Thanos w/ Starband vs. White Phoenix of the Crown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Thanos w/Starbrand

vs.

White Phoenix of the Crown

GODSCRIBE
Here's some info on the Starbrand if you dont know about it
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/starbd.htm

Erishkigal threatened the entire multiverse with it. Something that even went up against the almighty LT.

Mider
were is galactic storm in this place

GODSCRIBE
HAHA

Id like to hear this one.

GODSCRIBE

GODSCRIBE
bump...

Jesse7
Starbrand looks interesting

Mider
its suppose to be like the IG but for the multiverse.

LordKaos
Doesn't Thanos already possess the powers the Starbrand grants? What would having it actually do for him?

Mider
since when does thanos possess that level of power?

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by LordKaos
Doesn't Thanos already possess the powers the Starbrand grants? What would having it actually do for him?

he doesnt have an iota of the power the starbrand grants. but with his intellect and the starbrand he should beat a White Phoenix of the Crown and possibly stalemate Living Tribunal.

leonidas
lt feared the starbrand and the damage he and erigal would cause if they fought and he had to take it from her. starbrand is at least on lt's level. as gs will say, lt has 'proven' to be at least subservient to the force. depends on how you rank lt and pf.

GalacticStorm
Ok i'll post Godscribe i ignored your attempts to get my attention yesterday but something Leo said made me change my mind wink

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5808485528.jpg&s=x402

The StarBrand is potentially on a par with the higher abstract forces such as Order, Chaos and Eternity but definitely below the Living Tribunal in power. As such the StarBrand is also below such items as the IG , which even LT doubted his own power against and most certainly below the White Crown Phoenix. The reason it got so much attention was because it is a power unaccounted for in the closed system of our multiverse, not because of its sheer power. Good try tho. Maybe "Annihilation" will give you something to take down Phoenixsmile

leonidas
ahh, good scan gs. i remembered the confrontation incorrectly. i'd thought lt proposed the battle between ss and quasar because he wasn't sure he could defeat erishkigal.

if we can take lt at his word, it does appear the brand would be below lt. i never did see the scan where you say lt was in doubt as to whether or not he could defeat the IG. was that when he faced adam? did he actually SAY 'i don't know if i can defeat you?' or was it inferred? i remember the scene, but not the exact details of their conversation.

and i wonder what 'powers' he was going to enlist . . ..?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
ahh, good scan gs. i remembered the confrontation incorrectly. i'd thought lt proposed the battle between ss and quasar because he wasn't sure he could defeat erishkigal.

if we can take lt at his word, it does appear the brand would be below lt. i never did see the scan where you say lt was in doubt as to whether or not he could defeat the IG. was that when he faced adam? did he actually SAY 'i don't know if i can defeat you?' or was it inferred? i remember the scene, but not the exact details of their conversation.

and i wonder what 'powers' he was going to enlist . . ..?

If we were to take his word then the StarBrand would be below LT and on par with the abstracts. LTs opinion is supported on panel by a lack of highly impressive feats for the StarBrand. Certainly nothing beyond Galactus for example.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/580930099.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5809424373.jpg&s=x402

LT was weighing up the evidence presented towards him and Adam cut LT off mid sentence and finished off his sentence for him. They both then glared at each other. So it was strongly inferred by that and the fact that LT agreed that Adam had to submit to his judgement for it actually take place, it wasnt something he could bring about without the need for a reality destroying confrontation.

LT has never been shown through statement or output of power to be greater than the IG.

GalacticStorm
He could probably mean enlisting the other abstracts and the heroes of Marvel, just like he did against HOTU.

Jesse7
After seeing those scans, my interest in Adam has increased. His courage to stand up to LT and everyone else I find interesting, appealing in a way.

leonidas
courage? he had the greatest power anyone could wield and he felt confident even lt couldn't beat him. he was brash, overconfident and very much aloof to the feelings of everyone around him.

that's cool that you like adam -- lots of people do -- i think he USED to be a GREAT and interesting character, but like so many upgraded marvel characters (thanosthanosthanos) he now sucks rotten eggs. sad

Pepito
Starbrand Thanos - Thanos avatar of death, Phoenix=life

GODSCRIBE
Well said Pep.

oblivionlord
You also forgot to mention the extra part from that same comicbook when LT prevented Adam from using his powers. LT then said that he represented powers from High. Furthermore, in the Infinity war, LT permenantly stopped the power of the infinity gems to function as 1. I do believe that they were still able to function independently.

The infinity gems where only created after the cosmic suicide of a being who dwelled in the Multiverse. The fabrication of the Universe was the cause of this beings suicide and the essence of this being are the Infinity Gems. Kind of like how the Beyonder was brought out to be before they nillfed him in Secret Wars 3 saying he was just 5 parts of a cosmic cube. The beyonder at first was from a group of beings that dwelled in the Multiverse called The Beyonders.

Mephisto spoke of this origon in a Silver Surfer comic while speaking to Thanos. However, the authenticity of Mephisto's claim of the creation of the universe is hairy since he does lie alot but, if you don't want to believe his story then it turns out to be which character whos origions comes from which comicbook writer do you want to believe? There have been many inconsistacies with Marvel just for that fact alone. Therefore exactly what is the truth? Any character can suddenly be "the most powerfull" all depending on who writes the story. Wolverine's regeneration ability functions only soo fast. It wasn't till the AOA that Apocalypse accelerated his ability to be virtually immune to any physical attack. You can suddenly give anyone a special ability they never had but, say that it lyed dormant till the right time just like the Uni-Force which is supposed to pop up when the universe is in a time of crises. It never saw the light of day when Thanos had the IG or anytime afterwards.

You can't say that Adam showed brave courage because any insecure human off the street can suddenly present courage instantly that you wouldn't normally see from this person but, only when in possesion of something that would allow them to feel most secure in whatever manner it is without any consequences.

I would like to know what happens between the girl and LT in that quasar comic since LT stated a challenge. If anyone could scan that then that would be cool.

If you want to know someone that can twart the efforts of the LT then look at Korvac. In the reality of Marvel he commited suicide but, in Whatif #32 he didnt. He went on living his life conquiring the cosmos and literaly prevented LT from touching him. LT was shocked and locked that universe from the rest in the multiverse. Korvac relized he was the strongest being in the universe but, not stronger than every single being combined. Korvac eventually destroyed the universe and the multiverse in that parrallel reality is all but, 1 from infinite.

You can even look at the X-Man comic, forgot which one, where they revealed what lied outside of the Multiverse. The Multiverse is a small tiny seed on display in a museum. All the beings that dwell within this area look at it as a display.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.