, ala Major Force?
I about died laughing when I saw it.

surprise whoah, what issue is that?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
GL. I'd be the first man in Mars, etc.
Not if I beat you there.

Originally posted by StyleTime
Everyone is acting like they'd completely master the ring in like two seconds. It would take years to get proficient with it and some people here may not even be able to use it. Green Arrow could only muster a small little arrow before tiring. Who here is even comparable to Green Arrow?
Green Arrow didn't get a magical GL instruction booklet though.

DigiMark007
Everyone also assumes they'd be fine with the ring...even though many of us probably wouldn't be.

Unless you're a Spidey fanboy the choice is clear. I'd probably have to go with the ring too, so if that's my choice, not a whole lot would end up as Spidey. But both would obviously be cool as hell.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Green Arrow didn't get a magical GL instruction booklet though.
He shouldn't have bought his ring used. Noone ever brings the booklet back.

Pepito
Spiderman's powers - no oa battery in reality

soleran30
lol yeah but also modern physics would be your enemy with spiderman's powerssmile

spetznaz
Originally posted by Pepito
Spiderman's powers - no oa battery in reality

And when was the last time you saw a bloke with the relative powers of a spider, heh?
Or the last time some fella got bitten by a, erm, radioactive spider, and suddenly started climbing up walls and hanging from ceilings?

ps: Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were only movies .....that wasn't a real spiderman swinging with abundant glee upon wee tendrils of spider's thread.

Pepito
HA, so amusing. The idea is that the powers will work with the rules of the dc/marvel universe, the powers are possible but there is no oan battery. It's not the nature of the powers it's that you have to recharge the ring with something non-existent which doesn't come with the ring

DarkCrawler
Kyle has a ring that doesn't need charging, I believe.

spetznaz
HA, so amusing. The idea is that the powers will work with the rules of the dc/marvel universe, the powers are possible but there is no oan battery. It's not the nature of the powers it's that you have to recharge the ring with something non-existent which doesn't come with the ring

Goodness!

So, the reason GL's ring would not be the top choice, according to you, is because one couldn't recharge the ring because the Oan battery is nonexistent.

Hmmm .....interesting.
What you have here is a logical bomb.

You claim that the reason the GL ring is mired is because the Oa battery doesn't exist.

Yet somehow a ring that bequeths great power to its wielder, as well as having the powers of a spider, are somehow existent.

Please.

And anyways, this were the original poster's directions: SO IF SOME DEVINE FORCE TOLD YOU YOU COULD HAVE EITHER SPIDERMANS POWERS OR GREENLANTERNS RING WITH AN INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL WHO WOULD YOU PICK....AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THOSE POWERS,HELP OTHERS,CRIME,ETC.ETC.

Nowhere did it say that there was no Oa battery.
And anyways, for the ring to be working to start with it would have had to have been CHARGED by something!
Unless it spontaneously generated energy for itself.

jrodslam
Id take the ring. I dont think its as hard to use as some people make it out to be. Sure Ollie struggled with the arrow, but he was pumped up with about 4 arrows and had his ribs broken as well. erm Les not forget that the ring works off willpower and focus. Im sure having 4 arrows in you and broken ribs takes away from your focus. Making constructs doesnt/wouldnt take long to get used to imo.

I think the only hard part about using the ring, is the flying and carrying big objects. Either way, once you get the hang of it, things become pretty easy. You just have to practice with it like you would do any other power.

Superherovandal
yeah u could give urself spidey powers permanently by matter manipulation.

jrodslam
Hmmm. Shoot webs or shoot beams? Climb walls or fly? enhanced durability or near indestructable? This aint brain surgery.

The Ion
The ring wouldn't be hard to use. Hell, not like you'll be fighting Sinestro or something. You won't be needing Hal Jordan's skills in the real world. laughing out loud

Besides, unless you live in a city with plenty of tall buildings, you'll have trouble web slinging.

Pepito
Originally posted by spetznaz
Goodness!

So, the reason GL's ring would not be the top choice, according to you, is because one couldn't recharge the ring because the Oan battery is nonexistent.

Hmmm .....interesting.
What you have here is a logical bomb.

You claim that the reason the GL ring is mired is because the Oa battery doesn't exist.

Yet somehow a ring that bequeths great power to its wielder, as well as having the powers of a spider, are somehow existent.

Please.

And anyways, this were the original poster's directions: SO IF SOME DEVINE FORCE TOLD YOU YOU COULD HAVE EITHER SPIDERMANS POWERS OR GREENLANTERNS RING WITH AN INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL WHO WOULD YOU PICK....AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THOSE POWERS,HELP OTHERS,CRIME,ETC.ETC.

Nowhere did it say that there was no Oa battery.
And anyways, for the ring to be working to start with it would have had to have been CHARGED by something!
Unless it spontaneously generated energy for itself.

The ring presumably enters the world uncharged - he didn't state taht it was powered up.

JOE NUNEZ
none of you guys are stating what you would do with the powers.

jrodslam
With the ring, i could pretty much do whatever i wanted. Really.

The Ion
I'd blow up stuff real good.

JOE NUNEZ
i was thinking that with spidys powers i could become the most famous basketball player,and make mega millions.

Juntai
i was thinking that with spidys powers i could become the most famous basketball player,and make mega millions. With a GL ring you could do much more.

Juntai
With a GL ring you could do much more. How about flying to the edge of space, for example?

spetznaz
The ring presumably enters the world uncharged - he didn't state taht it was powered up.

He also did NOT state that it was NOT powered up.
You are reading inferences that do not exist.

Another logical fallacy.
Goodness (Marvel FBs!!).

StyleTime
none of you guys are stating what you would do with the powers.
I'd travel around the universe. Imagine the knowledge that exists out in the depths of the cosmos. I'd want to learn the answers to everything. You could really scrutinize all of creation while unshackled from the constraints of physics.

Blowing up planets and stuff along the way is cool too.

spetznaz
With a GL ring you could do much more.

True. 100% agree.

One may be able to make millions with SM's powers (eg through athletics), but with a GL ring the sky is the limit.

For instance imagine how much corporations (say a oil conglomerate) would pay to have a GL protect an offshore oil rig in the event of a hurricane?

Or imagine how much the nations that have satellites (primarily the US, Russia, China, India, Japan, and a smattering of European nations) would pay for 100% guaranteed safe orbital payload services?

Imagine the price a GL could charge to, say the state of california, to take care of a huge forest fire?
Or to tackle earthquake relief in Asia?
Or to take carry a NASA mission to Mars ......and all the other planets on our solar system ....and then beyond!

Goodness, in ONE YEAR the GL would have made more money than a 'Spiderman Athlete' could in TWO LIFETIMES.
Thus, when it comes to the money angle, GL has spiderman licked .....and licked good.

The GL ring basically trumps Spiderman's powers in every single way imaginable.

The Ion
Originally posted by spetznaz
True. 100% agree.

One may be able to make millions with SM's powers (eg through athletics), but with a GL ring the sky is the limit.

For instance imagine how much corporations (say a oil conglomerate) would pay to have a GL protect an offshore oil rig in the event of a hurricane?

Or imagine how much the nations that have satellites (primarily the US, Russia, China, India, Japan, and a smattering of European nations) would pay for 100% guaranteed safe orbital payload services?

Imagine the price a GL could charge to, say the state of california, to take care of a huge forest fire?
Or to tackle earthquake relief in Asia?
Or to take carry a NASA mission to Mars ......and all the other planets on our solar system ....and then beyond!

Goodness, in ONE YEAR the GL would have made more money than a 'Spiderman Athlete' could in TWO LIFETIMES.
Thus, when it comes to the money angle, GL has spiderman licked .....and licked good.

The GL ring basically trumps Spiderman's powers in every single way imaginable.
Plus the blowing stuff up part.

spetznaz
Originally posted by The Ion
Plus the blowing stuff up part.

Yep....nothing like blowing off stress by blasting the asteroid belt to smithereens!

JOE NUNEZ
KNOWING the mysteries of the universe couldn't be such a bad thing.

Swanky-Tuna
Who needs money when you have a Lantern ring? You can just friggen take it.
Originally posted by StyleTime
He shouldn't have bought his ring used. Noone ever brings the booklet back.
Hahahaha

brainchild81
GL. I'd be able to do whatever I wanted. If this was a who's cooler contest, Spidey'd win easily. It's not. GL ring is god-like power. Although not having to worry about running out of power @ a bad time'd be cool. Also, if somebody took the ring I'd be powerless.

Tha C-Master
If I had what it took to be a top-notch GL, then I'd definitely go for that... if that was in the original directions... I figured you'd have to train... After all of that training you'd be too humble to want to take over ANYTHING...

I guess I'd find it boring... how many times has Thanos had god-like power and got bored with it?

Another issue is whether I'd have to BE a GL, because I wouldn't want to do that either... I think I'd just soar the city... doing what I liked... yes

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
If I had what it took to be a top-notch GL, then I'd definitely go for that... if that was in the original directions... I figured you'd have to train... After all of that training you'd be too humble to want to take over ANYTHING...
Sinestro?

It's all about the exploration!

soleran30
Haha plus with the GL ring as someone said you could give yourself spiderman like powers...............hell I bet you could even change yourself and alter DNA to make yourself like that all the time plus have the ringsmile

Tha C-Master
Well my whole point boils down to- are we living the life of these characters or just having their powers?

Then again, I could use my ring to get my coursework done, and who could hate that?

Juntai
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well my whole point boils down to- are we living the life of these characters or just having their powers?

Then again, I could use my ring to get my coursework done, and who could hate that? Hey, haven't seen you around much in aw hile.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Sinestro?

It's all about the exploration!

True.
I am also not getting the getting bored with a GL's power angle. Wouldn't Spiderman's powers also get pretty boring ....after all, if one can get fed up with the sheer diversity of GL power imagine how much quicker then with the relative powers of a spider.

And anyways, it seems like someone saying the following: " If given a choice between a 2005 Enzo Ferrari and a 1988 Yugo, I would chose the Yugo because I may get bored zipping around with the Ferrari."

Makes very little sense, since if one can get fed up with GL powers (that are not only immense but also greatly diversified) they would surely be fed up with slinging from buildings, walking up walls and jumping about spider-style (all of which a GL ring could also provide by the way).

Lord-of-Dreams
I say GL. For so many reasons... like... he's just too versitile. He could form a large box around spidey, then crush him. big grin

jrodslam
Originally posted by brainchild81
Also, if somebody took the ring I'd be powerless.

After being with the ring for a while and knowing its properties, youd be able to control it from a distance. Hal and Guy have done it.

Tha C-Master
Hey, haven't seen you around much in aw hile. Been busy at other websites, blah blah.

Hello all... I miss the old days. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.