Was there a need for creation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
sometimes I think God was just wasting his time.

debbiejo
Well I'm glad I'm here.....The world just wouldn't be the same without me...... sad

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
sometimes I think God was just wasting his time.

There was no creation.

debbiejo
Well it could be called the creative process, that's how I took it.

soleran30
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There was no creation.

hmmmmmm

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well I'm glad I'm here.....The world just wouldn't be the same without me...... sad

I mean creation in general. What was the point of all existance?? What was the reason for creating the stars and planets and creatures of the universe? Assuming there is a creator "God", why did he do it? What was the point?

=Mysta=-kILL
There was no creation.
why do you say this everytime this kind of topic comes up, you dont know if there was a creation or not?

debbiejo
I mean creation in general. What was the point of all existance?? What was the reason for creating the stars and planets and creatures of the universe? Assuming there is a creator "God", why did he do it? What was the point? What was the point? To experience life with all that it would entail....I don't believe what the bible says about it though. Everything is interesting to explore, and there's lots to explore.

Blue nocturne
It depends what creation your talking about, the universe seems infinite so I doubt it was made but as for man well his creation is mysterious many ancient society's like talk about gods creating us and educating us etc, I can't validate this but The creation of many is interesting though I 'am studying it.

Morgoths_Wrath
What was the point? To experience life with all that it would entail....I don't believe what the bible says about it though. Everything is interesting to explore, and there's lots to explore.

to live is to suffer...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by =Mysta=-kILL
why do you say this everytime this kind of topic comes up, you dont know if there was a creation or not?

Were is the beginning of a circle? You don't have to see a circle to know the answer. If you study physics you will understand that time is space and space has no beginning.

Morgoths_Wrath
to live is to suffer...

...and to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Morgoths_Wrath
Were is the beginning of a circle? You don't have to see a circle to know the answer. If you study physics you will understand that time is space and space has no beginning.

word

debbiejo
to live is to suffer... It's all how you look at it...If you're gonna have "Ups" then you gotta have "Downs"....You can't have one without the other....If all you had were "Ups" then it would be meaningless, though if you live in the "Present Moment", this present moment, you can enjoy much.

Morgoths_Wrath
It's all how you look at it...If you're gonna have "Ups" then you gotta have "Downs"....You can't have one without the other....If all you had were "Ups" then it would be meaningless, though if you live in the "Present Moment", this present moment, you can enjoy much.

it's just the Buddhist philosophy...all joy leads to eventual suffering

Blue nocturne
What was the point? To experience life with all that it would entail....I don't believe what the bible says about it though. Everything is interesting to explore, and there's lots to explore.

According to the bible god created us to till the land so it seems fair to say we are a slave race.

soleran30

a circle never "ends" however a circle is formed then it never "ends."

Shakyamunison
word

?

=Mysta=-kILL
Originally posted by soleran30
yes

debbiejo
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
According to the bible god created us to till the land so it seems fair to say we are a slave race. Yeah according to the bible this is our punishment because of 2 people disobeying god...Using their free will that was given to them. Now we all got to suffer here and then later too in hell.....forever and ever and ever and ever!!!.....Will I see you all there?? messed

Blue nocturne
yes

no

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by soleran30

That is the problem with analogies; they are always incorrect at some point.

=Mysta=-kILL
Yeah according to the bible this is our punishment because of 2 people disobeying god...Using their free will that was given to them. Now we all got to suffer here and then later too in hell.....forever and ever and ever and ever!!!.....Will I see you all there?? messed
not if you repent for sins and follow GOd, then you get to go to heaven and live with him.

Shakyamunison
not if you repent for sins and follow GOd, then you get to go to heaven and live with him.

Heaven is not a place were you go after you die. big grin

leonheartmm

what if you splatter a bottle of purple paint all over that circle and make a bunny out of it all? smile {think outside the box, this universe is not based on any certainties}

Blue nocturne
Yeah according to the bible this is our punishment because of 2 people disobeying god...Using their free will that was given to them. Now we all got to suffer here and then later too in hell.....forever and ever and ever and ever!!!.....Will I see you all there?? messed

No, that just Christian playing make things up Yahweh gives us a few curses he kicks us out of eden because he doesn't want us to eat from the other tree and live forever

GodIsAwesome
From my point of view, and granted...this is my point of view...I feel like God created it all so he can have children...us. Because there is honestly no better feeling than having a family, serving them, and loving them. I think for this Love and the opportunity to find that same love for ourselves, we were created.

debbiejo
No, that just Christian playing make things up Yahweh gives us a few curses he kicks us out of eden because he doesn't want us to eat from the other tree and live forever Funny thing is I already think we live forever anyway. I take the the Adam and Eve story as more metaphorical......

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by GodIsAwesome
From my point of view, and granted...this is my point of view...I feel like God created it all so he can have children...us. Because there is honestly no better feeling than having a family, serving them, and loving them. I think for this Love and the opportunity to find that same love for ourselves, we were created.

But he already had children "The sons of god" ring a bell? :

Blue nocturne
Funny thing is I already think we live forever anyway. I take the the Adam and Eve story as more metaphorical......

The flesh isn't eternal, I can't say it is metaphorical IMO.

GodIsAwesome
But he already had children "The sons of god" ring a bell? :

Ok...this is going to get into some pretty deep doctrine of my faiths beliefs so I'll do my best to explain...however I should let you know that what I say doesn't necessarily stand for my churches beliefs...it is just how I'm interpreting the scriptures ( if you would like me to find what my church would officially say I can try).

First of all it's important to figure out the context in which we are referring to the sons of God. In some situations that simply is addressing all children of God. The sons of God have also been seen as the 1/3 of people who joined Satan and rebelled against God, but are still Gods children. Then there are the views that other churches, theologians have saying (like I'm guessing you are implying) that they are people who existed before everything got going.

Now hopefully I can explain my perspective well enough to not create confusion...

I believe all three of those definitions could be true. In my faith there is believed to be a pre-existence. Essientially EVERY child of God was there as a spirit...we had not yet come to earth to receive our bodies. It was in the pre-existence when the war in heaven happened, that is often talked about (when Satan proposed his plan and tried to get people to follow him ...and some people did)

If you go by this belief then Gods children did indeed exist before anyone came to earth.

So now you may wonder why would we even need to come to earth if we were alredy created as His children before. Well, we didn't have bodies in the pre-existence...but after hearing Gods plan we made the choice to come to earth and gain a body just like our Heavenly Father has. There are certains things we just can't do without a body and in order to achieve the degree of happiness that God wanted for us we needed to get the body (however that's not the only reason we came to earth...just one of them).

I don't know if that was very clear or not. But that is what I believe and is some of the doctrine and beliefs of my church.

Blue nocturne
Ok...this is going to get into some pretty deep doctrine of my faiths beliefs so I'll do my best to explain...however I should let you know that what I say doesn't necessarily stand for my churches beliefs...it is just how I'm interpreting the scriptures ( if you would like me to find what my church would officially say I can try).

First of all it's important to figure out the context in which we are referring to the sons of God. In some situations that simply is addressing all children of God. The sons of God have also been seen as the 1/3 of people who joined Satan and rebelled against God, but are still Gods children. Then there are the views that other churches, theologians have saying (like I'm guessing you are implying) that they are people who existed before everything got going.

Now hopefully I can explain my perspective well enough to not create confusion...

I believe all three of those definitions could be true. In my faith there is believed to be a pre-existence. Essientially EVERY child of God was there as a spirit...we had not yet come to earth to receive our bodies. It was in the pre-existence when the war in heaven happened, that is often talked about (when Satan proposed his plan and tried to get people to follow him ...and some people did)

If you go by this belief then Gods children did indeed exist before anyone came to earth.

So now you may wonder why would we even need to come to earth if we were alredy created as His children before. Well, we didn't have bodies in the pre-existence...but after hearing Gods plan we made the choice to come to earth and gain a body just like our Heavenly Father has. There are certains things we just can't do without a body and in order to achieve the degree of happiness that God wanted for us we needed to get the body (however that's not the only reason we came to earth...just one of them).

I don't know if that was very clear or not. But that is what I believe and is some of the doctrine and beliefs of my church.

What passages of the bible verify what you say?

GodIsAwesome
What passages of the bible verify what you say?

I don't know what you specifically want me to verify...but one verse leading to the belief of a life before is found in Jeremiah 1:4-5. It talks about how Jeremiah had already agreed and been ordained a prophet before he even came to earth.

You can also look in Eph. 1:4-5 and 2 Tim 1:9.

They show that we accepted this life and Gods plan before we came here. My church uses the King James Version of the Bible also...incase you want to read it in the exact same wording that I'm getting it from.

debbiejo

I don't know if that was very clear or not. But that is what I believe and is some of the doctrine and beliefs of my church. Well this is certainly a different view from other doctrines....Kinda goes with my metaphorical thoughts about the Adam and Eve story sorta......That we were in spirit but decided to become human which meant to eat from the tree of knowledge....knowledge being the knowledge of being human, and not taking from the Tree of Life anymore, which is what we were before we came down into these bodies. Life, living, formless perhaps. The true state of our energies.

I don't believe this view is biblical at all though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.