Darkest Knight: Batman Vs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Scenario:

While on New Genesis battling a horde of demons (released by a failed attempt by Mordru to gestalt with Lucifer), Batman tries to use his boomtube generator to teleport to Apokolips and acquire some firearms from Darkseid (who has taken issue with Mordru's actions and is lending aid to New Genesis). Simultaneously, an errant magic bolt from Mordru passes through Superman's biomatrix and strikes the boomtube as Bruce is attempting to teleport, causing a cascading energy effect and malfunction of the boomtube. Batman winds up teleported to an unknown dimension. He finds himself on the outskirts of a large city on some unspecified inhabited plane. Through his binoculars he observes a humanoid race of seemingly extremely advanced technology, but he has no idea where he. His motherbox will not generate a boomtube for unknown reasons, but Bruce deduces that his Motherbox has somehow disconnected from the DCU and the Source by some kind of dimensional buffer, but the box is still processing the Source's energies and functioning properly.

As Bruce tries to gather his bearings, he notices that all of the lights in the city have gone out as if some kind of bombing raid warning had been sounded. Bruce looks up and sees 3 gigantic cube shaped space craft coming out of warp in orbit above the planet. Batman gets a sickening feeling in his stomach that he's just stumbled into the wrong place at the most wrong time, and he needs to get off of this planet as quickly as possible. The sky is then lit up with energy weapons fire as the planets defense systems cut loose on the ships. Bruce makes his way into the city to try to find some sort of transport off the planet. When he reaches the city, he sees the inhabitants of the planet who look eerily similar to Kryptonians fighting off some race of techno-organic lifeforms.

That's right, the Borg.

Bruce's motherbox has located a military stronghold within the city that has transports available. Bruce makes his way to the installation, but while on the way encounters 3 Borg who have picked up his Motherbox technology with their scanners. He attempts to take them hand to hand, but as he combats them more and more of the teleport to the planets surface and attack him. He eventually is shot with a stun beam and rendered unconcious.

When he awakens he finds himself within a machine having cybernetic enhancements implanted into his body. Bruce is approached by the Borg Queen who gives him his designation:

He is now Dark Knight of Borg.

All of his knowledge, all of his physical and technological uniqueness (including his Motherbox), all of his being, is now Borg.

He has been allowed to keep his individuality within the collective to better serve her purposes, however, he is controlled totally by her. He will be given his own Cube fully armed with Borg armaments and a compliment of 5,000 drones that have been programmed and augmented with the same physical and mental capabilities as Batman and with additional cybernetic enhancements and Borg tech weaponry. Each of these drones is connected to Batman in a collective mind, but can act individually. Through Borg augmentation, Batman and all of his drones posess class 100 strength (don't ask).

The Borg Queen gives Bruce his final command before he is released from his assimilation chamber:

He is to go to DC Earth and assimilate the Justice League, and particularly, Kal El of Krypton.

The Borg Queen then teleports Batman to his ship where he activates his now Borg assimilated Boom Tube Tech and teleports to the DC Dimension and makes his way to Earth.

Can Batman of Borg assimilate or defeat this JLA roster:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Flash
Green Lantern Kyle Rayner
Green Lantern John Sterwart
Green Arrow
Supergirl
Captain Atom
Orion

Discuss.

DarkCrawler
Resistance is futile. The opposing team will be assimilated.

grey fox
Jla win , psychic shut down takes out the drones, supes does what he did to those doomsday clones ,green lantenr flings them into space , this is so mismatched it's unbelivable.

illadelph12
Originally posted by grey fox
Jla win , psychic shut down takes out the drones, supes does what he did to those doomsday clones ,green lantenr flings them into space , this is so mismatched it's unbelivable.

laughing

Ye of little vision.

The Borg assimilated Batman, which means they've gained all of Batman's knowledge of the JLA, as well as his Motherbox, which has knowledge of all New Genesis and Apokolips tech, as well as access to the Source and how to manipulate it's energies.

You basically have 5,000 Class 100 Batmans with Motherboxes, Borg tech (adaptive sheilding, sensors, energy weapons, etc), a psionic link, self teleportation, and a Borg ship which is capable of exceding Warp 10, time travel, regeneration, and a vast array of weaponry.

All at Bruce's command with a thought.

This is not as simple as it seems.

grey fox
Psionic link !

Even better , he shuts batman off and it affects all of them , speedblitz ensues.

ExtraMision5555
dont borg become immune to stuff once they figure out how thier getting hurt? or something? or something? or something? or something? or something? or something?

illadelph12
Psionic link !

Even better , he shuts batman off and it affects all of them , speedblitz ensues.

Uh, you are aware telepathy doesn't work on the Borg, right? They've assimilated telepaths (Vulcans, Betazoids, etc), and their tech and hive mind are more than enough protection.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
dont borg become immune to stuff once they figure out how thier getting hurt? or something? or something? or something? or something? or something? or something?

Something like that.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

grey fox
Originally posted by illadelph12
Uh, you are aware telepathy doesn't work on the Borg, right? They've assimilated telepaths (Vulcans, Betazoids, etc), and their tech and hive mind are more than enough protection.

Aha , batman is an individual with a link . Think of it like multiple man , i take out prime and the rest go down . All shielding fails eventually i have yet to see/hear of a star trek shield that can withstand a star ( and i should know considering my friend a self confessed borg maniac)

Or even better the GL's , They simply send a death wave across the planet , all the borg die . Jla win .

I don't even know how you could 'assimalate' superman considering that the nano-tube things wouldn't get past his bio-electric aura

Pepito
Borg Batman and what a battle! Batman finally not the token nonpowered jla member who tries very hard and is occasionally allowed to save the day.

illadelph12
Aha , batman is an individual with a link . Think of it like multiple man , i take out prime and the rest go down . All shielding fails eventually i have yet to see/hear of a star trek shield that can withstand a star ( and i should know considering my friend a self confessed borg maniac)

Or even better the GL's , They simply send a death wave across the planet , all the borg die . Jla win .

I don't even know how you could 'assimalate' superman considering that the nano-tube things wouldn't get past his bio-electric aura

You're obviously not familiar with the Borg (and haven't fully read the thread description).

By the way, Supes' Bio Aura is a EM based energy field, and Batman knows that, which means the Borg knows that, and Borg scanners are extremely thorough. He's also vulnerable to certain energy signatures which Batman knows, which means...

And as for the GLs, Oan Energy has a distinct signature, so while it may work the first couple of time, eventually.

You get the idea.

I'm not saying the JLA can't win, but it's far from being as simple as you are trying to make it seem.

MrHeavySilence
Batman knows all of their weaknesses, how will they win against Borg? You need more people on the JLA Roster

Dizzle
This is a curbstomp. Batman kills em all, easily.

It's like the Spanish Inquisition: No one would suspect it. The JLA has a collective IQ of about 507. Batman accounts for about 500 of them. Because his plans always work, without fail, and no one seems to ever figure them out beforehand.

Now, I'm assuming that the other JLAers won't really know what he's planning until it's too late, so he can likely take all of them in fairly rapid succession, with one comprehensive fell swoop, after some massive, already-mostly-finished prep time.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

grey fox
??? So suddenly the borg can block willpower ?

Oh and you're psychic protection thing is bunk , the borg look completely past anything spiritualistic and simply beeline for their tech.

illadelph12
??? So suddenly the borg can block willpower ?

Oh and you're psychic protection thing is bunk , the borg look completely past anything spiritualistic and simply beeline for their tech.

They don't just assimilate technology, they assimilate all traits that make a race unique into their whole in the pursuit of perfection:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

They've assimilated Romulans, Vulcans, Humans, and Guynan's race of Imps.

grey fox
4 species , one of them, with slight psychic powers .

Nothing on the level of the martian manhunter .

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Dizzle

It's like the Spanish Inquisition: No one would suspect it. The JLA has a collective IQ of about 507. Batman accounts for about 500 of them.

that made me giggle for a long time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.