Jessica Alba sues Playboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
While it does suck that Playboy has used her photo without permission I fail to see what "immeasurable harm" this does to her

Deathblow
She seems to have a real problem with the idea of becoming famous due to her body rather than her ''acting skills'', as she's said before. Which is quite ironic considering her last two major roles have required her to spend the entire film in a bikini (Into The Blue), and on stage in cowboy chaps gyrating her hips (Sin City).

katie_girl09
laughing out loud How true!!!

Darth_Erebus
Jessica Alba has acting skills? Not from what I've seen.

Smallville
Originally posted by Deathblow
She seems to have a real problem with the idea of becoming famous due to her body rather than her ''acting skills'', as she's said before. Which is quite ironic considering her last two major roles have required her to spend the entire film in a bikini (Into The Blue), and on stage in cowboy chaps gyrating her hips (Sin City).

Come now, there was Fantastic Four. She... no wait, there was the "walking around in a skin-tight jump suit" and the "bra and panties bridge scene."

Nevermind
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Jessica Alba has acting skills? Not from what I've seen.

Are you just saying that to fit in? I think she has genuinely decent acting skill which will improve with age. What have you seen that supports your case? I've seen Sin City and Fantastic Four and she was good in both.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Nevermind
Are you just saying that to fit in? I think she has genuinely decent acting skill which will improve with age. What have you seen that supports your case? I've seen Sin City and Fantastic Four and she was good in both.

No, I'm not saying that to "fit in". She's a gorgeous babe with mediocre acting skills. I've seen her in Dark Angel, The Sleeping Dictionary (her best performance), Sin City, Fantastic Four, and Into the Blue. Good looking woman but Meryl Streep she isn't, actingwise.

BackFire
Alba has generic acting skills, but anyone who thinks that she would be anywhere near as popular as she is if it she didn't have her looks is incredibly naive (herself included).

All of the roles she's been in have been predominantly based on her attrativeness.

sammii
jessica alba has appeared in films wearing (not very much)

but there the main films shes being offered n she has to accept otherwise her acting career would be down the drain , honey thats an exapmle of her acting skills

botankus
I did a search on her and I've only seen one movie she's ever done (Idle Hands), but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that her acting skills are only slightly better than the acting skills of a pile of squirrel vomit.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Nevermind
She's like, what, 25? If her acting isn't very good now, chances are they aren't gonna be good anytime soon...

Deathblow
Originally posted by sammii
jessica alba has appeared in films wearing (not very much)

but there the main films shes being offered n she has to accept otherwise her acting career would be down the drain , honey thats an exapmle of her acting skills

Not really. Dancing skills, yes, acting skills, hardly. She's not a terrible actress, she's just utterly mediocre in every way. It's been said before, and I'll say it again: if it wasn't for the fact that she's been blessed with a body that appears to be straight out of Greek mythology, she'd still be making cheap B-movies and probably praying she'd be offered the chance to do a centerfold for Playboy.

silver_tears
I'm closing this but you guys can discuss it in her thread if you choose to do so smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.