Who Was The Father Of Jesus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
this topic is highly contraversial even from the christian point of view, i wanted to make people's belief's a little clearer. did jesus have a father? did god{or the holy spirit} impregnate mary physically or was it done just because he willed it? is the father of jesus GOD or is JESUS god? jesus was known to be a human being, would that mean that he had god's DNA? and since he was part mary and part god? does jesus LOOK like god?{physical similarities} i wanna hear out what people have got to say on the subject.

finti
I believe jesus was nothing but just a man, nothing more to him no divinity

leonheartmm
yea but i want a christians point of view, every believer throws around the fact that he was the lord and the only begotten son of god without even having a clear picture or understanding of what they are implying. i wanna see exactly what they think about it.

maham
in our (muslims') belief ,as it is stated in the Holy Quran, (NOT quotin)Jesus was a prophet n not a son of God.His birth itself was a miracle that God wanted to show cuz He is Almighty n doesn't depend on anythin or any1 fr things to happen.

debbiejo
I know what they'll say........Either

Jesus and god are one like a split personality, oh, and the holy spirit too, but the holy spirit never called it's self god either..............OR
Jesus is the son of god...Does that mean there are more?

leonheartmm
maham, i know about the muslim point of view. n also know enough to say that its even more baseless than any christian one.

debbiejo
What do the Muslims say?

leonheartmm
muslims say that christians have perverted and manipulated the bible{the same goes for jews and every other REVEALED relegion meanin the psalms etc} for their own selfish purposes and it cant be taken anymore as an authentic word of god. n fuirthermore islam was revealed for all humanity while christianity, judaism were revealed for specific people therefore islam is the COMPLETE relegion. they say that jesus was not the son of god but merely a prophet that was born without a father because god WILLED it. theres also a tradition that kinda goes. gabrielle came down from heaven to mary{who muslims call mariam} and told her she was expecting under a tree. mary horrified asked how she could be pregnant as she was a chaste woman and had never been with a man. gabrielle replied. " THAT IS EASY FOR HIM. HE SAYS "BE" AND IT IS. mary gave birth to the sun who was concieved by god's orders by HOLY LIGHT FILLING HER WOMB. this newborn spoke from his crib on the first day to mocking people saying that he was the prophet of god and indeed was born without a father. also muslims say and is said by mohammad that jesus was not crucified, he was raised to heavens alive, by god and another man that look like jesus was placed divinely in his place and he was crusifed. and it is also said that jesus will return one day and strike down a djin/demon known as darjal{who many muslims consider to be the antichrist} who will claim to be god and torture mankind. jesus will slay him and lead the muslims to voctory blahblah blah, n will live till the end f his days after which he will be buried by the muslims. thas about the gist of it.

finti
you get what you get, be satisfied with that

debbiejo
OH, so he spoke when he was 1 day old huh?....Kinda reminds me of some gnostic texts with people getting healed by using his bath water and similar things.

finti
as in a christmas present

leonheartmm
Originally posted by finti
you get what you get, be satisfied with that

lol, ok. : big grin

debbiejo
I wouldn't want that present under my tree.... no ......I'd like to have some say about it.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by leonheartmm
muslims say that christians have perverted and manipulated the bible{the same goes for jews and every other REVEALED relegion meanin the psalms etc} for their own selfish purposes and it cant be taken anymore as an authentic word of god. n fuirthermore islam was revealed for all humanity while christianity, judaism were revealed for specific people therefore islam is the COMPLETE relegion. they say that jesus was not the son of god but merely a prophet that was born without a father because god WILLED it. theres also a tradition that kinda goes. gabrielle came down from heaven to mary{who muslims call mariam} and told her she was expecting under a tree. mary horrified asked how she could be pregnant as she was a chaste woman and had never been with a man. gabrielle replied. " THAT IS EASY FOR HIM. HE SAYS "BE" AND IT IS. mary gave birth to the sun who was concieved by god's orders by HOLY LIGHT FILLING HER WOMB. this newborn spoke from his crib on the first day to mocking people saying that he was the prophet of god and indeed was born without a father. also muslims say and is said by mohammad that jesus was not crucified, he was raised to heavens alive, by god and another man that look like jesus was placed divinely in his place and he was crusifed. and it is also said that jesus will return one day and strike down a djin/demon known as darjal{who many muslims consider to be the antichrist} who will claim to be god and torture mankind. jesus will slay him and lead the muslims to voctory blahblah blah, n will live till the end f his days after which he will be buried by the muslims. thas about the gist of it.

Islam doesn't add up with all the other books that were written so how can it be the final version laughing man the abrahamic religions are hilarious

leonheartmm
ofcourse they are! theyr organised relegion, what else do u expect.

maham
maham, i know about the muslim point of view. n also know enough to say that its even more baseless than any christian one.

u giv ur views,i'll giv mine

leonheartmm
its not a view. its fact{hey btw, where do u live in pakistan?}

maham
Originally posted by debbiejo
OH, so he spoke when he was 1 day old huh?....Kinda reminds me of some gnostic texts with people getting healed by using his bath water and similar things.

if he can b born without a father n that wasn't hard fr Allah then y do u find it hard to blieve that He couldn't make Jesus speak just after birth

besides, if Adam can b born without a father then y not Jesus?

Blue nocturne
The gnostic views of jesus seem to be the one I agree with and also the saint essa stories.

maham
its not a view. its fact{hey btw, where do u live in pakistan?}

u most probably wudn't the place,but don't worry ,no riots happened here lol big grin

Cyber Ninja
Jesus is the brother of buddah which is the brother of allah which is the brother of shock

leonheartmm
Originally posted by maham
u most probably wudn't the place,but don't worry ,no riots happened here lol big grin

uhhh i LIVE in pakistan maham, islamabad smile . used to live in lahore before but moved, trust me i know pakistan inside out, so tell me, where do u live,{dont worry i wont kill ya stick out tongue }

maham
i m not worried abt that either lol

it's Loralai cuz my dads in army so v hav to move frm place to place after every 2 or 3 yrs ,but i actually belong to Lahore

debbiejo
if he can b born without a father n that wasn't hard fr Allah then y do u find it hard to blieve that He couldn't make Jesus speak just after birth

besides, if Adam can b born without a father then y not Jesus? Because its a story that the names changed through out history....Same stories, but different names.

leonheartmm
i m not worried abt that either lol

it's Loralai cuz my dads in army so v hav to move frm place to place after every 2 or 3 yrs ,but i actually belong to Lahore

i feal sorry for u.

debbiejo
I moved a lot too..... sad

Do you feel sorry for me????

leonheartmm
not really, u dont live in loralai, lol. its not exactly the greatest of places to live in.

GodIsAwesome
this topic is highly contraversial even from the christian point of view, i wanted to make people's belief's a little clearer. did jesus have a father? did god{or the holy spirit} impregnate mary physically or was it done just because he willed it? is the father of jesus GOD or is JESUS god? jesus was known to be a human being, would that mean that he had god's DNA? and since he was part mary and part god? does jesus LOOK like god?{physical similarities} i wanna hear out what people have got to say on the subject.

From my religions point of view God has a body, just like all of us. The Holy Ghost, Christ and God are 3 separate beings...however the Holy Ghost is the only one without a body.

We are all made in Gods image so we all have similarities with God.

I don't know for sure whether or not Christ has God's DNA, but that wouldn't seem impossible to me (I can't speak for the church on that one).

Mary wasn't physically impregnated, she was impregnated thorough the spirit I believe (i'm 99% sure that's what they church believes atleast).

That's what my churchs point of view on the matter is!

leonheartmm
but if she wasnt physically impregnated, why was jesus not 50% spiritual in place of being 100% physical. i mean if he was physical then he MUST have had god's dna in him. n mary MUST have been physically impregnated.

debbiejo
Kinda like doing it with the air......and coming up with something solid.............Though there is this one crack pot who said he found the Ark of the Covenant which underneath the crucification site, and when the earthquake hit Jesus blood dripped down on the Ark...He said he took some sample of the old dried blood and it was missing a chromosome..

Blue nocturne
Kinda like doing it with the air......and coming up with something solid.............Though there is this one crack pot who said he found the Ark of the Covenant which underneath the crucification site, and when the earthquake hit Jesus blood dripped down on the Ark...He said he took some sample of the old dried blood and it was missing a chromosome.. Yeah right

debbiejo
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Yeah right

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/ark-of-the-covenant-02.htm

If it was true, you'd think it would of made the papers.....

leonheartmm
i dont get why god would deny his bride{so to speak} the pleasure of sex anyway.

Blue nocturne
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/ark-of-the-covenant-02.htm

If it was true, you'd think it would of made the papers.....

Not really being published doesn't mean it's not true I just have my doubts unless he has irrefutable evidence.

debbiejo
Not really being published doesn't mean it's not true I just have my doubts unless he has irrefutable evidence. Well, if it's true, then that would mean that Jesus is part god...But how can people be missing a chromosome and still be normal..perfect and sinless.

leonheartmm
normally people missing a chromosome are RETARTED {downs syndrome being one of many results}

i think that account is bullshit though.

Blue nocturne
normally people missing a chromosome are RETARTED {downs syndrome being one of many results}

Agreed

Shakyamunison

However, that is not always the way that nature works. If downs syndrome had a distinct advantage over intelligence, then downs syndrome people would prosper and intelligent people would die off. This is an extreme example, but my point is that what we value may not be what is best for survival.

chez
i dont get why god would deny his bride{so to speak} the pleasure of sex anyway.

He didn't, though. She married Joseph, didn't she.

debbiejo
Agreed Also like I said, Jesus was to be perfect and if he was missing a chromosome then he wasn't perfect and would not be an acceptable sacrifice.

apoc001
Jesus was the only begotten son of God. He was sent to earth to teach the gospel, show the power of the priesthood, and to atone for our sins. Mary was not enpregated but through some miracle had a son anyway. She knew beforehand that she would give birth to the Son of God. Jesus did have the physical likeness of God, but he was not part spirit because he was born of a mortal woman. God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are all separate entities and God and Jesus both have physical bodies, though they've been glorified far beyond ours. Before Jesus died, he had a body just like everyone else's, but when he was ressurected he was translated into a glorified version of himself.

chez
Also like I said, Jesus was to be perfect and if he was missing a chromosome then he wasn't perfect and would not be an acceptable sacrifice.

I don't believe Jesus was missing a chromosome or anything similar, but his being "perfect" means perfect morally, not necessarily perfect physically.

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering" --Isaiah 53:2-3

But I think I'm getting off-topic... embarrasment

debbiejo
Originally posted by chez
I don't believe Jesus was missing a chromosome or anything similar, but his being "perfect" means perfect morally, not necessarily perfect physically.
embarrasment No no no, he had to be perfect physically as well, just as the sacrifices of lambs had to be unblemished. He was called the unspotted lamb. Even today people/Jews are looking for the "Red Heifer" and it has to be perfect, or god will not accept it....It has to be perfect.

Makedde
This so called 'angel' made Mary pregnant, didn't she? So, whoevers sperm Mary was artificially inseminated with, is the father.

And isn't Mary's 'immaculate conception' a sin? I thought the Catholic Church don't like IVF and whatnot.

finti
so basically what you say here is this so called female angel impregnated Mary with artificially sperm..................that would make jesus the first test tube baby in the world. Kind of "L word" written all over this

debbiejo
"L" word?.....I don't know what word that is...... blink Besides angels are not male or female and nowhere in scripture does it say it was a female angel, In fact it said the holy spirit if I'm mistaken.

leonheartmm
people keep on sayiing that jesus was the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, but HOW was he begotten?! simply saying it was a miracle is not enough, IF he IS indeed the son of god then god wouldnt just miraculously make him out of nuthin, thas how he allegedly made the world, but for a true SON, n comparable entity in significance and power, god woul have HAD to have a very personal role in the progeny BEFITTING a TRUE father. just making things out of nuhting is for LOWER beings, to be made, a real son and heir needs more.

debbiejo
I don't think people have concluded what Begotten means...It means different things in different denominations......NO ONE KNOWS....In that case we could also be begotten as well.

Bicnarok
God!

the first thing God created was Micheal the Archangel, some poeple believe Jesus is him in Human form.

Its all a matter of belief, either you do or you dont.

debbiejo
Yes it's a matter of believe, though no where in scripture is that stated.

ILoveMyDaniel
Joseph was Jesus' father.

finti
so much forthe virgin birth then

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by finti
so much forthe virgin birth then
God put the fetus in Mary's womb and granted Joseph as the father. There was no sexual involvement in Jesus' birth.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
God put the fetus in Mary's womb and granted Joseph as the father. There was no sexual involvement in Jesus' birth.

That is a myth. It is not possible.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is a myth. It is not possible.
Myth to you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Myth to you.

No it is not one of my myths. It is a Christian myth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.