Terrax & Garbriel The Air-Walker vs Teen Titans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/index.html

Teen Titans
Superboy III
Captain Marvel Jr
Wonder Girl II
Starfire
Cyborg I

grey fox
Come on golem , it's two freaking heralds .

They take out cyborg easily enough (molecular dispersion)

Superboy and terrax go one on one until his cosmic axe opens him up from groin to head.

CMJ is a bastard so he has a chance....

Wonder-girl goes down like a bag of bricks against a molecular dispersion blast.

spetznaz
Originally posted by grey fox
Come on golem , it's two freaking heralds .

They take out cyborg easily enough (molecular dispersion)

Superboy and terrax go one on one until his cosmic axe opens him up from groin to head.

CMJ is a bastard so he has a chance....

Wonder-girl goes down like a bag of bricks against a molecular dispersion blast.

At least it is an improvement .....he did not post some obscure Marvel third-rater against the entire DC universe.
Thus it is definitely an improvement.

And the 2 heralds win.

golem370
Listen. Seeing the same damn characters over and over might satisfy you but not me. They might be Obscure to a unimaginative person like you not to somebody who like tons of comic characters. Also not to somebody who tries to keep the verses matches fresh and new mad

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
Listen. Seeing the same damn characters over and over might satisfy you but not me. They might be Obscure to a unimaginative person like you not to somebody who like tons of comic characters. Also not to somebody who tries to keep the verses matches fresh and new mad

True,keeping things fresh is nice (especially in a forum that has had most of the main characters rehashed over and over again in the same battles).
However my post had the following, with emphasis added on what I said after the word 'obscure': ........he did not post some obscure Marvel third-rater against the entire DC universe.
Thus it is definitely an improvement

That is, in essence, the key difference about this post.
You did not put some third-rater from Marvel against overwhelming DC odds (apparently assuming that just because the character was from Marvel he would automatically win, to the extent that in some of your older posts you would even put such characters against the entire DC universe).
Hence it is an improvement.

Now, it might be a little weird to put 2 heralds against the Teen Titans, but that is at least a marked change from you 'Marvel character against the DCU' threads.

p.s: The characters are still obscure by the way. That aspect has nothing to do with imagination (or lack of it).

tdawg14
I like what you do Golem. I like to see some different characters as well. The heralds would take this. Keep up the good work.

golem370
I know there not the most popular characters but there still powerful people like Maul,Badrock,Savage Dragon,even comet man has cool powers

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
I know there not the most popular characters but there still powerful people like Maul,Badrock,Savage Dragon,even comet man has cool powers

BTW ....let me clarify that I have nothing against less known characters. For example I love Maul (assuming you are talking about the big guy in the WILDCats), and one of my fave WILDCats comics was the one where they went back to Khera and found that there was rampant discrimination against the Kherans that looked like Maul. Thus there are some complexities in the character that go beyond the whole 'smash 'em' mentality.
I also think Badrock is a pretty interesting character, and I have a Badrock/Wolverine crossover comic where the two meet in the Savage land. Very nice for a crossover. It would be interesting to see a matchup between Badrock and Thing, since both are strong and have a rock-like exterior.
Savage Dragon is interesting as well, and I have a Superman/SavageDragon crossover as well. Interesting.
Never heard of Comet Man though.

Anyways, I have nothing against the more obscure set of characters, and some of them (eg Badrock, Maul, etc) are not so much obscure as they are 'not as popular.'
Thus if you want to post matches with Maul and Badrock, or for that matter Dragon Man or even some of the other characters you normally get from Marvunapp.com

The only issue I have is when you dredge up some character from said website, and then post that character against overwhelming DC odds (for instance against the DCU ...although thankfully it has been some time since you did that). This is particularly weird when the character you put up was defeated in Marvel by characters that are by no means uber powerful.

In a nutshell I am all for bringing fresh characters to the debates, and sites like Marvenupp (for Marvel) and others for DC/Image/Other characters do help.
However when you have put one or two Marvel characters against the entire DCU then we have a problem.

It would be like me finding some obscure DC characters ....say Nikos Aegeus, Bellerophon, and Dr. Ub'X (all DC characters by the way) .....and then starting a thread that asks people to comment on whether they could take over the MARVEL universe!
That would be plain silly .....not because they are obscure (which they are) but because it is rather silly to dredge up characters and just pit them against an entire universe.

Anyways, I have nothing against you, and even though I pile on your threads at times (and believe you are a Marvel FB) I STILL think that your threads are some of the most creative (although at times they have amazingly skewed matchups, and some time back there were too many of them).
As for obscure characters .....all good. Actually great.
It would be a nice thing to see more Badrock and Maul.

Just don't ask if some Marvel character can take over the entire DCU UNLESS you know that that same character can take over the entire Marvel universe. If the character canNOT take over the MU (especially if it was stopped by a character like Nightcrawler and Magik), then you can be certain that the character would also FAIL in taking over the DCU.

golem370
Well lets see how stupid that was he easily beat Dormammu & Mephisto but has trouble with Magik,Nightcrawler. He is able to consume all magic energy.

Feats-Magik II#1 (fb) - BTS) - Shortly after taking over the role of ruler of Otherplace (Belasco's Limbo) Magik (Amanda Sefton) had her Earthly aide, Nugent, create a computer program/spell that began to assemble, catalog, and codify a database of arcane lore from all sources. Magik intended this to be a powerful weapon in her ongoing war, a research engine she could rely on, based in the mortal plane, untainted by the background magics that permeate the splinter realms.

(Magik II#1 (fb) - BTS) - Nugent relocated his program from his lounge to the bathroom, so that his bathtub could drain away the secretions the program accumulated.

(Magik II#4 (fb) - BTS) - The repository of magical knowledge evolved, drawing together all the vast elements of eldritch data within it and becoming...something else. From Nugent's machine sprang the Archenemy, an absolute force of magical evil. It accumulated more and more power over an undisclosed time and then returned from the far future to conquer and safeguard the time of its birth.

(Magik II#3 (fb) - BTS / Magik II#4 (fb) - BTS) - S'ym somehow became allied with the Archenemy, which allegedly promised S'ym that he would rule over Otherplace after the Archenemy had destroyed the other Splinter Realms. S'ym took the form and identity of Duke Bleys, becoming one of Magik's chief advisors.

(Magik II#2 (fb)) - The Archenemy appeared in the skies of the Nightmare Realm, slaughtering the Silurian Guard and overrunning the fortress of Nightmare.

(Magik II#1) - The Archenemy caused a horrific nightmare in Nightmare himself before confronting the demon directly.

(Magik II#1 (fb) - BTS / Magik II#2 (fb) - BTS) - The Archenemy apparently consumed both Nightmare and much of his realm, adding it to its own power.

(Magik II#1 (fb) - BTS) - Some demons from Nightmare's realm escaped the realm's destruction.

(Magik II#3 (fb) - BTS) - The Dark Dimension of Dormammu fell under the Archenemy's onslaught.

(Magik II#2 (fb) - BTS) - Dormammu, sensing the above conflict in the Nightmare realm, traveled there and discovered Gleeg, the decapitated former captain of the Silurian Guard. Dormammu reanimated Gleeg and forced him to reveal what had happened.

(Magik II#1) - Nugent showed his work to Magik, who was pleased with his progress. Nugent prepared to transcribe the Book of Eibon into the database.

(Magik II#2 (fb) - BTS) - The Archenemy appeared in Muspelheim, annihilating Surtur's demon guards, extinguishing the eternal flame on Surtur's blade (Twilight?), possibly destroying Surtur as well, and leaving the realm a burnt out husk.

(Magik II#1 - BTS) - Demons from Nightmare's realm assaulted the fortified wall of Otherplace before being fought off by Magik and her forces, including Vitchen and assisted by Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner). Dormammu then appeared in Otherplace, confronting Magik.

(Magik II#2) - Dormammu forced Gleeg to tell his story to Magik before allowing Gleeg release from the agony of life-death. Dormammu proposed an alliance against their unnamed foe, though Magik was hesitant to trust the demon-lord. Wishing proof, Magik and her armies accompanied Dormammu to the realm of Muspelheim. After surveying the destruction, they encountered the Archenemy itself, which slaughtered Magik's warriors and Dormammu's Mindless Ones alike. Magik used a stepping disk to transport herself, Dormammu, Nightcrawler, and Vitchen back to Otherplace, escaping the destruction that the others faced.
Magik checked in on Nugent, who reported that his machine was already stocked with three-quarters of the world's arcane data. She instructed Nugent to keep at it, as she feared she would have need of the database soon. Nugent tabulated the information Magik gave her and predicted that the next target would be Hades (more correctly, Mephisto's realm of Hell). Magik then traveled to Hell and confronted Mephisto, forcing him to listen to what she had to say. Magik then showed him that the Archenemy was at the gates of Hell itself.

(Magik II#3) - As the Archenemy lay waste to Mephisto's beast legions and kingdom, Mephisto struck out at the Archenemy, attempting to destroy it and having virtually no effect on the entity. With no other choice, Mephisto accompanied Magik back to the Otherplace, escaping Hell before it fell under the Archenemy's assault. Deciding that only a united force could oppose the Archenemy, Magik called a convocation of the Lords of the Splinter Realms. After much debating, the Lords agreed that they had no choice but to put their trust in each other, and they made a pact of union, merging the Splinter-Realms into a single base from which they could act via a collective showering of energy, mingling of oaths, and mixing of demon-blood.
However, almost immediately after they had done so, Magik's advisor Duke Bleys was revealed as her enemy S'ym, who was serving the Archenemy. As the Archenemy itself arrived at the merged realm, S'ym revealed that they had actually made the Archenemy's job easier by creating a single easy target.

(Magik II#4) - Magik blew the Horn of Harrowing, calling the various Lords and their servants to confront the Archenemy, who paused briefly--as if stayed by the sight of such formidable resistance--before beginning its onslaught. Two hundred thousand died in the first second, and the Archenemy moved on, crushing the walls of the United Realm underfoot. As her allies fell before the Archenemy, Magik convinced them to unite their power once more and focus them through her so that she could cast a spell of divination to understand the nature of their foe. As soon as she understood what it was, she transported Nightcrawler to Manhattan, where he destroyed Nugent's machine. Weakened by the destruction of its source of power, the Archenemy fell before Magik and her Soulsword, which destroyed it.

With the Archenemy destroyed, the United Realm swiftly splintered anew. Many of the demon-lords were able to re-form over time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.