Who taught Anakin to......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
.......force grip and throw his lightsabre like a boomerang? Or did he teach himself how to do these things? I have never seen or heard of sdious doing force grip or throwing his lightsabre like a boomerang.

DHme
Whell sidious could have thaught him that, it is Both a Darkside power

Council#13
Boomerangs are supposed to come back to the thrower. Vader's seemed a bit messy

kamikz
The boomerang could be almost the same as just tossing your lightsaber then pull it back into your hand, then just reinfine the technique a little.

Sesse
Yeah. Who taught him to levitate an apple? Who taught him to toss battle droids around?

Obi Wan taught him to use the force. Its up to him what to do with the skill.

steverules
Boomerang is the only thing I could really think to call it, in battle front 2 they call it a sabre throw. But he still threw it like a boomerang so you can see why I said that. But I'm stil unsure about sidious/palps teaching Anakin about the force choke in that amount of time.

Fishy
He didn't... force choking is probably like any other force technique, its just manipulating the air around somebody's throat.. Even Luke could do it, its a very basic technique. Everybody should just be able to do it.

steverules
Then why don't they? Why didn't Anakin use it on Obi-wan?

Fishy
Because Jedi can likely stop the attack and block it. Jedi don't use it because its a Dark Side technique.

steverules
So does this mean that Jedi can do lightning attack. If it's a dark side technique then I'm guessing that they don't teach other Jedi how to do it there fore Luke and possibly a few other Jedi don't know how to do it.

Fishy
I doubt it...

Lightning takes skill and time to learn, and in order to learn something like that you would need to have dark intentions. Choking, to use it.. you would either need to think the end justifies the means, like Dooku did and like Luke did in ROTJ or dark intentions like Vader...

To learn lightning however would just require hatred and the Dark Side.

steverules
Would do. But who taught Vader to do the sabre throw/boomerang?

Sesse
1. Throw the saber.
2. Affect its trajectory with the Force.
3. Pull it back to yourself.

You need 3 skills.

1: Know how to throw it.
2: Know how to move stuff with the force.
3: Some creativity.

xeous
And damn good timing so you dont catch it by the blade or with the blade in your chest.

steverules
Yeah, so who taught him? I don't think he just made it up on the spot and if he did well he did the whole thing very well. Apart from when he had to catch the sabre when it was returning I'm not so sure he caught it or did catch it only not very well.

Fishy
He probably taught it to himself, its just throwing your saber and then using the force to return it to your hand, it can't be that hard to force the hilt in a certain way... Really its just throwing and pulling things with the force, he wouldn't need a teacher for that.

kamikz
Yes, by looking at Vader in ROTJ he didn't have much technique while throwing the saber, he even walks down the stairs without it lol.

steverules
Actually I think he does cause he turns it on when he gets down the stairs and I don't think he bent down to pick it up unless he grabbed by using the force.

sithsniper989
Originally posted by steverules
So does this mean that Jedi can do lightning attack. If it's a dark side technique then I'm guessing that they don't teach other Jedi how to do it there fore Luke and possibly a few other Jedi don't know how to do it.

All Jedi can do any attack. They just need to learn it, and have a need to attack.

No force power is inherantly Good OR Evil, but how it is used is what determines the user's light/dark side. For example, a Jedi and a Sith are confronted by an enemy.

Each of them has an oppertunity to use force push. A Sith would force push the guy over an edge, killing him instantly, or if he survived, throw his lightsaber at him.

The Jedi would (hopefully) Push the target into a box, disarm him, and try to convince him not to fight, or, if he's in a hurry, push him into something hard enough to knock him out.

Again, that's a very broad example, and it depends on the jedi.

steverules
So why did Obi-Wan kill Maul? Why did Anakin kill Dooku while Dooku was unarmed and Anakin was still a jedi?

Fishy
So why did Obi-Wan kill Maul? Why did Anakin kill Dooku while Dooku was unarmed and Anakin was still a jedi?

Maul? Because Maul just killed his master and he was a Sith, Sith deserve to be captured if they can be safely disarmed of if they already are by luck or whatever. However if a Sith fights you, a Jedi is within its rights even within the code of the Jedi Order to strike down the Sith.

and did you even see ROTS? Anakin killed Dooku because of the Dark Side, Because Palpatine made him do it.

steverules
Yeah I did see it but at the time Anakin wasn't on the darkside, plus he saved Obi-Wan even though Palpatine told Anakin to leave Obi-Wan.

Fishy
Yeah I did see it but at the time Anakin wasn't on the darkside, plus he saved Obi-Wan even though Palpatine told Anakin to leave Obi-Wan.

No, he wasn't on the Dark Side completely but he was turning slightly and Palpatine means a lot to him, he thought it was the best thing to do. On Obi Wan, he loved Obi Wan, Obi Wan was like a father to him, if there was just a chance to save him he had to take it... Palps of course would have liked it if Obi Wan would have died, would have ended the live of one of the greatest reasons for Anakin to stay on the light side.

steverules
Even after Anakin killed Dooku he admitted it was wrong afterwards, 'It's not the jedi way,' and yet he stil turned. I think that if his mother hadn't died this wouldn't have happened. But if Palps means so much to Vader why did he kill Palps in the end? If he loved Obi-Wan so much why did he kill him?

ArthasKnight
Anakin cared about Palpatine until he realized he was a Sith Lord. He stopped caring about him at that point but realized that he needed Palpatine to save Padme. He'd realized Palpatine was evil but he was necessary to Anakin.

In ROTJ, he knew he couldn't allow Palpatine to live because he was evil. He returned to the light side and killed him.

steverules
What!?! He was evil in the first place if he was a sith lord so why didn't he help Padme and then kill Palps. Or kill Palps after finding out Padme had died. Palps said he could help Anakin save Padme and failed to do so.

Fishy

steverules
Yes he was, thats why he was able to kill palps in ROTJ.

Who's that in your sig, I can tell vader and the storm trooper but I'm not sure who the other one is.

Captain REX
Anyways, whoever said that powers aren't inherently evil...look at Sith Lightning. It's designed for torture and painful execution, and is triggered by focusing extreme hatred and so on.

Fishy
Yes he was, thats why he was able to kill palps in ROTJ.

Who's that in your sig, I can tell vader and the storm trooper but I'm not sure who the other one is.

No he killed Palps in ROTJ because he had no other choice, he wanted his son to live. He died as a result of it, and he was still weaker then Palps when he did it. Vader never had the power to kill palps.

And the guy you don't know is Revan.

JaehSkywalker
question: why did anakin still sided with palps even though he didn't do what he had kinda promised (to save padme)? i think if i would be anakin i would be angry than loyal to palps....

steverules
Thats what I'm saying, Palps didn't keep his end of the............bargain. I would kill palps even if I was weaker than him, he had let my wife die and so I would be filled with rage towards the guy and kill him. I wonder if Anakin can do force lightning.

w00t2112
Because Sidious, told him that Vader killed her by accident, although he suspected it, he could not be entirely sure, as well he did plan to overthrow the emperor, he knew he wasnt powerful enough thats why he said to Luke " Together we can overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son"

steverules
Yup I remember that so well.

Still didn't palps say that he could bring people back to life. So if Anakin truly loved her then he could at least remember palps saying that and say, 'Lets bring my wife back to life.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.