There are more than ten commandments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
Teacher that travelled or w/e blah blah blah, said there were more than 10 commandments and "people just cut it to 10" confused Anyone know anything ?

Blue nocturne
There are 4 pages of laws in the bible that's more then ten.

debbiejo
Yeah Deut. is full of them......lots and lots.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
There are 4 pages of laws in the bible that's more then ten.

Whats the page numbers shifty

Blue nocturne
Exodus 20:1-26 21:1-22 22:1-31 etc...

Cyber Ninja
Exodus 20:1-26 21: 1-22: 1-31 etc... But in the story of moses whats with the ten thing : ( shock

* i will check those pages out when I get home*

Blue nocturne
I think it's just people make stuff up.

Cyber Ninja
I think it's just people make stuff up. Well if you want to go to hell then follow the bible because people messed with that crap.

debbiejo
Well if you follow them then:

You can't mix different fabrics........What's the deal with that???
blink

apoc001
My religion's Bible hasn't been tampered with, but it has been fully translated.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by apoc001
My religion's Bible hasn't been tampered with, but it has been fully translated.

How do you know?

Hit_and_Miss
the "10 commandments" sum up nearly all things that are wrong...(sure theres a few sins that slip though the net of the 10)

using those 10 you can pretty much decide if an action is wrong or right....

Unless its something like "is it ok to kill in self defence?" in which case you have to re-read the bible...

apoc001
We have the original copies of the Bible, but all over the place, there's footnotes that better explain what is meant by certain words. We also have three other books which we believe to be the parts of the scriptures that were lost. And when you take the teachings of the Bible and the teachings of our other books, the gospel makes perfect sense and we don't very often have problems with contradictions in our scriptures. I also feel the presence of the Holy Ghost and that usually brings out strength in a testimony.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by apoc001
We have the original copies of the Bible, but all over the place, there's footnotes that better explain what is meant by certain words. We also have three other books which we believe to be the parts of the scriptures that were lost. And when you take the teachings of the Bible and the teachings of our other books, the gospel makes perfect sense and we don't very often have problems with contradictions in our scriptures. I also feel the presence of the Holy Ghost and that usually brings out strength in a testimony.

I don't believe you have the original copies. I think you are telling me something you believe. In other words, I don't think you are lying, just that other people have lied to you. Sorry if that offends you, that is not my intent.

debbiejo
What? there are no original copies of the bible...!!

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible2.htm <---See

Gregory
What sect are you, apoc001?

mysterio69
#11 all must obey mysterio69! and you must let him hook up with your hot daughters and wives!

Blue nocturne
The oldest bible is the sinai bible compared to mordern bibles there 16,000 errors roughly and the sinai bible isn't published.

debbiejo
The oldest bible is the sinai bible compared to mordern bibles there 16,000 errors roughly and the sinai bible isn't published. Do you have a link for this???....

Originally posted by mysterio69
#11 all must obey mysterio69! and you must let him hook up with your hot daughters and wives! I thought Canadians were a peaceful people... confused

Bicnarok
There were 10 main commandments on the tablets, but loads more laws. Jesus canceled these out with a simpler one "love your neighbour as you would love yourself"

debbiejo
^ According to scripture, Jesus never cancelled them out, the 10 commandments that is.

Blue nocturne
http://chi.gospelcom.net/DAILYF/2001/12/daily-12-24-2001.shtml

sinai bible info

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Bicnarok
There were 10 main commandments on the tablets, but loads more laws. Jesus canceled these out with a simpler one "love your neighbour as you would love yourself"

10 main where does it say those are the ten main laws?

And "THE TORAH" (The law) is part of gods covenant with Israel which is everlasting.

debbiejo
10 main where does it say those are the ten main laws?

And "THE TORAH" (The law) is part of gods covenant with Israel which is everlasting. True, Torah means law.........Yet there were supposedly written in stone, so that is where most of the difference is....The older laws some churches think are still in affect, though they pick and chose which ones....Like the one I mentioned; don't mix different fabrics....People don't keep them, and say it was more metaphorical of do not mix with other nations.

Though no where does it say that the 10 commandments were done away with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.